Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Who are the few? I feel like a fit Shaw and Casemiro would be good for Bayern's squad, but besides those two I struggle to think about who would improve their squad... and even those two would likely be for squad depth and not starters.
Starters? Maybe Martinez but no one besides him.

Squad depth definietly Shaw, yes. Unfortunately I am not really counting Casemiro and Varane anymore. I think they are done playing at the hightest level.
Mount is someone that I would take as well and Sancho. There is a great footballer in him somewhere and I believe a lot of his struggles are not physical and can hopefully be fixed by a new environment.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
That’s hyperbole.
It is but not by that much. He is not only a goal-making machine but has significantly improved playmaking upfront in our attack. He is also the start of many attacks and is brilliant at passing. Obviously he won't have the same number of assists as De Bruyne, but I'd argue he has the best passing of any central striker in the world at the moment.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
from what i percieve, you fellas bought a couple of them for half a billion quid
Nah, the opposite actually. If we had bought them maybe we would be doing better. But only Antony could fall under this category, but actually not even that as he wasn’t a Nobody at all for ETH.
Plus (multiple) CL winners Varane, Casimiro, Mount were anything but a Nobody.

troylocker

His all round play is actually fantastic. His passing ability is under appreciated.
Kane has no doubt had a fantastic start to the season and is a great player, but his passing and all round play is overappreciated if anything.

Try to rank these player on pass completion rate this season:
Kane, Haaland, Watkins, Lewa, Hojlund and our own, in manys eyes, wasteful Bruno

Answer: 1. Watkins, 2. Haaland, 3. Lewa, 4. Hojlund, 5. Bruno (our wasteful captain) and yes. 6. Kane

Of course, these players do not have identical roles and have different involvementlevels in their games, but 68,1% pass completion rate is low for anyone.
He's good at long passes, but below average for short and medium long passes when it comes to pass completion.

When it comes to the same players and key passes (passes that leads to shots) per 90 minutes:
Bruno 2,66 - Watkins 1,79 - Kane 1,26 - Lewa 1,12 - Haaland 1,0 - Hojlund 0,99

Kane has never produced more chances than he has so far this season in his entire career.
He likes to fall deep and participate in build up and distribution to the wingers more often that the classic 9 (who stretches the pitch more, hangs more on the shoulder of the defenders and spends more time in the box) so usually is more involved in games than players like Haaland and Osimhen.

How do you think his dribbling is compared to other #9s?
This season he's attempted 18 dribbles and succeded 8 times (44%)
Better than Watkins (37%), but worse than Haaland (50%), Lewa (58%) and Hojlund (60%)

He's also dispossessed (from tackles and mishandling the ball) more than some of these guys:
Lewa (4,49/90), Hojlund (3,66/90), Kane (3,4/90), Watkins (3,17/90), our own "wastefull" Bruno (2,73/90) and Haaland (2,21/90)

He almost never carries the ball into the box (0,22/90) compared the others (0,5/90 and more)

He's playing for a great team that produce by far the most chances in Europe (3,14 xG/game vs. Liverpool (highest in the PL) with 2,43 xG/90) and has scored a mindblowing 3,8 goals per match so far. He gets the best service in the business by miles and will have fantastic number for Bayern with his finishing.
He's a great finisher, but I don't think he'll keep up overperforming his xG by 50% the entire season.
He has one goal from outside the box this season and 9 of his 12 open play goals in the Bundesliga is from tapins (+0,4 gxG chances) compared to Haalands 3 out of 9 open play goals for instance.

Taribo's Gap

Kane has no doubt had a fantastic start to the season and is a great player, but his passing and all round play is overappreciated if anything.

Kane, Haaland, Watkins, Lewa, Hojlund and our own, in manys eyes, wasteful Bruno

Answer: 1. Watkins, 2. Haaland, 3. Lewa, 4. Hojlund, 5. Bruno (our wasteful captain) and yes. 6. Kane

Of course, these players do not have identical roles and have different involvementlevels in their games, but 68,1% pass completion rate is low for anyone.
He's good at long passes, but below average for short and medium long passes when it comes to pass completion.

When it comes to the same players and key passes (passes that leads to shots) per 90 minutes:

Kane has never produced more chances than he has so far this season in his entire career.
He likes to fall deep and participate in build up and distribution to the wingers more often that the classic 9 (who stretches the pitch more, hangs more on the shoulder of the defenders and spends more time in the box) so usually is more involved in games than players like Haaland and Osimhen.

Better than Watkins (37%), but worse than Haaland (50%), Lewa (58%) and Hojlund (60%)

He's also dispossessed (from tackles and mishandling the ball) more than some of these guys:
Lewa (4,49/90), Hojlund (3,66/90), Kane (3,4/90), Watkins (3,17/90), our own "wastefull" Bruno (2,73/90) and Haaland (2,21/90)

He almost never carries the ball into the box (0,22/90) compared the others (0,5/90 and more)

He's playing for a great team that produce by far the most chances in Europe (3,14 xG/game vs. Liverpool (highest in the PL) with 2,43 xG/90) and has scored a mindblowing 3,8 goals per match so far. He gets the best service in the business by miles and will have fantastic number for Bayern with his finishing.
He's a great finisher, but I don't think he'll keep up overperforming his xG by 50% the entire season.
He has one goal from outside the box this season and 9 of his 12 open play goals in the Bundesliga is from tapins (+0,4 gxG chances) compared to Haalands 3 out of 9 open play goals for instance.
I always appreciate it when you roll out these analyses.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich

I think you have the right statistics but the wrong interpretation. Kane clearly creates the most key passes of any single center striker out of the ones you've mentioned. (Watkins is playing as a striker in 4-4-2 and thus sharing more space). Given that he is clearly the final target in Bayern's attackk (similar to Haaland in City), he creates 25% more key passes.

Let's keep in mind that the majority of teams are defending heavily against So asking him to carry the ball into the box is a little bit of a tall order.

I've seen both Kane and Lewa play for us and everyone who has been following our matches would agree that Kane is contributing more to playmaking than Lewy did. Both were spectacular, of course, but I'd still rank Kane over Lewa in terms of passing the ball. lewa is able to play very good short passes inside the box when space is tight, but Kane is distributing the ball much more widely.

I agree though , his shots outside of the box are atrocious ;)

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

I've seen a lot of Haaland over the years and unless he's improved his playmaking by about 200% he's not on Kane's level in that regard. Passes completed without context is a worthless stat to measure a players playmaking and passing ability. Kane pins long balls like prime Xabi Alonso or Pirlo, it's amazing to see.

I always knew Kane was good, but I didn't watch all that many Spurs matches. So I didn't know he was THIS good. He's something else. Lewy's finishing paired with superior playmaking. If he was just a little more explosive he would be very close to being the perfect lab-created striker.

heraklion

Kane already proved himself leading PL multiple times playing for a much inferior side than City "without getting the best service in the business by miles". He led the PL in goal-scoring without playing for a top side like City or Liverpool something Haaland could not do even in Germany. Let's see how Haaland would perform if they swapped sides with Kane playing for City and Haaland for Spurs, see if Haaland could carry Spurs like Kane with his non-existent build-up, link-up play skills, dropping deeep and zero creativity.

You're downgrading Kane, one of the most complete strikers of current generation, for his tap-ins in defense of Haaland, the tap-in king.

The same XG stats show Son, Salah, Bowen, Mbeumo, Hee-Chan Hwang, Douglas Luis, Nketiah etc. are doing better than Haaland in the PL. All of these stats come with significant flaws. Players like Andre Silva, Schick, Nkunku, Diaby did similar or better than Haaland playing for non-Bayern teams in Bundesliga.

For ex. dispossession stats, obviously if you touch the ball at times less than the goalkeeper without much involvement in the build-up play, you'll get less dispossessed. The more risk-taker you are like most playmakers looking for opportunities to create something out of nothing, the more likely you'll get dispossessed. Leao, KDB, Neymar, Messi. Vinicius, Mbappe all have high dispossession stats.

Last edited:

cyberman

He must know he wasted his career at Spurs. I’m sure he’s loving life but imagine him at 25 doing this and being able to plan a move to Madrid etc in a few years and sample the style of football in most top leagues

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He must know he wasted his career at Spurs. I’m sure he’s living life but imagine him at 25 doing this and being able to plan a move to Madrid etc in a few years and sample the sylvite of football in most top leagues
Who cares? Whatever happened let him to us and that’s all that matters. :drool:

plex

This guy.. he‘s amazing - another great goal some minutes ago.

Skills

Snitch
He must know he wasted his career at Spurs. I’m sure he’s living life but imagine him at 25 doing this and being able to plan a move to Madrid etc in a few years and sample the sylvite of football in most top leagues
Madrid had Benzema but he could've been amazing with Messi after Suarez's decline.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Madrid had Benzema but he could've been amazing with Messi after Suarez's decline.
Madrid also had CR7 as their striker and Benzema played around him. Kane could have replaced CR7 when he moved to United.

Drainy

He must know he wasted his career at Spurs. I’m sure he’s loving life but imagine him at 25 doing this and being able to plan a move to Madrid etc in a few years and sample the style of football in most top leagues
He must seethe at being denied that move to City a few years back

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You’ve seen Kane and Lewa up close for your team. Who’d you take in their primes?
Kane. Without hesitation. I knew he was good and wanted him badly. But seeing him with better teammates is mind boggling. I expected a lot, but I didn’t expect this. The man is beyond words.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
You’ve seen Kane and Lewa up close for your team. Who’d you take in their primes?
Kane.

He is a bit slower than Lewy, but even a bit more lethal in front of goal and the way better team player.
He is just incredible.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
€95m well spent. Never thought I‘d say this regarding a football transfer

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kane. Without hesitation. I knew he was good and wanted him badly. But seeing him with better teammates is mind boggling. I expected a lot, but I didn’t expect this. The man is beyond words.
Which feels insane to say because Lewa was fecking incredible and one of best strikers of his generation. But yeah, Kane has a lot more to his bag in terms of playmaking and is every bit as lethal in front of goal. Lucky feckers to have had both.

GlasgowCeltic

We know he’s past it, the caf experts have told us that for five years, having told us he’s a one season wonder for the five years before that

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
This guy is so good. He reminds me of Platini. I'd love to see a team with great players built around him in a way similar to Barça-Messi. Unfortunately, it seems like Bayern wants him more like a pure forward.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Guirassy now has 15 in 9. Despite having this amazing run Kane only leads because Guirassy was injured. That's the most absurd stat of this season so far I think
Also Lewandowski's record is 16 in 11, so it's another one up but only just.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
This guy is so good. He reminds me of Platini. I'd love to see a team with great players built around him in a way similar to Barça-Messi. Unfortunately, it seems like Bayern wants him more like a pure forward.
It was like that in the beginning, Kane and Tuchel even said so. But the last 5-10 games he dropped deep more often and played many exceptional passes that especially Sané uses with his great runs.

Things are really starting to click in our attack and Its beautiful to watch.