Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

saivet

Eriksen and Tripper both started in the CL alongside Kane and two years later Eriksen has won Serie A and Trippier has a very good chance of winning La Liga. That must be difficult to take, even if he put himself in this position.

Lentwood

I think people are missing the obvious one here....Chelsea

They are struggling for a CF, Kane wouldn't have to leave London and they certainly have the cash.

I don't see the 'rivalry' being an issue. Of course there is a semblance of a rivalry with it being two London-based teams but everybody knows the big rivalry for Spurs is Arsenal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
But I'm not the one claiming anyone is better than anyone, just that you can't say Kane is better than someone who's had much more successful career.

Kane was in a "title challenging" side who bottled it vs Leicester and was in a CL final very recently. So it's not really fact either. Just FYI, was discussing Ruud Van Nistelrooy, not Van Persie. The last comment makes little sense to me as well, considering the all time PL goalscorer scored the majority of his goals for Newcastle.
He played over twice as many games for Newcastle over BR though while scoring around 40 goals more

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why not? What had Inter done before he joined? Everton? WBA?

Not got a clue what you’re talking about.
Inter are now Serie A champions, have one of the best managers in football and are one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Spurs and Spurs. It's a huge step down in football standing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But I'm not the one claiming anyone is better than anyone, just that you can't say Kane is better than someone who's had much more successful career.

Kane was in a "title challenging" side who bottled it vs Leicester and was in a CL final very recently. So it's not really fact either. Just FYI, was discussing Ruud Van Nistelrooy, not Van Persie. The last comment makes little sense to me as well, considering the all time PL goalscorer scored the majority of his goals for Newcastle.
The bold point is your issue, you can't just make broad-stroke arguments like that because "successful career" comes down to so many other variables outside of how good that player is/

And you mean't Ruud? Then even more so! I'm not sure if you're seriously trying to imply that the Spurs sides Kane has represented over the years is remotely anything compared to what Ruud has been around. I mean come on it takes a special kind of logic to think it's all the same being surrounded by Scholes, Keane, Giggs, Ronaldo vs Lucas, Sissoko, Hojberg, Lamela etc. His only strong support is Son over the years.

Re. Shearer, 112 of his PL goals came from Blackburn, where he won the title. Under Newcastle there were a couple of challenges too if I remember correctly.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

The point is that he’s done in England and the PL.
Italy is where he’s really happy and with a great club. Spurs are nowhere near the stature of Inter.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

They are struggling for a CF, Kane wouldn't have to leave London and they certainly have the cash.

I don't see the 'rivalry' being an issue. Of course there is a semblance of a rivalry with it being two London-based teams but everybody knows the big rivalry for Spurs is Arsenal.
You're underselling the rivalry quite a bit here. Kane to Chelsea would run Campbell to Arsenal very close for it's toxicity.

The last time Chelsea tried to sign a player from Spurs, Levy rejected every bid despite Modric specifically stating he wanted Chelsea and only Chelsea. Levy later accepted a lesser fee from Real Madrid than what Chelsea were offering.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

:lol: He joined WBA and Everton because he was young and still improving.

He joined Inter because he wanted to work with Conte and they had a genuine outside shot at the Serie A. He’s now won that and is in the CL next year.

why the heck would he join a Spurs team that is miles off the title and will struggle to get in the CL.

Jaxa

I was watching a Rooney documentary on Youtube yesterday and something struck me,

Rooney could have easily sticked it out at Everton just like Kane did at Spurs and been an Everton legend, he was only 16/17 when we poached him, but he took the risk and seen the bigger picture and it worked out for him in the end moving to Manchester,

I feel zero sympathy for Kane, 3 or 4 years ago he was one of the hottest strikers in the market, Madrid heavily linked with him and he chose to sign a new deal at Spurs which was bizarre and stay in his comfort zone and eventually got what he deserved, he took the easy option and is now 28 with no trophies to show,

I don't even want to entertain the Kane to United rumours, it won't happen, 110% plus i would rather we invest the cash that it would take to get him back into the squad

Castia

Why would Lukaku go to Spurs?
Why would Grealish go to Spurs?

Spurs would be a very unattractive club to join without Kane and they don’t offer high wages either so neither player would get a pay increase.
Answered in my other post about Lukaku, he’s chosen to join ‘lesser’ clubs numerous times, I mean Inter was at a lower/similar level to Spurs when he joined then he’s been at Everton, WBA etc it’s not like they’re trying to sign Mbappe is it.

The Grealish one is the same, I can’t see United going for him, nor City, Chelsea or Leicester so it’s probably Arsenal or Spurs if he was to move club this summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eriksen and Tripper both started in the CL alongside Kane and two years later Eriksen has won Serie A and Trippier has a very good chance of winning La Liga. That must be difficult to take, even if he put himself in this position.
Good point. Even Jermain Defoe is bagging invincible seasons in Scotland.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Imagine trying to justify Lukaku leaving Inter to join Spurs :lol::lol::lol:

I think Kane will end up at Chelsea or City. They actually need him more than we do. He would be a lovely signing, but will really just set us back unfortunately.

Castia

:lol: He joined WBA and Everton because he was young and still improving.

He joined Inter because he wanted to work with Conte and they had a genuine outside shot at the Serie A. He’s now won that and is in the CL next year.

why the heck would he join a Spurs team that is miles off the title and will struggle to get in the CL.
Mate my point still stands Inter were shite and so was those other clubs, it’s not like Spurs are trying to sign prime Neymar is it it’s fecking Lukaku.

He didn’t join Inter because they’re a top team did he, other than this season they’ve been shite for the best part of 10 years, he’s there because he wanted to play in Italy, maybe he doesn’t want to move back to England and that’s fair enough but if he’s open to England and Spurs offer the money there’s no way he’s turning them down.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Answered in my other post about Lukaku, he’s chosen to join ‘lesser’ clubs numerous times, I mean Inter was at a lower/similar level to Spurs when he joined then he’s been at Everton, WBA etc it’s not like they’re trying to sign Mbappe is it.

The Grealish one is the same, I can’t see United going for him, nor City, Chelsea or Leicester so it’s probably Arsenal or Spurs if he was to move club this summer.
There's no way in hell Grealish leaves his boyhood club for Spurs.

That'd be ridiculous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate my point still stands Inter were shite and so was those other clubs, it’s not like Spurs are trying to sign prime Neymar is it it’s fecking Lukaku.

He didn’t join Inter because they’re a top team did he, other than this season they’ve been shite for the best part of 10 years, he’s there because he wanted to play in Italy, maybe he doesn’t want to move back to England and that’s fair enough but if he’s open to England and Spurs offer the money there’s no way he’s turning them down.
Lukaku has played for Man Utd and Inter Milan recently. Why on earth would he step down to Tottenham who are probably 6th or 7th best in England, WITH Kane, let alone without?!

Castia

Imagine trying to justify Lukaku leaving Inter to join Spurs :lol::lol::lol:

I think Kane will end up at Chelsea or City. They actually need him more than we do. He would be a lovely signing, but will really just set us back unfortunately.
I love how football is so in the moment.

In recent times. I get their history. But the league win this year is the first time they’ve won a title in years, when Lukaku joined 2 years ago they we’re floundering along.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Haaland should open to a move to Spurs. He chose to sign for Molde and Salzburg after all.

Lentwood

You're underselling the rivalry quite a bit here. Kane to Chelsea would run Campbell to Arsenal very close for it's toxicity.

The last time Chelsea tried to sign a player from Spurs, Levy rejected every bid despite Modric specifically stating he wanted Chelsea and only Chelsea. Levy later accepted a lesser fee from Real Madrid than what Chelsea were offering.
I do get that it wouldn't be popular but when you're talking about a player like Harry Kane, realistically he's bound to go to a club who is in some way shape or form consider to be a 'rival'...and there's been far more controversial transfers down the years!

I feel like most Spurs fans would accept it. He's given them longer than many would have done to get their act together. They don't really owe each other anything now. Spurs gave him his break, he has scored plenty of goals in return, the trophies haven't come...has to move on and I think people get that.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

It's a massive issue. He won't go to Chelsea

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Lukaku went to Inter thinking he could help them to league title and he was right. Whereas if he went to Spurs thinking he could win a league title, he'd need a brain scan.

That's quite a difference.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Just realised Lukaku dropped Raiola years ago. I was wondering how anyone could think Levy and Raiola could ever get anywhere near an agreement on something Lukaku is unlikely to be interested in in the first place.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I love how football is so in the moment.

In recent times. I get their history. But the league win this year is the first time they’ve won a title in years, when Lukaku joined 2 years ago they we’re floundering along.
The last time Spurs won the league was about 30 years before Lukaku was born though?

Tallis

It's a massive issue. He won't go to Chelsea
You mean Kane will refuse to join Chelsea even if Spurs somehow could be convinced to sell him to Chelsea ? I can see Spurs letting him go to Chelsea at the right price which Chelsea are perfectly capable of paying.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

you’re talking absolute poo.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You mean Kane will refuse to join Chelsea even if Spurs somehow could be convinced to sell him to Chelsea ? I can see Spurs letting him go to Chelsea at the right price which Chelsea are perfectly capable of paying.
I think if he has any sense of loyalty to the Spurs fans, yes. I also think that Spurs will not sell him to Chelsea. They've done it before (with Modric) where they've accepted a lower fee to not sell him to Chelsea.

Look at how many players have transferred between the two teams. It just doesn't happen

antohan

It's Internazionale Milano, so long as money stuff is right you don't bother where they are or aren't right now. And you never, ever, equate them to Spurs, let alone WBA, in the same sentence.

It's Inter feckin Milan. Form is temporary, class is permanent, and all that.

Castia

you’re talking absolute poo.
Maybe

I’m not trying to suggest Spurs are an elite champions league contending side or anything, my point was neither was Inter and up until this season it’s the first time they’ve won anything for a while as well.

I don’t think it would be that unrealistic to see a player leave the mighty Inter Milan far from it.

pastyfool

I think my numbers are correct.

Prem League Goals Scored This Season:

1st — City = 76
2nd — UTD = 70
8th — Chelsea = 55

Focusmate

Supports
Non League

Nah - Inter were champions league and aiming for the title under Conte when he joined - way ahead of where Spurs are now.
And he was at the lesser clubs early in his career when he was on the up - it doesnt mean he would step backwards now.
i just dont think Spurs have that big an appeal - they never win anything have no big name manager lined up and their star player wants out.
Spurs might have a decent shot at getting Danny Ings though.

antohan

Nah - Inter were champions league and aiming for the title under Conte when he joined - way ahead of where Spurs are now.
And he was at the lesser clubs early in his career when he was on the up - it doesnt mean he would step backwards now.
i just dont think Spurs have that big an appeal - they never win anything have no big name manager lined up and their star player wants out.
Spurs might have a decent shot at getting Danny Ings though.
Or, as Christian Eriksen put it:

"The last time I won something was at Ajax so it's many years ago. I still remember the feeling so I want to achieve it here as well"

:lol:

Jpar

No chance he will go to Chelsea. City are the clear favourites but I can even see them spending the money it would take. It stinks of a Glazer signing to appease the fans (and also shirt sales) Rather we signed a winger, a CM and a CB. Although I wouldn't put it past Joel to sign all 4 in a desperate attempt to win the fans trust, sorry I mean attempt to silence the protests. Unlikely though but I can dream.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I do get that it wouldn't be popular but when you're talking about a player like Harry Kane, realistically he's bound to go to a club who is in some way shape or form consider to be a 'rival'...and there's been far more controversial transfers down the years!

I feel like most Spurs fans would accept it. He's given them longer than many would have done to get their act together. They don't really owe each other anything now. Spurs gave him his break, he has scored plenty of goals in return, the trophies haven't come...has to move on and I think people get that.
I don't know a single Spurs fan who wouldn't kick up a massive stink if Levy allowed Kane to go to Chelsea. What you're describing is probably how they would feel if Kane went to United, City or Liverpool. They could probably make their peace with him going to those clubs based on the reasons you stated (very similar to Hazard leaving Chelsea in many ways).

I don't think Levy would even take Chelsea's call, and I don't think Kane would entertain the idea either, otherwise what would be the point in staying loyal for so long if he's just going to completely sever his relationship with the club and the fans.

I think people get that he needs to leave in order to win the trophies his career is lacking, but for the fans, there are some clubs that are off-limits. Arsenal being one, Chelsea being the other.

Eugenius

I think ultimately money talks. I can't see us (listed company, already signed Cavani) and City (passed on Sanchez, Maguire etc on price) going north of £100m for Kane.

Whereas Chelsea don't care about price and have a lot of random players they are hoarding they can offload for decent money too.