Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If Man City offer £150 million and PSG offer £120 million, would Levy be a moron for turning down Man City's money because they are in the Prem?

I think so. Spurs are not anywhere near a title challenge, with or without Kane.

I get why he'd not sell to Chelsea, their fans would go mental.

Rolaholic

So would he rather sell to a team like Real or whoever at a reduced price or hold out for a big fee from a PL club. I can't imagine he'll be willing to run down Kane's contract.
I don't think he'll have much of a choice to be honest if Kane's hellbent on moving on.

The Spanish giants won't be able to afford an insane fee this summer and even if they could, they'd have their eyes on the likes of Mbappe and Haaland instead.

The only team I could see able to afford him would be P$G but I don't know how much that would interest him. Same for Bayern if they sold Lewandowski, you rarely ever see high profile and established English players move to Germany in their prime.

Think he'll either end up going to City for a Premier League record fee or he'll begrudgingly stay one final unhappy year

el3mel

So we signed our main striker on deadline day when we could have signed him at the start of the season. Right you are. :lol:

I have never said Kane is over the hill or too old, merely that our transfer policy is to sign younger players with a view to develop them further. Something that Ole has by and large stuck too unless there's been a bargain (Cavani, Ighalo and Telles)
There's big question marks over Kane's injury record, which at his age and with the money it'd take would be a gamble in the long term.

Interesting to note that we are being linked with a 19 year old forward today too...just saying.
Yeah, that's why we extended Cavani's contract for another year instead of signing a "young hungry forward" to lead the line next year.

I like it when people think they know how the club exactly thinks about transfers just because they are assuming things. Like assuming that Cavani agreed to join us to set on the bench for Anthony Martial and treat it like a fact.

justsomebloke

Should we really be expecting a transfer fee well in excess of 100 million here, given that Kane is forcing a transfer? If you're going to go to that level, why not meet Dortmund's valuation of Haaland instead? Spurs have a line to thread here. If they are perceived to price him out of the market, they risk creating a very bad situation, with their star player and captain unwilling to play for them. Which might put off both potential signings and managerial candidates.

Anyway, lots of upside here. If we get him at or below 100m, or even on a part/exchange basis, fantastic. If we don't, then that's one less competitor in the race to sign Haaland.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Should we really be expecting a transfer fee well in excess of 100 million here, given that Kane is forcing a transfer? If you're going to go to that level, why not meet Dortmund's valuation of Haaland instead? Spurs have a line to thread here. If they are perceived to price him out of the market, they risk creating a very bad situation, with their star player and captain unwilling to play for them. Which might put off both potential signings and managerial candidates.

Anyway, lots of upside here. If we get him at or below 100m, or even on a part/exchange basis, fantastic. If we don't, then that's one less competitor in the race to sign Haaland.
Despite the trend around here, Kane is the superior player albeit for less years as Haaland gives you longevity. I reckon Kane would have a Bruno Fernandes type impact on our team he is that good of a player.

mu4c_20le

City's transfer record is 62m for Rodri, I can't see them paying a crazy fee actually. I think they will wait for the Haaland clause next summer and compete for him. This transfer has got United and Glazer statement all over it.

Matthew84!

I wish it was that easy to get both of them but no chance
True but buy Kane this summer and Sancho next summer maybe?
We've got lots of players to sell so we could recoup lots,
I think lots will depend on
Even 80mil+Martial we can genuinely go for the title.
Give them Lingard and Martial, would help them out having both

Lentwood

I don't know a single Spurs fan who wouldn't kick up a massive stink if Levy allowed Kane to go to Chelsea. What you're describing is probably how they would feel if Kane went to United, City or Liverpool. They could probably make their peace with him going to those clubs based on the reasons you stated (very similar to Hazard leaving Chelsea in many ways).

I don't think Levy would even take Chelsea's call, and I don't think Kane would entertain the idea either, otherwise what would be the point in staying loyal for so long if he's just going to completely sever his relationship with the club and the fans.

I think people get that he needs to leave in order to win the trophies his career is lacking, but for the fans, there are some clubs that are off-limits. Arsenal being one, Chelsea being the other.
If Alan Smith can join United from Leeds, Sol Campbell can join Arsenal from Spurs (on a Bosman!), Luis Figo can join Real from Barcelona and Sterling can join City from Liverpool then Kane can certainly move from Spurs to Chelsea.

We'll see...obviously there are a few places Kane could end up but I think writing off a Chelsea transfer is slightly naive personally. I'd be surprised if Utd paid over £100m for Kane under Ole and it doesn't strike me as a City kind of signing. There's no other club (bar Chelsea) in England who could afford him so let's see...

Look-a-Hill

Despite the trend around here, Kane is the superior player albeit for less years as Haaland gives you longevity. I reckon Kane would have a Bruno Fernandes type impact on our team he is that good of a player.
The reason I would prefer Kane is because despite the age I don't believe Haaland gives longevity. Not with Raiola in the background. Whereas I can see Kane staying and playing till his mid-30 comfortably.

If Alan Smith can join United from Leeds, Sol Campbell can join Arsenal from Spurs (on a Bosman!), Luis Figo can join Real from Barcelona and Sterling can join City from Liverpool then Kane can certainly move from Spurs to Chelsea.

We'll see...obviously there are a few places Kane could end up but I think writing off a Chelsea transfer is slightly naive personally. I'd be surprised if Utd paid over £100m for Kane under Ole and it doesn't strike me as a City kind of signing. There's no other club (bar Chelsea) in England who could afford him so let's see...
some really poor examples.

as you’ve pointed out, Campbell was on a Bowman, but Real paid the release clause for Figo - so the selling club had no choice. In terms of Sterling, there’s no rivalry between the two clubs.

spurs may sell him to Chelsea, but he would have to really want to go there and in doing so knows that the club he’s been at since a child will hate him. Will he do that, or just go to City or United? Can only see him going to Chelsea if United and City aren’t interested. They are a distant 3rd in terms of who are likely to sign him (in my opinion).

caid

If Man City offer £150 million and PSG offer £120 million, would Levy be a moron for turning down Man City's money because they are in the Prem?

I think so. Spurs are not anywhere near a title challenge, with or without Kane.

I get why he'd not sell to Chelsea, their fans would go mental.
They're miles off City but catching Chelsea isn't an entirely crazy prospect so i'd agree I think. I think Kane winds up stuck there for another year whatever happens. Theres been endless complaints from former players about gentlemans agreements so i think that means nothing. I dont think City will offer 150m.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So would he rather sell to a team like Real or whoever at a reduced price or hold out for a big fee from a PL club. I can't imagine he'll be willing to run down Kane's contract.
There's still three years left on his contract. Levy can wait another year before thinking about selling Kane. Chelsea managed to get an absurd fee for Hazard with one year left on his contract.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Let me save everybody 1000 posts.

Levy is going to demand at least £120m, probably more from a Premier League rival, and no club - not City, not United, not Chelsea - will pay that in this market for a 28-year-old striker with a bad injury history.

The end.

JuriM

I haven't gone through all the pages, but what about a chance of Liverpool going for Kane as they qualify for the Champions League?

The reason I would prefer Kane is because despite the age I don't believe Haaland gives longevity. Not with Raiola in the background. Whereas I can see Kane staying and playing till his mid-30 comfortably.
I agree - we often see fans saying things like “that’s our striker for the next decade sorted” - yet it so rarely works that way.

Haaland has got a Zlatan type, nomadic career already mapped out for him by his agent. If he moves this summer, that’s already 5 permanent clubs he’s been at.

justsomebloke

I think the issue of who is the better player right now is highly arguable. But I don't think there's any question who represents the best return on 150 million pounds.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Agreed. Although I actually believe Kane is by far the better player anyway. Haaland coming here would have zero guarantee of longevity, Raiola doesn't work that way.

Kane please! He would elevate us massively.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah well see. I personally don't see it ever happening. There are enough alternatives. Kane would have to not only be willing to sever the relationship but do it publicly to force Levy's hand, and even then I think it's a pipe dream.

LoneStar

It doesn't make sense for Kane to move to United if he's after trophies. Sure, we are an improving side with promising potential, but over the next 3-4 years, there's no reason for him to assume that we have more of a chance of winning things compared to City.

The only scenario is if Pep leaves the club, or is planning to soon, in which case there'd be as much uncertainty with them as us.

Regardless, unless Spurs are up for a swap deal, do we really think it's worth spending 150M on a single player this summer?

Lentwood

some really poor examples.

as you’ve pointed out, Campbell was on a Bowman, but Real paid the release clause for Figo - so the selling club had no choice. In terms of Sterling, there’s no rivalry between the two clubs.

spurs may sell him to Chelsea, but he would have to really want to go there and in doing so knows that the club he’s been at since a child will hate him. Will he do that, or just go to City or United? Can only see him going to Chelsea if United and City aren’t interested. They are a distant 3rd in terms of who are likely to sign him (in my opinion).
Why are those poor examples? Campbell being on a Bosman makes it more controversial for me. The fact he left for their biggest rivals and they didn't even receive a fee meant it was a double blow.

There's 'no rivalry' between City and Liverpool? Not sure about that one! Plus, hadn't Liverpool, with Sterling, just gone within a Gerrard slip of winning the title, at the expense of City? Alan 'I would never join Man Utd' Smith you don't even mention and whilst Barcelona might not have had a choice, Figo certainly did!

All I am saying is don't write it off. I thinking it's as likely as any of the destinations mentioned here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let me save everybody 1000 posts.

Levy is going to demand at least £120m, probably more from a Premier League rival, and no club - not City, not United, not Chelsea - will pay that in this market for a 28-year-old striker with a bad injury history.

The end.
I think you are right

Green_Red

I just can't see him going abroad when all time top scorer in PL is in reach
@MyOnlySolskjaer
I can't see Levy selling him to any PL clubs whilst he is still in contract. We all seen how Messi's gentleman's handshake worked out last summer when he wanted to leave, and he only had one year left on his contract. Unless Kane is willing to go abroad then he will not be leaving Spurs any time soon.

Didn't we have some mad price quoted to us by Levy back in the day when we wanted to sign Bale, who then went to Real as the record transfer fee, more than Ronaldo... No chance Levy is letting Kane go to a PL club for less than £150million and at his age no one will be willing to pay that. City will sign Haaland, United will sign Sancho, Kane will stay at Spurs or go to PSG. It won't matter to Levy that Kane wants to continue his pursuit of the PL all time goalscorer record, Levy will just think "stay here and do that".

Last edited:

LoneStar

Would it be the worst piece of business if Spurs sell Kane (140m) and bring in possibly Grealish (80m) and Lukaku? (85m)

Grealish Lukaku Son

Is a very good front 3.
Why would Lukaku want to come to Spurs though?

It'll be the same situation as Barca with the Neymar money, every club will be asking massive sums for their players. No way Levy would go for that. If he leaves, I can see them spending that money on 4-5 players who are above average.

If Kane leaves, I'm sure Son will start making noises as well. It's in Spurs best interests if Kane stays.

Sanche7

I love Kane and there's no doubting his quality, but I would still prefer Sancho this year and Haaland next year. With Cavani, Greenwood and Martial, I feel we have enough strikers, though none of them are as good as Kane. Would rather we use the money to Sign Sancho, a DM and a CB.

SER19

@MyOnlySolskjaer
I can't see Levy selling him to any PL clubs whilst he is still in contract. We all seen how Messi's gentleman's handshake worked out last summer when he wanted to leave, and he only had one year left on his contract. Unless Kane is willing to go abroad then he will not be leaving Spurs any time soon.

Didn't we have some mad price quoted to us by Levy back in the day when we wanted to sign Bale, who then went to Real as the record signing fee, more than Ronaldo... No chance Levy is letting Kane go to a PL club for less than £150million and at his age no one will be willing to pay that. City will sign Haaland, United will sign Sancho, Kane will stay at Spurs or go to PSG.
I still think city will sign Messi

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The stars are all aligned for move to City if they stump up on the fee.

Kane goal, KDB assist will then be a sickeningly frequent occurence next season.