Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It doesn't. It would be a great personal achievement but what is it all for if it doesn't contribute towards something bigger?

Kane has spoken previously about wanting to push himself to the best levels possible. If he scores as many goals as he has and ends his career without a trophy, that would be a huge failure for a player of his ability. If Kane has any ambition, he should be doing everything in his power to get out of Spurs. He holds all the cards now and has spent long enough dicking around in teams that can't match his quality to waste more time there. Renewing with Spurs would be consigning himself to a career of unfulfilled promise.
I’m inclined to agree with @Mcking personally. Being the outright PL record scorer is a far bigger deal than being one of many many PL winners I feel. Having come this far and this close to the record, I imagine protecting that takes a bigger priority than anything else now.

Doracle

Found it hard to think that they ever would allow him to go to United or someone else in the league. They want him to reach that milestone at Spurs and if not, I doubt they'll want him to do it anywhere else.

It's either abroad if he wants out or he stays
Or he just waits another year and signs for a big English team on a free, earning a small fortune in the process. Spurs might well want him to go to Real for £100 million but he’s going to want to have to sacrifice the premier league record to do that. My instinct is that Spurs will cave very quickly if it becomes apparent it’s sell him to an English team this summer or lose him to one for free the next.

CM

I’m inclined to agree with @Mcking personally. Being the outright PL record scorer is a far bigger deal than being one of many many PL winners I feel. Having come this far and this close to the record, I imagine protecting that takes a bigger priority than anything else now.
Kane isn't in a position where he has to choose though. If he moved to a club in England who enabled him to win the league, he would also break the goals record by virtue of being there.

Rolaholic

Kane isn't in a position where he has to choose though. If he moved to a club in England who enabled him to win the league, he would also break the goals record by virtue of being there.
Can't see him doing that to them personally.

He's a club legend and arguably their greatest player ever, winding his contract down to join a league rival on a free would be quite the smack in the face and he doesn't seem the type that would choose to do that sort of thing.

CM

He's a club legend and arguably their greatest player ever, winding his contract down to join a league rival on a free would be quite the smack in the face and he doesn't seem the type that would choose to do that sort of thing.
Maybe he won't. It wouldn't make it any less of a daft decision on his part though. He already signed away his best years to Spurs who have done absolutely nothing with them, this is his last chance to do something more than fighting for top 4.

Doracle

He gave Spurs the chance to sell him 2 years ago and Levy got greedy. He will give them the chance again to get money for him this Summer, to a club of his choosing. I’d expect that to be in the premier league as he will want the goal record. If Spurs fail to take their chance to cash in again, that’s on Levy not Kane.

Wilt

Trying to imagine Levy turning down £70 - £90m, then watching Kane walk out on a free the following season.

croadyman

I know Levi is a hard negotiator but I dont think Spurs have a choice. Its all down to Kane. He wanted to join City and then gave it another year. If he wants out in the summer what are they going to do? Force him to stay and loose him in a year? Just offer 80. Thats a fair price for a 30 year old striker with 1 year left on his contract. If he wants to come then he will come. If not then we move on. Its that simple
Where would you move to if neither him or Osimhen can be signed just out of interest

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I never understood the logic behind this type of argument. So going to City and guaranteeing himself some trophies is a bigger testament to his character than sticking it out and trying to win at a smaller club like Spurs? What?

Even calling him unambitious for not leaving Spurs is disingenuous considering what happened a few years ago where he pretty much went public with his desire to leave for guaranteed trophies at City.

Anyway amazing to see him having this type of season at such an advanced age.
He is 30, and is not reliant on his pace, never has been. The only thing you could possibly say is ankle injuries, but he hasn't had one in a while. Look at Trippier, arguably the best season of his career, at 32.

He would not go to Chelsea or Arsenal, but United or City, would Levy let him go though is another question entirely. Could hinge on CL qualification for Spurs. He for sure has Shearer's record in his sights, will stay in the PL for that.

DanClancy

Do Bayern seem like a club who'd spend anything like what Levy wants on a 30 year old Kane with a year left on his contract? My guess is Kane wants that PL goals record anyway.

Beech

Do Bayern seem like a club who'd spend anything like what Levy wants on a 30 year old Kane with a year left on his contract? My guess is Kane wants that PL goals record anyway.
Why do people keep bringing up the fact that he's 30 like he's on the verge of retiring? The way Kane plays after adapting his game, he's going to be good to go for another 4 or 5 years as long as he has a bit of luck with injuries. He would stroll the Bundesliga in Bayern's team and let others do the running for him. He's a better overall player than Lewandowski (has more to his game) and is the closest they will probably get in regards to someone who will replace his goals.

Havak

Pokemon master
He'll come to United. :)

He has 4 good years left.

He'll probably score 100+ goals for us.

We'll still sign another striker in the next couple of years.

Divided opinion on wanting him is one of the most baffling things I've seen on the Caf.

If Spurs don't finish in the top four.

LordSpud

The only cool thing which could come from this if he is with us when he breaks that long standing record of Shearers - and depending on much longer he carries on, a record which might not be broken for years to come.

croadyman

The only cool thing which could come from this if he is with us when he breaks that long standing record of Shearers - and depending on much longer he carries on, a record which might not be broken for years to come.
Yeah my thoughts too

croadyman

Divided opinion on wanting him is one of the most baffling things I've seen on the Caf.

Yeah replace with Osimhen in three years time (yes I know he won't be on market then)

Beech

I think that's because a lot of people simply love speed merchants. Which is one thing Kane isn't and has never been.

Doracle

The trophies we may well win with a world class CF won’t be cool then?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We and the league are in a very interesting situation right now due to the city news and taking a cursory look at where the other teams are at the moment so considering our unique position with us being on the rise while most of the opposition are either on the decline or a mess (arsenal notwithstanding) we could potentially dominating the league for the foreseeable future , having him here plus a some improvements in other areas will ensure that i reckon.

Also supposing city are done for him not Getting his desired move to city might have been a huge blessing in disguise for him in the long run.

kidbob

He's absolutely brilliant but he's also stuck at Spurs now unless Barca, Madrid or Bayern come looking. If Barca had the money for him, he'd be excellent there for 3-4 years. Maybe sell us FDJ and use the money for Kane!! Realistically Bayern are the only option and they don't like big transfers normally.

Although Spurs have been improving and top 4 is a possibility but the title simply isn't.

RVN1991

Why do people keep bringing up the fact that he's 30 like he's on the verge of retiring? The way Kane plays after adapting his game, he's going to be good to go for another 4 or 5 years as long as he has a bit of luck with injuries. He would stroll the Bundesliga in Bayern's team and let others do the running for him. He's a better overall player than Lewandowski (has more to his game) and is the closest they will probably get in regards to someone who will replace his goals.
These people are stuck in 2003. Guarantee Kane will be at this or a similar level for at least another four years, four/five years for a world class striker who not only offers a boatload of goals but also contributes to the teams build up is easily worth close to the 100 million mark.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We’re not getting Kane and Muani, mate.
Its unlikely but i dont think muani is going to be that expensive either because his Gls stats are not that great. Maybe Kane in summer & muani if martial ever leaves the following january.

scottser

you know that story 'a soft touch' in irving welsh's 'the acid house', where the nice guy gets dicked around by his slaggy missis and her scobey boyfriend, and ends up getting back with her even though there's another girl that fancies him?
that's harry kane that is.

lex talionis

Harry's age is not a worry. It's not as though he's wearing cardigans and smoking pipes. According to the data I'm reading (could be wrong), he has 17 goals and 1 assist for Spurs this season, and there's still a long way to go in this season. He'll have the ability and fitness to replicate these numbers for at least another 2 seasons. And if we do bring in an able understudy at CF (I've given up on Martial, though we may be stuck with him for years to come) we can keep Harry fresh.

The problem will be Levy's demand. And Harry may well accept going trophyless for the rest of his career.

croadyman

Its unlikely but i dont think muani is going to be that expensive either because his Gls stats are not that great. Maybe Kane in summer & muani if martial ever leaves the following january.
Rich ownership opens up possibility