Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Are you going to tag me every time a team has ten good games? I already told you: strategy transcends patches of form or even individual seasons.
Not every time, only until you admit you were wrong :)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You think Benzema and Lewandowski are winning trophies with Spurs?
Weird to level at Benzema whose heroics carried the biggest team in the world to a CL title. Plus all the times he shone in the biggest club games. Benzema has been renowned as a big game player for a long time.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Vini Jnr, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro

Spurs don't have players like this
It’s literally got nothing to do with that; purely moments of absolute magic out of nowhere from Benzema, particularly in games that were going away from Madrid. Key positions Kane had been in for Spurs where he, and he alone messed up and squandered opportunities. Evidence states Benzema, in those isolated moments mostly does the most impressive things of his career, from his catalogue of insane goals and performances.

Marwood

Such a pointless question. It's like would Guardiola win the league with Spurs. Nobody knows the answer, these 2 players have been playing with top clubs because they're top players. Kane still has to prove it if he wants be called the best.
It's not pointless when the criticism of Kane is that he hasn't won trophies.

Players have different paths, Kane has had an affinity to one particular club, which unfortunately for him, doesn't stand a good chance of winning big titles. Doesn't change who he is as a player though.

Weird to level at Benzema whose heroics carried the biggest team in the world to a CL title. Plus all the times he shone in the biggest club games. Benzema has been renowned as a big game player for a long time.
What have I levelled at Benzema?

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I wonder if some people really watch the game. You would really need to be blind to not see how good Kane is and beat him with the 'trophies won' stick.
Stupid post. We all watch the game. Some of us just put more stock in what a player does in the biggest of moments.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
You think Benzema and Lewandowski are winning trophies with Spurs?
We will never know, but why do people like to pretend that Harry Kane doesn't also play for England? The weak 'Spurs are not good enough to win trophies' argument doesn't apply to the national team.

Marwood

We will never know, but why do people like to pretend that Harry Kane doesn't also play for England? The weak 'Spurs are not good enough to win trophies' argument doesn't apply to the national team.
Do people pretend that?

I don't think so, I just think nobody believes England's "failings" mean anything about Harry Kane.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Do people pretend that?

I don't think so, I just think nobody believes England's "failings" mean anything about Harry Kane.
Why don't they? He's supposed to be the talisman, similar to what Mbappe is for France. The team goes as he goes. Harry Kane could never in a month of Sundays do what Mbappe did in the World Cup final. He's just not built that way mentally. That's my suspicion, he's free to prove me wrong at any point.

Marwood

Why don't they? He's supposed to be the talisman, similar to what Mbappe is for France. The team goes as he goes. Harry Kane could never in a month of Sundays do what Mbappe did in the World Cup final. He's just not built that way mentally. That's my suspicion, he's free to prove me wrong at any point.
That's Just fiction.

Problem here is people believing individuals win trophies rather than teams.

I've asked the question and yes its hypothetical but no harm in guessing.

Are Spurs winning a league with Lewandowski rather than Kane?

Same question goes for England and world cup.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
That's Just fiction.

Problem here is people believing individuals win trophies rather than teams.

I've asked the question and yes its hypothetical but no harm in guessing.

Are Spurs winning a league with Lewandowski rather than Kane?

Same question goes for England and world cup.
Hypothetical questions are pointless. All we can do is look at what has actually happened. And what has happened is that Kane has gone Caspar in the biggest games for both Spurs and England. That's two teams, not just Spurs.

And why are you asking just about the league and the World Cup? What about the EFL Cup? What about the Euros? What about the Nations League?

And there's no point in relying on the old false gambit of 'teams win trophies'. Yes we all know that. The point is that teams rely on great players to show up in big moments when things are tight. We've all seen what that looks like so it's silly to try and pretend otherwise. Did France win the 2022 World Cup final? No. Did Mbappe show up in a way Kane never has in a massive game? Yes.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Hypothetical questions are pointless. All we can do is look at what has actually happened. And what has happened is that Kane has gone Caspar in the biggest games for both Spurs and England. That's two teams, not just Spurs.

And why are you asking just about the league and the World Cup? What about the EFL Cup? What about the Euros? What about the Nations League?

And there's no point in relying on the old false gambit of 'teams win trophies'. Yes we all know that. The point is that teams rely on great players to show up in big moments when things are tight. We've all seen what that looks like so it's silly to try and pretend otherwise. Did France win the 2022 World Cup final? No. Did Mbappe show up in a way Kane never has in a massive game? Yes.
Mbappes performance in that WC final is so overrated, as is he as a player. Ghosted for 80 minutes scored one good goal and got two penalties.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mbappe scored 4 goals in the final 3 were penalties, you think Kane will have a problem scoring these when penalties are his strong point. Likely one of the best PK shooters around

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

France is so much better and balanced than England which makes it easier for Mbappe to shine and win

In the CL Kane has played 1 final with Spurs just like Mbappe with a vastly better PSG

This is the first season Kane will be playing with a team considered one of the top CL teams which Mbappe has been enjoying for like 6yrs

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Mbappe scored 4 goals in the final 3 were penalties, you think Kane will have a problem scoring these when penalties are his strong point. Likely one of the best PK shooters around
Mate if you disagree with whatever they have to say, they will just deem your posts to be clueless :lol:

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Hilarious. He had ONE penalty in a massive game (but still a much less pressurised game that the final) and sent it into orbit. They have space probes still looking for that ball. Of course Kane would have struggled. Because he's a bottler. Every great player fails to show up sometimes, but he fails almost every time.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
France is so much better and balanced than England which makes it easier for Mbappe to shine and win

In the CL Kane has played 1 final with Spurs just like Mbappe with a vastly better PSG

This is the first season Kane will be playing with a team considered one of the top CL teams which Mbappe has been enjoying for like 6yrs
All I hear in the media is that England player for player are better than France, so I'm not sure about that

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hilarious. He had ONE penalty in a massive game (but still a much less pressurised game that the final) and sent it into orbit. They have space probes still looking for that ball. Of course Kane would have struggled. Because he's a bottler. Every great player fails to show up sometimes, but he fails almost every time.
Kane took a penalty in the Euro final and scored
That was probably the biggest game he has played so far

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
All I hear in the media is that England player for player are better than France, so I'm not sure about that
At which bar? Have you seen what England parades in their defence/keeper and compare that to France?

Trequarista10

To dispove your point he would need to play in a World Cup final, so he quite literally isn't free to disprove your point at any time. He's free to disprove it if the performances of he and the rest of his team enable his team to reach a World Cup final while Kane is still young enough to play.

This thread is hilarious.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
To dispove your point he would need to play in a World Cup final, so he quite literally isn't free to disprove your point at any time. He's free to disprove it if the performances of he and the rest of his team enable his team to reach a World Cup final while Kane is still young enough to play.

This thread is hilarious.
Nonsense. Never said anything about a World Cup final. He played a Euros final, where was he? He played a World Cup semi final, where was he? He played a Nations League semi final, where was he? People in this thread are steadily confusing the very good with the great. We've all seen greatness and we all know that it exists in those spaces, not in qualifying rounds or the beginning of a season.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Not true, he scored the first penalty in that game to make it 1-1.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It was always clear that Kane was in that top bracket of world class CF’s (Lewa, Benz, Suarez etc) - but he was always just “at the wrong club” to win the honours to go with that calibre of forward. In that aspect, I’m glad he’s made the move.

In the end, a couple of factors though: it doesn’t matter if he signed for Real, Bayern, City, PSG or Bayern. They’re all so dominant in their leagues that strikers of this calibre will always score bucketloads. I’m just glad he didn’t sign for City. He’d have been a monster and I’d have been forced to dislike him. If he’s able to pull off a UCL win plus a strong showing at the euros….who knows what he could win individually!
I would love to have him right now at Real Madrid. I think it's a shame he spent so much time at Tottenham and he was also unlucky in the sense that a lot of the top teams already had good strikers on their prime.

Trequarista10

Nonsense. Never said anything about a World Cup final. He played a Euros final, where was he? He played a World Cup semi final, where was he? He played a Nations League semi final, where was he? People in this thread are steadily confusing the very good with the great. We've all seen greatness and we all know that it exists in those spaces, not in qualifying rounds or the beginning of a season.
Mate, it was a joke about the phrasing. This conversation is ridiculous and doesn't merit a sincere response.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
At which bar? Have you seen what England parades in their defence/keeper and compare that to France?
Also have the top scorer in Germany and the top scorer in Spain so you can understand the hype

Joel Miller

You’d think Kane was an ex United player with the way people get angry or vexed at anyone daring to point out that he’s not exacting been a man for the big occasion, in spite of the fact he’s played quite a lot of really big games.

Marwood

You say hypotheticals are pointless but in the same post say Kane couldn't do the business in a world cup final. A theoretical point.

You're picking and choosing to suit your argument.