Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

JB7

To be honest I'm sick of seeing so much praise for Kane. Firstly, the best English striker in the Premier League is Vardy, hands down. But he's always being constantly overlooked despite the fact that he won the League with Leicester. Secondly, Vardy shows up in big games. Kane goes missing in them. Take a look at all the big games Spurs played throughout last season, against the big 6 and in the Champions League. What were kane's stats? No goals. He never shows up when it matters.
Firstly, the bolded part is objectively wrong. Vardy is not better than Kane.

Regarding your second point, 30 goals & 12 assists against the other 5 “big 6” clubs would disagree.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would they go for Ronaldo? Just to say he played for them? And passing up on Haaland to get him, doesn’t make sense to me anyway.

Do you think PSG will play Messi as a striker? Or Neymar? Or Mbappe? Last I looked Messi was playing wide again. But that must be the front 3.
It's PSG, there's no chance they miss out on the possibility of adding Ronaldo to that front 3. Read plenty of reports saying it's all but agreed next summer when his contract expires too. The amount of fame and fans that would bring them, having those 2 together would be huge. For Ronaldo, yet more chances at the CL and another league to win the title in, and like with Messi, easy prioritization of national team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Neville is compromised. A player on strike is obviously not the most professional. Is obviously not an angel.

The same man that called a player protecting his face from a direct shot a disgrace.

hp88

I don't agree, obviously there was an agreement between levy and kane that they would accept a bid for him or there would be an easier passage for him out of the club and levy has went back on his word.

Hes making a statement to the board that he won't accept being treated that way. He never refused to train he just didn't show up for it.

I don't think he's the right fit for city though, their style of play is more suited to someone more mobile with pace. Kane likes to drop off to get the ball to help build the attack and if he's in the box it's not in city's gameplay to cross the ball into the box too often for headers.
If it's not a legally binding agreement then Kane knows where he can stick this 'agreement'. It was him that fecked up by signing a long term contract and he knows it. It's on him for not insisting on a release clause. Levy is a businessman not his best mate.
This all sounds very similar to the Grealish situation but his advisors might have been a bit more smarter here as they had a clause added to his contract when he renewed.

It's business end of the day, if you have agreed to do something for X amount of years you need to be prepared to see it out or at least have your get out clause in place.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This all sounds very similar to the Grealish situation but his advisors might have been a bit more smarter here as they had a clause added to his contract when he renewed.

It's business end of the day, if you have agreed to do something for X amount of years you need to be prepared to see it out or at least have your get out clause in place.
100%. Kane shouldn't have been so naive when there is tens of millions of pounds at stake for a guy like Levy.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If it's not a legally binding agreement then Kane knows where he can stick this 'agreement'. It was him that fecked up by signing a long term contract and he knows it. It's on him for not insisting on a release clause. Levy is a businessman not his best mate.
True but you generally trust someone when you've known them for a long time and think you have a gentleman's agreement. If its true and levy has went back on his word then it shows the type of person he is.

I don't think Kane will hit the heights on last season this season if still at spurs, I think it's been tainted for him and won't be the same.

Berbaclass

True but you generally trust someone when you've known them for a long time and think you have a gentleman's agreement. If its true and levy has went back on his word then it shows the type of person he is.

I don't think Kane will hit the heights on last season this season if still at spurs, I think it's been tainted for him and won't be the same.
I just think if you want a move you don't leave it in the hands of somebody else, especially if that person is known to be a very stubborn and difficult negotiator. Kane could have eliminated all of that by insisting on a clause and he was too naive. You shouldn't trust anybody.

AbusementPark

I just think if you want a move you don't leave it in the hands of somebody else, especially if that person is known to be a very stubborn and difficult negotiator. Kane could have eliminated all of that by insisting on a clause and he was too naive. You shouldn't trust anybody.
When Kane signed the contract he was content at the club then the circus with mourinho began. If that wasn't bad enough the amount of managers that turned Spurs down was unbelievable and wouldn't inspire much confidence in the squad especially when the 7th choice man is now in charge after 2 clubs declined him as well.

The result today goes a long way to dispel doubt and I do believe Nuno is a good manager and could bring stability to the club.

Berbaclass

When Kane signed the contract he was content at the club then the circus with mourinho began. If that wasn't bad enough the amount of managers that turned Spurs down was unbelievable and wouldn't inspire much confidence in the squad especially when the 7th choice man is now in charge after 2 clubs declined him as well.

The result today goes a long way to dispel doubt and I do believe Nuno is a good manager and could bring stability to the club.
So why the 'gentlemans agreement' if he was happy to stay. That surely suggests he wanted to go no?

Hellraiser666

Supports
Wuhan
Firstly, the bolded part is objectively wrong. Vardy is not better than Kane.

Regarding your second point, 30 goals & 12 assists against the other 5 “big 6” clubs would disagree.
I'm sure Kane has more than a Premier League title, an FA cup, and a Community Shield in his empty trophy cabinet. No wonder Vardy is not better than Kane according to your objective standards, despite Vardy actually having won these very trophies.

Oh yeah 30 goals & 12 assists against mid range sides. Kinda like how Kane won the Golden boot in the 2018 World Cup because he scored a hat trick against the oh so mighty Panama.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
People still beating this Levy going back on his word drum.

Yes, I'm sure Levy said to Kane that he can go for whatever price City think is acceptable, what we value him at doesn't come into it.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't agree, obviously there was an agreement between levy and kane that they would accept a bid for him or there would be an easier passage for him out of the club and levy has went back on his word.

Hes making a statement to the board that he won't accept being treated that way. He never refused to train he just didn't show up for it.

I don't think he's the right fit for city though, their style of play is more suited to someone more mobile with pace. Kane likes to drop off to get the ball to help build the attack and if he's in the box it's not in city's gameplay to cross the ball into the box too often for headers.
The potential gentleman's agreement isn't specific though, so his statement is fecking dumb. Him not showing up for work is as unprofessional as it gets.

If he had such a strong opinion on his valuation, he and his dumb agent should have stipulated it when they signed that deal.

This is an issue of him and his brothers making. What's hilarious is his team - who he thinks he's carrying, just beat the team he thinks he should be playing for, without him. He's been an utter brat and tried to feign some sort of moral stance against Levy, as he's always been portrayed as difficult, but it's clearly Kane that's causing all the issues.

JB7

I'm sure Kane has more than a Premier League title, an FA cup, and a Community Shield in his empty trophy cabinet. No wonder Vardy is not better than Kane according to your objective standards, despite Vardy actually having won these very trophies.

Oh yeah 30 goals & 12 assists against mid range sides. Kinda like how Kane won the Golden boot in the 2018 World Cup because he scored a hat trick against the oh so mighty Panama.
Mid-range sides? The 30 goals he's scored against the other so called big six in England of United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal don't matter because those five teams (two of which contested the fecking Champions League final last season) are "mid-range sides"?

As for Vardy having a title and Kane not, does that mean Divock Origi and Michy Batshuayi are better strikers than Kane?

JB7

Some crazy statements in this thread, Kane overrated and Vardy a better striker, 2 absolute classics….WOW!
Don't discount United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool being mid-range sides!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

By that logic Drinkwater is a better midfielder than Gerrard ever was?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Kane actually looks like Southgates younger brother:lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

Neville is compromised. A player on strike is obviously not the most professional. Is obviously not an angel.

The same man that called a player protecting his face from a direct shot a disgrace.
He’s not compromised, he’s a gobshite!

He’s rather quick to label players with negatives & refuses to back down, often compounding his sentiments only to label a player on strike/missing training/whatever the hell he’s doing as ‘the most professional player you’ll see’.

AbusementPark

He’s not compromised, he’s a gobshite!

He’s rather quick to label players with negatives & refuses to back down, often compounding his sentiments only to label a player on strike/missing training/whatever the hell he’s doing as ‘the most professional player you’ll see’.
Maybe Neville has the inside information that is clearly missing from the media and everyone else.

Few years ago I was working for a guy in his company and I was approached for a new job elsewhere, I spoke to my boss (the owner) and he offered me a payrise to stay. Wasn't much extra, 50p an hour, when I declined the other job he went back on his word and cited he had just received a big bill in and couldn't afford it. £20 a week he couldn't afford to pay me extra. Bare in mind I was always available for call outs to breakdowns etc and always hungry for overtime and bringing in extra money for myself and I'm return that's how I was treated. Few other sparks who had only joined a matter of months were given payrises to stay previous to me. Only for them to leave anyway 2 weeks after that. Point is I lost all trust in him after this and couldn't work for him any longer and ended up leaving.

I didnt fully go on strike before leaving but overtime stopped and after hours phonecalls stopped as well, why would I go out of my way to do more for someone I couldn't trust.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be honest I'm sick of seeing so much praise for Kane. Firstly, the best English striker in the Premier League is Vardy, hands down. But he's always being constantly overlooked despite the fact that he won the League with Leicester. Secondly, Vardy shows up in big games. Kane goes missing in them. Take a look at all the big games Spurs played throughout last season, against the big 6 and in the Champions League. What were kane's stats? No goals. He never shows up when it matters.
I'm all for running against the Kane white knight narrative, but he's comfortably better than Vardy.

Number32

I'm all for running against the Kane white knight narrative, but he's comfortably better than Vardy.
Kane has all of the skills set, Vardy has the mentality.
The mentality could brings you a title, Skills set could bring you individual awards.

You have to shows both to be a great player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The mentality could brings you a title, Skills set could bring you individual awards.

Teams win titles not individuals. Kane has the mentality to win the league, the club /team he has been at, doesn't. IMO of course, no-issue with anyone thinking Vardy is better mentally but I'd take Kane as a package over him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Individual players won't win you the titles. Good team along with good managers wins you that.

There will always be some exceptions like Leicester winning PL but it's always the good team with good managers who wins the title.

Suarez won feck all with Liverpool even when he was great player, signed for Barca and won many trophies including treble. There are many examples of players who signed for club with good players and won many trophies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Neville is really terrible, isn't he. He had one single good moment in his career as a pundit, and that was with the ESL. For the rest, he's been a really really shit pundit

Number32

Teams win titles not individuals. Kane has the mentality to win the league, the club /team he has been at, doesn't. IMO of course, no-issue with anyone thinking Vardy is better mentally but I'd take Kane as a package over him.
Kane has disappeared every time spurs need his goal to win something. Same with England though, so he knows the only way to win something is playing at the team who already establish winning mentality.
I agree teams win you a title, but every winning titles team have a Talisman. And Kane won't be the Talisman of any title winning team, but Vardy already proved it.

CM

Neville needs to stop with this most professional player ever narrative. Maybe he was up until a few months ago but this is a clear line in the sand.

Lemansky

I cant see City paying what we want so I'm pretty sure Kane is going nowhere.
What’s the latest? Any leaks from your side? Difficult to see City paying 150 million plus the last weeks of the window, but if they are you surely would be smart to sell.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Depends on what Spurs actually want for him …nobody really seems to know.
I don't know but the rumour is that he wont even talk to City if they offer below £160 million and they are nowhere near that.

Wilt

I don't know but the rumour is that he wont even talk to City if they offer below £160 million and they are nowhere near that.
I’d be amazed if City paid much more than £130m, maybe £140m at a push.

Buying Grealish, City have set the bar themselves.

Is Kane worth considerably more than Grealish? .…yes he is.

Pep's Suit

Depends on what Spurs actually want for him …nobody really seems to know.
They just don't want to sell him so it's moving from 'players involved' to 120M then 130M, now it's probably 150-160M. In the end I think it would be better for all three sides if this transfer didn't happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Really is ironic.

If Pogba was doing this right now to force a move to Juve/Madrid there would be a national witch hunt live on TV, Souness and Neville leading the charge.

Just because Neville has worked with Kane at England for a few years suddenly he can do no wrong :lol: This is why I've lost all respect for Neville unfortunately. He's a very wishy washy man.

I actually think he has a soft spot for City too.

Counterfactual

I think how much Lukaku just went for is important. Kane has about 50% more Premier League goals than Lukaku in roughly the same number of games. With both Grealish and Lukaku being around £100m, Levy can feel justified in asking a lot more for Kane.

I think there could've been a "gentleman's agreement". It was probably as simple as, "if a club offers what you're worth to us, and you want to go, you can go", which seems to be where we are now. City need to cough up what Levy wants.

Adisa

What I find annoying is Neville keeps talking like he has first hand information and that Spurs have wronged Kane, but he won't say what it is.

Adisa

I think how much Lukaku just went for is important. Kane has about 50% more Premier League goals than Lukaku in roughly the same number of games. With both Grealish and Lukaku being around £100m, Levy can feel justified in asking a lot more for Kane.

I think there could've been a "gentleman's agreement". It was probably as simple as, "if a club offers what you're worth to us, and you want to go, you can go", which seems to be where we are now. City need to cough up what Levy wants.
Kane obviously thinks that figure is 100m. He said as much during that interview.