Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

If we sell Maguire and McTominay - presumably on top of Fred and VDB we cannot put all that money on to Kane because we'll be extremely light in midfield and defense then, we need another CB and CM if all those players go.

We're not signing Kane this season, you all need to let it go.

Kane himself has said if his future isn't sorted this week then he will be staying

Just give it up, we opted for Hojlund.
Yeah hope he stays and join the race in 2024, IF we had enough depth at CB and in midfield then I would feel very differently

Last edited:

Kostov

Where’s that head case Woodward when you need him eh? If he was here you bet your arse we’d be in this.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Would like to think that but no chance
I reckon exactly that. Plus whatever we can get for Fred and Donny, plus loose change…we can get this done on September 1.

Sadly, there’s zero — subzero actually — chance Kane will be a United man for Spurs first home match of the season, which will be against us.
I don’t think it’s impossible even if it seems unlikely right this moment.

Buying Kane from the money we had for the whole squad development (hojlund, Mount, Onana etc) would seem like a big waste of money because we would only improve a strikers position.

But what are we going to do with Maguire, Mctominay, VDB, Fred, Bailly etc money alongside the wage removal of players like De Gea & Jones aswell?

I think Ten Hag wants a lower quantity but higher quality squad & using all the money of the deadwood to get a player like Kane will show that we have not wasted money, we have earned that money & Kane arguably comes with much less pressure because he doesn’t come as our only 100mil investment to improve our team - but rather the 100 mil player that came on top of Onana, Mount, Hojlund to be more like a 100mil cherry on top that makes this team a different level.

Plus - I don’t really see much positions this squad needs investing in that can’t be done by next January.
  1. A new RB
  2. A new CB x 2 depending on Lindelof, Varane & need for a back up LCB
  3. A DLP aka a younger Eriksen (maybe Mainoo makes this redundant)
  4. A younger Casemiro (maybe Mainoo or Amrabat makes this redundant aswell)
  5. A striker replacing Martials position
Kane kind of ticks a box off early for something that needs to be possibly done and leaves us with very few improvements to make us an elite level squad.

Selling the deadwood & not using that money only gives the money to the Glazers to keep.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Gary Neville here, after 33.00, believes that the moment Bayern agree a fee with Tottenham, Kane will reject them since he would expect to come to us - presumably we will match the offer. And that is why Levy does not accept, apparently because he will need to accept a similar bid from United as well. He says of course, that it is just an opinion, not information.

He's coping harder than me for lord's sake :lol:

L1nk

I don’t think it’s impossible even if it seems unlikely right this moment.

Buying Kane from the money we had for the whole squad development (hojlund, Mount, Onana etc) would seem like a big waste of money because we would only improve a strikers position.

But what are we going to do with Maguire, Mctominay, VDB, Fred, Bailly etc money alongside the wage removal of players like De Gea & Jones aswell?

I think Ten Hag wants a lower quantity but higher quality squad & using all the money of the deadwood to get a player like Kane will show that we have not wasted money, we have earned that money & Kane arguably comes with much less pressure because he doesn’t come as our only 100mil investment to improve our team - but rather the 100 mil player that came on top of Onana, Mount, Hojlund to be more like a 100mil cherry on top that makes this team a different level.

Plus - I don’t really see much positions this squad needs investing in that can’t be done by next January.
  1. A new RB
  2. A new CB x 2 depending on Lindelof, Varane & need for a back up LCB
  3. A DLP aka a younger Eriksen (maybe Mainoo makes this redundant)
  4. A younger Casemiro (maybe Mainoo or Amrabat makes this redundant aswell)
  5. A striker replacing Martials position
Kane kind of ticks a box off early for something that needs to be possibly done and leaves us with very few improvements to make us an elite level squad.

Selling the deadwood & not using that money only gives the money to the Glazers to keep.
It's not happening. We'll use the money if we sell them to fund another CB and Midfielder, by all accounts, Todibo and Amrabat most likely.

Kane doesn't want to move if it isn't by the end of the week. Why the hell would Tottenham entertain a deadline day bid when they cannot sign anyone themselves to replace him?

Crimson King

Gary Neville here, after 33.00, believes that the moment Bayern agree a fee with Tottenham, Kane will reject them since he would expect to come to us - presumably we will match the offer. And that is why Levy does not accept, apparently because he will need to accept a similar bid from United as well. He says of course, that it is just an opinion, not information.

Gary needs an intervention to help with all the copium he's been snorting.

SATA

He’s going to come to United next year, lads. Get ready for Harry Kane 9 and when Martial contract expires next year. If Bayern cannot land him this year, they aren’t going to get him away from the Prem the next

croadyman

It's not happening. We'll use the money if we sell them to fund another CB and Midfielder, by all accounts, Todibo and Amrabat most likely.

Kane doesn't want to move if it isn't by the end of the week. Why the hell would Tottenham entertain a deadline day bid when they cannot sign anyone themselves to replace him?
Yeah completely agree with you on that

rajds89

Bayern preparing a new bid of £94.6m with add ons apparently. Anyone get the feeling we’re just waiting for a fee to be agreed before matching said offer putting the ball in Kane’s court then to either force the move or go to Bayern?

croadyman

New Bayern bid of £94.6m made this afternoon apparently. Anyone get the feeling we’re just waiting for a fee to be agreed before matching said offer putting the ball in Kane’s court then to either force the move or go to Bayern?
Nah they will sell for that

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we sell Maguire and McTominay - presumably on top of Fred and VDB we cannot put all that money on to Kane because we'll be extremely light in midfield and defense then, we need another CB and CM if all those players go.

We're not signing Kane this season, you all need to let it go.

Kane himself has said if his future isn't sorted this week then he will be staying

Just give it up, we opted for Hojlund.
An unserious player.

rajds89

Nah they will sell for that
To who though? If we get wind that that figure is enough for them to sell.. then why wouldn’t we match the bid and say to Kane “look, that’s the price they want, you have to push for the move now”.

croadyman

To who though? If we get wind that that figure is enough for them to sell.. then why wouldn’t we match the bid and say to Kane “look, that’s the price they want, you have to push for the move now”.
Because that's only the price they would accept from non Premier League clubs

lex talionis

If he goes to Bayern, Kane would join a club that will its 12th straight league trophy, with or without him. If he joins United, there is no guarantee of a PL trophy...but we're close enough with Kane to be in the front row of the bus and, if we did pull it off, it would be a vastly more glorious trophy than the one he'd be guaranteed to win with Bayern.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he goes to Bayern, Kane would join a club that will its 12th straight league trophy, with or without him. If he joins United, there is no guarantee of a PL trophy...but we're close enough with Kane to be in the front row of the bus and, if we did pull it off, it would be a vastly more glorious trophy than the one he'd be guaranteed to win with Bayern.
This is about a CL trophy, not the Bundesliga. Bayern with Kane would be behind only City with the bookies I assume.

RuudTom83

How is that relevant when the only options Kane has are...
1. Staying at Spurs
2. Going to Bayern IF Levy accepts the offer.

GlasgowCeltic

Poch era Spurs is the best it’s ever going to get for Kane in the Prem, he could win the CL at Bayern

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I guess from a spurs perspective, even reinvesting the whole fee, they won't get anyone near as good to replace him and in today's market. So it also comes with more risk of not getting into the CL.
Well one year later they will face the same challenge except they don't have 100 million Euro to spend.

I personally hope Levy stays firm and don't accept our bid.
100 million Euro and breaking up our wage structure isn't worth for 30 year old.

Don't get me wrong. Kane is top class player but so is Mané. You don't have any guarantee he will be an instant success, but being 30 years already he needs to be.

lex talionis

How is that relevant when the only options Kane has are...
1. Staying at Spurs
2. Going to Bayern IF Levy accepts the offer.
There is a third option, which is a transfer deadline day move to Old Trafford. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee or even likely, but it is a possibility we must be prepared to be witness to.

Loon

:lol:
Gary Neville on The Overlap thinks United are waiting for Spurs to accept the Bayern bid and will then match it, with Kane then stating his preference to go to United.

That sounds way too complicated and devious.

Baxquux

Gary Neville on The Overlap thinks United are waiting for Spurs to accept the Bayern bid and will then match it, with Kane then stating his preference to go to United.

Yeah - in any case, Levy would have no reservations about simply slapping on a 30m PL/United Premium, regardless of whether it jeopardized the deal or not, telling Kane that hadn't he, Levy, met his part of the bargain and accepted an offer from Bayern... and then just gambling on being able to get Kane to sign a new deal, impressionable fan at heart that HK is, if Spurs are in the top 4 come Christmas.

whitbyviking

I wonder if spurs would want he who shall not be named. He’s certainly improve them. Be interesting to see if we ever did bid if they’d ask for a player in return, plus the cash.

The forward market is garbage and two of the more popular options have already moved.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I wonder if spurs would want he who shall not be named. He’s certainly improve them. Be interesting to see if we ever did bid if they’d ask for a player in return, plus the cash.

The forward market is garbage and two of the more popular options have already moved.
They have signed Richarlison last summer and a striker from Argentina this summer too.
Spurs should just go for Toney in my opinion. They have enough to last till Jan

Heardy

I can’t lie. I’d fecking love that. Kane would be incredible for united, and would give Hojlund time to mature and grow in to the league without the pressure.

whitbyviking

They have signed Richarlison last summer and a striker from Argentina this summer too.
Spurs should just go for Toney in my opinion. They have enough to last till Jan
Completely forgot about Richarlison, understandable since he was the epitome of forgettable last season, except for the memes.

Wonder if we would wait for Toney now you mention it, would have been more likely if Martial lasted 5mins

Dominos

Doesn't make any sense. Levy doesn't have to sell to United just because they matched Bayern's bid, and we clearly don't have another £100m to spend after already spending 70 on a striker.

Also absurd to think Kane and his agent have conspired to convince Bayern all summer that he wants to join when he has no intention of ever joining them, all so they can agree a fee and he can tell them he's actually not interested.

Redcy

Absolute nonsense copium from Gaz. Kane is not moving now. Levy won’t accept bayerns bid, and will hope to convince him to stay

kaku06

Vulgarian
Doesn't make any sense. Levy doesn't have to sell to United just because they matched Bayern's bid, and we clearly don't have another £100m to spend after already spending 70 on a striker.

Also absurd to think Kane and his agent have conspired to convince Bayern all summer that he wants to join when he has no intention of ever joining them, all so they can agree a fee and he can tell them he's actually not interested.
Yeah I also didn’t understand that part. Even if we match the bid, what does it change?

Like that cnut Levy would go and say “oh no, United are offering the same amount of money. What do I do now? I wasn’t prepared for this. I have to sell Harry to united now for the same amount of money, innit? There’s nothing I can do in this situation. It’s a checkmate.”

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Hopefully it will bite Levy on the arse and they get nothing for him next summer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah I also didn’t understand that part. Even if we match the bid, what does it change?

Like that cnut Levy would go and say “oh no, United are offering the same amount of money. What do I do now? I wasn’t prepared for this. I have to sell Harry to united now for the same amount of money, innit? There’s nothing I can do in this situation. It’s a checkmate.”
The only case it may possibly work is Harry raising hell and going scorched earth but even in that that case:
A it didn't work when he tried to go to city
B he's not the type to either pull it off or pull it off probably.

The whole thing just sounds like an unnecessary and convoluted conspiracy theory.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Is there any chance Gary knows something about this Kane to united deal? Though he did say that he has no clue but the way he was speaking about this whole transfer with some certainty makes me think a tiny bit that he might be clued up. He clearly has good contacts with Kane and was kinda adamant that Kane won’t move to Bayern and united are waiting in the wings.

Cloud7

This makes no sense. Spurs are not obligated to accept the same fee from United that they would from Bayern, and indeed have shown in the past they are willing to accept lesser fees from abroad.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Guys, I am not saying I agree with Gary, just transferred what he said on the show.

However, and just to play the devil's advocate here, if we were indeed somehow still behind this transfer, it would be a very smart way to handle that and maybe the only way we can land Kane this summer.
  • Have another team do the pursuit, so that a fee can be set and agreed. If we were doing the pursuit, Levy would always ask for more and more and this would drag until the end. Even if Kane pressured them to sell to us.
  • Be very quiet about this, until the fee is agreed, no need to raise media attention. We all remember that ETH wanted two strikers this summer, an experienced and a younger one, since Rashford wants to play left.
  • Place the same fee when it is set, or even more. Yes, Levy does not have to agree of course as you say. But then Kane can step up and say that he prefers United and not Bayern, "since United have now appeared as well in the mix, and you have come up to terms that you will sell me. Plus, they can offer more." If Kane insists on United only and Levy was indeed under pressure to sell Kane this summer (previous reports), Levy will be in a very difficult situation. Levy would hate to sell to us indeed, but would hate more to lose him surely for free.
Still, it does not seem much plausible, just presenting the scenario. It seems weird though, since if you play the video, it sounds more like an opinion from Neville. Nevertheless, our chances would be better with that approach and with a good timing, than chasing him all summer without having bought at all a striker and negotiating from a weak position. Also, we are expecting to raise cash still from selling others.

For the next, who will quote me. No I do not believe we will get him. However, I would like us to try at least, world class strikers move so rarely in the market.

Last edited:

croadyman

This makes no sense. Spurs are not obligated to accept the same fee from United that they would from Bayern, and indeed have shown in the past they are willing to accept lesser fees from abroad.
That's exactly why we wouldn't get him now