Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Hulksmash

Yes he's going to City if he moves

1) Levy doesn't Deal with Chelsea
2) United don't need a Striker when there's Greenwood , Martial and Cavani

Castia

I can't see City paying what it'll take to get Kane.

What's Levy going to look for? 150m?

As others have said, while they have the money, City don't really do massive deals like this.
They’re already short in attack and arguably their greatest ever striker is about to leave, if ever they was about to smash their transfer record it would probably be now.

Kane at City would be like cheating, scary to think how many chances they would put on a plate for him. If I we’re them I’d be paying whatever it takes.

This level of player only becomes available once in a ....blue moon (sorry) I think they will go all out.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How long until the reports of ‘United using Lingard plus cash deal for Kane’ start

So do I. This has become the acid test of long term planning v signing the big names just because theyre available.
Good luck Darren Fletcher
how often does a player like Kane become available?

He’s the best striker in the PL, behind only Lewi in the world I would suggest.

this isint a Falcao, Schweinsteiger or Sanchez situation.

Judas

Open to offers
Not wanting Kane goes against everything I stand for as a muppet, but I just think we'd do this, then neglect RW again and all the other massive glaring issues.

cyberman

They can’t start next season with Jesus as their only recognised striker that would be crazy. Yes they can play with a false 9 but still it would be taking a massive risk.
They did this season though. Aguero was just a mascot. Theres every chance Pep might play KDB / Foden as a false 9 to keep them both in the starting 11.

Suv666

City usually dont do the mega record breaking transfers. They prefer three 40m transfers over one 120m.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cheers. I think City are definitely first choice. If he’s been umming and ahhing since March, we’d have known about it for a while and probably would’ve been less active in trying to keep Cavani.

cyberman

how often does a player like Kane become available?

He’s the best striker in the PL, behind only Lewi in the world I would suggest.

this isint a Falcao, Schweinsteiger or Sanchez situation.
But Sancho is long term target and is just as good in his position as Kane is in his. Then we have Greenwood who will be moved inside and Haaland coming on the market next summer who is also a long term target for Ole.
Signing Kane just seems like we are putting long terms analysis to the side and going for the now.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
So Spurs, who are having yet another underwhelming season, are just gonna let their best player walk? Not playing CL will make it virtually impossible to replace him with anyone decent.

Judas

Open to offers
It's funny that once this story comes out suddenly in the last international break the City players thought Kane was going there, and yet that little spicy bit of info only comes out now. Almost as if its absolutely bloody nonsense.

DWelbz19

They did this season though. Aguero was just a mascot. Theres every chance Pep might play KDB / Foden as a false 9 to keep them both in the starting 11.
Can’t get away with it again though, Pep will know this. Chelsea already injected an awful lot of money last summer + will do the same for a much more competent manager; Liverpool can’t be as awful next season and their most out of form players like Trent, Alisson, Firmino etc. are slowly coming back into it; We’re ‘a few positions away’ etc.

DWelbz19

It's funny that once this story comes out suddenly in the last international break the City players thought Kane was going there, and yet that little spicy bit of info only comes out now. Almost as if its absolutely bloody nonsense.
No idea on his credentials but the story comes from the guy who specifically covers Spurs at the Athletic, tbf.

But Sancho is long term target and is just as good in his position as Kane is in his. Then we have Greenwood who will be moved inside and Haaland coming on the market next summer who is also a long term target for Ole.
Signing Kane just seems like we are putting long terms analysis to the side and going for the now.
you have to also be flexible. Kane can tie up that position for 3-4 years. Just because it’s not part of a ‘long term plan’ doesn’t mean you don’t consider it.

this happens all the time. RVP wasn’t part of a long term plan, nor was Cantona, nor Sheringham. Sometimes we have to grasp the opportunity.

So Spurs, who are having yet another underwhelming season, are just gonna let their best player walk? Not playing CL will make it virtually impossible to replace him with anyone decent.
that’s just not true - otherwise only teams in the CL recruit decent players. United bought Pogba and Zlatan when we were in the EL.

DWelbz19

I think the ideal thing for them would be to use that money to fix the entire side. Like when they sold Bale and signed a few fair players across the pitch. Just... slightly better recruitment this time. Or like when Liverpool sold Coutinho - that was a more successful example.

A mid 20's striker with a bit of pace and respectable goal figures would do okay. Son picks up some of the slack from Kane's absence, and the rest of the money goes to fixing the defence/patching up the midfield.

LoneStar

Perhaps we can propose Martial plus money for this? Think Spurs were interested him a while ago.

I hope we don't spend our entire transfer budget on him though. He would be a fantastic addition, but we have so many positions to address this summer.

Suv666

Sancho would be decent but imagine saying you dont fancy Harry Kane. He has scored 22 and assisted 13 in 33 games. Top scorer and highest assists in the PL this season.
Phenomenal striker.

romufc

that’s just not true - otherwise only teams in the CL recruit decent players. United bought Pogba and Zlatan when we were in the EL.
There is now way you just compared United to Spurs? United signed them on the premise that they will take United back to the top... Spurs have never been a big club to go back to the top.

They had a good few years under Poch and are back where they normally are now.

United have the ability to offer huge wages, don't think Spurs have that ability too.

Red00012

Yes he's going to City if he moves

1) Levy doesn't Deal with Chelsea
2) United don't need a Striker when there's Greenwood , Martial and Cavani
Utd don’t need a striker ????

Have you watched us this season

cyberman

Can’t get away with it again though, Pep will know this. Chelsea already injected an awful lot of money last summer + will do the same for a much more competent manager; Liverpool can’t be as awful next season and their most out of form players like Trent, Alisson, Firmino etc. are slowly coming back into it; We’re ‘a few positions away’ etc.
But the false 9 seems to suit them. Especially a hard working player who tightens up midfield that helps protect the defense and overload the area Pep uses to control games. Just because they don't sign Kane doesnt mean they cant strengthen that area in the summer.

MDFC Manager

Think I would prefer Sancho over Kane, they'd cost a similar amount and its unlikely we can afford both.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
See what you mean.
Obviously he wouldn’t be too popular if he went to Chelsea, yet in some ways if he signed for them he would be viewed as their no1 player indeed they may even offer him the captaincy. Could be viewed as the missing piece in the puzzle.

If he went to Utd he would be competing with Pogba and Bruno, further more would Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani and Martial be happy playing second fiddle? ....also who would be the penalty taker?

If he goes to City he would be a superstar amongst superstars ....though he would be the penalty taker no arguments!
Yeah in terms of likelihood, I'd rank them:

1. City
2. United

3. Chelsea

But even if you take my bias for Chelsea out of it, and it was just between City and United. To me, I'd view any titles he's won with United differently, slightly more respected (totally the wrong word for it, but I'm struggling to formulate the feeling properly) than him just joining an already established title winning machine and winning more.

lysglimt

Scout
City usually dont do the mega record breaking transfers. They prefer three 40m transfers over one 120m.
This is different - City have an almost complete squad. They can sign Kane as their only signing - and they dont really need much more

Smores

If his team is leaking this then they already know there's confirmed interest. It'll be City and probably announced as soon as the season ends.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah in terms of likelihood, I'd rank them:

1. City
2. United

3. Chelsea

But even if you take my bias for Chelsea out of it, and it was just between City and United. To me, I'd view any titles he's won with United differently, slightly more respected (totally the wrong word for it, but I'm struggling to formulate the feeling properly) than him just joining an already established title winning machine and winning more.
You’re correct. It’s all about legacy and for me I think we could sell a great project. If we hadn’t done feck all last summer and got 0 of the starters we needed then we could go for him. Unfortunately as usual we wasted a year and now need to do too much in other areas to spend what it costs to get Kane.

DWelbz19

But the false 9 seems to suit them. Especially a hard working player who tightens up midfield that helps protect the defense and overload the area Pep uses to control games. Just because they don't sign Kane doesnt mean they cant strengthen that area in the summer.
It's a fair point - and probably why I don't see them going for Haaland, Lukaku, Ings etc. I think Kane is the only one they'd go for, as he is a bit of a 9.5.

EDIT: The penalties point above I know was in jest but that's also another issue point for City he fixes. This season they've had 11 and missed 4. Success rate of 63%. He bags at least 10, really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cheers. I think City are definitely first choice. If he’s been umming and ahhing since March, we’d have known about it for a while and probably would’ve been less active in trying to keep Cavani.
I've seen a few people say similar, and I don't get it.

Cavani is 34, and a superb cover, bearing in mind we don't really have a "proper" centre forward.

If a top class one becomes available, you don't say, nahhh, we've got a veteran signed on for a year!