Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
why would kane have signed a new deal without it... so remains to be seen
Also who the new spurs manager is (e.g. if they want the funds for a total rebuild?)
If hes going to move then this season would seem to be a really logical time... hes not too old to command a good fee and is still at his peek for several years - Spurs probably need funds given the lack of match day revenues and the bug new stadium bill
Suspect most of the england players will be on managers instructions to tap him up throughout the euros if he hasnt moved in the next few weeks
They advanced into a CL final, things were positive. So I guess he felt the team will challenge for trophies

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
His contract doesnt end before 2024, i doubt any clubs will pay what Spurs will demand for him, think he will stay.

Raredaredevil

Has City written all over it. The only main reason he is leaving Spurs is because he wants to win major trophies and as many posters have pointed out, we don't guarantee trophies but City would guarantee him at 1-2 trophies every season.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They advanced into a CL final, things were positive. So I guess he felt the team will challenge for trophies
Possibly - I mean I dont think a raiola or similar high profile agent would have let him sign something on sentiment without a mechanism to get out but I believe his brother is his agent so who knows
https://ck66.co.uk/

I dont think any other leading player has ever signed up and trusted them with negotiations

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'd entertain a straight swap for Lingard, Martial, Pereira, Jones and Romero. That's half a team for one player.

Throw in a loan player too. They were fortunate to loan Frasier Campbell when we signed Berba. I'm sure a similar type loan will be of huge interest for Spurs.

Hughes35

I'd entertain a straight swap for Lingard, Martial, Pereira, Jones and Romero. That's half a team for one player.

Throw in a loan player too. They were fortunate to loan Frasier Campbell when we signed Berba. I'm sure a similar type loan will be of huge interest for Spurs.
Why on earth would Spurs want all those wages and deadwood?

They may consider Lingard and Martial but no club in their right mind would take the others. (No disrespect to Romero but Spurs don't need him)

Zlatattack

They can have Mata, Matic Chong and Dalot too.

Deal of the century.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Why would kane leave a club that fighting for top 4 and join another club that also been fighting for top 4, tarnishing his legacy along the way. He will be ridiculed joining us to do the same. We don't stand a chance at this. City it will be

Sting

Quite ironic that people here seem to think he will stop scoring once he hits 30 but they are adamant 35yr old Cavani is capable of helping us win the league leading the line next season.

Of course we should to be in for Harry Kane! Every top team should be if they can afford him. A player like Kane doesn’t grow on trees. How many players in the league have scored 20+ goals a season consistently for as long as Kane has? Aguero is the only one that comes to mind. Plus every time I watch him he works his socks off for the team and he will be desperate for a silverware at this stage of his career.

I know we have other pressing positions in the team but there is no reason we can’t sign Kane and another midfielder or even a RW especially when you consider the amount of deadwood we (should) will ship off.

There is every chance that this signing will be the title decider next season. If City or Chelsea beat us to his signature, there is very little we can do to change our our fortunes, unfort

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why would kane leave a club that fighting for top 4 and join another club that also been fighting for top 4, tarnishing his legacy along the way. He will be ridiculed joining us to do the same. We don't stand a chance at this. City it will be
Neither Man United nor Spurs are really "fighting for top 4". It's a pipe-dream for Spurs and Man United are a very comfortable 2nd.

Spurs to Man United is a step up in every possible way.

Judas

Open to offers
Neither Man United nor Spurs are really "fighting for top 4". It's a pipe-dream for Spurs and Man United are a very comfortable 2nd.

Spurs to Man United is a step up in every possible way.
Baffling Utd fans need to be told this, such a self loathing bunch at times. One thing saying you can see why Kane would prefer City over us right now, but its obvious we're a step up from Spurs.

Baffling Utd fans need to be told this, such a self loathing bunch at times. One thing saying you can see why Kane would prefer City over us right now, but its obvious we're a step up from Spurs.
it’s a pathetic attitude. I’m sick of seeing and hearing these pathetic, fragile and self-loathing cretins.

they are the same people who can’t enjoy when we win, constantly criticising everything about the club - if you didn’t know where we were in the league you would think he had been mid table for the past decade.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Would be slightly surprised if City goes for him. I think he'll have a Rooney-esque decline rather quickly. They'd be better off signing Haaland. So would everybody IMO.

romufc

There is a big difference actually.

Spurs haven't won a trophy in a very long time, we are still winning trophies.

Spurs challenged for 2/3 seasons doesn't mean they are in the same boat as United.

United are a bigger club, bigger fan base, better chance of winning trophies and players understand and appreciate that.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Imagine being one of the best strikers in the world at 25 years old and deciding to sign a 6 year contract with no release clause at Tottenham fecking hotspur. What a muppet.

Although i firmly believe that Ole and United will challenge for the title next season, from Kane's perspective of wanting to win the league he'll join the team who've won 3 of the past 4 titles and potentially will be European champions.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would be slightly surprised if City goes for him. I think he'll have a Rooney-esque decline rather quickly. They'd be better off signing Haaland. So would everybody IMO.
Rooney was playing top level football at 16, whereas Kane was on loan in the Championship at 20/21. Moreover, Kane has never looked particularly out of shape or been known for drinking a lot or eating unhealthily.

Rooney was playing top level football at 16, whereas Kane was on loan in the Championship at 20/21. Moreover, Kane has never looked particularly out of shape or been known for drinking a lot or eating unhealthily.
He doesn’t have much pace either.

The biggest difference is hunger. By 27 Rooney had won everything, he had been part of great teams. Kane hasn’t had that.

TheGodsInRed

He has had 6 long injuries in his career though. That takes it toll. Especially the ankle ones.

Raw

We've got too many holes to spunk our transfer budget on one player. Really would love to see Kane at United but it's not happening.

Makes far too much sense for City to get him, they'll be 10+ points ahead by Christmas with him while the others scramble for 2nd. Kane gets his dream of winning trophies and he'll surge towards Shearer's record.

DULLAGHAN

He's one of the few world class strikers in the game, he has premier League experience performing at the highest level. We have to at least try to sign him.

He turns all those draws in January when we where top of the table into wins. If we get 4 years out of him then it's worth it as we'll be in title contention every year we have him. As he winds down in his 30s we'll then have a greenwood coming into his prime who's learned from both Cavani and Kane.

People are saying we don't need him, we have.....

When we where the best in Europe we had Cole, Yorke, Teddy and Ole then we had Rooney, Ronaldo, Teves and added berbatov. You can't have too many top strikers. Kane is the best in the world in his position.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He’s not moving to Liverpool. If we had that kind of money we’d probably try for Sancho or Haaland. I’d love Kane here but of all the clubs who won’t be able to pay levy what he wants, we’d be right near the top.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Would it be the worst piece of business if Spurs sell Kane (140m) and bring in possibly Grealish (80m) and Lukaku? (85m)

Grealish Lukaku Son

Is a very good front 3.
Why would Lukaku go to Spurs?
Why would Grealish go to Spurs?

Spurs would be a very unattractive club to join without Kane and they don’t offer high wages either so neither player would get a pay increase.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
for him to go public like that he's obviously been tapped up and promised a transfer. 100% city unfortunately, ticks every box.

Lentwood

Few of my non-Utd supporting mates seem to think we'll be all over this but I'm not so sure.

Under Moyes, LvG and Jose I think we would have been flinging bucket-loads of cash about, hoping to make a 'statement' signing, but I like to think the club have learnt from that.

Sure, before anybody says otherwise, Kane is a fantastic player and would 100% improve our XI...so on that basis it's very tempting. However, we have to look at the big picture...Kane is 28 and he is becoming increasingly injury-prone. He would probably cost our entire Summer budget plus a portion of next years' budget. He would also likely want a 5YR contract on 400K+ per week.

I really don't think this is likely to happen and I don't really believe we are seriously interested at the touted prices. If we're ever going to compete with City we need to be smarter than just throwing cash at our problems because City will always beat us at that game. We need to be smart!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
At least we found GlastonSpur's 2nd account.

Why would Lukaku go to Spurs?
Why would Grealish go to Spurs?

Spurs would be a very unattractive club to join without Kane and they don’t offer high wages either so neither player would get a pay increase.
Lukaku wouldn’t surprise me.

if he thinks he’s got something to prove in the PL (which he of course has), he’s not going to one of the top clubs - despite the media inexplicably linking him to City. Spurs is about right.

Grealish isint going to spurs. He’s similar to Kane in signing a stupid contract that really limits his choices.

Few of my non-Utd supporting mates seem to think we'll be all over this but I'm not so sure.

Under Moyes, LvG and Jose I think we would have been flinging bucket-loads of cash about, hoping to make a 'statement' signing, but I like to think the club have learnt from that.

Sure, before anybody says otherwise, Kane is a fantastic player and would 100% improve our XI...so on that basis it's very tempting. However, we have to look at the big picture...Kane is 28 and he is becoming increasingly injury-prone. He would probably cost our entire Summer budget plus a portion of next years' budget. He would also likely want a 5YR contract on 400K+ per week.

I really don't think this is likely to happen and I don't really believe we are seriously interested at the touted prices. If we're ever going to compete with City we need to be smarter than just throwing cash at our problems because City will always beat us at that game. We need to be smart!
personally I don’t think he will be demanding outrageous wages.

any move will pay him more than he’s currently on - and given his likely fee, he’s going to need to be realistic with his wage demands.

slored1

Going to City in my opinion. Sadly they will absolutely batter everyone next season.

Grande

Imagine being one of the best strikers in the world at 25 years old and deciding to sign a 6 year contract with no release clause at Tottenham fecking hotspur. What a muppet.
Any real muppet would have insisted on a one way optional sell-on buy-back clause for a swap deal to a third party agent for a world record sign on fee. Those are the true ways og the muppet.

TrustInOle

I'm actually hoping City are invested in the Messi or Haaland idea, but Kane would be his perfect striker I feel, his build up play this season has be a joy to watch but i would love him here.

Lentwood

Going to City in my opinion. Sadly they will absolutely batter everyone next season.
People said this when Utd added Veron and RvN to the treble-winning team...we won one of the next five titles.

For two and a half years, Liverpool barely lost a football match. Now they are limping into a top four battle going into the last game.