Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Teja

If I was Postecoglou I'd be absolutely fecking livid with Levy right now. Three days until the first game of the season and NOW is when he decides to sell your best player.
I was expecting him to sell on deadline day, so this is marginally better.

I was also certain that we'd play Spurs + Kane + new manager bounce and end up losing but our rivals wouldn't have to deal with that. Now, spurs look distinctly mediocre.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The same player who asked to leave and did a public interview talking about wanting to leave finally gets to the end of his contract where he can go to basically any club in the world with a giant signing on bonus.

He's going to sign a new contract because? Levy is going to do some sort of magic "spin".

Don't see it myself but fair enough.
And then meekly shut up and said no more about it soon after, just like he will this time.

It is go or stay from the club perspective and I think that will be the choice in his mind too. Watch this space.

Yakuza_devils

Forget about Kane. Let's focus on Mbappe next season as a free transfer. We can pay higher salary to Mbappe than RM, surely?

Hopefully by then we will have new owner with new ambitions.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be fair moving to Bayern is his best chance to challenge for CL. Not that they would win with him, but where else could he move to stand a better chance? Apparently City already had Haaland, Real is saving all their funds for Mbappé, PSG is falling apart, and we are not there yet.

Roboc7

He’ll win a lot of trophies there, guaranteed to be in Champions League and may even win it.

Could even go back in 4/5 years time and have a go at getting PL record so it may not be move lots expected but it’s better than staying at Spurs.

James_42

People saying why should we bid because Levy will turn it down, if Kane then says he would prefer a move to United then what does Levy do? he knows he has zero chance of getting Kane to sign a new deal and then he will lose him for nothing the following summer.

If the club can actually afford it I don't see what's wrong with putting in a bid to see what happens, if the club put in a bid without any indication from Kane's agent that he wanted to join them, then that would be stupid.

I just think a move to that league does nothing for him, only trophy that will mean something is the Champions League and I don't think they will win it.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Apparently we signed a deal with Prime and announced that today (The lame ass energy drink of that Logan Paul cnut), surely that is what is making Kane unsure about the move.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Kane was always liable to be sold at any point this summer, would be utterly naive to not know that,
Agreed, which is why he'll be angry about it happening so late. He has no time to get a replacement in. Even if Spurs have a plan for spending that money their season is starting off with this problem.

vodrake

People saying why should we bid because Levy will turn it down, if Kane then says he would prefer a move to United then what does Levy do? he knows he has zero chance of getting Kane to sign a new deal and then he will lose him for nothing the following summer.

If the club can actually afford it I don't see what's wrong with putting in a bid to see what happens, if the club put in a bid without any indication from Kane's agent that he wanted to join them, then that would be stupid.

I just think a move to that league does nothing for him, only trophy that will mean something is the Champions League and I don't think they will win it.
Surely if we'd had any indication from Kane's camp that he actually did prefer a move to United and was willing to kick up a fuss to get that move, we woulnd't have walked away from it earlier in the window and signed another striker instead?

Loon

:lol:
Levy is calling his bluff. He will tell him the club have no choice but to sell if he won’t sign his new deal. He will say that they simply can’t afford to let him see out his deal.

The choice here is to go to Bayern Munich or to stay at Spurs forever and I think Kane will cave, say he doesn’t want to go, and will have signed his new deal by the end of September.
Doesn't he also have the choice to say I'm not leaving and I'll go where I like next summer?

dinostar77

Surely if we'd had any indication from Kane's camp that he actually did prefer a move to United and was willing to kick up a fuss to get that move, we woulnd't have walked away from it earlier in the window and signed another striker instead?
Exactly. We wouldnt have gone through with hojlund if there was any chance of getting Kane. Even if we matched the bid, levy would say no as they dont want to sell to a PL rival.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Kicking up a fuss is different than just selecting an option between clubs. Kane would never push to leave, either it is not his character or does not have a good agent. But if he had the offer on the table, he would most probably select us I believe.

Also, IMO, the only difference between now and early summer is in what position you find yourself in. Early summer, he would be the must signing for us. Now, he is just a great bonus signing.

We have a striker so that we can negotiate from a stronger position. We have a price set from Bayern, so that we are not getting dragged into a long saga. If we were to do this, now is the time. ETH wanted two strikers. We can place our offer, can also raise 10% the one of Bayern as a sweet bonus and see how Kane reacts. If he wants to come to us he can reject Bayern and give Levy a headache since he will have to choose United or losing him for free next year. Nothing to lose here from a United perspective.

arnie_ni

Hopefully Hojlund sees this and makes these plans silly.
If kane stays put and we sign him on a free next summer for 3 seasons it wouldn't be the worst. He can learn from one of the best, rotate in and out and hopefully take over when kane is done.

Obviously we all hope he has a remarkable season and makes it that signing kane even for free is unnecessary.

lsd

The Oracle
the sheer arrogance still going on in this thread is amazing

It's just spoilt entitled United fans i can only hope they are a minority who somehow are all on here.

This belief they have that Kane who isn't a United fan never has been never will be and who has no loyality whatsoever for United is just sat at home playing everyone along until he chooses us is amazing to me.

I've seen so many quotes on here that it's clear he only wants United that I'm starting to wonder did i miss the interview where he said that.

It's like some United fans cannot accept players may actually want other options than playing for us

Big Andy

Bloke
Regardless of the above, we should make an effort to sign him, at least make him an offer. If it gets rejected, or he'd rather go to Bayern, then at least we'd know for sure.

Rusholme Ruffian

Sky Sports saying it's increasingly likely that he's staying at Tottenham.
If this is true then it surely means that Kane has just been using Bayern as a means of smoking out a bid from United? He's been in talks with them all summer and then as soon as they have an offer accepted he decides he doesn't want to go there after all?! Hilarious if true.

Wish we'd just wallop a £100 million offer on the table. Englands best player should have the opportunity to play for Englands biggest club if that's what he wants.