Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

Is there any chance Gary knows something about this Kane to united deal? Though he did say that he has no clue but the way he was speaking about this whole transfer with some certainty makes me think a tiny bit that he might be clued up. He clearly has good contacts with Kane and was kinda adamant that Kane won’t move to Bayern and united are waiting in the wings.
IF we had the ability to raise over £100m I would say there is a tiny hope of matching bid,however think the club will focus on Varane understudy & Amrabat after sales. Let's face it Levy would want near £120m from us including addons anyway.

OverratedOpinion

Guys, I am not saying I agree with Gary, just transferred what he said on the show.

However, and just to play the devil's advocate here, if we were indeed somehow still behind this transfer, it would be a very smart way to handle that and maybe the only way we can land Kane this summer.
  • Have another team do the pursuit, so that a fee can be set and agreed. If we were doing the pursuit, Levy would always ask for more and more and this would drag until the end. Even if Kane pressured them to sell to us.
  • Be very quiet about this, until the fee is agreed, no need to raise media attention. We all remember that ETH wanted two strikers this summer, an experienced and a younger one, since Rashford wants to play left.
  • Place the same fee when it is set, or even more. Yes, Levy does not have to agree of course as you say. But then Kane can step up and say that he prefers United and not Bayern, "since United have now appeared as well in the mix, and you have come up to terms that you will sell me. Plus, they can offer more." If Kane insists on United only and Levy was indeed under pressure to sell Kane this summer (previous reports), Levy will be in a very difficult situation. Levy would hate to sell to us indeed, but would hate more to lose him surely for free.
Still, it does not seem much plausible, just presenting the scenario. It seems weird though, since if you play the video, it sounds more like an opinion from Neville. Nevertheless, our chances would be better with that approach and with a good timing, than chasing him all summer without having bought at all a striker and negotiating from a weak position. Also, we are expecting to raise cash still from selling others.

For the next, who will quote me. No I do not believe we will get him. However, I would like us to try at least, world class strikers move so rarely in the market.
Here is the thing with all of that. Kane turns to Daniel Levy and says "I really want to go to Utd" and Levy says no.

That is no different from Kane saying "I really want to go to Utd and they have offered the same as Bayern" and Levy saying no.

If Kane is that eager to come here that he will be upset if he can't, the end result is the same no matter how much he messes around with Bayern Munich.

croadyman

Here is the thing with all of that. Kane turns to Daniel Levy and says "I really want to go to Utd" and Levy says no.

That is no different from Kane saying "I really want to go to Utd and they have offered the same as Bayern" and Levy saying no.

If Kane is that eager to come here that he will be upset if he can't, the end result is the same no matter how much he messes around with Bayern Munich.
Personally feel IF he had said he wanted to come to us we wouldn't have moved on in June. So clearly that encouragement never came from his camp so can't see his stance changing so late in the window

the_cliff

Personally feel IF he had said he wanted to come to us we wouldn't have moved on in June. So clearly that encouragement never came from his camp so can't see his stance changing so late in the window
Agreed. Only way we get Kane is if he stays at Spurs and doesn't sign a new contract till January.

Offer 60 in Jan he'll have to take it.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah I don't get the feeling we are particularly high up on his list. I'm sure he'd sign here and be very excited if we had an offer accepted but I think that's true or a lot of elite clubs.

croadyman

Yeah I don't get the feeling we are particularly high up on his list. I'm sure he'd sign here and be very excited if we had an offer accepted but I think that's true or a lot of elite clubs.
Exactly, just a shame pundits like Neville,Merson, Foster and anyone else criticising us for not paying the extra for him are totally blind to this

OverratedOpinion

Exactly, just a shame pundits like Neville,Merson, Foster and anyone else criticising us for not paying the extra for him are totally blind to this
I just think the disrespect of Bayern whilst they constantly say "oh and don't get me wrong Bayern are a massive club...but" has been amusing.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Dunno who's more stupid, Levy risking not getting any money for Kane or Bayern paying 90+ million for a player who can join them for free next year.

wr8_utd

:'(
Dunno who's more stupid, Levy risking not getting any money for Kane or Bayern paying 90+ million for a player who can join them for free next year.
I don't blame Levy here at all. Kane is quite clearly worth a lot to Spurs if he can get them in Top 4 contention and knowing him, he's likely to sign a new contract if he does stay. So, I think its a gamble worth taking for Levy.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Bayern could win the league playing 10 men every game.
I think he meant that Bayern fear the competition to sign Kane next summer when he will be on a free and there won’t be any shortage of suitors for him.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I think he meant that Bayern fear the competition to sign Kane next summer when he will be on a free and there won’t be any shortage of suitors for him.
Yeah I know, I was just stating Bayern don't really need him really.

Nicolarra90

He won't join them for free next year. He will join us, City or Chelsea if he waits.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He'd be much cheaper next year, sure, but definitely not free. Would get a huge signing bonus and higher wages than if he joined this summer.

Tyrion

This makes no sense. Spurs are not obligated to accept the same fee from United that they would from Bayern, and indeed have shown in the past they are willing to accept lesser fees from abroad.
That was my thought as well. A lot of English pundits seem to exaggerate how much power Kane has here. Levy can just say no to any deal he doesn't like (for another year at least).

Tyrion

i almost feel sorry for them, they really do not understand the world of pain that they have just got into in dealing with Daniel Levy.
I heard a reporter (Miguel Delaney I think) say on a podcast recently that "Bayern seem confident but that could just be because they don't have much experience with Levy". :lol: Apparently we avoid signing Spurs players because of how much of a dick Levy can be. Bayerns offer is a good one and Kane won't be worth that much in one season (unless he somehow is convinced to stay there for the rest of his career).

croadyman

Don't see it being an option in a million years but IF we could raise £100m on sales from Elanga,Fred,Maguire,McTominay & Bailly given a choice would you rather

Stick it on table for last minute Kane bid

Spend it on Todibo,Amrabat and maybe keep what's left for January signing

Wrecking ralf

He won’t be going for 100mil in January. I think we’ll be keeping an eye on this hoping he stays over the summer and we’ll make a move in Jan. Good chance any takeover will be done by then too

croadyman

He won’t be going for 100mil in January. I think we’ll be keeping an eye on this hoping he stays over the summer and we’ll make a move in Jan. Good chance any takeover will be done by then too
Like many have said he doesn't leave in January

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Don't see it being an option in a million years but IF we could raise £100m on sales from Elanga,Fred,Maguire,McTominay & Bailly given a choice would you rather

Not a United fan but you'd have to go for Kane surely?

Amrabat and Todibo are backups, Kane turns you into title contenders. I'm thinking with Gundo leaving City, KdB another year older and potential complacency after the treble, United and Arsenal have a real chance.

croadyman

Not a United fan but you'd have to go for Kane surely?

Amrabat and Todibo are backups, Kane turns you into title contenders. I'm thinking with Gundo leaving City, KdB another year older and potential complacency after the treble, United and Arsenal have a real chance.
Like I said in post don't think it's remotely realistic but just interested to hear people's views

glasgow 21

Im with you. Kane doesn't stick me as someone who is tripping over himself to play for United. I think he thinks we are on the same level as Spurs. Yes I know, but thats my call. Unless it is all under the table ( and it rarely is) never have i heard or seen a whisper he has a desire to play for United.

croadyman

Im with you. Kane doesn't stick me as someone who is tripping over himself to play for United. I think he thinks we are on the same level as Spurs. Yes I know, but thats my call. Unless it is all under the table ( and it rarely is) never have i heard or seen a whisper he has a desire to play for United.
Yeah only Neville probably thinks he has one

Levi1

Yeah only Neville probably thinks he has one
It seems to me that the United magical aura for players is mostly gone now, after years of underachieving. Its now mainly just in places like Scandinavia, Africa and Asia, where United still looms large.

colombianmancunian

Call me a mad man if you want, but I think we can pull a signing out of nowhere as we did with RVP. IMO we are just waiting for Levy to be short of options and act then. We surely won’t let pass the guy that can make us title contenders.

worldinmotion66

I’ve changed my stance on this slightly. I thought Bayern was a dead cert, but I can see him signing a big contract at spurs with a release clause.

Kane has all the power, I don’t understand how anyone can think otherwise. The only thing that could stop him from getting a massive contract at a top club is a serious injury, and he’s not had many apart from a bit of an ankle issue. If he likes the new manager, style of play and direction of the club, he could stay and have a non CL release clause and a normal release clause set at different fees. Levy is in no position to refuse them as the owners aren’t going to accept him walking away on a free.

glasgow 21

There are only 2 sides to this Levy coin. Kane signs for Bayern or he stays at Spurs. I don't see any other outcome.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I’ve changed my stance on this slightly. I thought Bayern was a dead cert, but I can see him signing a big contract at spurs with a release clause.

Kane has all the power, I don’t understand how anyone can think otherwise. The only thing that could stop him from getting a massive contract at a top club is a serious injury, and he’s not had many apart from a bit of an ankle issue. If he likes the new manager, style of play and direction of the club, he could stay and have a non CL release clause and a normal release clause set at different fees. Levy is in no position to refuse them as the owners aren’t going to accept him walking away on a free.
Levy is the owner in partnership with Joe Lewis.:lol::eek:, Lewis couldn’t give a shit about us, he has his own legal problems rn. You have to remember ENIC bought Spurs for litterally nothing, they have invested very little of their own cash in us. They have made a fortune, I honestly really don’t think they care about making money of the back of a player they didn’t even have to buy in the first place.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He'd have to trust Levy to honor that clause and not find a loophole that prevents him from leaving anyway, which is far from certainty. IMO if he signs his next contract at Spurs, he's retiring there.

Also, Kane is in comfortable position now. No guarantees it will be the same in 2, 3 years, look at Lewandowski who could have had his pick of clubs last year and would probably to struggle to see any of the top teams bid for him this year. Strikers usually go one way after they turn 30.

ErikElevenHag

I don't blame Levy here at all. Kane is quite clearly worth a lot to Spurs if he can get them in Top 4 contention and knowing him, he's likely to sign a new contract if he does stay. So, I think its a gamble worth taking for Levy.
Add in the fact that would still have the possibility of flogging him in January to someone like us for say 50-60 million if he showed no interest in signing a new deal and we'd had a good first half of the season.

Doracle

He'd have to trust Levy to honor that clause and not find a loophole that prevents him from leaving anyway, which is far from certainty. IMO if he signs his next contract at Spurs, he's retiring there.

Also, Kane is in comfortable position now. No guarantees it will be the same in 2, 3 years, look at Lewandowski who could have had his pick of clubs last year and would probably to struggle to see any of the top teams bid for him this year. Strikers usually go one way after they turn 30.
Lewandowski is 35 and scored 33 goals last season and has scored 226 goals since turning 30 (at a far faster rate than in his 20s). He’s a poster boy for why we shouldn’t write off strikers, particularly those who don’t rely on pace, at 30.

plex

He will join Bayern this Transfer period or leave for free next season within the PL. The latter is also the reason why Bayern want him 'now'. The competition next season will be much higher.

The question that Tottenham needs to answer: Do they want to miss 90-100M this season and risk losing Kane for free next season? Sure he could also extend his contract, but I doubt he will do that.

Rusholme Ruffian

The Gary Neville stuff is surely 99% wishful thinking - but in terms of a strategy for landing Kane given the Levy problem it does make sense. Let someone else do the running, and then come in with a bigger offer at the last minute. I always felt there were only two possibilities with Kane to avoid the kind of shit we had with De Jong last season - either go early with a single monster 'take-it-or-leave-it' offer, or gazump someone else at the end of the window.

Also, while we're doing unfounded theories...if the Glazers have decided that they want to hold on to the club then what better way to counter the outcry from fans than delivering Kane at any cost?

Rusholme Ruffian

I see it more as if he'd ideally prefer to stay in this country and break the scoring record, as well as have a decent chance at some silverware then he doesn't really have many options. Arsenal and Chelsea are complete no-nos for a Spurs legend. City have Haaland, so it really only leaves us and Liverpool - and Liverpool spent huge amounts on Nunez and Gakpo only last season. Even if he doesn't have any burning desire to play for us process of elimination says that we would be pretty near the top of his list for a move away from Spurs.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I do think there’s a move possible if we do sell the players we’re supposed to. Agree with Gary on this one.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Call me a mad man if you want, but I think we can pull a signing out of nowhere as we did with RVP. IMO we are just waiting for Levy to be short of options and act then. We surely won’t let pass the guy that can make us title contenders.
If we hadn't just signed Hojlund then maybe, but given we're not exactly able to spend huge amounts, there's zero chance of this IMO.