Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Except they’re not. No team in world football can be called a large step up from United .. currently . Not even City. Remember last season everyone thought it’d take years to catch up to liverpool … it can be done.
City most definitely is. They are and are going to be for as long as Pep is there basically the favourites every year.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
In this moment, they definitely aren't.

Their team last season was the worst it's been in decades. It took a Dortmund bottle-job for them to win the Bundesliga.

They've not been relevant in the CL since 2020.

Bayern is the easier move to make.
2020 was 3 years ago when was United's last relevant CL period?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Man Utd have improved a lot since the start of last season. It wasn't a fluke that they knocked out Barca in the EL.

They even beat Man City at home in the PL earlier this year - with Bayern failing to beat City at home in the CL.

I didn't think the two teams seemed that far apart in the FA Cup either - Utd with a more capable midfielder than the declining Eriksen, and a proper CF, could have pushed City all the way.
Spurs beat City at home literally every single year. They don't even score. It's nothing fancy, at least in my eyes.

Baxquux

City most definitely is. They are and are going to be for as long as Pep is there basically the favourites every year.
They've got 120 or so charges hanging over them and have difficulty attracting all but the most casual fans worldwide -maybe it's harder in general , and particularly today, for 'new' (footballing) elites' to gain support in the same way United, or Madrid, even Liverpool to a great extent, developed globally through history and 'mythos' attached to it - but even so, City just don't have that aura. You go there for pragmatic reasons - good coaching, a calculation around trophies, but they don't have that allure : players just screen out how hollow, cheat-code and frictionless in many ways it is, compared to a proper prestige club, even if a team like Madrid have always had certain unfair advantages in their own way (the 'kings team'/the 'generals team', bailed out of their debts etc).

Once Pep leaves for a national job or to earn disgusting money, even beyond his official and unofficial City pay, in Saudi or wherever, and they have to deal with an equally wealthy Newcastle, hopefully a fully resurgent United, possibly Boehly's Chelsea gamble on buying up promising talent in bulk paying off, and at least one of Arsenal and Liverpool improving another few %, they're not going to be as hegemonic. Doubly so if some of the charges actually stick...

KanieKaned

Media will be absolutely unbearable about us not paying that bit extra to sign him. Happy to conveniently ignore what an absolute fecking nightmare Levy is to deal with
Not to mention that extra being not just a 100m transfer but more than likely 120m with 100m guaranteed up front and running right to the wire. Let Kane go and enjoy some Bratwurst. The chap should have had some balls ages ago and left Spurs.

Abraxas

Some people here seriously thought we should have been pissing around with Daniel Levy holding our summer hostage. Unreal lack of foresight. Thankfully the club found the right conclusion very early.

Eddy_JukeZ

2020 was 3 years ago when was United's last relevant CL period?
3 years is a very long time in football.

Bayern are not a large step up from United.

And City definitely aren't either irrespective of having Pep or not.

croadyman

Who knows but reportedly Spurs were willing to offer 20m£ a year / 400k a week... Surely he can easily pretend somewhere in that range (18-25m€) and would be a mark to accept less even playing up the good employee modesty to its maximum. That seems consistent with what we know in general about top forwards emoluments.

Ultimatums sound really dumb in that context, especially so if you're not following up on them. I get that Bayern may feel frustrated by the whole process but if they're not walking off after setting a deadline -taking reports at face value- they appear more desperate than anything. There's not a lot of other options they can realistically say they're pursuing (doubly so with Kolo Muani being in supposedly good talks with PSG) or fall back on. I guess Osimhen is still there ? Not sure you'd get him at a lower fee (even if lower wages in the long run).
Think it's bad news that Kolo-Muani is now off the table because will make Bayern doubly determined to sign Kane

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
For once I kinda appreciate levy being an arrogant knobhead.
The cnut needs to be put in his place. As the Munich press said -- they should not be on their knees begging from a club like Spurs.

I really hope Kane walks away next summer.

His club has not achieved any silverware under his management --- other than causing anguish badges during the summer months to opposing clubs. Hopefully, future top players will learn from this and turn down any Levy attempts to recruit them.

Levy needs a lesson in humility.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Some people here seriously thought we should have been pissing around with Daniel Levy holding our summer hostage. Unreal lack of foresight. Thankfully the club found the right conclusion very early.
You have to give the current management credit for that. We got exact;y what we needed first. And now are in the position of getting what we 'want'. Little fuss and drama.

If we were under Woodward we would still be dragging this on till Sept. Woodward cannot imagine losing a battle of egos or wills to a Levy. And he would have completely forgotten about other priorities, being so consumed in his battle with Levy.

stw2022

I always thought Levy's notorious hard balling, whilst perhaps leading to advantageous individual deals, surely massively limit the appeal of signing for that club. If you do well and you attract the interest of the giants of European football the Levy factor will come into play and you're going nowhere

sglowrider

I always thought Levy's notorious hard balling, whilst perhaps leading to advantageous individual deals, surely massively limit the appeal of signing for that club. If you do well and you attract the interest of the giants of European football the Levy factor will come into play and you're going nowhere
Maybe thats why the club has not performed under his management. It just cant attract the top top level stars. And it wants to be a selling club then Levy needs to change its approach.

Bayern gave him a negotiation deadline and instead of showing some compromise, he flies off to the States that very day!!! Its just childish -- trying to show some big dick energy when clearly everyone knows that he has limited negotiation leverage.

stw2022

Maybe thats why the club has not performed under his management. It just cant attract the top top level stars. And it wants to be a selling club then Levy needs to change its approach.

Bayern gave him a negotiation deadline and instead of showing some compromise, he flies off to the States that very day!!! Its just childish -- trying to show some big dick energy when clearly everyone knows that he has limited negotiation leverage.

They need to be realistic. They could greatly improve by attracting players that see them as a stepping stone to another club. Yet their actions in the market suggest to me that they're probably only attracting those who see Spurs as their limit

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
They need to be realistic. They could greatly improve by attracting players that see them as a stepping stone to another club. Yet their actions in the market suggest to me that they're probably only attracting those who see Spurs as their limit
If my club (Bayern) wouldn’t desperately need a CF I‘d hope that Kane leaves Tottenham for free next summer. :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If my club (Bayern) wouldn’t desperately need a CF I‘d hope that Kane leaves Tottenham for free next summer. :lol:
I'm getting serious doubts whether our need justifies the expense and more importantly the undignified clownery this transfer saga has become.

worldinmotion66

The disrespect towards Spurs and Levy here is ridiculous. Players sign contracts, the club have every right to demand what they want for a player while they are under said contract.

I’m not sure how many times it’s been detrimental to Spurs (Berbatov late in the window is probably the biggest example), but under his stewardship the club have made huge strides, played fairly regular European football and built one of the best stadiums in the world. To suggest they should just rollover and be a selling club is a bit disingenuous, if it was your club, you wouldn’t be happy with that. You’d want them to be showing ambition and fighting tooth and nail for the best players and for progression.

If Murtough was selling players below their market value then a lot of our supporters would be apoplectic. You can’t please everyone, but generally speaking Levy has done a very good job for the last decade.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm getting serious doubts whether our need justifies the expense and more importantly the undignified clownery this transfer saga has become.
I would be absolutely fine with walking away if we have an alternative like Vlahovic lined up for example.

Siorac

The disrespect towards Spurs and Levy here is ridiculous. Players sign contracts, the club have every right to demand what they want for a player while they are under said contract.

I’m not sure how many times it’s been detrimental to Spurs (Berbatov late in the window is probably the biggest example), but under his stewardship the club have made huge strides, played fairly regular European football and built one of the best stadiums in the world. To suggest they should just rollover and be a selling club is a bit disingenuous, if it was your club, you wouldn’t be happy with that. You’d want them to be showing ambition and fighting tooth and nail for the best players and for progression.

If Murtough was selling players below their market value then a lot of our supporters would be apoplectic. You can’t please everyone, but generally speaking Levy has done a very good job for the last decade.
People earnestly believe that smaller clubs should build up organically, without relying on a sugar daddy or oil money, but at the same time these clubs should also not stand in the way of their players when a bigger club comes in for them.

It basically comes down to the sentiment that everyone below the traditional elite should simply know their place.

Crimson King

Welcome to trying to sign a player from Spurs that Levy doesn't want to lose. It stops becoming about getting the best deal, and more about his 'reputation' as a negotiator.

In some ways I can understand it, as it's probably put a few clubs off bidding for their players over the years. I can't help but feel it's also held then back massively though, as eventually the transfers do go through but 5 minutes before the window closes. In the past it hasn't always left them enough time to replace players, or they've spent the money unwisely.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
It's not the transfer fee that's the problem, it's Kane's wages.
Says who? If, as seems to be the case, Bayern and Kane have talked and agreed, I imagine the wage question has been mentioned :)

Btw Bild Germany reports the rumour that Tottenham might consider Werder Bremens Niklas Füllkrug as replacement for Kane. Kinda ironic considering Bayern have looked at Füllkrug as well, but considered him to lack in quality

Lee565

I wonder if levy is buying into his own hype as some tough negotiator.

he is ultimately setting the new manager up for failure with the complete uncertainty around kane

Wicked_Badger

I dislike Spurs & Bayern so the fact they’re fecking each other over this delights me.

Hopefully Bayern pay through the arse, break their wage structure & Spurs get the money so late that they panic spunk it on absolute dross again, a la the Bale cash.

Alternatively they could both be stubborn cnuts and he can sign for us for free next year :lol:

caid

Wonder who the Frazier Campbell will be this time. I pity the poor sap of a manager. Levy looks wretched at transfers to me to be honest

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
To think, for the money we paid for Rasmus, another £1.59 and a mars bar we could've got Kane :rolleyes:

cyberman

I wonder if levy is buying into his own hype as some tough negotiator.

he is ultimately setting the new manager up for failure with the complete uncertainty around kane
Of course he has. English clubs don’t even approach the club for his players anymore. That’s the league with the richest clubs in the world not even bothering to enter any transfer race. That’s ok if you’re as thick as Levy is and flat out refuses to talk to them but are they going to continually sell their players to Bayern and Madrid forever? Even Bayern will think twice after this.
Levy would sell the shit players but he hangs on to any player with any sort of value recognition like grim death witch results in the shit show of a squad and steady decline from Poch era that we see now.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't get the impression Kane really wants to move his family to Germany, but no English club is buying him at Levy's price to rivals.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Glad to see it’s not just Man Utd. Every transfer that involves Spurs selling a player turns into a clown show.
I really want Bayern to tell Levy to get fecked.

sglowrider

Under Levy's tutelage, the club has won feck all silverware bar a league cup win 15yrs ago. I guess he wins the Negotiator of the Year award every 6-8 yrs then when he has to sell one of his ambitious star players. Odious character.

sglowrider

At this point teams should just tell levy to feck off and get Kane on a free instead next summer
That's what they will do. It's a shame Lewis can't sack levy... Purely based on football performance. Woodward is a regular Ferguson compared to levy.

Lee565

I don't get the impression Kane really wants to move his family to Germany, but no English club is buying him at Levy's price to rivals.
They should really, you can spend 70 -100 million on a player from another league like havertz, sancho, nunez, Antony and not know if they can handle the premier league or spend 100-120 million on kane who will guarantee your club 20 -30 goals a season on top of 5 - 10 assists as well.

Keanes Magic Hat

They should really, you can spend 70 -100 million on a player from another league like havertz, sancho, nunez, Antony and not know if they can handle the premier league or spend 100-120 million on kane who will guarantee your club 20 -30 goals a season on top of 5 - 10 assists as well.
Agreed he is guaranteed a return of goals, assists and strong hold up play. Really Chelsea, Liverpool and ourselves should he going full out for him. I know Chelsea is probably a no go given he's at spurs

sglowrider

Agreed he is guaranteed a return of goals, assists and strong hold up play. Really Chelsea, Liverpool and ourselves should he going full out for him. I know Chelsea is probably a no go given he's at spurs
None of those clubs are that desperate. He won't guarantee the league to any of them especially the opportunity cost of his financial package.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
While I rate Kane highly and believe he would have delivered for us (goals, not necessarily titles). I am super glad we didn't get drawn into this saga. The season is one week away and we've done the priority signings. We'll probably bring in some depth signings like Amrabat and back up GK and hopefully look to sell some players over the next three weeks which is completely fine.