Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Think it's fairly simple.

If a transfer is ongoing between him and City then why would they want him playing?

Imagine a 90th minute Penalty and Kane steps up to take it, do you trust him to score it? what if he misses it by accident but then people think it was on purpose?

Just safer to keep him out of it.
This is a man who swore on his daughter's life that he got a touch on a header (he didn't) to claim a goal. I can't see him deliberately missing a penalty!

Castia

That Spurs squad is shocking no wonder he wants out.

Dreadful side on paper.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair point but is really that big of cnut to miss on purpose?
This is a man who swore on his daughter's life that he got a touch on a header (he didn't) to claim a goal. I can't see him deliberately missing a penalty!
I'm not saying he WOULD, but imagine the chat after if he did miss by accident and then signed for city a few days later?

He's obviously had his head turned, just better to get him out of the way and concentrate on getting the job done IMO. He clearly doesn't want to be there anymore.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Imagine a 90th minute Penalty and Kane steps up to take it, do you trust him to score it? what if he misses it by accident but then people think it was on purpose?

Just safer to keep him out of it.
I'm not saying he WOULD, but imagine the chat after if he did miss by accident and then signed for city a few days later?
What are the chances of that? Them getting a decisive penalty at the 90th minute, Kane, who is obsessed with beating Shearer's record & has a 84% goalscoring record from penalties, missing it & getting a transfer a few days later...

Imagine if aliens kidnap him from his home because he wasn't at the game?

Dr. StrangeHate

What are the chances of that? Them getting a decisive penalty at the 90th minute, Kane, who is obsessed with beating Shearer's record & has a 84% goalscoring record from penalties, missing it & getting a transfer a few days later...

Imagine if aliens kidnap him from his home because he wasn't at the game?
Let's hope he packed vaseline.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
A bit thick perhaps but very talented, a shame he got his untalented and possibly also a bit thick brother to be in charge of his career.
He’s the kind of dumb person that thinks he’s halfway smart.

If Spurs win this game I’m sure there’s a monkey smashing symbols together in his head shouting “See… we knew we were going places didn’t we?” And he’ll have a full chat with this imaginary monkey and decide to stay.

To your second part, that imaginary monkey is a better football agent than Kane’s brother.

In the spirit of unfairness, having yourself photographed in an office that has full on shrines to both your brother, and The Great Escape. I mean come on. Why did anyone stop talking about that office? We still have no answers.

Kane the footballer : deserves a Raiola, and a shot at titles, and the best opportunities. He’s world class and I think he’s great. He needs a conservatorship more than Britney.

Jagga7

I don't think he would be a great signing for City. He would be another player who wants to come short and get the ball to feet, they need someone who can run in behind and stretch teams.

RedCheekz

Levy holds all the cards ….. should be £200 million or nothing. That plastic oil club has ruined Spurs pre season, pep has no class or respect talking about other team players.

If they value somebody at 100m who was from villa that only scores 8 goal in 1 season, never Played champions league , probably less then 10 England caps and basically same age as Kane. Then surely kane is worth double or more.

Then if they do get him , we can all watch Kane downfall and Greenwood take his place as main England striker.

pascell

Would love to be a fly on the wall in our first training session after that win.
Why? He wants to win trophies, just because you've just beat City means nothing, it's one game.

I mean you beat us 6-1 last season and still ended up with Europa Conference League football, so let's not get too carried away.

dove

Blank cheque incoming any minute now. Guess it will be done at £130m or so.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think he would be a great signing for City. He would be another player who wants to come short and get the ball to feet, they need someone who can run in behind and stretch teams.
Yup. Let them get him. Him and Grealish in the front 3 leave only the RW who can and has to run in behind. Haaland would be a nightmare signing for them. Kane would be a big waste IMO.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yup. Let them get him. Him and Grealish in the front 3 leave only the RW who can and has to run in behind. Haaland would be a nightmare signing for them. Kane would be a big waste IMO.
Kane will score plenty for them, like Lukaku will score plenty for Chelsea.
But it does rule Haaland out for both next summer, so it's a case of can we battle the Spanish giants. Barcelona look in a state, so it's all about Madrid.

bosnian_red

Kane will score plenty for them, like Lukaku will score plenty for Chelsea.
But it does rule Haaland out for both next summer, so it's a case of can we battle the Spanish giants. Barcelona look in a state, so it's all about Madrid.
Yup. And Madrid are prioritizing Mbappe. Lukaku to Chelsea, Kane to City, Messi to PSG, Ronaldo to replace Mbappe at PSG when Mbappe goes to Madrid... its United and Ole vs Liverpool and Klopp for Haaland IMO. I don't think he'd want to go to Bayern to replace Lewandowski, doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to live in the Bundesliga the whole time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yup. And Madrid are prioritizing Mbappe. Lukaku to Chelsea, Kane to City, Messi to PSG, Ronaldo to replace Mbappe at PSG when Mbappe goes to Madrid... its United and Ole vs Liverpool and Klopp for Haaland IMO. I don't think he'd want to go to Bayern to replace Lewandowski, doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to live in the Bundesliga the whole time.
Can't see Liverpool being in the mix to be honest. But that'd be a nightmare scenario.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
PSG can always blow us out of the water with wages, I expect they’ll be in for him too.

bosnian_red

PSG can always blow us out of the water with wages, I expect they’ll be in for him too.
Nah they'll go for Ronaldo next summer and have Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo as the front 3. Haaland won't go there. Madrid might be able to do it still tbf, but I think the way the premier league is going right now that it'll be the prem where Raiola pushes him. It's essentially turning into the super league for the near future while the other leagues are in transition.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Nah they'll go for Ronaldo next summer and have Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo as the front 3. Haaland won't go there. Madrid might be able to do it still tbf, but I think the way the premier league is going right now that it'll be the prem where Raiola pushes him. It's essentially turning into the super league for the near future while the other leagues are in transition.
Why would they go for Ronaldo? Just to say he played for them? And passing up on Haaland to get him, doesn’t make sense to me anyway.

Do you think PSG will play Messi as a striker? Or Neymar? Or Mbappe? Last I looked Messi was playing wide again. But that must be the front 3.

Hellraiser666

Supports
Wuhan
To be honest I'm sick of seeing so much praise for Kane. Firstly, the best English striker in the Premier League is Vardy, hands down. But he's always being constantly overlooked despite the fact that he won the League with Leicester. Secondly, Vardy shows up in big games. Kane goes missing in them. Take a look at all the big games Spurs played throughout last season, against the big 6 and in the Champions League. What were kane's stats? No goals. He never shows up when it matters.

Mike Smalling

This comment on YouTube made me chuckle:
I’ve just realised that Pep called Spurs the Harry Kane team, lost to the Harry Kane team without Harry Kane four times, offered Spurs €150m to BECOME the Harry Kane team, lost to the Harry Kane team without Harry Kane AGAIN, and he still has no hair

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He comes across as someone who’s unprofessional at the moment, wouldn’t really want him around the club if this is how he acts. He should have carried on doing what he’s getting paid to do and left his transfer in the hands of City and his agent.
I don't agree, obviously there was an agreement between levy and kane that they would accept a bid for him or there would be an easier passage for him out of the club and levy has went back on his word.

Hes making a statement to the board that he won't accept being treated that way. He never refused to train he just didn't show up for it.

I don't think he's the right fit for city though, their style of play is more suited to someone more mobile with pace. Kane likes to drop off to get the ball to help build the attack and if he's in the box it's not in city's gameplay to cross the ball into the box too often for headers.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I don't agree, obviously there was an agreement between levy and kane that they would accept a bid for him or there would be an easier passage for him out of the club and levy has went back on his word.

Hes making a statement to the board that he won't accept being treated that way. He never refused to train he just didn't show up for it.

I don't think he's the right fit for city though, their style of play is more suited to someone more mobile with pace. Kane likes to drop off to get the ball to help build the attack and if he's in the box it's not in city's gameplay to cross the ball into the box too often for headers.
If it's not a legally binding agreement then Kane knows where he can stick this 'agreement'. It was him that fecked up by signing a long term contract and he knows it. It's on him for not insisting on a release clause. Levy is a businessman not his best mate.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Why? He wants to win trophies, just because you've just beat City means nothing, it's one game.

I mean you beat us 6-1 last season and still ended up with Europa Conference League football, so let's not get too carried away.
Brutal.

Fair. But brutal.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Bit touchy there!

Hellraiser666

Supports
Wuhan
In all the four times Pep lost to Spurs, kane did not feature. People are delusional if they actually believe that kane is surrounded by mediocre teammates. On the contrary, kane is overrated.