Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Gazza

Isn’t the most likely scenario that Kane now realizes his hand isn’t that strong and that Levy has the higher card? The interview with Gary Neville was Kane’s big move and it’s not enough.

Doracle

His hand has never been that strong. Just a terrible decision to sign such a long term contract with no get out clause. He’d need to more or less down tools to force an exit.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
His hand has never been that strong. Just a terrible decision to sign such a long term contract with no get out clause. He’d need to more or less down tools to force an exit.
Exactly, he Zaha'd himself. I'll never understand how these player's agents can't see the big picture and advise them to maybe lose some money for a year to not only gain the freedom to chose but even more money through wages/signing bonus at a bigger club. Even if Tottenham won the Champion's League, you just know they would not be able to compete long term with United and City every single year...
It's looking more and more likely that he's going to be stuck at Spurs for at least one more year.

Luke1995

I have doubts too. He's obviously a very good striker and would score buckets of goals for City, against teams they already score buckets of goals against. He's a great finisher but he's not somebody that's going to work to create openings, he needs to ball delivered to him in a place where he can fashion a shot. That doesn't happen often against top defenders. I don't see him being the player who makes the difference in the biggest games for them aka he's not going to win them the Champions League.

This below is a great summary of him as a player imo. His solid top 6 record is bumped up by Arsenal and Leicester, teams hardly known for their stellar defences. It's a long time ago and no detailed stats exist for it, but i felt much the same about Shearer. I think our history would be a lot different had we signed him instead of Cantona.
Well, City's team is much better than Shearer's Newcastle so I guess if Kane were to join City he could even eventually get Shearer's PL goalscoring record

But I don't know man, I think peak Kane was 2017-18 season. He's still class, but not quite that beast he was a few years ago. So he could struggle at least initially.

Anyways, still feel like he is going to stay at Spurs next season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Signing that big contract at Spurs was certainly a debatable move at the time, though granted Spurs were looking competitive and stable during that period

Also obviously need to factor in the current Covid climate.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s better he accepts his fate now and gets on with it. Signing that contract was binding and his chairmen didn’t even let the like of Eric Dier leave when his value was high.

It’s better he just accepts it and gets on with it now. Focuses on his individual goals and looks at the bright side (will always start, club legend etc…)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think Levy is going to be the one that comes out of this looking worst. While people are saying currently “Kane shouldn’t have signed that contract”, the same people will be saying “Levy had the chance to get over £100m for him, he was stupid to push for £150m when the signs were there that he’s physically degrading”.

The White Pele

I hope for Harry’s sake he wins the Euros with England because I think he is going to be stranded at Spurs for another trophyless season.

honirelandboy

Maybe they would take JLingz, Martial, Bailey, Matic, Mata, Jones, Andreas and 100 million.

red4ever 79

Signing that big contract at Spurs was certainly a debatable move at the time, though granted Spurs were looking competitive and stable during that period

Also obviously need to factor in the current Covid climate.
Makes you wonder why players like Kane dont insert release clauses into their contracts, to safeguard them in times like this. Yes Spurs were doing well when he extended, but that was never going to last. If he would have negotiated say a 70meur clause in their he would have been in a far stronger position now. As it is, who is going to spend 100m+ to get him.

choccy77

Kane is going nowhere and Spurs know this.

Only thing is, Spurs do need an injection of cash fast.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The idea of Pep whinging about not being able to afford a player, after the biggest set of spending in world football history. :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If there is any justice in the world this cheating mouthbreathing prick will end his career trophyless. The biggest diver in world football.

If people think it's annoying now, just wait until he is winning points for City with his cheating.

Gormless fecking cnut.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If there is any justice in the world this cheating mouthbreathing prick will end his career trophyless. The biggest diver in world football.

If people think it's annoying now, just wait until he is winning points for City with his cheating.

Gormless fecking cnut.
Don't sugar coat it, mate. Tell us what you really think.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think Levy is going to be the one that comes out of this looking worst. While people are saying currently “Kane shouldn’t have signed that contract”, the same people will be saying “Levy had the chance to get over £100m for him, he was stupid to push for £150m when the signs were there that he’s physically degrading”.
Yeah, this is my prediction too.

Spurs have a chance to sell relatively high, coming off his best ever season, with the player about to turn 28 and looking at the downslope of his career. And to do it during a time when clubs across Europe are fecked so a 100-120m fee could be genuinely reinvested in 5-6 really good young players who could be cornerstones of a new team. Keeping him is stupid and shortsighted.

Kane will turn 29 next summer. He is also very unlikely to have a season as good as the last one, he might pick up a big injury or just start to show his age in very concerning ways. There's a lot of risk that they end up taking a 100-120m asset, torch at least half that value, and then get that money back in a market where it won't go nearly as far in terms of buying new talent. And all to probably just compete for a Europa League place at best.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If Kane win Euro for England, maybe his search for major trophy would have been accomplished, hence there's no further need for him to move to City?

redmeister

I'd hate to see Kane go to City, but I can't help but to be curious to see how many goals he'd get in a top side. No one in Prem history has ever really threatened the 40 goals in a season mark. But Kane really could hit those sort of numbers playing for a team that would create as much for him as City would.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No way we would spend the stupid money neccesary to sign him but it would be very interesting to see what might be if we did.

JustAGuest

I'd hate to see Kane go to City, but I can't help but to be curious to see how many goals he'd get in a top side. No one in Prem history has ever really threatened the 40 goals in a season mark. But Kane really could hit those sort of numbers playing for a team that would create as much for him as City would.
I think he may be able to hit Lewandowski numbers if he goes there. If he plays an entire season for them without injury I see 30 as the minimum...

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Isn't that just classic Pep though? Claim he'd never buy a player for more than £5m or something about a week before splashing out £500m on a set of backup defenders?
Well it's also classic City to get priced out of a deal so it's not something that would be without a precedent.

Droid_Repairs

Would there be any potential legal repercussions for him if he were to just stopping making any effort on the pitch?

DSG

I thought it would of been Martial and Lingard as Bale has gone back to Madrid but heard rumours its DVB plus Martial.
I've not seen it reported anywhere else thou so I'm thinking its just a rumour.
Popped up as a cited source on ESPN today, and I hadn’t heard of it before. Seems like no one else is confirming it, so it can’t have any truth to it, no?

dinostar77

Kane can put in an offical transfer request. If he does so he will lose millions in bonus and loyalty payments somewhere in the region of £10mil i read. However the buying club could give that back to kane over the length of his contract.

The transfer fee will still be an issue, however if kane did put in an offical transfer request i expect kanes representatives to use the media to help put pressure on spurs to get kane to get his move. All comes down to kane putting in an offical transfer request which i think he will be forced to do after the tournament.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They will let him go, Levy is all about money. If he were to get a large cash injection plus two players with real value, he would take it.

80 million pounds won’t interest him at all, but 100 million and two assets that could potential rise in value. He is a money man first and foremost.

I just can’t see United putting in what is essentially a 170-180 million pound bid.

OrcaFat

They will let him go, Levy is all about money. If he were to get a large cash injection plus two players with real value, he would take it.

80 million pounds won’t interest him at all, but 100 million and two assets that could potential rise in value. He is a money man first and foremost.

I just can’t see United putting in what is essentially a 170-180 million pound bid.
I can’t either. Depends who the two assets are of course. Picking figures out of the air, £80m plus a couple of turkeys might be offered?