Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Of course you don't need to solve the full problems but the problems we have in defence and midfield are too big to ignore completely they'll come to haunt us at some point in the season. If Kane came in with at least one of a starting CB or DM you'd have a point but him alone will not make us title winners. His price tag and our owners however means if he came in he'd be our only signing and that would not be a wise decision at all
Are those the problems that prevent us to win the league this season? Because I’m not talking about us winning treble or UCL.

Ole’s current tactic and philosophy allows us to work effectively with McFred and Lindelof in approaching each of our league games result in 2nd place in the league. New CB and new DM will provide more risk in failing to challenge or win the league than signing Kane as there is a chance we might need to change the current tactic and philosophy which might not work out.

Signing Kane will not change the current tactic and philosophy as we will still with McFred and Lindelof but instead, we will have a more fit striker who can play week in week out than Cavani, same strength (leadership, movement, work rate, can score header, both feet, outside and inside the box and doesn’t rely on pace) but even better as Kane is more creative in his playmaking than Cavani. This allows us to be better in solving our 7 of 0-0 problems without worry with a risk of getting worse due to changing the current system.

If we sign De Ligt/VVD or prime Rio’s level and Kimmich or prime Keane caliber then I can see them above Kane all day but we are all know the CB and the midfield option in market are not on par with them. Thus, I see Kane as much better option.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Elaborate
Many of those 0-0s were dour games where we struggled to create much. Some games our midfield struggled to retain control, we struggled to find our forward players or maintain any sort of territory.
I feel we still don't create enough chances like the truly top clubs do and blaming the attack alone for it is too easy imo.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Many of those 0-0s were dour games where we struggled to create much. Some games our midfield struggled to retain control, we struggled to find our forward players or maintain any sort of territory.
I feel we still don't create enough chances like the truly top clubs do and blaming the attack alone for it is too easy imo.
And Kane is a proven player who can score goals from minimum number of chances.

Adisa

And Kane is a proven player who can score goals from minimum number of chances.
I have not said I don't want Kane. But top clubs don't depend on their striker scoring a lot of goals from minimum number of chances. They create and create. To reach the top, that's the first hurdle we have to cross.

Eddy_JukeZ

I have not said I don't want Kane. But top clubs don't depend on their striker scoring a lot of goals from minimum number of chances. They create and create. To reach the top, that's the first hurdle we have to cross.
We need a better attacking coach.

I don't think midfield signings will change much.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I would rather us winning the league than just doing ''create and create''. Kane's ability scoring from minimum number of chances will help us a lot in solving our 7 of 0-0 draws.

Adisa

I would rather us winning the league than just doing ''create and create''. Kane's ability scoring from minimum number of chances will help us a lot in solving our 7 of 0-0 draws.
Lets agree to disagree. I personally think we need a lot more than Kane to bridge the gap with City.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn't think the stats particularly backed this up? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers just as an example, his conversion rate is relatively low compared to others, he just takes a lot more shots and I think Spurs actually do a good job of creating chances for him.

lsd

The Oracle
I love how people saying we need Kane's goals by pointing to Martial's tally and ignore Bruno scoring 28, Rashford 21 and Cavani and Greenwood in the teens.

We clearly have the goalscorers to win the league same as City.

What we don't have is City's centrebacks and midfield nor the creativity they have out wide.

That's where we need to strengthen

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I love how people saying we need Kane's goals by pointing to Martial's tally and ignore Bruno scoring 28, Rashford 21 and Cavani and Greenwood in the teens.

What we don't have is City's centrebacks and midfield nor the creativity they have out wide.

Agreed. Some teams rely on a centre forward to score 30 goals, others have wingers chipping in with 15-20 each. Some lucky buggers have both, but you can win stuff with one or the other. We happen to have goal scoring wide forwards and goals from the midfield, what we struggle with is keeping them out at the other end. Buying Kane now and neglecting the defence would be like putting brand new alloys on a Citroen Saxo.

Kaos

Yep.

I'd love Kane, but we're dropping points because of comical defending or our midfield getting completely schooled. I'd be happy with Cavani/Greenwood leading the line so long as I don't have to hold my breath every time our opponents ping a high ball into our box or pray Fred doesn't make a meal out of what should be a simple pass.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Was just reading an article on the possible Kane transfer and apparently, it's closer to £200m. There's no way he's going if that's the case. He's simply priced out of the transfer market

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Didn't think the stats particularly backed this up? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers just as an example, his conversion rate is relatively low compared to others, he just takes a lot more shots and I think Spurs actually do a good job of creating chances for him.
When I mentioned ''minimum amount of chance'', it's not just about number of chances so this conversion rate does not counter what I mentioned.

It's about number of high quality chances / big chances. Man United create lot of chances (just go look at amount of shots we created per game, we always have very good amount of shots) but the issue is that those shots do not consist of ''enough'' for high quality / big chances compare to Liverpool, Chelsea & City. So if City needs at least 3-4 big quality chance to score 1, but if we have Kane, we only need 1 or 2 big quality chance to score. This is where Kane will make big difference. A shitter is one of examples of big quality chance. He will not miss a shitter that Cavani did vs Arsenal in the 0-0 draw, James's shitter yesterday, and also some shitter 1v1 that Rashford did this season.

Last edited:

croadyman

I could definitely see a Utd (Deano, Harry, Luke & Marcus) & City players (Stones, Walker, Foden & Sterling) tug of war at The Euros camp IF his future is still up in the air then of course

Last edited:

LuckyScout78

I easily drop Bruno down as nr.8 to making room for a top CF. A goal machine. Together with Greenwood. First, because Pogba is not consistent enough as nr.8. He might become in the future. But he has been here for many years. Then you only have defensive cm players in Fred, McTerminator and Matic. No rocket science need. It will just be benefit for United as a football team. If Bruno drop down as the super creative nr.8 and you get one of the best CF out there. And how you line them up?

Raphinha - Bruno - McTom/ Joao Palhinha - Sancho + Greenwood - Kane

From the 90s and last time United win the league.

Its with a world class nr.8 in Scholes. Have United win the league after Scholes retirement?No. United simply lack a nr.8. And with United current squad. They still lack a top CB, RW and maybe a CF

Beside a really close to the best in Kane. Kane is really really good. But to be honest. Still behind the sniper of a CF in Lewandoski . But still Kane is a goal machine too.

CF = Kane , CM nr.8 = Bruno , DM = Palhinha or McTom , CB = a new top one. Then this is the central it required to win premier league. Adding the spices with Sancho and Raphinha on the wings. There is the way to go ;)

Wing Attack Plan R

I easily drop Bruno down as nr.8 to making room for a top CF. A goal machine. Together with Greenwood. First, because Pogba is not consistent enough as nr.8. He might become in the future. But he has been here for many years. Then you only have defensive cm players in Fred, McTerminator and Matic. No rocket science need. It will just be benefit for United as a football team. If Bruno drop down as the super creative nr.8 and you get one of the best CF out there. And how you line them up?

Raphinha - Bruno - McTom/ Joao Palhinha - Sancho + Greenwood - Kane

From the 90s and last time United win the league.

Its with a world class nr.8 in Scholes. Have United win the league after Scholes retirement?No. United simply lack a nr.8. And with United current squad. They still lack a top CB, RW and maybe a CF

Beside a really close to the best in Kane. Kane is really really good. But to be honest. Still behind the sniper of a CF in Lewandoski . But still Kane is a goal machine too.

CF = Kane , CM nr.8 = Bruno , DM = Palhinha or McTom , CB = a new top one. Then this is the central it required to win premier league. Adding the spices with Sancho and Raphinha on the wings. There is the way to go ;)
So you see United buying not only Sancho but also Kane? Last window we got VDB and Telles: two squad players. That was by design, not accident. I don't see our owners even getting us one of Sancho / Kane, let alone both.

croadyman

So you see United buying not only Sancho but also Kane? Last window we got VDB and Telles: two squad players. That was by design, not accident. I don't see our owners even getting us one of Sancho / Kane, let alone both.
Yeah totally agree there is no way in a million years we could afford both and Jadon looks a far easier deal, still think City are massive favourites to sign him but like I sad in earlier post the Utd contingent will definitely get in his ear during the Euros if he hasn't gone already

Red4Life_#7

Most goals in the league, most assists in the league, and there are some that doubt if we should sign him?

We shall do our outmost best to sign him.
Exactly!! Players like this don't come around every summer. We can't wait to see if we win the Haaland race, get Kane now. He is exactly what we need!!!

Kane, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood etc There are a lot of goals in that team.

7 of 0-0 draws in the league this season with McFred and Lindelof.

Would Kane solve that 0-0 draws problem? Or would new CB and new midfield or DM solve them?
100% Kane makes a difference.

Because Greenwood has shown what in the middle at any level? I get that Greenwood is a great striker of the ball, but its no coincidence that he looks great played out wide and at best average down the middle. There are very few players who move from wide to central, Henry being the exception that instantly comes to mind, but I am not sure Henry could have played on his own up front and been as effective (he would still be good). Greenwood has not played centrally even as a youth player, or at least not for any run, and has always been most effective coming from off the edge of the box.
How old is Greenwood? I doubt Kane was doing much better at his age. Greedwood, needs more experience and to fill out a little more. Top quality attacker in the making.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
When I mentioned ''minimum amount of chance'', it's not just about number of chances so this conversion rate does not counter what I mentioned.

It's about number of high quality chances / big chances. Man United create lot of chances (just go look at amount of shots we created per game, we always have very good amount of shots) but the issue is that those shots do not consist of ''enough'' for high quality / big chances compare to Liverpool, Chelsea & City. So if City needs at least 3-4 big quality chance to score 1, but if we have Kane, we only need 1 or 2 big quality chance to score. This is where Kane will make big difference. A shitter is one of examples of big quality chance. He will not miss a shitter that Cavani did vs Arsenal in the 0-0 draw, James's shitter yesterday, and also some shitter 1v1 that Rashford did this season.
Ah ok, do the stats back that up? Ie his xg should be pretty close to what he's scoring. I would agree without any facts, that Kane is more clinical.

FYI, it's sitter, not shitter :D .

VivaRonaldo85

I would be very interested in buying Kane and selling Martial to make a few quid back at least. Would be the catalyst to take us right back to the top in my mind along with a top class DM.

BlueHaze

I don't think it's a coincidence that the summer City need to replace Aguero Kane openly states he wants to leave. He wants to go to City. In that interview with Neville he even says De Bruyne is the number 1 guy he would want to play in front of. He's basically begging them to come get him.

croadyman

I would be very interested in buying Kane and selling Martial to make a few quid back at least. Would be the catalyst to take us right back to the top in my mind along with a top class DM.
You can be certain he is being discussed by the board while City haven't locked it up yet, in regards to Tony leaving didn't I read somewhere that those yankee leeches running our club absolutely love the guy.

Eugenius

I have a very strong suspicion Kane has already basically agreed to join City, and is just putting pressure on Levy to get it done before the euros.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Literally means nothing. They suspended the entire market, including the odds of him joining United, Chelsea, Real and even the odds of him joining Newcastle.
It's not beyond them to 'create' markets that encourage/entice people to bet on markets that aren't really markets, though.

As GN pointed out, he didn't say he wanted to leave, but it feels like Sky have certainly created that agenda (and continue to).

Hephaestus

It's not beyond them to 'create' markets that encourage/entice people to bet on markets that aren't really markets, though.

As GN pointed out, he didn't say he wanted to leave, but it feels like Sky have certainly created that agenda (and continue to).
If that was their aim, they wouldn't suspend the market.

mu4c_20le

I have a very strong suspicion Kane has already basically agreed to join City, and is just putting pressure on Levy to get it done before the euros.
A lot of things were probably agreed behind the scenes. Wouldn't even be surprised if Kane going public was levy's idea... basically he says to him "right, if you want to leave that bad, you'll have to put in a transfer request and go public yourself". Then he can end up looking like the good guy by letting him go.

Eugenius

A lot of things were probably agreed behind the scenes. Wouldn't even be surprised if Kane going public was levy's idea... basically he says to him "right, if you want to leave that bad, you'll have to put in a transfer request and go public yourself". Then he can end up looking like the good guy by letting him go.
Also possible. But there's no way the Kane camp has done this all publicly without already being 75 percent of the way out the door.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Aguero was absolutely in his best XI most of their time together when healthy.

Pep also said this recently

He said he doesn't like putting all the scoring onus on a single player, would never be the case at City anyway, but he'd fancy a top scoring forward
No manager would say no to a 50 goals player. Is Kane that sort of player? Perhaps. But Pep finally get his team into CL Final after he left Barca 8 years ago, after playing with false 9 in KdB.

Last edited:

croadyman

Expect this to pick up speed early next week IF it's as close as some on here think it is

Castia

Got absolutely blasted in this thread for suggesting they try and sign Lukaku with the Kane money.

Well a week later and Inter reportedly need to raise 100m in transfers and the manager is heavily linked with quitting and Spurs are his rumoured destination.

Might not be so crazy seeing Lukaku at Spurs next season after all.