Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They can’t play every game in 4 comps. We used to have 4 quality strikers for the same workload. City have cleaned up for a decade and rotated on another level. Someone like Kane certainly couldn’t manage it.
We also use to have 4 top ST because we use to play 2 up top so needed them. Times have changed since, most top teams play with only 1 quality ST with the back up being decent. I agree we need squad depth though for all competitions that we’ll be involved in.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They can’t play every game in 4 comps. We used to have 4 quality strikers for the same workload. City have cleaned up for a decade and rotated on another level. Someone like Kane certainly couldn’t manage it.
Nevertheless, you will always have one who is first choice and starts more games and other who starts less. Neither of those two will not accept anything but being no1 choice.

Last edited:

Litch

These two want to be no1 strikers. Not rotation or something. And both play only on no9 position. So it is not even about money. You think that either of them would come in any club with promise "you will rotate with some other dude".
My opinion remains the same, not many teams play with No9's and more a fluid front 3. Also Kane has proven to drop into the 10 position and also takes up positions wider the just CF.

I guess who would have thought we would have CR7 and Rooney in the same team?

Litch

Almost everyone would suggest they wouldn't. They're two of the best strikers in Europe, nobody is signing both for the massive money they would cost to have them compete for minutes with each other.
Maybe but both teams have already proven to do things that others thought they wouldnt too. We could easily had the same argument about PSG or how much a team would spend it a Jan window. When could Brighton ever turn down 70m for a footballer?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to move away from this. What is it with us signing strikers that are 30 or above. Need one that we can have for years. Go for the Napoli striker… that’s a no brainer.
Assuming this is a straight one or other debate, it's such a huge call.
I'd probably go on the side of Osimhen, being younger, more mobile and hoping he can take the step up to top class.
But I know loads of others think Kane is the best option.

I could just see him hanging about in the half way line circle when we want someone a lot further forward stretching lines.

Having said this, we're fielding Weigy at the moment, or hoping Martial can play a couple every 8-10 games.

El Jefe

If I speak...

How many important games is that now for club and country where he has zero impact. Sure he can play well in the group stages or even against a big PL side in November but it's never when it actually matters.

I've said for some time now he is embarrassingly easy to mark out of games. He knows he can't fight and compete with CBs which is why he comes so deep, even to the halfway line at points.

Would have learned nothing if we sign him. Guaranteed flop in my opinion, he's cooked physically but still has a great right foot.

kaku06

Somebody slap this idiot for signing that 6 year contract and then slap him again for even thinking about it.

Doracle

If we sign Kane, we're going to have Bruno make those CF runs into the box with Kane dropping back to playmake. It's such a big part of his game now. We need an off the ball runner. Osimhen is him.
Rashford will make most of those runs, with Kane and Bruno to playmake for him. Bruno will basically play the (good) Dele Alli role. It would work absolutely brilliantly. Absolutely essential signing for us - he would be much better than Osimhen in my view.

kaku06

Biggest elite loser in football. Watch him sign a new contract this summer. Haven’t got a single winner bone in his body. If he moves I would be very surprised.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Biggest elite loser in football. Watch him sign a new contract this summer. Haven’t got a single winner bone in his body. If he moves I would be very surprised.
Tbf he did try to move last year but yeah nobody should be stupid enough to sign that 7 year contract for Levy. Absolute dumb move and a wasted prime.

Ole'sgunnarwin

You can score goals and not be great. Van Nistelrooy was brilliant the first few years for us. He scored plenty of goals in his last season here but his level dropped and Saha was ready to replace him.

I think Kane has been poor for a few years now while continuing to score goals. Lazy pundits never question him, it's always his teammates fault, he deserves better etc. Pure nonsense, he's part of the problem.

Hip Hop

Not sure he is the kind of striker Ten hag wants. The fact that we are lacking an elite striker is easy narrative for the press.

Wilt

Kane to Utd now looking more and more likely ….Levy the stumbling block

RedDevilQuebecois

At least, Van Persie learned a few things from many remnants of that great Arsenal team. Harry Kane has always been the leading man in a team of losers, with no learning curve on how to become a winner. That's the difference.

Last edited:

Cloud7

If I speak...

How many important games is that now for club and country where he has zero impact. Sure he can play well in the group stages or even against a big PL side in November but it's never when it actually matters.

I've said for some time now he is embarrassingly easy to mark out of games. He knows he can't fight and compete with CBs which is why he comes so deep, even to the halfway line at points.

Would have learned nothing if we sign him. Guaranteed flop in my opinion, he's cooked physically but still has a great right foot.
His teammates and manager always catch all the flak for this

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Guy is a loser. Do not want him anywhere near us

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Find it very hard to buy into the "Kane deserves better" narrative on BT. He's had the team built round him and still has never performed when it matters.

Wasted his career at spurs and will never get sold to a rival.

Wing Attack Plan R

Kane would be a stopgap solution, the kind of trap we love falling into. Kane would put us back in contention for winning the league, maybe for one season. He turns 30 in July. As we saw with Ronaldo, you could be an absolute finishing machine, but when you lose that step of pace, you become a one-trick pony.

How many years would Kane have left playing at full tilt, in a pressing side like ETH wants? If he wants to sign on a 1-year rolling contract, sign him up, but I think after a couple years we will again have the problem of finding a forward to lead the line. For the money we'd have to fork over, wouldn't it make more sense to buy a player closer to hitting his peak, at like 23 or 24, and have him for 7 or 8 years?

Irwin99

Interesting what happens next: i think he's 59 goals behind Shearer for the record, very achievable but like Shearer's record it's just an amazing stat, it's not really winning anything.

If he leaves Spurs and doesn't join United (assuming we'd want him) he might as well go abroad and play for a big club and compete for trophies.

SAF is the GOAT

I think he's going to be our last option from the list. Osimhen and Ramos are probably ahead of him and if we'll experience some difficulties on getting 1 of them, he"ll be most achievable of the other options that aren't those 2.

I think that maybe Newcastle will go for him as they need a striker and what will be more "romantic" to break Shearer's record while playing in Newcastle ? It could work out for him.

DevTheRed

I just couldn’t imagine him going abroad with the premier league record in sight so the only places I could see him go this summer is either us or Chelsea. Chelsea being controversial but if RVP can do something similar anyone can.

Price dependent I’d take him.. we’d probably get 3-4 good seasons out of him and would probably work well with Rashford. Would prefer Osimhen though.

Lecland07

If I speak...

Funnily enough, both England and Tottenham have something in common: neither play an attacking midfielder. This is actually a mistake made by both sides. Kane is great at creating chances, but it makes the team much easier to defend against as Kane cannot play as high up the pitch, since he is also fulfilling the role of the number 10.

They need to use an attacking midfielder. Kane hasn't actually played with one since Eriksen left, and Tottenham haven't even tried to sign one.

This is the real reason why he comes deep. It has nothing to do with physicality.

Lecland07

You can score goals and not be great. Van Nistelrooy was brilliant the first few years for us. He scored plenty of goals in his last season here but his level dropped and Saha was ready to replace him.

I think Kane has been poor for a few years now while continuing to score goals. Lazy pundits never question him, it's always his teammates fault, he deserves better etc. Pure nonsense, he's part of the problem.
Well, it is his teammates fault because they just aren't good enough. A lot of their players are midtable standard. The only reason they are near top four is because of Kane; a lot of people just don't get this.

next_number_seven

I think he's going to be our last option from the list. Osimhen and Ramos are probably ahead of him and if we'll experience some difficulties on getting 1 of them, he"ll be most achievable of the other options that aren't those 2.

I think that maybe Newcastle will go for him as they need a striker and what will be more "romantic" to break Shearer's record while playing in Newcastle ? It could work out for him.
Newcastle have Isak.
It's us or Chelsea really.

I'm not sure about him.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Funnily enough, both England and Tottenham have something in common: neither play an attacking midfielder. This is actually a mistake made by both sides. Kane is great at creating chances, but it makes the team much easier to defend against as Kane cannot play as high up the pitch, since he is also fulfilling the role of the number 10.

They need to use an attacking midfielder. Kane hasn't actually played with one since Eriksen left, and Tottenham haven't even tried to sign one.

This is the real reason why he comes deep. It has nothing to do with physicality.
They have been signing attacking midfielders but they all end up looking awful. Maybe it’s because he operates around their space or they were not the right fit .

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

He can’t play high up the pitch because he’s terrified of centre halves. Nobody is asking him to play a 10.

And England have primarily played a 10 over the past 2 years. Mason Mount has started with 2 midfielders behind him (Rice/Phillips or Rice/Bellingham) as England’s preferred choice more often than not. Only halfway through the last tournament did they swap Mount for Bellingham.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’m very wary of us signing him. He’s a superb striker but his age, naturally waning physicality and lack of delivering in these big knockout games is worrying. I just don’t want a United again back to being outrun and outfought by teams and the most highly paid player / CF (which I’m sure we’d make England’s golden boy man) being a huge reason for it.

I mean anybody would want their CF to have quality on the ball as he clearly does. But we want that CF to have the legs to lead the press too. Otherwise you’re again having to cover up for another players flaws

croadyman

I’m very wary of us signing him. He’s a superb striker but his age, naturally waning physicality and lack of delivering in these big knockout games is worrying. I just don’t want a United again back to being outrun and outfought by teams and the most highly paid player / CF (which I’m sure we’d make England’s golden boy man) being a huge reason for it.

I mean anybody would want their CF to have quality on the ball as he clearly does. But we want that CF to have the legs to lead the press too. Otherwise you’re again having to cover up for another players flaws
Yeah he does seem to go missing in big KO games,can probably count on one hand the times he has affected those sort of matches

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A little bit like Bruno’s constant fatigue in big games, there’s always something as to why Kane isn’t doing it when it really matters. Just don’t think he has it in him for the big occasions.

I don't think his hold up and on the ball play is right for us either. When he receives the ball he always does the same thing. Control it, turn, run a few feet then pass. It all takes too long. We, and any other top team, need somebody who moves the ball quicker than that.

Bruno for his faults is immediately thinking about his next pass when the ball comes to him. I never had the impression Kane does that.