Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

IrishRedDevil

He wants £30m per year?
£577k per week?

I know he’s world class and this is his final contract, but that’s taking the piss.

Chip

Is it on again? How many pages do we reach before a final conclusion?

Pogba thread hit 1091 back in 2016. Not gonna surpass that is it?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Meh. Spurs will never let him sign for us because they are delusional and they think they are still our competitors, instead of recognizing that they have become a mid-table club

It would be incredibly dumb from Kane to sign a new contract with them. Can happen but incredibly dumb. And if he doesn't then he is either sold to Bayern or Madrid or Daniel Levy is even crazier than we think

Doracle

Before people get excited it says we could but we are reluctant because we don't think Levy will sell to us, and the total overall cost involved
And all it takes is for Kane to say he won’t go anywhere else and Levy has no choice. We need to be making sure Kane is clear we are interested.

IrishRedDevil

‘Kane was United’s No 1 summer target before the club decided to pull out of trying to sign him due to the difficulty of dealing with Levy. Old Trafford officials are now pondering a fresh move, with a potential £100m fee not necessarily a stumbling block. What could be, however, is Kane’s salary demands, which are believed to be in the region of £30m a year.’

L1nk

Watch us pull out of the Hojlund deal and Kane go to Bayern and Hojlund to PSG

lilcurt

Unpopular opinion...

Kane symbolizes everything we are trying to move away from. A player who will have played his best football at his former club, who will come for a massive fee and salary, blocking us from doing other business and likely a problem to move off the wage bill in 2/3 years.

I'd rather go for this lad at Atalanta if he really is as promising as people say. Kane was a signing that should have been made 2 years ago.

DevTheRed

I just don’t think we can afford £100m plus his wages.. even with Qatar money.

Only way I see us getting him is if Spurs panic and sell him for £70m-£80m or we get him for free next summer.

Rolaholic

Not sure how the funds are looking but I could see the Glazers approving extra money to be spent this summer for a name like Kane to soften the blow of them potentially staying on.

Plus the only way we'd likely be able to even tempt them to sell domestically to us instead of an interested party abroad who have made huge inroads already like Bayern would be to completely blow their bid out of the water

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I just don’t think we can afford £100m plus his wages.. even with Qatar money.

Only way I see us getting him is if Spurs panic and sell him for £70m-£80m or we get him for free next summer.
Have you read the article. It says the owner wants him gone now not for free.

Chip

Swap him with Maguire and Sancho? Could cover most of the transfer fee (if Spurs are dumb enough) and the wages :p

Tarrou

We won it twice in the last 10 years, how about you?

According to the bookies we have been in the top 3/4 to win the CL every year in the last 5 years.

In the UEFA 5 year coefficient we are 2nd place.

Im not saying we are top favourites to win the CL next year. But over the next 3 or 4 years we are most probably the 3rd best bet after City and Real.
But i guess another PL expert will tell me soon how the complete PL top 4 is better than Bayern.
I don't get it either. Bayern are one of the top 5 clubs in the world for me with a massive following. And with Harry in they will surely be better next season.

Munich is a great city too, and not a difficult adjustment for an Englishman. Bayern will be second favourites for the UCL if they sign Kane, I'd guess.

The only major downside is he'll miss out of the PL scorer record.

Laurencio

We can’t possible afford close to 150-160 million for both with Kane apparently wanting over 500k wages a week too, there’s just no way
We can if we swap him for Maguire and Martial. No? No takers? Please?

Rolaholic

If their owner has made it clear that he must be sold this summer since he's not looking to resign, it would be criminally formalize our interest and throw our hat into the ring :lol:

Could very much prove to be the difference between another close top 4 campaign or no.21/a deep run in Europe

Woodenlung

It's only been a month since we briefed that we'd pulled out of trying to sign Kane. I'd rather we not get involved in another protracted transfer saga that ends up with him not joining and us missing out on other targets.

L1nk

We absolutely can afford it, that's not the issue.
You’re United’s accoutant then? We apparently need to sell players to make a bid for 30mill Amrabat but we have unlimited funds for Kane?

IrishRedDevil

Thinking about the wage a bit more.

I guess we would always willing to pay him a bit more than Rashford (£325k).

Let’s say we give him de Geas old wage of £375k.

Plus we are removing the likes of Telles (£90k) and Bailly (£90k) from our wage bill. Plus plenty of other dead weight.

I guess we could easily give him £450-500k per week.

What wage are Bayern offering?