Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Halftrack

Interesting to note how much credence people think Spurs accepting the bid has on Kane himself; PSG accepted a world record fee for Mbappè and nobody blinked an eye because the player still has to say yes.

There’s most likely going to be a crazy period of clubs on the phone to Kane’s agent now and Kane will look at what’s come in before deciding whether he says yes etc. if Kane gives the OK, clubs will surely inquire now that a price has been set. Levy can tell all and sundry to piss off, but that doesn’t mean Kane then accepts Bayern, which puts Levy in a shit position.

One thing is for sure, though: if Kane dicks BM around now, that avenue will be closed off to him for good.
The Saudi's bidding for Mbappe was a flex more than anything, they likely already knew he wasn't all that keen on the idea. Bayern, on the other hand, will have been in contact with his brother to ensure Harry's actually keen on the move before they made a move.

lex talionis

Harry would have to go public with his desire to join United to force Levy’s hand. Is he Man enough to do such a thing?

Doracle

Precisely, it's the Premier League goal-scoring record, not the football league scoring record.

Different competitions which at the time had two points per game and backpasses. This weirdness to bring in players from before the polio vaccine to disparage the PL top scorer is so cringey.
Different numbers of matches, 2-3-5 formations… and yet he’s still got an outside shot at getting there if he stays in England.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United still have the Ronaldo money and once the NYSE is open, we'll make a bid. Plus, we'll comfortably get the money back through shirt sales.

Von Mistelroum

You always try.
Not in this case. I don't try to buy a Ferrari because I don't have the money. Similarly, we can't afford Kane, and that's partly because we would be paying far more than Bayern. Levy sees us as rivals, so he would charge more, or just flat-out refuse.

Kane goes to Bayern, or I reckon he'll re-sign with Spurs and be content with breaking the scoring records until Haaland breaks them all again in a few years.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Harry would have to go public with his desire to join United to force Levy’s hand. Is he Man enough to do such a thing?
He didnt do that for Pep who can guarantee him medals, I doubt if he will do it for a team that is still a way from winning the league.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The Saudi's bidding for Mbappe was a flex more than anything, they likely already knew he wasn't all that keen on the idea. Bayern, on the other hand, will have been in contact with his brother to ensure Harry's actually keen on the move before they made a move.
Yes, but the influx of serious interest will start now because the hand is being forced to engage as the impasse broke. Kane will now get to see what everyone else is prepared to put up now push has turned to shove - it’s do or die now, so what was agreed with Bayern by Kane’s brother is subject to change depending on what has been presented by other interested parties today.

Bayern won’t get a clear run on Kane; there’s twists to be had yet, I would wager.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Kane bottling it already

Harry Kane unsure whether Bayern Munich move is too late after deal agreed with Tottenham

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...er-news-harry-kane-bayern-munich-daniel-levy/
Not sure he’s bottling it - more likely being swayed by the prospect of a huge signing on fee next year.

Think it’s a no brainer for him personally, I wouldn’t go to Bayern. Stay for a year then collect a massive fee in the summer, quite possibly from any number of PL clubs where he can break Shearer’s record.

croadyman

United still have the Ronaldo money and once the NYSE is open, we'll make a bid. Plus, we'll comfortably get the money back through shirt sales.
Do you honestly believe that,if so please give me some of whatever you are smoking

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Siorac

CG1010

A. It’s obvious he prefers us over Bayern

B. Please list me the examples of this? In a singular window. Also for the love of god people stop saying Spurs are rivals. They are not our rivals. We aren’t Arsenal

C. He’s already folded. He’s accepted a bid. Our people unware of what is actually happening here. Look beyond your noses. Spurs have accepted a bid for Harry Kane to leave their club. That means they are ALLOWING HIM TO LEAVE.
On point A, how is it obvious that he preferred us over Bayern. Maybe I missed some credible sources in this regard but he never held out for United's bid. On point B, we are Spurs rivals whether you accept it or not for top 4 position. Stop being arrogant!
On point C, I was talking about Levy folding for selling to the rival.

croadyman

Yes, but the influx of serious interest will start now because the hand is being forced to engage as the impasse broke. Kane will now get to see what everyone else is prepared to put up now push has turned to shove - it’s do or die now, so what was agreed with Bayern by Kane’s brother is subject to change depending on what has been presented by other interested parties today.

Bayern won’t get a clear run on Kane; there’s twists to be had yet, I would wager.
Will give you all the credit in the world if you are somehow proved right,however no chance he is turning down this move now it's got to agreed fee stage finally. Fully expecting this deal to go quickly now. Sadly Harry just didn't want to join us enough for us to stay in the race with them

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He'll go and has probably already agreed terms imo

What we're seeing is just a PR facade to make it look like it's a hard decision.

Siorac

He'll go and has probably already agreed terms imo

What we're seeing is just a PR facade to make it look like it's a hard decision.
It would be beyond stupid for him to turn this opportunity down.

But then... he doesn't look like the sharpest tool, does he?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:lol: Good one. You actually made it too obvious with 3 ridiculous claims and people still fell for it!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think your maths is failing here. He scored 349 league goals for Everton. That's already less than Greaves' 357, without subtracting that one season in the Second Division when he scored 39.
Ok. I know where I went wrong -- thought he had a lot more seasons spent in Milan. :wenger: :wenger:

Its my eyes that are failing me -- not my mental calculator. :nervous::nervous:

Chief123

I wouldn't be wanting us to bid £100m (or whatever figure Spurs find acceptable) this summer, but if the opportunity is there to get Kane on a free transfer next summer, I'd absolutely want us to be in the mix. Getting Kane in, or another player with equivalent goalscoring record, is the best way to close the gap to City in the shortest period of time.

If he is the difference between us potentially winning a league title or not, you worry about the longer term issues of player happiness later. City have two in Haaland and Alvarez. They won't both be happy with that forever, but in the meantime they're hoovering up. You'd like to think Hojlund will be a hit but there's no guarantee of that happening either, it minimises risk. It might well be that Kane falls off a cliff when he's 33 or 34 as well, in which case you have Hojlund coming into his peak years at 23 or 24 years of age. I think it would make a lot of sense.
Id have no issues with us acquiring Kane on a free (even if it hampers Hojlund initially). A free transfer would have little impact on our other transfers. I just wouldn’t want us to pay what spurs are asking for now when we’ve just spent a load on addressing that position as it is.

If Hojlund ends up having a dream debut season and finishes close to 20 prem goals (which would be great in his first season) then I’d even hesitate bringing Kane on a free. Especially if our front line is cohesive and playing well together.

Alcio77

It's hard to believe we were ever at the top of his wishlist. And we certainly weren't after Bayern showed up. A 99% chance of winning the German League, high chances of competing in the Champions League, and add to that the respect for Tottenham fans (not playing for another English team). Can't get more manly than this

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Spending £100m on a 30 yo seems nuts to me.
It is, except Bayern are one of the few clubs with huge cash reserves and consistent profitablity.

For clubs like us (Chelsea), we can't do this deal.

Apokalips

Nah mate, the Ronaldo money is tied up in a bond for another year. We're borrowing some of the Coutinho money from Liverpool to get this one over the line.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It is, except Bayern are one of the few clubs with huge cash reserves and consistent profitablity.

For clubs like us (Chelsea), we can't do this deal.
tbf, I do get the impression that Kane has got another 4 years in him at the top level. Never relied on electric pace and has looked after himself.