Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ndombele = Bruno?

Stop it, my sides!

But sure, let's break down Kane's last ten PL goals. We can start here, two clinical finishes at Everton;

Then a great finish at Newcastle on the angle;

Those Everton goals are actually perfect examples of what I am saying. In both of those goals, he was just standing in the middle of the box, waiting for a perfect serve to arrive. Once he got the serve, he finished them masterfully, no doubt about that - he is a clinical finisher, but compare that to Cavani, who moves around the box all the time, looking for opportunities to poach, create, stretching the defense. Kane becomes useless against highly disciplined and well-structured defenses, because he's too straightforward and static. A good defense wouldn't have given him the space and opportunity the way Everton did in both cases. In contrast, Cavani excels at breaking down dense defenses and parked busses. We need Cavani-style striker, not Kane-style because teams very often play tight defense against us.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Those Everton goals are actually perfect examples of what I am saying. In both of those goals, he was just standing in the middle of the box, waiting for a perfect serve to arrive. Once he got the serve, he finished them masterfully, no doubt about that - he is a clinical finisher, but compare that to Cavani, who moves around the box all the time, looking for opportunities to poach, create, stretching the defense. Kane becomes useless against highly disciplined and well-structured defenses, because he's too straightforward and static. A good defense wouldn't have given him the space and opportunity the way Everton did in both cases. In contrast, Cavani excels at breaking down dense defenses and parked busses. We need Cavani-style striker, not Kane-style because teams very often play tight defense against us.
Perfect service to arrive? He's alert and instantly finishes.

This has to be a wum?

NewGlory

I do read your posts. I didn't realise being 27 means you are almost 30. You also do realise Lewan is 32 and still scoring goals so why can't Kane do the same? I mean he has 5 years on him.

How do you classify outshine? They all play in a lower standard league, so you expect them to get more goals. Haaland has 1 season in the Bundesliga whilst Kane has been producing these numbers for 7 years straight.
Because Kane is not anywhere close to Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra or Cavani (all top class in their 30s). He has all the signs of turning into Rooney or Van Persie and declining at 30.

NewGlory

Perfect service to arrive? He's alert and instantly finishes.

This has to be a wum?
Yes, he is alert and killer finisher, but he is also static. A good defense would have never allowed him the space that he got in both chances, and he was just sitting in one place. That is a certain type of striker. Very different from Cavani

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yes, he is alert and killer finisher, but he is also static. A good defense would have never allowed him the space that he got in both chances, and he was just sitting in one place. That is a certain type of striker. Very different from Cavani
Blimey

TrueRed79

Some posters are actually saying they wouldn't want Kane because they think he'd slow us down, is injury prone and is 45 years of age :lol:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely no way for the price that would be needed to get him. I wouldn't trust those ankles either.

Irrational.

Don’t do this to yourselves guys. Levy would rather peel off all of his skin and roll around in salt rather than sell to us.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Because Kane is not anywhere close to Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra or Cavani (all top class in their 30s). He has all the signs of turning into Rooney or Van Persie and declining at 30.
What are these signs :lol:. If only all strikers were just static in the box and could score 30 goals a season, your judging Harry case he's English and without the flair of some other players, yet he scores and assists season in and season out, and you are portraying him as some injury prone clogger, I have a suspicion you have seen him play very rarely. You say nothing of his work rate, his vision his ability to create.

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

What are these signs :lol:. If only all strikers were just static in the box and could score 30 goals a season, your judging Harry case he's English and without the flair of some other players, yet he scores and assists season in and season out, and you are portraying him as some injury prone clogger, I have a suspicion you have seen him play very rarely. You say nothing of his work rate, his vision his ability to create.
Yeah it’s slightly odd imo, he’s a fantastic player, would love to have him here, no way he gets here though, the price will be too high.

NewGlory

I think we’ll have to, especially if City or Chelsea sign Haaland
They won't. Thankfully Haaland and his daddy have a big fetish for Spanish teams, so he is as good as already a Real Madrid player, unless somebody fecks up in a major way. But yes - if Haaland came to EPL, we'd be screwed with or without Kane.

NewGlory

Keep Cavani, sell Martial, buy Kane?
Or better yet: keep Cavani, sell Martial, develop Greenwood and other youth, buy in areas of more need (e.g. DMF, AMF, wingers).

Wilt

They won't. Thankfully Haaland and his daddy have a big fetish for Spanish teams, so he is as good as already a Real Madrid player, unless somebody fecks up in a major way. But yes - if Haaland came to EPL, we'd be screwed with or without Kane.
Not so sure, Spain are yesterdays news and more importantly they have no money. Even if they could afford Haaland they would struggle to compete for other players. Think if not the PL he’s more likely to sign for Bayern.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Too big a risk to invest thoes kind of funds in. Already has mounting injuries, already lost a yard of pace and already doing the Rooney thing of 'dropping deep to influence play'.

If he was going to do this huge money move, it should have been 2 seasons ago.

It's such a terrible idea, I fully expect United to go for it, as one last demonstration of Ed's incompetence.

NewGlory

Not so sure, Spain are yesterdays news and more importantly they have no money. Even if they could afford Haaland they would struggle to compete for other players. Think if not the PL he’s more likely to sign for Bayern.
We'll see I guess, but it's a shame, really. I am almost certain that with Haaland we could truly compete for top trophies. Too bad he and his daddy don't like us and his agent is a piece of shit. My only hope is that City and Pool won't pay the price they are asking for him

Judas

Open to offers
We'll see I guess, but it's a shame, really. I am almost certain that with Haaland we could truly compete for top trophies. Too bad he and his daddy don't like us and his agent is a piece of shit. My only hope is that City and Pool won't pay the price they are asking for him
We're not getting Haaland because just like everyone else we won't spend the daft money, its nothing to do with people liking us or his agent. It's purely about the price.

red thru&thru

Tony O'Neil reckons a £90m bid is on the table. (Excuse me if this has already been mentioned).

Castia

In this market I reckon Spurs Would take £120m

£90m Would be a decent opening offer but it’s probably all bullshit anyway

red thru&thru

Im not saying Harry isn't thinking about leaving, far from it, but how much did Maguire go for?
Another poster has commented on this.

However, from your perspective (Spurs fans), what would be a realistic acceptable offer from United? That being money, player swaps, combination of both etc

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Another poster has commented on this.

However, from your perspective (Spurs fans), what would be a realistic acceptable offer from United? That being money, player swaps, combination of both etc
No.

But I don’t think pre-Covid comparisons are too helpful.

I think a 100m deal would do it if he makes it known he wants out, pre-Covid I’d have said no chance at that price.
I have thought about this, right now your clubs situation is a bit of an unknown. For me Harry would only leave for a chance to win major honours, currently that's not a guarantee with United. I will be honest if Harry wants to leave, the fee isn't really my concern. I want him to stay till he retires, but if he leaves for £1 id still respect him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some posters are actually saying they wouldn't want Kane because they think he'd slow us down, is injury prone and is 45 years of age :lol:
He seems to spend a lot of time pissing about in the centre circle or miles off the box.
Not sure how that'd work with Bruno.

But the pacy lads would combine well with him. On paper.

But it's not happening, so never mind.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have thought about this, right now your clubs situation is a bit of an unknown. For me Harry would only leave for a chance to win major honours, currently that's not a guarantee with United. I will be honest if Harry wants to leave, the fee isn't really my concern. I want him to stay till he retires, but if he leaves for £1 id still respect him.
There is no guarantee in football. There's just a much greater chance with some clubs than others.
Liverpool won nothing this season, and noone saw that coming.

Tottenham have won 1 league cup in 20 years. United won the same as that in Van Gaal's spell, and more than that in Mourinho's spell, both regarded as underwhelming!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He seems to spend a lot of time pissing about in the centre circle or miles off the box.
Not sure how that'd work with Bruno.

But the pacy lads would combine well with him. On paper.

But it's not happening, so never mind.
So how is he the leagues top scorer and assister?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There is no guarantee in football. There's just a much greater chance with some clubs than others.
Liverpool won nothing this season, and noone saw that coming.

Tottenham have won 1 league cup in 20 years. United won the same as that in Van Gaal's spell, and more than that in Mourinho's spell, both regarded as underwhelming!
You seem confused, do you want a striker "pissing about in midfield!" or not? As I recall Rooney spent a lot of his time in his later years doing just that,

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You seem confused, do you want a striker "pissing about in midfield!" or not? As I recall Rooney spent a lot of his time in his later years doing just that,
Rooney was a mere shadow of his best days by that period. Nobody wants that!