Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Obviously the English league is harder than the Bundesliga, but I think that Spain is still living off of the Messi/Ronaldo memories. Their top teams don't look stronger than their German counterparts.
Shaktar proving my point. I‘d take Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Leipzig over Real, Barca, Atleti and…. Girona.

ForFuchsSake

Outstanding player and as an Englishman, glad to see him kick in to, arguably, a higher gear. Particularly as it’s not for a direct rival. The reality is, it was never in question. He’s an elite striker and was the best one available on the market.

Would have loved to see him at United, but you have to be truly naive to think Levy would have sold him for less than £100m. I don’t even think £120m would do it, possibly not even £140m. With that in mind, we did the right thing diverting our attention elsewhere. Even though Hojlund is a gamble and might not work out, that’s a hill I’d be willing to die on.

ti vu

Shaktar proving my point. I‘d take Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Leipzig over Real, Barca, Atleti and…. Girona.
:lol:

I wish you guys luck to save football from Liverpool, City from destroying the European competitions :wenger:

frostbite

Outstanding player and as an Englishman, glad to see him kick in to, arguably, a higher gear. Particularly as it’s not for a direct rival. The reality is, it was never in question. He’s an elite striker and was the best one available on the market.

Would have loved to see him at United, but you have to be truly naive to think Levy would have sold him for less than £100m. I don’t even think £120m would do it, possibly not even £140m. With that in mind, we did the right thing diverting our attention elsewhere. Even though Hojlund is a gamble and might not work out, that’s a hill I’d be willing to die on.
I'd prefer Kane for 150m than Hojlund+Mount+Onana.

Todd

Did Haaland prove he was above the English league by smashing the scoring record in his very first season at age 22?
He proved that he's a freak of nature and the best in the world at scoring goals.

Where else is he supposed to go and play? There isn't a level higher than the EPL, is the thing. The same can't really be said about the Bundesliga.

Haaland was certainly above playing in Germany, I'll say that.

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
You think it is not a good start to the season?

They won all their CL games and have 26 points after 10 league games with a goal differential of 38:7.
Granted, they made a freak exit in the Cup but that was a game that normally ends 5:0 for them. That game is not a benchmark for their season.
Ask any bayern fan if they're convinced. Bayern barely won against Copenhagen, conceded 3 vs United, got humiliated 0-3 at home in the super cup vs Leipzig & struggled at home against Leverkusen.

Last edited:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He proved that he's a freak of nature and the best in the world at scoring goals.

Where else is he supposed to go and play? There isn't a level higher than the EPL, is the thing. The same can't really be said about the Bundesliga.

Haaland was certainly above playing in Germany, I'll say that.
Haaland was outscored by Andre Silva and Patrik Schick in Germany by the way. Really makes you think about the level of the Premier League....

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Ask any bayern fan if they're convinced. Bayern barely won against Copenhagen, conceded 3 vs United, got humiliated 0-3 at home in the super cup vs Leipzig & struggled at home against Leverkusen.
Ask the poster you quoted and you might get the answer of a Bayern fan. As a fellow one, I’m with @Acrobat7. Our start to the season is definitely good. Might not be brilliant, but it is without a doubt good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd prefer Kane for 150m than Hojlund+Mount+Onana.
Would be a dumb way to spend 150m only to still be a mediocre club for the 2 years of elite level play Kane has left in the prem before he really starts dropping..

It's one thing if the the team was playing like a very good team and just missing a CF, or that was the difference for us becoming a top 3 team in Europe. Then go for it. Otherwise it's just dumb planning to spend big on a 30 year old when at best we are a fringe 4th place side until the entire team is up to par and the system is also of a good enough level to compete with Pep/Klopp.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I don't see how. Kane has been brilliant for the best part of a decade.
Not all of us have seen him day in day out. I certainly didn't.
What I expected was a very good striker who might struggle a bit with his lack of pace in our squad. What we obviously got is a total monster. This guy's decision making and anticipation are on a different level. He just seems to be always exactly where he needs to be, and his execution, be it passing or finishing, is sublime. Oh, and he has already proven himself as a true leader. If he sees out his contract here, he will be our next captain, once Neuer has retired.
In my whole life as a follower I've never seen a single guy making such an impact after just 10 games. Bonkers. He's going to make Lewa's legacy quite a bit smaller, me thinks.

Remember the geese

What I expected was a very good striker who might struggle a bit with his lack of pace in our squad. What we obviously got is a total monster. This guy's decision making and anticipation are on a different level. He just seems to be always exactly where he needs to be, and his execution, be it passing or finishing, is sublime. Oh, and he has already proven himself as a true leader. If he sees out his contract here, he will be our next captain, once Neuer has retired.
In my whole life as a follower I've never seen a single guy making such an impact after just 10 games. Bonkers. He's going to make Lewa's legacy quite a bit smaller, me thinks.
Yeah, it's of no surprise to anyone who has watched him play every week for the last decade. The guy is the best striker in the world. Obviously not as quick as Haaland, but a similar calibre of finisher, whilst being on a completely different level to him as a footballer. Some looked down on him because he was at Spurs. Also, some go overboard in their criticism of English players, possibly to counteract those who heavily overrate the mere average/good players. They have always been very foolish in Kane's case.

KeanoMagicHat

Would be a dumb way to spend 150m only to still be a mediocre club for the 2 years of elite level play Kane has left in the prem before he really starts dropping..

It's one thing if the the team was playing like a very good team and just missing a CF, or that was the difference for us becoming a top 3 team in Europe. Then go for it. Otherwise it's just dumb planning to spend big on a 30 year old when at best we are a fringe 4th place side until the entire team is up to par and the system is also of a good enough level to compete with Pep/Klopp.
We were third last year though without scoring a lot, suggesting the structure was there, this season is even worse we can't score goals at all and it's a confidence game. If Kane papers over the cracks of this season at the beginning then maybe the team starts to kick into gear. The new signings haven't made us any better at all, whereas we know Kane would. Kane is still hungry for it, he can easily go to 34 or 35 at a high level. It's not like a 30-year-old that has won the World Cup, Champions League and is looking for a payday.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
IMO the best player in the world right now although I'll hear arguments for Bellingham.

Just love watching him play. It's rare to see such a good goalscorer also be such a complete overall footballer.

Appletonred

With Kane, without wanting to sound obvious, we are in the top 4, and also in the top 2 in the Champions League group, it's very indicative of the club these days to be so unambitious.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
With Kane, without wanting to sound obvious, we are in the top 4, and also in the top 2 in the Champions League group, it's very indicative of the club these days to be so unambitious.
Not sure you would. I got a bit of flack before this season for saying that there wasn't a single player from United I'd want at Bayern. I don't think you guys having Kane would "fix" United. Maybe you'd be top 2 in our group, but not top 4 in the league, for that there's way too much that doesn't click.

Wilt

Amazed as to how many on here didn’t want him at Utd …too old, too expensive blah blah

ti vu

Are you people seeing the goals he is scoring? He is at the end of chances. He is not some prime Messi.

He wouldn't have that many goals here.
Kane also very good at play making, create for others, which we're lacking too. Not saying we would be in top form with him, but definitely not as frustrating when our chance creators are also out of form leaving our CF isolated, and starve of chances.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Yes Kane is a crazily good player and has been for ages. He is like a combination of Lewandowski and De Bruyne and that’s not even hyperbole. He is a little bit slow is the only thing. But he will be going for bloody ages as when his legs have gone he’ll still do a great job for some team as a playmaker as the game intelligence is really maxed out!

BorisManUtd

Terrific player, probably my favorite non-United footballer ever since he burst onto the scene in 2014-15 period. We didn't get him but am happy he at least went to Bayern and not one of our rivals.

theralyst

His all round play is actually fantastic. His passing ability is under appreciated.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Are you people seeing the goals he is scoring? He is at the end of chances. He is not some prime Messi.

From Coman/Sane to Rashford/Antony :nervous:

Blackwidow

From Coman/Sane to Rashford/Antony :nervous:
It actually is pretty distributed who provides for him...

Assists for his goals until now came from
Nobody 3
Sane 2 (just in the last 3 matches, before none)
Mazraoui 2
Phonzie 2
Tel, Kimmich, Pavlovic, Coman, Müller, Goretzka - each one

and he scored 4 penalties

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes Kane is a crazily good player and has been for ages. He is like a combination of Lewandowski and De Bruyne and that’s not even hyperbole. He is a little bit slow is the only thing. But he will be going for bloody ages as when his legs have gone he’ll still do a great job for some team as a playmaker as the game intelligence is really maxed out!
That’s hyperbole.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It actually is pretty distributed who provides for him...

Assists for his goals until now came from
Nobody 3
Sane 2 (just in the last 3 matches, before none)
Mazraoui 2
Phonzie 2
Tel, Kimmich, Pavlovic, Coman, Müller, Goretzka - each one

and he scored 4 penalties
This Nobody seems to be an assist machine so far. Would love him at United.

Blackwidow

This Nobody seems to be an assist machine so far. Would love him at United.
Doesn't nobody help you sometimes, too. Or own goal. Or the handball in the box from a defender?

Nobody is e.g. the player of the opposition that gives the ball away etc. Blocked balls that fall into your paths etc.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

He currently sits at 19G+7A in 15 matches. That's some prime Messi productivity at least

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not sure you would. I got a bit of flack before this season for saying that there wasn't a single player from United I'd want at Bayern. I don't think you guys having Kane would "fix" United. Maybe you'd be top 2 in our group, but not top 4 in the league, for that there's way too much that doesn't click.
I wanted to say that this is a bit over the top. Then I looked at United‘s squad.
Let me put it this way: there aren’t too many I‘d want at Bayern.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I wanted to say that this is a bit over the top. Then I looked at United‘s squad.
Let me put it this way: there aren’t too many I‘d want at Bayern.
Who are the few? I feel like a fit Shaw and Casemiro would be good for Bayern's squad, but besides those two I struggle to think about who would improve their squad... and even those two would likely be for squad depth and not starters.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
You seem very excited but I would gently suggest that you wait until Bayern Munich actually achieve something concrete and substantial behind Kane's goals before you start getting carried away and talking about the reduction of other people's legacies. My issue with him was that he never scored when you really needed him to score in huge, critical games, for both Spurs AND England (World Cup 2022 being the latest glaring example of this - he basically cost England a trip to the final). Scoring lots of goals at the beginning of the season, whilst admirable for a new team in a new league, does not a legend make.

tomaldinho1

Messi would probably have less goals than McT in this side, he'd just never get the ball and when he did and scored, it would be ruled out for Casemiro breathing to loudly near the ref.