Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

copen1945

Levy has done a favor for football by saving itself from the dirty oil money.

dinostar77

So he never did hand in an offical transfer request did he? He's screwed himself. Levys bit*h till his contract runs out. What a plonker.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think more & more players will be running down their contracts . This mess just makes the agents even bigger .

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Man, to think one of England's best strikers in a long time (and potentially one of the best strikers over the last few years) will have a pathetic achievements list when he finally becomes a pundit on Sky Sports.

HARRY KANE
Euro 21 finalist & played for Tottenham.

He'll be sitting next to someone like:

MARC ALBRIGHTON
Premier League & FA Cup winner.

Gums

Man, to think one of England's best strikers in a long time (and potentially one of the best strikers over the last few years) will have a pathetic achievements list when he finally becomes a pundit on Sky Sports.

HARRY KANE
Euro 21 finalist & played for Tottenham.

He'll be sitting next to someone like:

MARC ALBRIGHTON
Premier League & FA Cup winner.
True, but they‘ll probably spin it into England and Tottenham legend.

I‘m more afraid of not being able to follow the valuable depth of inside knowledge he will undoubtedly be sharing with us in his charming and winning manner.

Wilt

Saying “this summer” as opposed to ‘this season’

Ooo Harry, you tease!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Lukaku went for 98mil, and Kane is a level above Lukaku as a striker, Grealish went for 100mil, English tax on top of a great talent. So what is Kane worth? He was both the golden boot winner and assist leader last season, English tax, Levy tax? City would be having to fork out 130mil+ for him. Or 100mil plus a player valued at around 50mil that Spurs need to have Levy consider it.

I do not get this thread making a big deal of his age, he just turned 28, Son and De Bruyne are older, Lukaku, Maguire and Pogba the same age, are these players nearly finished? Chelsea just threw down 100mil on a 'finished' 28 year old Lukaku. Kane is also not someone who relies on his pace like a Bale, what makes him great is his all round footballing ability and lethal finishing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So this crazy contract he signed at Spurs has properly bitten him on the arse, as it should have.

Absolutely brain dead decision that was, why on earth he signed it when the world was his oyster, truly bizarre decision.
The incompetence of his agents has cost him 10's of millions in career earnings both for the contract he signed when he should have been getting the going rate on a world scale of a top striker as well as what he could've earned this window for moving.

Even if he renegotiates with Levy, he'll not get near what would have been the going rate for a top striker at the point he signed the last contract, let alone a new one.

Both he and his brother as well as whoever ironed out that last, clause-free deal have come out of this looking like simpletons who should be nowhere near a shark like Levy. He [Levy] has to have had several laughs along the way dealing with such dim people.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Lukaku went for 98mil, and Kane is a level above Lukaku as a striker, Grealish went for 100mil, English tax on top of a great talent. So what is Kane worth? He was both the golden boot winner and assist leader last season, English tax, Levy tax? City would be having to fork out 130mil+ for him. Or 100mil plus a player valued at around 50mil that Spurs need to have Levy consider it.

I do not get this thread making a big deal of his age, he just turned 28, Son and De Bruyne are older, Lukaku, Maguire and Pogba the same age, are these players nearly finished? Chelsea just threw down 100mil on a 'finished' 28 year old Lukaku. Kane is also not someone who relies on his pace like a Bale, what makes him great is his all round footballing ability and lethal finishing.
Kane has ankles made of balsa wood. He's going to age as a footballer like bread, not wine.

Chief123

Yes but I put my head above the parapet and said what I believed to be true. Do any of us really know what goes on in the war rooms of football clubs?

Personally I didn't want him at that price.
How does that make any difference to you as a fan? You said in another thread that Grealish is fair market value for £100m. But you think Kane isn’t?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Last season Kane had 49 apps for Spurs & 16 for England = 65 apps
[/QUOTE]
You're such an emotional person :lol: I said I personally don’t want us to go Kane’s direction due to him nearing 30, declining athleticism and recently having injury issues. Your reply “he played more than Haaland but let’s make up a narrative”. What narrative?How does that invalidate any of what I said?
I'm not being emotional, just find it funny you say he has declining athleticism when he's played more games than a physical specimen in Haaland. In fact in the past 3 seasons he's played more and more games so this "declining athleticism point" is just a narrative. Yeah, he's older and yeah he will decline. But a scenario of Kane declining is not likely to happen before one where Haaland joins and Raiola causes a circus in year two to shift him back out.
Unless you're posting from the future, he isn't.
Even more of a valid reason.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Kane has ankles made of balsa wood. He's going to age as a footballer like bread, not wine.
He had 2 niggling ankle injuries last year and missed 7 days in Feb, then 6 days in April.

Unless you refer to the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons where he did miss more, I think his injury record is fine. You could argue he's put them aside now after playing what 40 games 2 seasons ago and 50+ games last season. That's not exactly representative of a player who's ankles are "made of balsa wood".

duffer

Scout
He had 2 niggling ankle injuries last year and missed 7 days in Feb, then 6 days in April.

Unless you refer to the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons where he did miss more, I think his injury record is fine. You could argue he's put them aside now after playing what 40 games 2 seasons ago and 50+ games last season. That's not exactly representative of a player who's ankles are "made of balsa wood".
He's had at least 7 ankle injuries, it's absolutely a real concern.

https://www.90min.com/posts/every-ankle-injury-harry-kane-since-2016-how-long-he-missed

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

duffer

Scout
It's a concern if he can't put them aside - but he's quite clearly gotten over them now. It appears he gets niggling injuries as much as any other player but no player who is that fragile would be capable of putting in the games he did last season.
He was out with ankle issues on two separate occasions just last season. One of those occasions involved him injuring both ankles at different times during the same match. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55850070

I hope for England's sake he gets over them but he clearly hasn't yet.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was out with ankle issues on two separate occasions just last season.

I hope for England's sake he gets over them but he hasn't yet.
For 6 days and 7 days. It's really nothing - players without long term injuries face can face that in any given campaign.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's had at least 7 ankle injuries, it's absolutely a real concern.

https://www.90min.com/posts/every-ankle-injury-harry-kane-since-2016-how-long-he-missed
The cause of these injuries are more telling than the injuries its self, nearly all those were cause by collisions/tackles with other players, he gets much to involved sometimes and there is no doublt he is overplayed. Its not like Harry is running around and falling over because of weak ankles, its a case of why let the facts get in the way of a headline. There are many players with far, far, far worse injury records in the PL, who are younger than him also.

duffer

Scout
The cause of these injuries are more telling than the injuries its self, nearly all those were cause by collisions/tackles with other players. Its not like Harry is running around and falling over because of weak ankles, its a case of why let the facts get in the way of a headline.
You can't tell me his ankles are not a concern. I remember wincing everytime Essien even rubbed his knee during a match, it's gotta be similar for you with Kane and his delicate ankles.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You can't tell me his ankles are not a concern. I remember wincing everytime Essien even rubbed his knee during a match, it's gotta be similar for you with Kane and his delicate ankles.
Not really, and that's me being honest, its over played. You go and watch the incidents, most of the injuries were Kane over exiting himself, these were brushes with other players they were all pretty hard challenges. Look at the number of games he completed this season, they arent the numbers of someone who has a chronic injury. You can seriously compare it to Essian's who frequently missed larges chunks of the season.

Do you think Pulisic is injury prone?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
His injury record is so overblown now that it's just a lazy thing to say. The majority of his ankle injuries have been from contact from other players not because he has some intrinsic weakness there. Also he hasn't missed that much football in his career when you compare him to most other players.

RedDevilPure

I don't usually advocate this but if Kane seriously wants to move, he need to literally go on strike. Don't turn up for training sessions, submit a transfer request and refused to play. This is his one and only opportunity. I don't think City will come back for him next season as Haaland is available. That is literally the only way to deal with Levy. What was him and his agent thinking signing a 6 year contract 3 years ago knowing Levy's tough stance and history of making it so difficult for players to move.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Last season Kane had 49 apps for Spurs & 16 for England = 65 apps
I'm not being emotional, just find it funny you say he has declining athleticism when he's played more games than a physical specimen in Haaland. In fact in the past 3 seasons he's played more and more games so this "declining athleticism point" is just a narrative. Yeah, he's older and yeah he will decline. But a scenario of Kane declining is not likely to happen before one where Haaland joins and Raiola causes a circus in year two to shift him back out.

Even more of a valid reason.
[/QUOTE]
Just one point, when Haaland is ready to leave again he will have resale value whereas Kane in 2 years is older and depreciated in value

mu4c_20le

His injury record is so overblown now that it's just a lazy thing to say. The majority of his ankle injuries have been from contact from other players not because he has some intrinsic weakness there. Also he hasn't missed that much football in his career when you compare him to most other players.
Don't care what anyone says, if you injure your ankle nine times, it's no longer accidental or coincidental.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just one point, when Haaland is ready to leave again he will have resale value whereas Kane in 2 years is older and depreciated in value
Yeah, that's one reasonable suggestion to have Haaland > Kane.

But for me as a player it's Kane > Haaland, and he comes circus free. In either case I think we'll get 5 years tops of top performances, for differing reasons.

pascell

What a way to tarnish yourself. Same happened to Rooney, club legend and rightly one of our great players but for me his legacy is tarnished because of the transfer requests.
Completely different scenarios, one had one multiple PL and a CL and submitted a transfer request as he wasn't sure we'd stay at that level because of our transfers. The other wants to move just to win a trophy because his team are that shit they can't even qualify for the Europa League.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, that's one reasonable suggestion to have Haaland > Kane.

But for me as a player it's Kane > Haaland, and he comes circus free. In either case I think we'll get 5 years tops of top performances, for differing reasons.
I personally think as a goal scorer Haaland is more of the striker that ole likes, someone who will knock his granny over to get in on a chance. Whereas Kane is starting to drop deeper as he gets older ala Sheringham. With that type you need another to play alongside in my opinion.
But depends what ole sees his strikers as being

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I personally think as a goal scorer Haaland is more of the striker that ole likes, someone who will knock his granny over to get in on a chance. Whereas Kane is starting to drop deeper as he gets older ala Sheringham. With that type you need another to play alongside in my opinion.
But depends what ole sees his strikers as being
Yeah you're right, but that's why I like Kane more. He can drop into that role if needed to really influence the game from midfield areas and know that Sancho, Rashford, Bruno are all ready to make smart runs for him. Or he can be the pinnacle of the attack and be fed by Sancho/Bruno. With Rashford and Greenwood being goalscorers, he will have a partner if needed too - and they would work channels and drift just like Son would. For me he can do everything, whereas Haaland does his business in that 12 yard box.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
:lol: :lol: you really couldn't write it, on Bluemoon 60% wanted him, Spurs were dying to sell or we would do a Leeds and Levy was a selling Chairman (probably the biggest crock of shit of the lot.) I tried to explain to one of your fellow supporters the differences in debt, but his response was (debt was debt). I was then banned after pointed out that Abu Dhabi is the capital and the second-most populous city of the United Arab Emirates. He seemed to think there was no connection to the UAE.......
I was one of the 40%. There’s no right or wrong answers on those polls just opinions.
There are idiots and WUMS on Bluemoon the same as on Red Cafe and Glory Glory.