Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Lee565

None of those clubs are that desperate. He won't guarantee the league to any of them especially the opportunity cost of his financial package.
He does guarantee top 4 football for these clubs which will make them a lot back on ucl revenue and with a striker like kane you have a good shot at winning the ucl, honestly if united had kane I would believe we would have a strong chance at winning it this season with so many top sides not looking at their best

Lee565

Is there no way we could still buy him this season or are we that hamstrung by ffp (unlike oil clubs who can do what they want), it feels like our best chance to have an elite striker since rvp, I don’t buy that he wants 500k a week because Bayern would have pulled out straight away

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
They should really, you can spend 70 -100 million on a player from another league like havertz, sancho, nunez, Antony and not know if they can handle the premier league or spend 100-120 million on kane who will guarantee your club 20 -30 goals a season on top of 5 - 10 assists as well.
The fee is not the only cost though, his wages will also be multiples of most other players. And yes he is pretty much guaranteed to be excellent but not for more than 2-3 years. After that who knows? If he costs say £100m fee to an English club and £25m per season it could be a layout of around £200m over that period. There is also FFP to consider. I think City would maybe have bitten but they wisely got Haaland instead. Pretty sure the other clubs can't, now, unless maybe Qatar buys United and sells some players.

Redstain

Some people here seriously thought we should have been pissing around with Daniel Levy holding our summer hostage. Unreal lack of foresight. Thankfully the club found the right conclusion very early.
I agree I also don't think Kane is the right move for the long term. Some of the signings under ETH mirror a team that doesn't have ownership like the Glazers. Consider Casemiro, Eriksen and Kane two already in our team are objectively in need of replacing, that would be close to 200M on players in excess of 30 for a team that needed a rebuild due to players that have failed consistently for years it's diabolical planning.

Not a problem with middle eastern ownership but every bit of a problem under owners that take dividends and are restrictive in the market. United should be looking to make sustainable moves in the future that represents value. If we had a more youth focused team then Kane is cherry on top but the average squad age of 27 a player that will cost in excess of 100+ million and wages significantly higher than other first team members it's not the right move regardless of the players quality.

zenith

Levy is the factor holding spurs back. I mean come on, how stupid do you have to be.

Had they been a smart club, the bayern transfer would have gone through by now and they would have had their pick of targets. Not now though.

Any potential sale will only go through after the league starts, leaving spurs with no time to spend that money. On top of that Kane could be injured and that'll screw them up big time.

So very glad watching this from a distance and happy to see us not being involved at all. Imagine this being a summer long saga for us and all the associated uncertainty

TheLord

Just watch, he will sign a new 3 year contract at Spurs
Then fair play to him and Levy. Kane will finish a Spurs legend, and certainly as the all-time highest PL and England goalscorer, but with a big asterisk that he's a legend who has won absolutely nothing his entire career. Levy will win everything.

What I'd actually love is to see Kane leaving on a free next summer with Levy red-faced, as he struggles to sign a replacement even half as decent as Kane despite willing to spend a cool 100m.

croadyman

Then fair play to him and Levy. Kane will finish a Spurs legend, and certainly as the all-time highest PL and England goalscorer, but with a big asterisk that he's a legend who has won absolutely nothing his entire career. Levy will win everything.

What I'd actually love is to see Kane leaving on a free next summer with Levy red-faced, as he struggles to sign a replacement even half as decent as Kane despite willing to spend a cool 100m.
I think most of us (know not all) want him to screw Levy over and leave on a free next summer

scottser

Says who? If, as seems to be the case, Bayern and Kane have talked and agreed, I imagine the wage question has been mentioned :)

Btw Bild Germany reports the rumour that Tottenham might consider Werder Bremens Niklas Füllkrug as replacement for Kane. Kinda ironic considering Bayern have looked at Füllkrug as well, but considered him to lack in quality
Says the United bean counters, who seem to have been quoted over 500 large per week for his services. Spurs themselves offered Kane 400 and he refused it. Personally, I don't agree with paying players that sort of chunk at that stage of their careers unless the contract stipulates a certain number of guaranteed goals per season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think most of us (know not all) want him to screw Levy over and leave on a free next summer
Yup. However from Kane’s pov is that just a wasted year? Could he see it as go abroad for one/two then come back.

SteveCoppellFan

Everyone going down the media narrative that Levy is the problem here.

Kane is not leaving because his options are not great, If City had come in for him this summer he would demand a transfer.

Most of the top teams in the Premiership are either not a option like Arsenal and Chelsea or United have not shown enough interest in him.

Kane is happy where he is and has a family and a new child on the way so at 30 he's not leaving unless the option is brilliant.

No disrespect to Bayern but that is not a big enough of a pull to uproot his family at this stage of his career, sure he wins the German league but Bayern do that every year anyway.

He will probably sign a new contract at Spurs unless he gets a staggering offer as a free agent next year from United or the big two in Spain.

cyberman

Kane is not leaving because his options are not great, If City had come in for him this summer he would demand a transfer.

Most of the top teams in the Premiership are either not a option like Arsenal and Chelsea or United have not shown enough interest in him.

Kane is happy where he is and has a family and a new child on the way so at 30 he's not leaving unless the option is brilliant.

No disrespect to Bayern but that is not a big enough of a pull to uproot his family at this stage of his career, sure he wins the German league but Bayern do that every year anyway.

He will probably sign a new contract at Spurs unless he gets a staggering offer as a free agent next year from United or the big two in Spain.
Levy is literally the problem why they don’t have options for Kane?

Abraxas

I like how you deliver this with such authority as if you know the inner workings of Kane's mind. Something that is speculative at best.

What isn't speculative is that Spurs scared us away when we enquired for Kane as our number one target, and Bayern are also having a heck of a time getting it over the line. That speaks for itself, doesn't it? Usually when a player is in this contractual position there is a deal to be made and there are options available to a player, especially a world class one. The reason there are limited options and the ones that have been there aren't materialising is Tottenham and Daniel Levy placing obstacles in the way of it happening. Which is absolutely their right, no issues there - but lets call a spade a spade. It's not because of Harry Kane who has made his position plain as day when he reached this position of not signing a contract.

SteveCoppellFan

Levy is literally the problem why they don’t have options for Kane?
I think Levy thinks Kane signs a new contract, he knows Kane as well as anyone.

I used to know a guy on a poker forum call cyberman, always thought that was a cool name.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Spurs are never going to be able to replace his goals and influence, so why not keep him for another year even if he does leave for free next summer.
Better to have someone in the side who's capable of dragging you into CL places than rely on their current line of forwards.

Keep Kane, get into the top 4 ,get CL money, Kane leaves for free (?).

Baxquux

I like how you deliver this with such authority as if you know the inner workings of Kane's mind. Something that is speculative at best.

What isn't speculative is that Spurs scared us away when we enquired for Kane as our number one target, and Bayern are also having a heck of a time getting it over the line. That speaks for itself, doesn't it? Usually when a player is in this contractual position there is a deal to be made and there are options available to a player, especially a world class one. The reason there are limited options and the ones that have been there aren't materialising is Tottenham and Daniel Levy placing obstacles in the way of it happening. Which is absolutely their right, no issues there - but lets call a spade a spade. It's not because of Harry Kane who has made his position plain as day when he reached this position of not signing a contract.
Didn't Chelsea squeeze 100m Euros and innumerable add-ons out of Madrid for Hazard in a similar situation and only a year younger? Levy is probably looking at this as a partial precedent as well as the lack of goal-guaranteeing CFs on the market: still a horrible and borderline unreasonable negotiator, of course...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs are never going to be able to replace his goals and influence, so why not keep him for another year even if he does leave for free next summer.
Better to have someone in the side who's capable of dragging you into CL places than rely on their current line of forwards.

Keep Kane, get into the top 4 ,get CL money, Kane leaves for free (?).
They need to sign some more defenders and midfielders as getting nowhere near 4th with their present options.

Conceded 60 + goals last season in premier league.

SteveCoppellFan

You are being selective in what is speculative.

United have never confirmed anything about Kane being their number one target this summer, its just an obvious assumption because Kane is entering his final year and we needed a striker.

What did United do, politely ask Levy and was told no, and we just said ok, thank you very much ?

Bayern want Kane and they have been haggling for a while, If United truly wanted Kane at all costs then there would have been all kinds of leaks coming out.

It has just not materialised like that at all.

Abraxas

You are being selective in what is speculative.

United have never confirmed anything about Kane being their number one target this summer, its just an obvious assumption because Kane is entering his final year and we needed a striker.

What did United do, politely ask Levy and was told no, and we just said ok, thank you very much ?

Bayern want Kane and they have been haggling for a while, If United truly wanted Kane at all costs then there would have been all kinds of leaks coming out.

It has just not materialised like that at all.
It's not really an assumption, it is widely reported we wanted Kane. But yes, it is not set in stone fact if that's what you want to put forward, but it's quite different to this totally baseless idea you are coming up with about Kane's thought process.

Your idea that it is Kane that is blocking a deal rather than being chiefly attributable to Tottenham and Levy makes zero sense because a club with the dimension and intelligence of the operators behind Bayern Munich would not be running down their transfer window scrambling private jets in an attempt to appease Tottenham Hotspur for a player that is not onboard. That is absolutely ludicrous as a concept. Clubs these days get players feeling around joining and a base outline of potential contractual terms well in advance. So unless Kane is spinning them a yarn for no obvious reason it just doesn't add up.

I come back to the conclusion it is mainly because Daniel Levy and Tottenham are putting very tough demands on the table for a 30 year old in his final year.

dinostar77

It's not really an assumption, it is widely reported we wanted Kane. But yes, it is not set in stone fact if that's what you want to put forward, but it's quite different to this totally baseless idea you are coming up with about Kane's thought process.

Your idea that it is Kane that is blocking a deal rather than being chiefly attributable to Tottenham and Levy makes zero sense because a club with the dimension and intelligence of the operators behind Bayern Munich would not be running down their transfer window scrambling private jets in an attempt to appease Tottenham Hotspur for a player that is not onboard. That is absolutely ludicrous as a concept. Clubs these days get players feeling around joining and a base outline of potential contractual terms well in advance. So unless Kane is spinning them a yarn for no obvious reason it just doesn't add up.

I come back to the conclusion it is mainly because Daniel Levy and Tottenham are putting very tough demands on the table for a 30 year old in his final year.
Agreed. Every man and his dog knows Kane was our first choice striker this summer. A quick google will bring up loads of articles.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
According to magazine "focus.de" there was a call between Bayern and spurs this afternoon and agreement on "most major points" in the deal has been reached.

It is worth to mention that the man behind "focus" Markwort is a member of FC Bayerns board of directors and a close friend of Hoeneß.

Red Royal

According to magazine "focus.de" there was a call between Bayern and spurs this afternoon and agreement on "most major points" in the deal has been reached.

It is worth to mention that the man behind "focus" Markwort is a member of FC Bayerns board of directors and a close friend of Hoeneß.
I feel it is far from done, if it was really close why risk him in a friendly days before he leaves? Makes little sense, though it is Levy pulling the strings.

Doracle

Why is that sadly? I hope he does.
Good news if you are a Bayern fan. I don’t see why a Man Utd fan would want to take away the option of acquiring the world’s best striker on a free next summer or why we’d want one of our main competitors for European trophies to have him.

The best option for United is for him to stay at this poor Spurs team for another year. We then see how Hojlund does and get Kane in if it looks the right call next summer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good news if you are a Bayern fan. I don’t see why a Man Utd fan would want to take away the option of acquiring the world’s best striker on a free next summer or why we’d want one of our main competitors for European trophies to have him.

The best option for United is for him to stay at this poor Spurs team for another year. We then see how Hojlund does and get Kane in if it looks the right call next summer.
Easy now! :wenger:

Red 142

Loads of other clubs could also end up going for Kane next summer though - Barca, Real, PSG, Chelsea etc. - no guarantee he'd go to Utd.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Lots of people try to escape their home countries with young families, trying to provide their children with a better life. Doing this while they are young would give his kids a chance to start their adult life with an EU passport.

massey

Loads of other clubs could also end up going for Kane next summer though - Barca, Real, PSG, Chelsea etc. - no guarantee he'd go to Utd.
This is what I don't get people thinking it's some given he's coming to us on a free next season if he stays with spurs for a year,clubs will be falling over them selves to offer him a mega contract.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Lots of people try to escape their home countries with young families, trying to provide their children with a better life. Doing this while they are young would give his kids a chance to start their adult life with an EU passport.
Be careful not to hit your head over bending for bayern like that.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
True but for children born into the kind of money a top football player has, ist is not as big an incentive. They will have other ways.

I really wonder where this kind of optimism/delusion comes from, that the deal might bust and suddenly Kane decides to join United.?! The way I understand it, for a top player transfer at least, is

Interested club ("ic") approaches player of interest (poi) and asks politely. This is done only with players who are at a convenient (for them) contract situation. (If poi still has several years contract, I hear it is good form to ask the selling club (SC) beforehand.

Well if Kane was a poi for united, they would have talked (have they since 2021?) And Kane would have signaled to be willing and eager (has he? Don't think so)

If the Bayern deal goes bust which has a maybe 5% chance of happening and which gets smaller every day, he won't automatically sign for the new highest bidder folks. This ain't FM.

Players this stature decide themselves where they go and where they don't.

caid

True but for children born into the kind of money a top football player has, ist is not as big an incentive. They will have other ways.

I really wonder where this kind of optimism/delusion comes from, that the deal might bust and suddenly Kane decides to join United.?! The way I understand it, for a top player transfer at least, is

Interested club ("ic") approaches player of interest (poi) and asks politely. This is done only with players who are at a convenient (for them) contract situation. (If poi still has several years contract, I hear it is good form to ask the selling club (SC) beforehand.

Well if Kane was a poi for united, they would have talked (have they since 2021?) And Kane would have signaled to be willing and eager (has he? Don't think so)

If the Bayern deal goes bust which has a maybe 5% chance of happening and which gets smaller every day, he won't automatically sign for the new highest bidder folks. This ain't FM.

Players this stature decide themselves where they go and where they don't.
Not under Levy they dont.
The rest of your post is simply wrong. Because of Levy primarily but just in general too. Levy stops being relevant in a years time and things change at that point. Theres about a 5% chance we even attempt to buy him this summer though. If he leaves it'll be to Bayern.

Judas

Open to offers
Can't believe after all those wasted years, he's going to go and win trophies in Germany instead of just waiting another season to leave for a PL team :lol:that's so Kane, bizarre.