Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

UncleBob

Interesting.

Perfect player for Guardiolas system, imo. I think they will do their utmost to sign him. Not to mention the insane fee, Levy isn't going to let Keane sod off cheaply, gentlemans agreement on a transfer or not.

Clubs aren't stupid, so everyone will obviously show an interest, but i'd be surprised if Kane doesn't end up at City.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Controversial but I think Kane will be finished at the top level in a couple of years. People age physically at different rates (think Rooney) and he does not look young for his age. Also he has had niggly injuries almost every season.
I suspect this season will be his peak and it could be downhill very shortly. There will be zero resale value too.
I cant see anyone paying what Levy would want and if they do i think they will regret in 2 years time

Relfy

I find it very hard to believe anyone can stump up the money that Levy is reported as wanting, i.e. £150m. We are in a pandemic/post-pandemic world, and I can't see anyone having that sort of money lying around, as one would imagine Spurs want as much cash upfront as possible.

City look like the most logical choice for Kane as they're the best bet for guaranteed success right now which is what he is craving. They also have a gaping hole up front. He'd score for fun with the service he'd get there. City haven't gone massive on a single player yet, but if you were going to buck that trend then Kane would be the one you'd do it for.

It would be unimaginable that we don't talk to his people and put the feelers out there, as well as speaking with Levy and checking his price and potential players we could include in a deal. Martial makes the most sense and I'd imagine would have a bigger impact than Jesse on the overall price tag. Perhaps we offer both? He'd make an instant impact for us and could be the one who brings us back to glory, so we can definitely sell 'the project' and his place in it. We will be playing and competing in 4 competitions next season, so I don't think there is an issue with the whole Cavani situation - there will be plenty of minutes for everyone. Competition for places should be encouraged. I think a lot of fans want to shorehorn players into the first XI, but we need bench options, and as well as Cavani has done for us he is 34 and may still contribute massively predominantly from the bench. Greenwood still get loads of minutes up top and from the right too.

I can't see Chelsea making a deal with Spurs. I can't imagine Levy would get away with selling him across town. I think Chelsea will go big for Haaland or Lukaku, with Lukaku more likely if they go big this summer as it sounds like Inter need to sell. Haaland pretty much has his choice of clubs next summer with his buyout being fairly low for the calibre of player involved.

It should be fun and the rumour mill will be in overdrive the next few weeks! In my estimation the most likely scenario is staying at spurs > city > united > chelsea > abroad

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Don't see how a transfer can happen from a financial perspective, no one is paying what Spurs will ask for an injury prone 28 year old.

Unless he has a release clause I suspect he'll be there till his contract runs down. Barring him going on strike or something like that of course.

CM

I think it's possible Kane still gets priced out of a transfer this summer even with City involved.

£150m would be an incredible amount to spend on one player, even by their standards. More than double what City have spent on any individual previously (shallow as that may sound)

Obviously if he does go you would imagine it will be City though. Given they've spent so heavily on every other position in the squad they could direct all funds towards Kane without having to worry about any other positions in the squad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yes he's going to City if he moves

1) Levy doesn't Deal with Chelsea
2) United don't need a Striker when there's Greenwood , Martial and Cavani
The guy who has scored more than 15 league goals once in 6 years and 10 or less 4 times while contributing little else to the team play?

dal

I made a thread saying would I swap Pogba/Martial/Lingard for Grealish and Kane +c. £50 million

I said I would definitely do that and we would win the league if we did it however I would also take Grealish and Sancho instead.

——————-Rashford——————
Grealish——-Bruno————Sancho

——————Greenwood——————
Rashford—Grealish—Bruno-Sancho

————————Cavani
Grealish———Bruno———Greenwood

————————Greenwood——————
Rashford———-Grealish————Sancho

————————Cavani—————————
Rashford———-Bruno————-Greenwood.

Incredible strength in depth and quality cover in those 6 not to mention we have a lot of youngsters coming in however proven quality helps.

I think we come very close to winning the league with two of Kane, Sancho & Grealish especially if Maguire stays fit all season.

Hughes35

If CIty buy Kane we may as well pack up our bags now and go home. If he stayed fit for them, they would smash the Prem to pieces.

Of we miss out on both Kane + Haaland then it is dark days for us IMO.

I'd love to see Kane here. He would be brilliant.

Pep's Suit

Doubt this transfer will happen. City have maybe £70m available this summer if they keep their current LBs and DMs plus what they generate from sales (Harrison, Herrera, Ilic = £35-40m) and I don't think Levy would accept £90-100m for Kane.

Wilt

Yeah in terms of likelihood, I'd rank them:

1. City
2. United

3. Chelsea

But even if you take my bias for Chelsea out of it, and it was just between City and United. To me, I'd view any titles he's won with United differently, slightly more respected (totally the wrong word for it, but I'm struggling to formulate the feeling properly) than him just joining an already established title winning machine and winning more.
I would rank Chelsea a little closer than that, young up and coming squad vg manager, ambitious owner who’s not afraid to spend. Would be a good fit for Kane as lead player.

Of course the fly in the ointment is Levy so yeah probably not going to happen....

DevTheRed

Am I the only who is slightly sceptical about the thought of signing Kane?

Will be 28 by the time next season starts, famously injury prone.. I mean how long longer will his ankles hold out and will undoubtedly cost at least £150m.

I personally would rather spend the funds on positions that quality is desperately needed, i.e RW, CM & CB.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
the only thing that could see stopping Kane to City is that they have a deal in place for Haaland or Messi - but other than that he would score a ton of goals... his build up play is decent and aguero is leaving so its a pretty perfect fit.

Another good fit could be Aguero to Spurs if its true he wants to stay in the premier league?

cyberman

Not really, he got rid of Ruud. Trying to get rid of Rooney, sold Berbatov and signed RVP.

The man knows when a striker needs to go.
He got rid of players so youth could flourish. I cant think of instances when he blocked a wonderkids development by making big name signings.
He turned down Hazard, Aguero and Silva when we were in for them and it became an auction. Hell he said he would never do business with Spurs again!

NoMidfielders

If he's available I'd delay anything else to get him. It's all well and good saying we have Cavani, Martial and Mason but much as I love him we have no idea how much of next season Edi will be fit for and I certainly can't see him doing another season after that. Martial has been in horrible form this entire season and it may well be time to try and sell him this summer realistically. I personally think that if we let Kane go this summer we may well be sat here next summer with Haaland already going elsewhere thinking we've missed the boat. Having said that, if City decide to focus on Kane and give up on Haaland for now then I think he'd go there anyway.

UncleBob

He got rid of players so youth could flourish. I cant think of instances when he blocked a wonderkids development by making big name signings.
He turned down Hazard, Aguero and Silva when we were in for them and it became an auction. Hell he said he would never do business with Spurs again!
Fergie didn't like the agent fee related to signing Hazard, but we were still in for him. His obsession with agent fees were only related to certain people, he was happy to fill the pockets of a certain portugese agent..

Not sure why we weren't in for Aguero or Silva.

He also said he wouldn't even sell Real Madrid a virus.

meamth

Maybe RVP signature is the only time he signed an established striker to beat City to the title...
You're right. Ah well, I don't want Kane as he is already 28, doesn't matter how good he is.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Doubt Levy would agree to that though
why would kane have signed a new deal without it... so remains to be seen
Also who the new spurs manager is (e.g. if they want the funds for a total rebuild?)
If hes going to move then this season would seem to be a really logical time... hes not too old to command a good fee and is still at his peek for several years - Spurs probably need funds given the lack of match day revenues and the bug new stadium bill
Suspect most of the england players will be on managers instructions to tap him up throughout the euros if he hasnt moved in the next few weeks

Robbo*

Am I the only who is slightly sceptical about the thought of signing Kane?

Will be 28 by the time next season starts, famously injury prone.. I mean how long longer will his ankles hold out and will undoubtedly cost at least £150m.

I personally would rather spend the funds on positions that quality is desperately needed, i.e RW, CM & CB.
i completely agree. I get the impression that Haaland would be a similar price, and would much prefer the younger guy if possible - admittedly doesn’t always work out like that.

redshaw

Seems a lot depends on do City see it as grounds to break their policy. I don't see them spending 150m but if there's an agreement with Kane and Levy, could both parties agree for around 100m. City offering 70m I don't think Spurs would entertain it and use Kane's affection for Spurs to carry on and not cause a fuss.

Also depending on reports, Haaland is ready to be snapped up for a reasonable fee next summer assuming City want a striker to bolster the team. Haaland will demand to play and City would have to setup for it, Kane could be used more in rotation but i don't think he'd be happy with Sergio's minutes in the last two years but a bit of rotation would help Kane's fitness.

Other clubs would be ok backup destinations and I don't put much stock in this London rivalry seems very soft and plenty of players have moved around London. If Roman pays and Levy has an agreement with Kane and could do with a sizable amount he'll take it. United might be the least favourable to Kane, we'll certainly have a battle on for top 4 with Chelsea's newer players settled and Tuchel, Liverpool getting back their two main defenders, I think VVD is that good at giving a platform for wing backs to attack and keep the defence solid

PSG could be a good alternative with Poch if he could convince them at PSG and moving to an English club is too difficult.

Last edited:
There is now way you just compared United to Spurs? United signed them on the premise that they will take United back to the top... Spurs have never been a big club to go back to the top.

They had a good few years under Poch and are back where they normally are now.

United have the ability to offer huge wages, don't think Spurs have that ability too.
grow up. It was one example, and clearly I know a lot more about our transfers than another club. Hence the example.

Just because a team is not in the CL doesn’t mean they can’t sign decent players. Spurs were never a club who bought ready made WC players in any case - very few clubs are.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Kane will go to City and it is likely cash plus players. City has too many players, Spurs can easily get 2-3 from City. I think the deal could be 60-80 million with a couple of players going to Spurs. Ole is looking at a longer term project so he will not sign Kane. He probably sign Harland when his release clause is activated. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a couple of young striker when 1-2 is loan out.

I've seen a few people say similar, and I don't get it.

Cavani is 34, and a superb cover, bearing in mind we don't really have a "proper" centre forward.

If a top class one becomes available, you don't say, nahhh, we've got a veteran signed on for a year!
Of course you don’t. Furthermore they can play together, and there’s more than enough games to go around. If Cavani doesn’t like it, he knows what he can do. Thankfully he doesn’t have such a fragile mentality like many of our fans do.

macheda14

Not really, he got rid of Ruud. Trying to get rid of Rooney, sold Berbatov and signed RVP.

The man knows when a striker needs to go.
Yeh and none of those players are comparable to Greenwood right now. Ruud had upset the squad, Rooney was getting past it, Berbatov was never really a fit.

Greenwood is one of the best young talents in the world.

George the Cat

He’ll go to Chelsea. Reckon he will want to stay in the Smoke. Levy won’t care where he goes as long as he gets the asking price.

Yeh and none of those players are comparable to Greenwood right now. Ruud had upset the squad, Rooney was getting past it, Berbatov was never really a fit.

Greenwood is one of the best young talents in the world.
Greenwood had played 100 games for United - he’s developing just fine. If he’s the player we hope he becomes, then competition is no problem.

DarkDog

Sorry but Kane doesn't fit our system. We are playing fast paced, high tempo, counter-attacking football. Kane is nothing like that. He is basically Lukaku with better touch. And we already saw how that fit us. We need someone with more pace, ideal would be Haaland, but we wont buy him. Man City would be scary as hell if they signed Kane. Pretty much perfect to Bald Pep system in Man City.
Personally I would just continue as we are right now in attack. Would buy world class DM and CB and give more playing time to McNeill and Hannibal next season.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
As much as I'd love for Chelsea to sign Harry Kane, I'm pretty sure going to City makes the most sense to him. He was loyal to Spurs for as long as he could and joining City will guarantee winning major trophies in a course of the next few years, which is why he wants to leave in the first place.

Not to mention, Levi would never sell his biggest asset to Chelsea.

flappyjay

Unpopular opinion get Sancho and put ourselves where we will be very attractive to Haaland next summer.

Castia

Would it be the worst piece of business if Spurs sell Kane (140m) and bring in possibly Grealish (80m) and Lukaku? (85m)

Grealish Lukaku Son

Is a very good front 3.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I would rank Chelsea a little closer than that, young up and coming squad vg manager, ambitious owner who’s not afraid to spend. Would be a good fit for Kane as lead player.

Of course the fly in the ointment is Levy so yeah probably not going to happen....
Levy wouldn't sell Chelsea a virus. It's a nonstarter imo.

For Kane, Chelsea is probably the most convenient move logistically but it would be by far the most politically toxic move he could make.