g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

Really can't understand it if he wants to go this summer. Wait 9 months then pick anything you want on even more money.
Where do you see him going or will he actually buy into the project and sign new deal

tomaldinho1

And now he will extend his contract and become the biggest legend Spurs ever had. And I guess that’s what he actually wants.
You have to assume he's indicated to them he wants to extend otherwise it's an awful business decision from Spurs.

RedDevilUnited369

Which is why I said if he decided to wait it out a bit longer.

Madrid would still want Kane if they signed Mbappe. Kane is on a free. You think a team such as Madrid and the way Perez is he wouldn't salivate of the idea of an Mbappe-Kane-Vini front 3 ?

This is the same team that brought Benzema Ronaldo and Kaka in the same summer.
I agree, I don’t think Kane would want all that smoke tho…at Bayern he’s the main man and top earner…

Won’t be that at Madrid.

the_cliff

That’s an assumption. Imagine refusing Bayern now only for Madrid to not be interested.

Also people talk about Kane waiting as if he’s 25.
It's not an assumption. Madrid will still be interested in Kane regardless of Mbappe, with the way Madrid move they've probably already made it clear to him that they'd be interested him on a free regardless of Mbappe.

croadyman

It's not an assumption. Madrid will still be interested in Kane regardless of Mbappe, with the way Madrid move they've probably already made it clear to him that they'd be interested him on a free regardless of Mbappe.
Yeah that is very true

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
l
Source?

the_cliff

I agree, I don’t think Kane would want all that smoke tho…at Bayern he’s the main man and top earner…

Won’t be that at Madrid.
Yeah maybe not.

My point was people seem to be counting out Madrid for no reason whatsoever as if they'll say no to the 2nd best cf in the world on a free.

dinostar77

Spurs (levy) are so greedy. Kane can sign a pre-contract with Bayern on jan1st 2024.

They must be holding out on kane signing a nrw deal otherwise madness to turn €100mil or whatever it is especially for ffp reasons.

Shinjch

Bayern have approached this strangely from the start, as if they have no idea the person on the other side of the negotiations. If they weren't willing to pay the price quoted, just move on to someone you are willing to pay for. Everyone should know the sort of operator Levy is by now.

the_cliff

l

Source?
There's no source for it but the fact that Madrid was interested in Kane in the beginning of the transfer window then decided to pull out after hearing Levy's demands for me is evidence enough that they'll take him on a free.

They're signing Mbappe regardless, it's been known since Mbappe was 19 that he'd eventually join Madrid the only question was when, so the attempted move had nothing to do with Mbappe.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And now he will extend his contract and become the biggest legend Spurs ever had. And I guess that’s what he actually wants.
That would be dumbest move of all and truly mark him as loyal beyond belief, or a genuine moron.

croadyman

God I wish we could have raised £100m to offer them that plus addons taking it to around the £115m mark in total. Unfortunately we are awful at selling players

philippexyz

I would love him to follow the footsteps of Teddy Sheringham next season, but it probably ain't happening.

Because of Glazer dystopia United doesn't have the same pull it once had.

Hulme91

Almost guaranteed to be a Manchester United player next summer now.... he isn't leaving England if given a free choice

From perma crock Martial/Weghorst to Højlund/Kane in 12 months. :drool:

Dorris

You don’t try and bully Levy, I reckon that’s probably cost them the deal.

Fergies Gum

You can only laugh if Kane decides to sign a contract extension at Spurs after all this.

Doracle

That’s great news if it does mean Bayern won’t go higher. I’ve relatively confident we will get him next summer if he has a completely free choice of next club (subject to us not having a horror season).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I doubt Bayern will come back with a bigger offer than this.

croadyman

That’s great news if it does mean Bayern won’t go higher. I’ve relatively confident we will get him next summer if he has a completely free choice of next club (subject to us not having a horror season).
Will we still be interested in him on a free now Erik has got Hojlund is the big question

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
You can only laugh if Kane decides to sign a contract extension at Spurs after all this.
You have to figure that is what will happen. He must have given Levy some indication that is possible. It does not make any sense to turn down 100 million from Bayern if the most likely outcome of that is that he leaves for free.

ShinjiNinja26

So Bayerns self imposed deadline was a lot of shite then? There’s a surprise, did they actually think that would influence Levy in any way, shape or form? :lol:

Halftrack

Wasn't there reports that Kane would be open to renewing, should a move not materialise this summer?

That's what I'm expecting him to do anyway, it's Harry Kane we're talking here, he'll crumble like he always does.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
100 mil € package? Of course that’s going to be turned down if true. 100 mil £ package however from a non PL club may get accepted.