Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Brophs

The One and Only
That's exactly what I never got about Neville's point.

Harry Kane goes to Levy today and says "I want you to accept the same value offer from Man Utd as I want to stay in England."

Daniel Levy - "Nope"

What does Kane do then? Go and complain to the citizens advice bureau?
Aye.

-Daniel, I’ve made up my mind. I want to move to Manchester United
-That’s great, Harry. I’m really pleased for you. Now I’ll tell you the same thing I tell my wife and that tramp I clipped with my car: in case it hasn’t been clear all this time, I don’t give a shit what you want. Now get out of my office. I’m on hold with NatWest and I have the customer service rep right where I want them.

croadyman

No chance we'll get him. We'd have to bid something like 130m at least to convince Levy to sell to a PL rival and I doubt we have that. Ship's sailed.
Exactly but oh boy are the media gonna really go after us on this one. Will be constantly brought up while he's scoring for Bayern

Rake

If Kane wanted to stay in England, Bayern wouldn't have put lot of effort to make acceptable bids.
You mean like we did with FdJ last year? When all of us (fans) were convinced that there is absolutely no way we'd agree a fee with Barcelona if he wasn't open to joining?

Nicolarra90

That's exactly what I never got about Neville's point.

Harry Kane goes to Levy today and says "I want you to accept the same value offer from Man Utd as I want to stay in England."

Daniel Levy - "Nope"

What does Kane do then? Go and complain to the citizens advice bureau?
That's a £100m "nope" (assuming Kane rejects Bayern). If Levy doesn't care then fair play but I'd think twice about it.

Mainoldo

No chance we'll get him. We'd have to bid something like 130m at least to convince Levy to sell to a PL rival and I doubt we have that. Ship's sailed.
Explain again why we would have to bid more than the accepted bid :lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It seems like being in the last year of your contract doesn’t matter as much these days. If the club really doesn’t want to sell and the buyer is really keen, the discount seems fairly small. The buyers are playing close to the normal market value (Mount, Kane, others I can’t think of), they’re just using the last year of their contract as an opening to make the normal deal happen.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not happening. A lot of teams have money but FFP is a thing.

Nevertheless, what do we do with Hojlund? He isn’t going to be an understudy for 3/4 years while Kane is here. Be realistic.
The plan this season was to get an experienced striker and also a younger one.

vodrake

It seemed pretty clear to me that for both Levy and Kane if Bayern hadn't bid what they wanted then they would have kept Kane to see out his contract, I'm not sure where this conviction comes from that if United put in a random bid now that wouldn't be accepted this would somehow throw a spanner in the works

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You mean like we did with FdJ last year? When all of us (fans) were convinced that there is absolutely no way we'd agree a fee with Barcelona if he wasn't open to joining?
We had 100 tweets everyday saying FdJ doesn't want to leave and it was at best sideways movement and logically a downstep.

This is nothing like that and barely a report that Kane doesn't want to join Bayern.

the_cliff

Aye.

-Daniel, I’ve made up my mind. I want to move to Manchester United
-That’s great, Harry. I’m really pleased for you. Now I’ll tell you the same thing I tell my wife and that tramp I clipped with my car: in case it hasn’t been clear all this time, I don’t give a shit what you want. Now get out of my office. I’m on hold with NatWest and I have the customer service rep right where I want them.
If that was the case then it's not as simple as what you're saying. Levy will have to choose between 100 mill now, maybe 50 in Jan or nothing next summer....

croadyman

Remember that £94.5m figure if this goes through, because that is going to be used against United if we’re struggling at any point and pundits are going to say why we didn’t spend a bit more.

We all know Levy would have set us a price of £140m to sign him :rolleyes:
Yeah this is gonna be Utd you should have paid that bit extra on a whole different level

OverratedOpinion

That's a £100m "nope" (assuming Kane rejects Bayern). If Levy doesn't care then fair play but I'd think twice about it.
Well he has a full careers worth of proof that the 100m doesn't mean anything to him before his principal of sticking to his price.

red.knight

I said this month or so ago. Wait for Levy to accept them throw our bid in on the off chance Kane chooses us.
Kane needs 48 goals to break Alan Shearer's record of 260 Premier League goals, achievable with two more seasons. Honestly, the all-time Premier League goal scorer probably will be more memorable in 20 years than the Bundesliga in 2023.

Time to emulate another Spurs hero. Teddy Sheringham joined United, got himself some wonderful memories and a lovely set of Premier League titles to show the grandchildren. Do yourself a favour Harry... ignore Bayern and join United.

Here is where the money coming from

Maguire £30m
Mctominay £30m
Henderson £15m
VDB £15m
Fred £10m
Bailly £1m
Martial £5m

In any case, it will be interesting to see who Kane is playing for next season.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Why would he do that?
Do you think United is such a big deal nowadays? :D
Nevil just said what United supporter wanted to hear, thats it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Explain again why we would have to bid more than the accepted bid :lol:
We sold Ronaldo for 80 million to Madrid, do you think we would have accepted 80 million bid from Chelesa or City at that time?

Conor

Makes no sense for him to go, wait a year, rack up some goals, and then move to whatever team you want in the PL. The scoring record means far more than any team title, and if he picks the right team, he will end up with multiple trophies anyway.

Judas

Open to offers
Don’t be so silly. We aren’t paying £72m for a player to be a sub for 4 years. Some of you are bonkers.
No obviously we're not, but he should be. The price we paid suggests otherwise, but that doesn't result in him himself being better or further along just because we spunked so much on him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He will surely either move this summer or sign a new contract.

A broken leg, ACL or other complicated long term injury would cost him tens of millions at his age. It’s a massive risk.

Chief123

The plan this season was to get an experienced striker and also a younger one.
So what do we do with Hojlund next season? And the season after? Or do we ditch Kane after one year? Makes zero sense going for Kane now that we have Hojlund. Especially not for 100m!

croadyman

We had 100 tweets everyday saying FdJ doesn't want to leave and it was at best sideways movement and logically a downstep.

This is nothing like that and barely a report that Kane doesn't want to join Bayern.
Yep these situations aren't remotely comparable

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd be surprised if he goes. Bayern would want a 4 year commitment from him and he is 47 goals off of Shearer's record. If he stays, he could beat it in a couple of seasons and then add some cushion to make it tougher for someone like Haaland to break it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How has Levy done that? By playing hard ball and negotiating all summer?

Levy has shown pretty much what he's always shown which is that he will sell a player only on the terms he finds acceptable.
Hes done that just now by accepting a fee from Bayern, coupled with some credible reporting thst hes under some pressure to bring funds in for Kane internally.

If Kane suddenly rejects Bayern knowing United are putting a bid in, then Levy is in a serious predicament. This isn't a Modric situation, hel be under immense pressure to get a deal done and swallow his pride.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
When Levy has an easy way out to sell the player to outside league why will he accept similar bid from us?

People running the clubs are not stupid, as much as fans want to believe that .

We have to make much more larger bid with much more favorable terms for Levy to accept the bid.
Then put it in.