Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
How does that make any difference to you as a fan? You said in another thread that Grealish is fair market value for £100m. But you think Kane isn’t?
Kane at 100m total is about right IMO. 150ish is too much.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don’t particularly but just blowing everyone out of the water takes away any element of sport about it. There’s not much left as it is.
Your club wins the lottery, spends billions to setup a squad, blows away every team that used to beat you 8-0 at some point of time and you are thinking now is a good time to take the moral high ground?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Harry: "I'm ready to give it all! But more money and release clause please"

Daniel Levy: "no"

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
It seems bizarre that Spurs would turn down £150M, or whatever, for Kane.

I can only imagine that they can't find a replacement top striker in the £60M-£80M price range who actually wants to play for them.
City never offered £150m.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Since 2015 -

Harry "old man glass ankles" Kane:
Games missed - 56
Days missed - 312

Jack Grealish:
Games missed - 58
Days missed - 371

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A bit rich coming from you, mate or do you put Asterix’s next to your recent honours as many ask us to?
Asterix?

Its not "rich coming from me". It comes from me with experience. I've seen a load of Chelsea fans try to kid themselves about reality.

I don't pretend Chelsea don't spunk a feckload. We did, we do and there's still no asterisk, Obelisk, Getafix or Mickey Mouse next to any of either sides trophies.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Man, to think one of England's best strikers in a long time (and potentially one of the best strikers over the last few years) will have a pathetic achievements list when he finally becomes a pundit on Sky Sports.

HARRY KANE
Euro 21 finalist & played for Tottenham.

He'll be sitting next to someone like:

MARC ALBRIGHTON
Premier League & FA Cup winner.
Don't forget Champions League finalist ;)

More seriously though, you can paint it that way if you like but he could potentially also be:

HARRY KANE
All time England, Tottenham and Premier League goal scorer

Loads of irrelevant players have medals but only one can claim the above.

cyberman

Since 2015 -

Harry "old man glass ankles" Kane:
Games missed - 56
Days missed - 312

Jack Grealish:
Games missed - 58
Days missed - 371
That doesn’t include the games when Kane comes back too early and plays like a shadow of himself? May as well double that 56

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
That doesn’t include the games when Kane comes back too early and plays like a shadow of himself? May as well double that 56
Yes, it's only Kane who doesn't come back at 100% peak sharpness following an injury.

But even if we go along with that idea it still hasn't stopped him putting up numbers that only a handful of players across the world can match.

cyberman

Yes, it's only Kane who doesn't come back at 100% peak sharpness following an injury.

But even if we go along with that idea it still hasn't stopped him putting up numbers that only a handful of players across the world can match.
But goals isn’t the issue and I can’t think of anybody who literally goes out half fit for weeks on end chasing the golden boot.
Coming back too early is why he be looks so immobile IMO

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
HARRY KANE

That would be a great record to get but there's one important person who would prefer the chance to win big trophies elsewhere and that's Harry Kane.

Even if he becomes top spurs scorer, we all know without a shadow of a doubt that he wanted out and it'll be a consolation prize for him.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Not sure what the point of this post is. :confused:

You're wrong, but I'm not going to tell you what's right?

I did say "or whatever" in my post.
Well how can you claim it's bemusing for Spurs to turn down £150m when they weren't offered £150m? That's like me saying I can't believe you turned down a night with Megan Fox.

If you have any evidence of Spurs turning down £150m feel free to post it.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Asterix?

Its not "rich coming from me". It comes from me with experience. I've seen a load of Chelsea fans try to kid themselves about reality.

I don't pretend Chelsea don't spunk a feckload. We did, we do and there's still no asterisk, Obelisk, Getafix or Mickey Mouse next to any of either sides trophies.
:lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well how can you claim it's bemusing for Spurs to turn down £150m when they weren't offered £150m? That's like me saying I can't believe you turned down a night with Megan Fox.

If you have any evidence of Spurs turning down £150m feel free to post it.
Stop being a smart arse and share what you believe the actual offer was, since you seem to know so much about it!

Offsideagain

Hilarious to see a Bitter arguing with a Chelsea fan about ‘morals’. One supports a club owned by a questionable Russian who is big mates with a bloke that ordered the murder of British Citizens and the other supports a team that has broken FFP rules twice and got away with it, a team owned by a government that throws anyone that criticises them into jail with no trial, traffics young boys to ride camels until they get too heavy and they are kicked out. A team that ‘takes the knee’ against racism which is rife in the UAE and is managed by a twice convicted drug abuser. Hilarious

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Asterix?

* Just trying to add an element of humour. I’m not so fick as you fink.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Stop being a smart arse and share what you believe the actual offer was, since you seem to know so much about it!
City were widely reported to have made two offers. One in June of £75m + £25m in add ons and then one more recently a deal "potentially totalling £125m".

If they had actually offered £150m straight up then he'd likely be their player now.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Hilarious to see a Bitter arguing with a Chelsea fan about ‘morals’. One supports a club owned by a questionable Russian who is big mates with a bloke that ordered the murder of British Citizens and the other supports a team that has broken FFP rules twice and got away with it, a team owned by a government that throws anyone that criticises them into jail with no trial, traffics young boys to ride camels until they get too heavy and they are kicked out. A team that ‘takes the knee’ against racism which is rife in the UAE and is managed by a twice convicted drug abuser. Hilarious
Says a supporter of a club so squeaky clean that their shit don’t stink.
I wasn’t arguing morals just pointing out the hypocrisy of Chelsea calling us out over buying success.
I could spend the rest of the day itemising United’s dirty deeds down the years but it’s old and leads nowhere on a United Forum. Take it to a Neutral Venue and I’ll happily play along.

Castia

Completely different scenarios, one had one multiple PL and a CL and submitted a transfer request as he wasn't sure we'd stay at that level because of our transfers. The other wants to move just to win a trophy because his team are that shit they can't even qualify for the Europa League.
Probably shouldn’t have signed a six year deal then should he, it’s been about 60 years since Spurs last won a trophy

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yeah, that's one reasonable suggestion to have Haaland > Kane.

But for me as a player it's Kane > Haaland, and he comes circus free. In either case I think we'll get 5 years tops of top performances, for differing reasons.
I agree with the Kane > Haaland, for now, I don't think it will be too long before it will be Haaland > Kane. Haaland and Mbappe will be the next superstar strikers as Kane winds down into the twilight of his career and they ascend to dominance.

On the topic of injuries, Kane has been out quite a lot with ankle injuries, not really in recent years however, more earlier in his career, which is kind of odd. His last major ankle injury was back at the start of 2019, in footballing time frames that is when the pyramids were being built.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For Tottenham I just keep thinking selling him for £150 Million will be very wise business.

He's 29, they're going to have to start to think about potentially replacing him over the next few years whatever happens because he's been overplayed so much he's likely to not age very well IMO.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
For Tottenham I just keep thinking selling him for £150 Million will be very wise business.

He's 29, they're going to have to start to think about potentially replacing him over the next few years whatever happens because he's been overplayed so much he's likely to not age very well IMO.
He has just turned 28.

edcunited1878

Your club wins the lottery, spends billions to setup a squad, blows away every team that used to beat you 8-0 at some point of time and you are thinking now is a good time to take the moral high ground?
Their owners have spent billions to setup a football club conglomerate known as City Football Group as part of their sporting portfolio. Their flagship club just so happens to be City. It has allowed their ownership and state officials to have visibility and direct business workings with major cities and local governments and leagues around the world.

Football and sport is just an avenue for the owners to make themselves relevant across the world in another way then they traditionally have been.

Hammondo

Don't forget Champions League finalist ;)

More seriously though, you can paint it that way if you like but he could potentially also be:

HARRY KANE

But the above is meaningless. Winning is what matters.

Crustanoid

Their owners have spent billions to setup a football club conglomerate known as City Football Group as part of their sporting portfolio. Their flagship club just so happens to be City. It has allowed their ownership and state officials to have visibility and direct business workings with major cities and local governments and leagues around the world.

Football and sport is just an avenue for the owners to make themselves relevant across the world in another way then they traditionally have been.
Exactly. Well done

I predict a blank cheque is on it's way from Manchester to London right about now.