Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The thing Kane has over Haaland and Lewandowski is a soon ending contract. At least in theory, until he signs a new one in a few days.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
An interesting experiment would be to put Haaland in Spurs squad and Kane in City's for a season and then relook at that question.
Haaland put up the more or less the same numbers in Salzburg and BVB. Putting him in an inferior team doesn't seem to matter. Kane in city would score plenty, as would most strikers in that team once anyone else than De Bruyne learns how to deliver a ball into the box instead of passing it back.

Superunknown

Fair enough if he leaves on a free next season, but beyond an outstanding season for Spurs this year it would be extremely disappointing to see him sign a new contract.
I've said it all along. He is 100% going to sign a new deal at Spurs and he'll remain there this season and next. He's not got it in him to make a big move abroad, especially at his stage of his career. He'll get a big contract at Spurs, he'll continue to bang them in every week there, and he'll be happy being loved by the fans who will continue to idolise him as the best player at the club. He's a golden boy. There's a certain amount of bravery needed (maybe even arrogance) to take the plunge for a move like this, and I don't think he has it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The only way Levy and Spurs win here is if Kane signs a new contract between now and the end of next season. If Kane doesn't and leaves for free, Levy would have screwed Spurs over for his own ego. There is no possibility of them recouping 100m euros by keeping Kane for an extra season.

Whatever the outcome of the transfer negotiations, Kane is winning since he'll either go to a UCL contender right now and win trophies, or will have a free choice to move whenever he wants in 1 year time.

Superunknown

The only way Levy and Spurs win here is if Kane signs a new contract between now and the end of next season. If Kane doesn't and leaves for free, Levy would have screwed Spurs over for his own ego. There is no possibility of them recouping 100m euros by keeping Kane for an extra season.

Whatever the outcome of the transfer negotiations, Kane is winning since he'll either go to a UCL contender right now and win trophies, or will have a free choice to move whenever he wants in 1 year time.
Or he'll sign a big deal at Spurs and get a load extra for doing the same thing he's already doing now.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Haaland put up the more or less the same numbers in Salzburg and BVB. Putting him in an inferior team doesn't seem to matter. Kane in city would score plenty, as would most strikers in that team once anyone else than De Bruyne learns how to deliver a ball into the box instead of passing it back.
Yea but we're talking about Spurs...!

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If we bid above 100 mill for a 30 year old brit who can barely speak English with 1 year left on his contract I don't even know what we're doing anymore. Spend more money and get Osimhen instead who is 24.
Are you guys buying him to enter a spelling bee?

saivet

I've said it all along. He is 100% going to sign a new deal at Spurs and he'll remain there this season and next. He's not got it in him to make a big move abroad, especially at his stage of his career. He'll get a big contract at Spurs, he'll continue to bang them in every week there, and he'll be happy being loved by the fans who will continue to idolise him as the best player at the club. He's a golden boy. There's a certain amount of bravery needed (maybe even arrogance) to take the plunge for a move like this, and I don't think he has it.
I suspect this too. Even if I was a neutral, it would be great for a striker like Kane to go to a better club and compete for silverware. A move to United, Chelsea or Liverpool could elevate his PL status.

croadyman

I suspect this too. Even if I was a neutral, it would be great for a striker like Kane to go to a better club and compete for silverware. A move to United, Chelsea or Liverpool could elevate his PL status.
Can he wait it out is the question?

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Are you guys buying him to enter a spelling bee?
No, but I'm going to guess he won't be a polyglot any time soon considering his struggles with his own language. Spoiler alert: He will need to learn German.

Baxquux

No, but I'm going to guess he won't be a polyglot any time soon considering his struggles with his own language. Spoiler alert: He will need to learn German.
Germans are some of the best speakers of ESL outside of Scandinavia. He's not going to need much German in Munich except if he wants to do his own toiletries/vitamin shopping and needs to read the names of skincare products or supplements (which don't always have English/French/Spanish translations of their titles and ingredients, at least from my brief experience )... and I'm guessing he can somehow afford to hire a PA for that

saivet

Can he wait it out is the question?
Surely he can but whether he will I'm less sure on. Kane's has a reputation that only a very serious injury would stop him from getting a move to a top PL team.

caid

Or he'll sign a big deal at Spurs and get a load extra for doing the same thing he's already doing now.
They've been trying to get him to sign a new contract for a good 18 months. I think he would have by now if he was going to. I think the only reason Levy is entertaining bids is he wont renew.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Finally we found out the real reason why this transfer has still not been completed. Bayern’s expert level German speaking hierarchy are worried about Kane’s English speaking skills.

The Firestarter

Anyone else just relieved that for once its not us being in an embarrassing transfer saga ? So we can just enjoy the schadenfreude...

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder if we are trying so hard to sell Maguire & Mctominay for 70-80 mil to try and help get Kane on transfer deadline day.

lex talionis

I wonder if we are trying so hard to sell Maguire & Mctominay for 70-80 mil to try and help get Kane on transfer deadline day.
I reckon exactly that. Plus whatever we can get for Fred and Donny, plus loose change…we can get this done on September 1.

Sadly, there’s zero — subzero actually — chance Kane will be a United man for Spurs first home match of the season, which will be against us.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he really wanted to be at Bayern he’d be there by now, even with Levy involved. Not surprised at all if he stays put. Been saying it for weeks.
He could pick his spot and get a bumper signing fee by playing out the final year of his contract without signing a new deal.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You’re totally right in fairness.

Is there any way for you to get in touch with the Bayern heirachy? I assume Bayern are the kind of club that don't consider such minor things before offering 100 million euros but perhaps you could alert them before it's too late?

Hoof the ball

Kane has done it year after year after year winning golden boot after golden boot playing for the perennial 5th/6th best team in the league in most competitive league in the world.

The comparison doesn't stand because Dortmund is not to Bayern what Spurs are to City, or even Liverpool.

It was a false equivalence. Dortmund are impermantly no. 2 in a vastly weaker domestic league. Spurs are not this, nor have ever been in modern football.

Jeffthered

Yep, this.

I'm staggered by Levy's stance on this. Kane will indeed bang in his 30 goal quota this season, but will this be enough to get them to Top four? That is enough of a risk, let alone the fact that they will be missing out on serious cash. It's a farce, just silly, egos and greed.

Kane. Neymar. Mbappe. All great players, all have stated their wish to leave, and possibly, going nowhere at all.

marktan

Tbf 5th might be enough for CL this season if the PL teams do well in Europe.

Levy wants £100m without addons, I don't think it's outlandish an ask at all. If I were a Spurs can I'd rather hold out, and if not go in on the possibility of top 4 with a manager that plays good football and then the possibility of Kane renewing.

What does £86m from Bayern get you these days? Not much as we've seen with a lot of the transfer this season.

erikcred

Surprised he still wants a move. 3 Bundesliga titles with Bayern wouldn't weigh up against the PL all-time goalscoring record which would likely hold up for a few decades.
But not winning a single meaningful trophy as a team honour would probably be an ever-present caveat when people talk about his goals. Maybe he wants that gone. Doesn't seem likely to happen at Spurs.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
But not winning a single meaningful trophy as a team honour would probably be an ever-present caveat when people talk about his goals. Maybe he wants that gone. Doesn't seem likely to happen at Spurs.
Personally I wouldn't see that a slight, I mean if you look at Alan Shearer; people recognize his greatness as a striker but can still acknowledge that he won very little (albeit he did win the PL once).

He'd be remembered as the greatest striker/goalscorer in (modern) PL history, certainly has the record to back up that claim even if he wasn't the greatest at the height of his powers, and he'd be remembered as a one-club man (think the transfer saga of a few years ago will soon be forgotten if he stays with Tottenham his entire career).

A few hollow Bundesliga titles wouldn't weigh up for me. Maybe if he wins a few there, wins a CL, then goes to La Liga, wins another few leauge titles there, yeah sure you'd have a trophy cabinet, but he'd be missing out on an illustrous record which he can take from a true PL great. As an Englishman, surely he must be eyeing that as well.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Gary Neville here, after 33.00, believes that the moment Bayern agree a fee with Tottenham, Kane will reject them since he would expect to come to us - presumably we will match the offer. And that is why Levy does not accept, apparently because he will need to accept a similar bid from United as well. He says of course, that it is just an opinion, not information.

croadyman

Gary Neville here, after 33.00, believes that the moment Bayern agree a fee with Tottenham, Kane will reject them since he would expect to come to us - presumably we will match the offer. And that is why Levy does not accept, apparently because he will need to accept a similar bid from United as well. He says of course, that it is just an opinion, not information.

Gary you are deluding yourself on this

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Gary you are deluding yourself on this
Agree in 9/10 scenarios but I do wonder if he has genuine knowledge of Kanes intentions. The overlap golf segment was amazingly candid and I'd imagine Kane gave more unfiltered views and preferences behind the camera since.

Houdini

He is not going to Bayern. This has written United all over it. With Mjebri staying I can see us trying to get him on deadline day after our clearout.

L1nk

If we sell Maguire and McTominay - presumably on top of Fred and VDB we cannot put all that money on to Kane because we'll be extremely light in midfield and defense then, we need another CB and CM if all those players go.

We're not signing Kane this season, you all need to let it go.

Kane himself has said if his future isn't sorted this week then he will be staying

Just give it up, we opted for Hojlund.