Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Trex

Funny how many people thought Kane was a wuss he didn't turn up in big moments earlier when he was said to be our priority target. Now we went for someone else Kane has become everyone's wet dream who they make up fantasy scenarios were we get him in.

Bwuk

If we get;

30m for Maguire
40m for McTominay
10m for Fred
10m for Donny

We'd be absolutely mental to not just offer that money to Spurs. Let Bayern agree the fee with Spurs and then match it, and give Kane a decision to make.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we get;

30m for Maguire
40m for McTominay
10m for Fred
10m for Donny

We'd be absolutely mental to not just offer that money to Spurs. Let Bayern agree the fee with Spurs and then match it, and give Kane a decision to make.
1. We have other positions to fill and selling those four leave bigger gaps.
2. Levy is under no obligation to accept our bid even if he's accepted theirs
3. Even if he was inclined to do so, he would want a hefty premium.

Bwuk

1. We have other positions to fill and selling those four leave bigger gaps.
2. Levy is under no obligation to accept our bid even if he's accepted theirs
3. Even if he was inclined to do so, he would want a hefty premium.
1. I don't agree. We couldn't score to save our life last season, it'd be madness to hope Hojlund alone can bridge that gap. Mount alone will cover the minutes Fred/McT got, Hannibal & Mainoo can support as depth. Donny never played and we were playing Shaw as a CB ahead of Maguire.

2. & 3. Do you think Kane would rather move to Germany and the Bundesliga than stay at United? He can refuse the Bayern offer and push Levy to accept ours when we know the fee. I can't think of a single instance where one club has had an offer accepted and another has bid the same but had it rejected.

Adisa

1. I don't agree. We couldn't score to save our life last season, it'd be madness to hope Hojlund alone can bridge that gap. Mount alone will cover the minutes Fred/McT got, Hannibal & Mainoo can support as depth. Donny never played and we were playing Shaw as a CB ahead of Maguire.

2. & 3. Do you think Kane would rather move to Germany and the Bundesliga than stay at United? He can refuse the Bayern offer and push Levy to accept ours when we know the fee. I can't think of a single instance where one club has had an offer accepted and another has bid the same but had it rejected.
We are in multiple competitions something ETH has said on multiple occasions. He needs bodies and competition for places. He said so again this week.
Your second paragraph sounds a lot like Neville's conspiracy theory. Bayern are not bidding multiple times for a player they aren't sure wants to join.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If it were me, I'd look at my options and think, how many players have a Bundesliga title? Hundreds.
How many Premier League all time top goal scorers are there? One.

We don't know Harry Kane personally, of course, so we all just speculate how important it is for him to either win a medal or be the Premier league all time top goalscorer.
Personally, I just don't see him walking away from the Premier League after 9 seasons and being so close to breaking Shearer's record.

So I have always felt that Kane would stay at Spurs this season, adding another 20+ goals to his tally.
Then he is a Free man, and can choose wherever he wants to go, maybe United or even Newcastle...and break the record there.
How ironic would it be if he joined Newcastle and broke Shearer's record whilst wearing their shirt.
Wouldn't even surprise me much if he signed a new deal with Spurs, he seems the type of guy that would.

Loon

:lol:
If he stays at Spurs, when the window opens in Jan, Levy (or his boss to be more accurate) could be faced with take £40m or lose him for nothing in four months.

Levy may have his pride, but he doesn’t own the club.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we get;

30m for Maguire
40m for McTominay
10m for Fred
10m for Donny

They'd just laugh at that offer. We should not approach Levy without close to a world record fee, or at least breaking the British record fee, he considers us rivals.

Loon

It seems to me that the United magical aura for players is mostly gone now, after years of underachieving. Its now mainly just in places like Scandinavia, Africa and Asia, where United still looms large.
That’s not true at all. Even when we were truly shit in the 70s, players wanted to come and play for United.

Superunknown

If we get;

30m for Maguire
40m for McTominay
10m for Fred
10m for Donny

There's absolutely no harm in us putting another bid in, although we're now doing it from an improved position of strength now that we have invested in Højlund. The headache would be what would we do if we did actually get a bid accepted and how would we accommodate both Højlund and Kane in the same side, especially same starting 11. The other thing would be what sort of message would that send to him? We've just spent a lot of money on him, and now are spending an even greater amount on Kane.

We do need goals and goals are still going to be an issue for us next season.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I do think there’s a move possible if we do sell the players we’re supposed to. Agree with Gary on this one.
its an interesting theory and I do get the feeling that Utd are not finished with the striker position yet. Neville probably has got a good enough gauge on the character of Kane at this stage to be able too call this, although so does Daniel Levy. This could be last day of window coup or bust.

Loon

Funny how many people thought Kane was a wuss he didn't turn up in big moments earlier when he was said to be our priority target. Now we went for someone else Kane has become everyone's wet dream who they make up fantasy scenarios were we get him in.
I think it is to do with this “experienced” striker Ten Hag wanted alongside the new kid. Kane seems to be the most promising and obtainable of targets.

I still believe we will buy another striker, Kane or not.

Redcy

He has shown literally no desire to push anything. Bayern appear to have made a near 90m+ offer and they haven't accepted it yet. So you have to assume they are waiting for 100m. Whether you can think of a single instance or not is irrelevant, transfers of this size are pretty rare, even rarer to have multiple bidders. Levy can quite easily turn down Uniteds offer and accept Bayerns, he has no obligation to be fair or equitable.

r0663664

Worships Man City
What Gary say, Kane just wait till the last few days of the window and what Levy that he is not interested in Bayern and he wants United move. Levy has no choice but to find a best deal. That's the only way Kane can come to United, he has to make Levy negotiate with us. If Kane doesn't push for the move, it is almost a waste of time to negotiate with Levy.

Adisa

What Gary say, Kane just wait till the last few days of the window and what Levy that he is not interested in Bayern and he wants United move. Levy has no choice but to find a best deal. That's the only way Kane can come to United, he has to make Levy negotiate with us. If Kane doesn't push for the move, it is almost a waste of time to negotiate with Levy.
If anyone believes Kane is going to shaft Spurs like that, I have a bridge I want to sell to them.

Rusholme Ruffian

If anyone believes Kane is going to shaft Spurs like that, I have a bridge I want to sell to them.
Let's assume for a moment that he definitely wants to leave Spurs, and nothing will persuade him to stay, then if he genuinely preferred United he would surely push for that rather than move his young family and pregnant wife to Germany just because that is less objectionable to Daniel Levy?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I dont see him moving this late in the window. I think spurs take their chances of him signing a new contract, and if he doesnt, he gets to go anywhere he wants in a year and get an insane salary.

I honestly dont think he's that interested in moving to Germany. He could just have his pick of top PL clubs in 12 months.

crossy1686

career ending
I dont see him moving this late in the window. I think spurs take their chances of him signing a new contract, and if he doesnt, he gets to go anywhere he wants in a year and get an insane salary.

I honestly dont think he's that interested in moving to Germany. He could just have his pick of top PL clubs in 12 months.
He isn’t leaving on a free, otherwise Bayern wouldn’t be trying to sign him this summer, we know they love a free transfer.

If he doesn’t leave before the weekend he’ll sign a new contract.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
They'd just laugh at that offer. We should not approach Levy without close to a world record fee, or at least breaking the British record fee, he considers us rivals.
Close to a world record fee? So close to 190m? You for real?

Rainy nights in Stoke

I can't think of an instance either, but that doesn't mean it's not likely to happen. Consider Levy's position - he is treading precarious ground with the fans by selling to BM. Selling to us would cause riots. Only way it could happen is if we bid a fair amount above BM (£20mn?) and Kane makes a monumental push. Nothing to indicate either would happen. I'd love it just as much as the next guy, but Gary is just spinning a narrative. Much more likely it happens next summer for free, but with a large sign-on fee to Kane.

Superunknown

There's no way we'd even sanction a deal for any player with money like that.

At the most, I could imagine us putting a late bid in either equalling Bayern's bid or maybe slightly above it. That's it.

Trex

I think it is to do with this “experienced” striker Ten Hag wanted alongside the new kid. Kane seems to be the most promising and obtainable of targets.

I still believe we will buy another striker, Kane or not.
I don't expect any movement in attack. Unless if someone comes in for Martial at the last minutes even still we would most likely sign another Wout Weghorst. Most likely our offense will be reinforced further by MG return and that will be that.

Sarni

Yeah. Bayern just had £94m rejected and may get to £110m+ themselves. Levy won't sell to us unless we beat that considerably. I'd expect £140m to be absolute minimum for him to even consider United bid. £190m is exaggeration, I forgot Neymar's fee was that ridiculous, thought it was around £150m.

Sarni

There's no way we'd even sanction a deal for any player with money like that.

At the most, I could imagine us putting a late bid in either equalling Bayern's bid or maybe slightly above it. That's it.
That's what I'd expect, and I could never see Levy with his perception of United v Spurs rivalry ever agreeing to that. We have to beat their offer by minimum £20m, probably much more.

Superunknown

That's what I'd expect, and I could never see Levy with his perception of United v Spurs rivalry ever agreeing to that. We have to beat their offer by minimum £20m, probably much more.
I agree. Levy will just be an utter dick about this and will raise the price for us to an absurd level.

I see the following happening in this exact order:

- Bayern put another bid in.
- Levy rejects
- Later in the window, we put another bid in at a similar level to Bayern's.
- Levy rejects
- At some point later in the season (maybe just before or around Christmas), Kane will sign a new mega-deal at Spurs, drastically increasing his wages and effectively tying him down there for the duration of his career

Adisa

He isn’t leaving on a free, otherwise Bayern wouldn’t be trying to sign him this summer, we know they love a free transfer.

If he doesn’t leave before the weekend he’ll sign a new contract.
Or they know if he has a free choice, he isn’t choosing them.

Mercurial

Where does the £20m people keep repeating come from?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Where does the £20m people keep repeating come from?
It is BS. People have some weird obsession with Levy and how he is some kind of transfer guru boogeyman.
Based on Caf he will say to Kane; "I am selling you to Bayern for 100mil but if you want to go in United then fee is 120". Rubbish.

scottser

I agree. Levy will just be an utter dick about this and will raise the price for us to an absurd level.

I see the following happening in this exact order:

- Bayern put another bid in.
- Levy rejects
- Later in the window, we put another bid in at a similar level to Bayern's.
- Levy rejects
- At some point later in the season (maybe just before or around Christmas), Kane will sign a new mega-deal at Spurs, drastically increasing his wages and effectively tying him down there for the duration of his career
You reckon he'll sign an extension at Spurs? I really can't see it. He'll be free to talk to other clubs in the January window and there'll be a quite a few showing him the ankle - he'd be mad to commit to anyone without assessing all his options first.

Mercurial

It is BS. People have some weird obsession with Levy and how he is some kind of transfer guru boogeyman.
Based on Caf he will say to Kane; "I am selling you to Bayern for 100mil but if you want to go in United then fee is 120". Rubbish.
Thought as much, thanks.

RuudTom83

If we get;

30m for Maguire
40m for McTominay
10m for Fred
10m for Donny

That's assuming every penny coming in can be spent on a new toy...

But what if that money has already been spend on Mount, Onana, Hojlund.

Devilyouknow

its an interesting theory and I do get the feeling that Utd are not finished with the striker position yet. Neville probably has got a good enough gauge on the character of Kane at this stage to be able too call this, although so does Daniel Levy. This could be last day of window coup or bust.
It's interesting because we haven't assigned Hojland a number as the club is waiting to see what's happening with transfers...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Thought as much, thanks.
We could have just waited for Bayern to do dirty work with sending offers. When one offer would be accepted, we could have just match that offer. And then it would be on Kane to deal with Levy.
But that is over now for us. I hope that Bayern will give up and we will sign Kane for free next year.

Mercurial

We could have just waited for Bayern to do dirty work with sending offers. When one offer would be accepted, we could have just match that offer. And then it would be on Kane to deal with Levy.
But that is over now for us. I hope that Bayern will give up and we will sign Kane for free next year.
Special players have special funding rules i guess. They bring in a lot of economic boost, revenues and new fans that turn the books a bit. This might still have some life in it given that context. But sure looking unlikely and very tricky. Highly doubt he goes Bayern next year if options are wider.

Redcy

What is your evidence that once Spurs accept a Bayern offer they would accept the same from us? I don't understand this idea that because they accept a bid from one team they have to accept another offer from a different team.

Secondly Kane is not dealing with Levy, specifically he is avoiding dealing with Levy. This will drag on an on until the end of the window, United would have been wallowing around waiting for Levt to accept a bid from us, then it would have been about the payment terms, the addons, etc. Levy would have dragged this out as long as he could, it favours him to do so. The later in the window it is the more chance the buying club ups their bid, and if they don't Kane signs a new contract most likely . I reckon if Levy offers Kane 40m at the end of his contract + 400k a week to stay, he doesnt leave.