Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If a club bids ~£20m in January surely they will have to seriously consider it?
It’s Levy. He is stupid enough to demand £50m in January. He isn’t a tough negotiator. He likes to think that. He is just stupid and greedy.

Rainy nights in Stoke

British teams can’t sign him until next summer. Madrid are getting Mbappe. Italy, he won’t go.

Leaves Barca and Bayern and PSG that are realistic to sign him on a Pre contract in January.

Bayern can easily win that one since they’ve already done a lot of the leg work with his camp.
Only thing this saga has told me is that Kane likes to keep his options open. He could sign a pre-contract in Jan to eliminate the risk of long term injury and ending up with no contract offers, but it seems to me the smarter thing to do is wait until next summer and evaluate all options. He will also at that point have a good idea of which PL club looks the most likely to usurp City. If you can choose between:
- Bayern
- Barca
- PSG
- Renew with Spurs

Wouldn't you in Kane's position rather want to extend that list with:
- Liverpool
- United
- Newcastle (honestly, not sure that is as left-field of a suggestion as it sounds..)
- Chelsea
- Arsenal (really don't see this one happening though)

Heck, it's not impossible to imagine that Madrid activate Haaland's (rumoured) clause to pair him with Bopi?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If a club bids ~£20m in January surely they will have to seriously consider it?
If this isn't sorted this window, and Kane's smart enough not to sign, there'll be plenty of offers in the winter window, perhaps a mild bidding war. I doubt £20m gets an English club Kane at that time, and foreign clubs would be better served offering him the biggest signing on fee they can muster.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
You have to figure that is what will happen. He must have given Levy some indication that is possible. It does not make any sense to turn down 100 million from Bayern if the most likely outcome of that is that he leaves for free.
With his chucklehead of a brother-agent, you never know.

But no player with a competent agent is going to sign a new deal before at least exploring what other clubs can offer. He could sign a pre-contract with a non-English club in five months and if he stays at Spurs beyond this window a bunch of English clubs will start reaching out to discuss the framework of a possible contract they could offer next summer.

Most people who know the game say that signing a player on a "free" only saves you about 50% of what they would cost on a transfer due to elevated wages and signing on fees. Kane could command something stupid like a 40-50m signing on bonus and 500k per week on a free next summer if he has another good year and there is significant competition for his signature.

Turnbl

I find Spurs not accepting £85/90m (or wherever they are now) from Bayern slightly bizarre. Is it really worth the risk of Bayern walking away over an extra £10m?

I think it's possible one or some of the following could be true at the same time:
- he really wants to move to Bayern now
- he is playing 4d chess with Spurs in completely maxing out a new contract from them
- he wants to play his final year so minimise damage to his Spurs legacy, and wants a move on a free

If it's the final one then it's always a calculated risk re injury especially if he wants to stay in England - imagine if he got an ACL or achilles in April at nearly 31.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We never stood a chance, if he wants 100 million pounds from Bayern, we would have to pay over 120 million pounds to get him.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hope we will walk away. 100 million € for 30 year old is too much money anyway. No or little resale value only. And there isn'ta guarantee he will be an instant success. Mané should be a warning.

In the case his wage demands are true, the club will risk to a lot of bad blood within the team. Especially if Kane doesn't perform as expected.

Doracle

Will we still be interested in him on a free now Erik has got Hojlund is the big question
Depends how Hojlund does I imagine. If Kane scores another 30 this season and Hojlund scores 8 would you expect us to be interested?

croadyman

Depends how Hojlund does I imagine. If Kane scores another 30 this season and Hojlund scores 8 would you expect us to be interested?
I still want Kane however many Hojlund gets but gut says club will feel differently

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He will take a massive dump on Levy's desk next summer, moonwalk to Carrington and join us for free.

Bayern will cry "Why Herry? Why? This is so not right!" . And then he will answer "What can I say? I'm a classic number nein"

Mercurial

Well, some PL club is going to get the bargain of the century next summer when they sign Kane for free.

Levy is an idiot. Last chance to get good money for him AND with the key bonus of sending him away from the PL where he wont make your supporters feel like shit watching him score for a rival every week.

Now he’s going to get NO money for him AND likely watch your club legend lacing them up for a rival. Just stubborn to a fault.
Imagine having to see Levy almost every day, every week for a year while trying to gracefully run that contract down... ...he will renew Just to be able to breathe a few months in.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
British teams can’t sign him until next summer. Madrid are getting Mbappe. Italy, he won’t go.

Leaves Barca and Bayern and PSG that are realistic to sign him on a Pre contract in January.

Bayern can easily win that one since they’ve already done a lot of the leg work with his camp.
I never get this argument that's made about PL teams not being able to sign a PL player on pre contract.

They can't officially sign them but the agents can easily agree every aspect of the contract and sign it come June. It's not like Utd or Chelsea won't contact Kane until June next year to begin negotiations if he's available for a free.

croadyman

I never get this argument that's made about PL teams not being able to sign a PL player on pre contract.

They can't officially sign them but the agents can easily agree every aspect of the contract and sign it come June. It's not like Utd or Chelsea won't contact Kane until June next year to begin negotiations if he's available for a free.
Feel bad saying this as my dad is Spurs fan but need then to have a poor start. I want him to keep his options open and not jump in and sign that new deal.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
100m euro package was always going to be turned down. Levy wanted £100m minimum.

Baxquux

100 mil € package? Of course that’s going to be turned down if true. 100 mil £ package however from a non PL club may get accepted.
Bayern have the cash - they just need to get over themselves with the whole stereotypical- German fiscal rectitude (which is only partial anyway, if you consider their wage bill and the fact they make hand over fist in commercial deals and prize money)... although I'd be delighted to see them walk away and leave Kane as a United option for next Summer

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Where do you see him going or will he actually buy into the project and sign new deal
I doubt he will sign a new deal. I do fancy him going to Real on a free next year though. That's if he's ambitious which he really hasn't proved so far.

croadyman

I doubt he will sign a new deal. I do fancy him going to Real on a free next year though. That's if he's ambitious which he really hasn't proved so far.
Utd need to ignore the fact they have Hojlund and IF he says I'm not signing new deal then get ourselves right to the front of queue

RedDevilUnited369

Accusations of tapping up the player? I don’t know either, seems a silly rule to me.

Von Mistelroum

So, if Kane isn't going to Bayern, who are they going to turn to instead? The up-and-coming options have gone to PSG and us, and the stop-gaps are all Saudi bound...
They'll either offer more money for Kane now, or wait six months without a striker I reckon.

Kane will re-sign with Spurs if the deal doesn't go through and Bayern don't wait.

redshaw

Bayern still trying it on, it has to be around £100m base fee first. An £86m "package" that includes addons isn't going to tempt Levy or have the majority owner step in.

Doracle

Some of these rules must also be potentially challengeable. In theory, someone like Kane can’t speak to an English club (assuming that’s his preference) until very soon before his contract is due to expire. That’s obviously non-ideal and can tempt players into either moving abroad to get some certainty or signing a new contract - the latter obviously being the reason for the rule. It’s all very much designed to protect the clubs at the expense of the individual player.

izec

They will come back with another offer.

Lets be honest, they dont want to overpay for Kolo Muani, as he is not as good. Vlahovic same. Will be interesting to see if they bid 100m for Kane or 70-80m for one of the other two. I would go for Vlahovic

croadyman

They will come back with another offer.

Lets be honest, they dont want to overpay for Kolo Muani, as he is not as good. Vlahovic same. Will be interesting to see if they bid 100m for Kane or 70-80m for one of the other two. I would go for Vlahovic
Yeah I only want them to walk as still hoping we are interested on a free next summer