Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
I don't really get the Bayern move from his perspective. Why not wait a year and have your pick of clubs on a free?

pacifictheme

Ok mate. Let me know what he's having for dinner later while you're at it, seeing as you know him so well.
Why else would he want to move to Bayern? If that's what he wants he clearly cares more about a trophy than some goal scoring record legacy.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think it's down to whether we can outbid Bayern. It's purely down to Kane. Does he want to go to Germany, or (see out his contract at Spurs and) stay in the PL.

Sadly, I agree with those who say Levy won't sell him to us but, of course, once Kane is out of contract, he has no say in the matter. Kane won't be short of PL suitors this time next year (including us, I would hazard a guess)
I still think that Tottenham sell to Bayern this summer, if Kane makes it clear, that he doesn't renew his contract. Kane and Bayern wouldn't be talking to each other, if he couldn't imagine playing for them.

Kaos

I don't really get the Bayern move from his perspective. Why not wait a year and have your pick of clubs on a free?
A year is a long time for a player who's now 30. He'll have a couple of years left of his prime so will want every season to be a fruitful one, more so for a player who's as trophy-starved as Kane is. He's not going to achieve anything at Spurs this coming season.

red.knight

We are arguably a world class forward away from challenging for the title. I am really struggling to understand why United simply don't test Levy's resolve by offering £100 million for Kane. We can raise funds to sign Kane by selling players.

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m

DavelinaJolie

Security? It's not out of the realms of possibility he gets a significant injury and it harms his future.

croadyman

We are arguably a world class forward away from challenging for the title. I am really struggling to understand why United simply don't test Levy's resolve by offering £100 million for Kane. We can raise funds to sign Kane by selling players.

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m
That's the issue we haven't been able to raise

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
A year is a long time for a player who's now 30. He'll have a couple of years left of his prime so will want every season to be a fruitful one, more so for a player who's as trophy-starved as Kane is. He's not going to achieve anything at Spurs this coming season.
Sure but what's an extra year of achieving nothing with Spurs in the grand scheme of things? Waiting opens up a PL move which he'd surely prefer. He just doesn't strike me as someone who wants to see out his career in Germany.

Security? It's not out of the realms of possibility he gets a significant injury and it harms his future.
Maybe. But he's not some 19year old on £10k a week. The whole thing doesn't line up for me, I reckon he ends up staying.

Redcy

That's the issue we haven't been able to raise

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m
Noone wants to pay those prices for our players though. If we sell all those players sure, but even then I dont see Levy taking 100m from us if he can get 80m from Bayern

Devilyouknow

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m
Maybe Levy will be under more pressure to accept a bid closer to the end of the window. Their board maybe won’t allow Kane’s contract to run down when there are money offers on the table. 100m to reinvest vs nothing at all. Even if he stays for his final year they might not even make top 4. They need to stop thinking they are a big club.

Strats

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m
These numbers combined won’t be enough to cover the United tax Levy would slap onto his price.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m
It is easier said than done to actually raise the money. We don't have the budget for more than we've currently spent without sales. There's no chance we sell 100m worth of players this summer. And then there's the whole "spending 100m on a 30 year old" aspect to consider, which is never a smart decision.

IMO - we are not only a world class CF away. A top CF and time to train and implement the system, get the balance right, and then fine tune it by adjusting whatever part of the squad needs it. That's another year before we can properly challenge at the top.

mu4c_20le

I see what you tried to do there but he clearly wants to win something and it running out of time.
Kidding aside, if you just said you think Kane wants to go to win trophies, that's fair, he might think he has a decent shot at the CL as well. But if you're talking about legacy, Shearer, and how fans will perceive their careers, then it doesn't make much sense imo. He'll be remembered as the Spurs guy who fell just short of Shearer's record before fecking off to Bayern for a gimme title.

pacifictheme

Kidding aside, if you just said you think Kane wants to go to win trophies, that's fair, he might think he has a decent shot at the CL as well. But if you're talking about legacy, Shearer, and how fans will perceive their careers, then it doesn't make much sense imo. He'll be remembered as the Spurs guy who fell just short of Shearer's record before fecking off to Bayern for a gimme title.
I just think that if he wants to go to Bayern he clearly wants a medal or whatever over any legacy. He will be England's all time top scorer anyway with no sign of that being beaten soon.

Even if it's an easy title for him to win (although they were lucky last season), I imagine he will still love getting to lift the trophy over his at the allianz.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If you want to go with a picture of Lewandowski and his Bayern trophies, I have a better one for you.

Fitting. You can hardly see the Bundesliga trophy among all the other trophies. Even Lewandowski doesn’t seem to value it much :D

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Fitting. You can hardly see the Bundesliga trophy among all the other trophies. Even Lewandowski doesn’t seem to value it much :D
Not denying it. As far as league titles go, Lewandowski probably even holds the ones with Dortmund in higher regard. I'm saying it's not the only thing you play for at Bayern, and that Kane can basically use any title he can still get his hands on, after wasting so many years of his prime.

Last edited:

Hammondo

Maguire £20m
Fred £20m
Elanga £15m
Henderson £15m
Donny van de Beek £20m
Bailly £1m
Iqbal £1m
Telles £4m
Brandon Williams £4m
This isn't FM, also we are not that close to challenging for the title, though if City feck up replacing their players then they could feck up I suppose.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah absolutely bang on,like I just said have to pray he gets cold feet about joining Bayern,failing that hope his pregnant partner doesn't want to uproot family to Germany
At this point our best shot is MAYBE a Jan run at him if Spurs are falling apart. But if they have a decent shot at T4, then it'll be next summer on a free.

TheLord

I don't disagree about trophies, nor is this a Spurs vs United thing. It's simply a matter of facts - Levy won't sell to a PL club. Period. You can argue it's illogical or it's not in Kane's best interests etc. Whether you're right or wrong doesn't change the fact: Levy won't sell to a PL club.

Kane also won't push for the move. He's a year away from walking for free and leaving a club hero. There's almost no reason to burn that entirely to the ground just to leave for United a single year earlier. It just simply will not happen. He loves the club and won't do it. If he was going to down tools, push for a move, etc. it would have already happened. Instead he's shown up for training as usual and is doing well.

As a spurs supporter I think Bayern is becoming more and more likely. The club thought they might be able to entice him towards a new deal but he's firmly saying no. More and more leaks are now coming out about players we might sign should Kane leave - that wasn't happening before even when the rumours were swirling. I think so long as Bayern makes a big enough offer he'll end up there.

For Man Utd you have to hope that big Bayern offer doesn't come and he joins you on a free next year. A completely likely scenario in my eyes but he won't be sold to you. Not now and not in January, it simply will not happen.
That's absoute BS, in my humble opinion.

Levy won't sell Kane to a PL club, but would be okay to part ways with 100m when he leaves for free next summer!

Levy would love Kane, Spurs biggest asset, to commit his entire future to the club. That's clear and obvious. But if any club, including any PL club, offer over 100m for the 30-year-old who is unwilling to sign an extension in the final year of his contract, I refuse to believe that Levy has the stupidity to refuse that offer.

"Unwilling to sell to any PL club" doesn't exist in modern football. There may be some apprehension selling to direct rivals or local rivals, but beyond that there's no such thing in current times.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I don't see anything in Tanzi's tweets of the past few days dealing with Vlahovic. Nothing on l'Equipe either.

Last edited:

Todd

At this point our best shot is MAYBE a Jan run at him if Spurs are falling apart. But if they have a decent shot at T4, then it'll be next summer on a free.
Yeah, at this point I'd rather we spend the Hojlund money on another midfielder and take a shot at Kane in January. Until then, play Rashford through the middle and let Garnacho cook on the left.

Abraxas

Not sure how reliable he is but that would mean the Kane move is dead
Not sure why a few delude themselves into thinking it might have been a different way.

There is no "testing Levy's resolve." The fella isn't interested. We can throw all logic at the situation and try and apply it to what he should do from a business point of view but he's simply not interested in a domestic sale, nothing has really gone against that point. It's also a moot point when we don't even have the budget to throw a respectable bid at it, nevermind one which would blow Spurs away and compel them to seriously consider it

Completely and utterly dead but it was probably never alive. The only way Kane lands at United is if he stays at Spurs and we throw everything at convincing him between this summer and next year. That's the raffle ticket we have.

lex talionis

Not sure why a few delude themselves into thinking it might have been a different way.

There is no "testing Levy's resolve." The fella isn't interested. We can throw all logic at the situation and try and apply it to what he should do from a business point of view but he's simply not interested in a domestic sale, nothing has really gone against that point. It's also a moot point when we don't even have the budget to throw a respectable bid at it, nevermind one which would blow Spurs away and compel them to seriously consider it

Completely and utterly dead but it was probably never alive. The only way Kane lands at United is if he stays at Spurs and we throw everything at convincing him between this summer and next year. That's the raffle ticket we have.
You may well be right about Levy, but it would be a colossal mistake for Spurs to see Kane leave 100m on the table and see their club's greatest player, still at his prime (we''ll see how he performs in the new season but no one denies he was outstanding last season) walk out on a free.

Liverpool cashed in Coutinho and the sale paid massive dividends for the club. Levy can do a lot with 100m and propel his club to the next level of greatness or he can watch his club slide off the cliff. He may well risk the latter out of petulance, but if he does his rivals will no longer be Brighton and Villa...more like Brentford and Fulham.

If Daniel is betting that he can talk Harry into a new contract who are we to say that that's ridiculous? But if he goes into the last week of August with this bet still on the table his bet will go down in professional football lore as one of the greatest blunders of all time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Levy won't sell Kane to a PL club, but would be okay to part ways with 100m when he leaves for free next summer!

Levy would love Kane, Spurs biggest asset, to commit his entire future to the club. That's clear and obvious. But if any club, including any PL club, offer over 100m for the 30-year-old who is unwilling to sign an extension in the final year of his contract, I refuse to believe that Levy has the stupidity to refuse that offer.

"Unwilling to sell to any PL club" doesn't exist in modern football. There may be some apprehension selling to direct rivals or local rivals, but beyond that there's no such thing in current times.
:lol:

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You may well be right about Levy, but it would be a colossal mistake for Spurs to see Kane leave 100m on the table and see their club's greatest player, still at his prime (we''ll see how he performs in the new season but no one denies he was outstanding last season) walk out on a free.

Liverpool cashed in Coutinho and the sale paid massive dividends for the club. Levy can do a lot with 100m and propel his club to the next level of greatness or he can watch his club slide off the cliff. He may well risk the latter out of petulance, but if he does his rivals will no longer be Brighton and Villa...more like Brentford and Fulham.

If Daniel is betting that he can talk Harry into a new contract who are we to say that that's ridiculous? But if he goes into the last week of August with this bet still on the table his bet will go down in professional football lore as one of the greatest blunders of all time.
Like what? That's basically what a newly promoted Championship team spends in this day and age. It gets you barely more than Kai Havertz.

100m is not club changing in football anymore. Not even close to it.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Who has more ego? Daniel Levy or you telling me how my club is run?

I guess you're going to find out. ;)

Giggsy13

I still believe United are negotiating behind the scenes for Kane or at least his brother agent is trying to smoke out what United are prepared to pay for Kane. This idea that Levy is some master negotiator is being way too overhyped. He’s done feck all to help spurs win trophies in their best era for decades and is now bitter at losing his prize jewel. There’s always a price and he’d be incredibly foolish to let Kane go for nothing. Levy will eventually buckle, he’s sold great players in the past, it’s Spurs ffs.

lex talionis

Like what? That's basically what a newly promoted Championship team spends in this day and age. It gets you barely more than Kai Havertz.

100m is not club changing in football anymore. Not even close to it.
An interesting assertion, that spending $100m is absolutely worthless to PL clubs these days.

Losing Kane would be a massive blow to Spurs but if it can be accepted as true that Kane is leaving now or later, the question is whether Spurs would want the additional 100m on top of their presumed 100m transfer budget or just their worthless 100m that they would already bank on.

An easy decision.

But it's a hard decision but either way you go there's a risk. If Daniel bets on Harry staying but bets wrong, he's got 100m less than he would have to rebuild the club. If he's right, that Harry stays, then he loses that 100m but he keeps arguably the world's greatest striker.

It really comes down to whether Levy is right that he can talk Kane into staying. If he can't, he can't be a moron and leave 100m on the table.

Plastic Evra

I doubt there's a way to correctly calculate that, but how much money is Kane worth, indirectly, to Spurs ?
Without him, how many standings below could they end up with in 2024 ? Club image, merchandise, fan goodwill, etc

Maybe not 100m plus wages but it's worth something to have him another year, I suspect.

As another poster said, 100m is not really a massive deal of money anymore. Buys you maybe 2 or 3 decent players for a club like Spurs ?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I still believe United are negotiating behind the scenes for Kane or at least his brother agent is trying to smoke out what United are prepared to pay for Kane. This idea that Levy is some master negotiator is being way too overhyped. He’s done feck all to help spurs win trophies in their best era for decades and is now bitter at losing his prize jewel. There’s always a price and he’d be incredibly foolish to let Kane go for nothing. Levy will eventually buckle, he’s sold great players in the past, it’s Spurs ffs.
He got his pants pulled down with Berbatov and the club has been run completely different ever since.

We took a lot less money from Real Madrid for Modric than what Chelsea was offering for example and essentially a "don't sell to PL teams" policy was put in place and stays there until today. Man Utd will not shake it. He goes to Bayern or he stays are basically the two options.

Bayern is looking more and more likely by the day.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
An interesting assertion, that spending $100m is absolutely worthless to PL clubs these days.

Losing Kane would be a massive blow to Spurs but if it can be accepted as true that Kane is leaving now or later, the question is whether Spurs would want the additional 100m on top of their presumed 100m transfer budget or just their worthless 100m that they would already bank on.

An easy decision.

But it's a hard decision but either way you go there's a risk. If Daniel bets on Harry staying but bets wrong, he's got 100m less than he would have to rebuild the club. If he's right, that Harry stays, then he loses that 100m but he keeps arguably the world's greatest striker.

It really comes down to whether Levy is right that he can talk Kane into staying. If he can't, he can't be a moron and leave 100m on the table.
You're basically straw manning here.

Nowhere did I say it's worthless it's just nowhere near the value you're trying to attribute to it. The idea that something is better than nothing is also a flawed premise, but that's for another discussion.

It buys you Kai Havertz + a little bit in this market. Argue that point and don't try and put words in my mouth that it's worthless.

lex talionis

You're basically straw manning here.

Nowhere did I say it's worthless it's just nowhere near the value you're trying to attribute to it. The idea that something is better than nothing is also a flawed premise, but that's for another discussion.

It buys you Kai Havertz + a little bit in this market. Argue that point and don't try and put words in my mouth that it's worthless.
It's my view, perhaps an insane one, that having 100m in hand is better than having 0m in hand.

But of course Spurs won't have 0m on hand for their transfer activity next January and next summer. They'll have probably 100m already to spend, so if they add another 100m from the sale of Kane they'll have, if my math works out correctly, 200m to spend. Without question they'll have to fill Kane's hole with some of that 200m, but the point is that if Kane walks on a free that they'd only have the presumed 100m and not the 200m to fill hole left behind by Kane and other holes.

I will not accept the absurd proposition that a PL really can't do much of anything with 200m. Clubs like Brighton and even Liverpool have shown that if you know what you're doing (which United wasn't for about a decade) you can do a lot with 100m and you can do even more with 200m. I will accept the point that Spurs cannot spend 200m and expect to be a PL contender, but they should be able to spend 200m shrewdly and compete for a top four spot. But if they're reduced to spending only 100m (that is, because they let Kane walk on a free) I do agree with your point which I think you're making that spending only 100m probably won't be enough for Spurs to rejoin the top four club and will have to settle for competing with the likes of Brighton and Villa for a EL spot at best, and even then you'd have to fancy Brighton and Villa for elbowing out Spurs. All to satisfy Levy's ego.

What Spurs cannot afford is to spiral down below an EL spot, for obvious reasons.