Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

romufc

That is laughable if you honestly believe that. You don't think Kane wants to win top trophies? I've heard it all now. Sorry but some of you lot need to give your heads a wobble.
No, him staying at Spurs is a clear indication of it. Players like Bale, Modric realised this very early on and when they hit their level, they knew it was time to go, they went to a club with trophies as an ambition.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No, him staying at Spurs is a clear indication of it. Players like Bale, Modric realised this very early on and when they hit their level, they knew it was time to go, they went to a club with trophies as an ambition.
He clearly is desperate to win major trophies at Spurs though. To suggest he doesn't care about winning stuff because he stays at Spurs is just silly. Bale and Modric were not Spurs fans, Kane is - that's obviously very important to him and he would love nothing more than to win trophies with Spurs.

IncyWincySpider

Kane did want to leave Spurs didn't he? He was practically begging for an out last summer with that interview on the golf course, I forget who with.

romufc

He clearly is desperate to win major trophies at Spurs though. To suggest he doesn't care about winning stuff because he stays at Spurs is just silly. Bale and Modric were not Spurs fans, Kane is - that's obviously very important to him and he would love nothing more than to win trophies with Spurs.
How do you know he is desperate to win major trophies at Spurs? Just because he said he wants to win trophies, every player says this. Also, I am not just talking about Spurs, England too where he has been an absolute ghost in every big game that matters for England.

Right, its his dream to win a trophy with Spurs, I agree with that. That to me shows he is not in it for trophies, when you know Spurs are not really going to win trophies.

He signed a 7 year deal at Spurs, trophies are not a motivator like other strikers. Thats fine, everyone has different motivators. Kane's motivator as I see it right now is the PL record.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How do you know he is desperate to win major trophies at Spurs? Just because he said he wants to win trophies, every player says this. Also, I am not just talking about Spurs, England too where he has been an absolute ghost in every big game that matters for England.

Right, its his dream to win a trophy with Spurs, I agree with that. That to me shows he is not in it for trophies, when you know Spurs are not really going to win trophies.

He signed a 7 year deal at Spurs, trophies are not a motivator like other strikers. Thats fine, everyone has different motivators. Kane's motivator as I see it right now is the PL record.
Oh come on now are you actually being serious? This is just ridiculous I'm sorry.

Skills

Snitch
Oh come on now are you actually being serious? This is just ridiculous I'm sorry.
Hand on heart, do you honestly think he'd take a league cup with spurs over breaking Shearer's record?

romufc

Yes, I am. How can a player that has gone to the CL final and then all Spurs have done since is regress actually think they'll win a major trophy or even compete?

Im sorry, if you think Spurs are going to challenge anytime soon, then you are deluded.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, I am. How can a player that has gone to the CL final and then all Spurs have done since is regress actually think they'll win a major trophy or even compete?

Im sorry, if you think Spurs are going to challenge anytime soon, then you are deluded.
That's a totally different point to what you said though isnt it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
To be fair when he signed the contract they'd become a consistent top 4 side, came second the season before with 86 points and got to the champions league final the season after. It was a talented side doing well under Pochettino. I think at the time he genuinely believed they had a good chance of winning trophies, and he probably wanted to give it every chance with having been with them since a child. When the outlook became more bleak he did push for a move and thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with Levy

I don't think it's a lack of ambition, he was definitely naïve though, Levy pulled the same thing with Modric with the whole Gentleman's agreement thing.
Gentleman and Levy in the same sentence is just plain wrong!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A player who should be talked with the likes of Lewa and Benzema is now so down the list. No one but himselves to blame.

This is why you always to be extremely careful in your career. He spoiled his career.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Bloody first touch goal. Kane is elite. It's a shame he's won nothing.

Mcking

Being the Premier League's all-time topscorer completely dwarfs having a domestic cup medal or even a league medal. Let's all be honest.

UpWithRivers

I know Levi is a hard negotiator but I dont think Spurs have a choice. Its all down to Kane. He wanted to join City and then gave it another year. If he wants out in the summer what are they going to do? Force him to stay and loose him in a year? Just offer 80. Thats a fair price for a 30 year old striker with 1 year left on his contract. If he wants to come then he will come. If not then we move on. Its that simple

Rolaholic

Found it hard to think that they ever would allow him to go to United or someone else in the league. They want him to reach that milestone at Spurs and if not, I doubt they'll want him to do it anywhere else.

It's either abroad if he wants out or he stays

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Bayern will hopefully come to our rescue and we can actually buy someone who's useful for more than a couple of years.

RVN1991

But didn’t win it. If Kane was ambitious enough then he’d of left a few years ago when he was a bit younger. He knew he’d never win a trophy with spurs.
I never understood the logic behind this type of argument. So going to City and guaranteeing himself some trophies is a bigger testament to his character than sticking it out and trying to win at a smaller club like Spurs? What?

Even calling him unambitious for not leaving Spurs is disingenuous considering what happened a few years ago where he pretty much went public with his desire to leave for guaranteed trophies at City.

Anyway amazing to see him having this type of season at such an advanced age.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I never understood the logic behind this type of argument. So going to City and guaranteeing himself some trophies is a bigger testament to his character than sticking it out and trying to win at a smaller club like Spurs? What?

Even calling him unambitious for not leaving Spurs is disingenuous considering what happened a few years ago where he pretty much went public with his desire to leave for guaranteed trophies at City.

Mate he's 29 not 37 what are you talking about

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sours holding Kane essentially hostage is somewhat hilarious. I can understand why they wouldn’t sell to a rival but at the same time, do you really want to keep (if he does want to move that is) an unhappy player

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sours holding Kane essentially hostage is somewhat hilarious. I can understand why they wouldn’t sell to a rival but at the same time, do you really want to keep (if he does want to move that is) an unhappy player
Always makes me laugh when people speak about Levy like he's a genius negotiator when in reality he's a cnut that tends to hold on to every player for too long and has overpaid for garbage as much as anyone.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I mean, Kane could always just go abroad for a year then come back if he really wanted to.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Leaving for a team that challenges for trophies shows his ambitious. No one can say that he hasn’t been loyal to spurs even if he leaves now. He’s stayed and worked under managers that are known for winning trophies but it still hasn’t happened so he has the right to leave at this end of his career. All them goals he’s scored and records he’s making mean absolutely nothing without any trophies at the end of it.

scottser

I'll eat my own balls if he moves in the summer. It's where he goes on a free in 2024, thats the question.

rajds89

That rules out Brighton and Newcastle then, though I didn’t think either of them would have been real possibilities anyway.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern will hopefully come to our rescue and we can actually buy someone who's useful for more than a couple of years.
I am starting to think it might be a possibility. We probably need to sell a winger to afford Cancelo and Kane though

CM

Being the Premier League's all-time topscorer completely dwarfs having a domestic cup medal or even a league medal. Let's all be honest.
It doesn't. It would be a great personal achievement but what is it all for if it doesn't contribute towards something bigger?

Kane has spoken previously about wanting to push himself to the best levels possible. If he scores as many goals as he has and ends his career without a trophy, that would be a huge failure for a player of his ability. If Kane has any ambition, he should be doing everything in his power to get out of Spurs. He holds all the cards now and has spent long enough dicking around in teams that can't match his quality to waste more time there. Renewing with Spurs would be consigning himself to a career of unfulfilled promise.

cyberman

He can have both. He’s just satisfied with personal glory and that ok.