Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

acnumber9

It wouldn't be crippled, wouldn't be easy but they should tell all the clubs involved in the ESL to feck off.
Of course it would. A league who’s biggest club is Everton would be no different to the Dutch League.

acnumber9

The Dutch league survives just fine, it will be different yes but it will survive easily.

Totally agree.
Because their clubs don’t have inflated wage bills. Without the money brought in by the top clubs, English clubs will be buried in wages they can’t afford.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Because their clubs don’t have inflated wage bills. Without the money brought in by the top clubs, English clubs will be buried in wages they can’t afford.
Which clubs still that would remain in the PL are on vastly inflated wages? Those clubs will have left, and a contract is 4 - 5 years at most, with the better ones leaving for the ESL, the PL will be fine I fear more for the clubs joining this new shit show.

Are you pro this new league?

acnumber9

No it's not. It's basically Ajax or PSV run away with it most years. Maybe a third-team tile Feyenoord will sneak in now and then.
They’ve had three different winners in the last four years. Nobody gave a shit.

acnumber9

Which clubs still that would remain in the PL are on vastly inflated wages? Those clubs will have left, and a contract is 4 - 5 years at most, with the better ones leaving for the ESL, the PL will be fine I fear more for the clubs joining this new shit show.
The TV deal collapses without the ‘big 6’. What would replace it will come nowhere near. The exodus of the good players only further cements it as a nothing league nobody outside of existing fans of those clubs will care about.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The TV deal collapses without the ‘big 6’. What would replace it will come nowhere near. The exodus of the good players only further cements it as a nothing league nobody outside of existing fans of those clubs will care about.
This is what football should be about, Everton fans, West Ham fans, Fulham fans, Newcastle fans etc care as much about their clubs as the "bigger clubs", the TV deal will be yes, but there will still be one. Fans are what football is about and always will be. The PL will just become a level between the Championship and the old PL, are you a fan of the ESL? I have no interest in it, and wont be paying any money towards it.

Trex

It wouldn't be crippled, wouldn't be easy but they should tell all the clubs involved in the ESL to feck off.
Here in Nigeria the attraction of the EPL is man utd, Liverpool,Chelsea, arsenal, city (don't have a fan base but are winning). No one here would give a feck about the EPL without the traditional top four, an am sure it the same in most places outside the UK,

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Here in Nigeria the attraction of the EPL is man utd, Liverpool,Chelsea, arsenal, city (don't have a fan base but are winning). No one here would give a feck about the EPL without the traditional top four, an am sure it the same in most places outside the UK,
And that's what is wrong, the game will just reset, like i said the Championship is prospering, its real football.

Trex

And that's what is wrong, the game will just reset, like i said the Championship is prospering, its real football.
I think Uefa, Fifa and the EPL can't go ahead with the bans, this clubs involved are the biggest clubs globally and would actually pull the global audience to the ESL, I feel it's in their best interest to find a resolution as they'll loose a lot if this goes through and said clubs are banned domestically.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think Uefa, Fifa and the EPL can't go ahead with the bans, this clubs involved are the biggest clubs globally and would actually pull the global audience to the ESL, I feel it's in their best interest to find a resolution as they'll loose a lot if this goes through and said clubs are banned domestically.
They can and should, across forums around 80% of fans are against this. I support my local team (not Spurs) and its shit, i still attend and i still enjoy it. This talk that the PL will somehow dissolve is nonsense, do u like the idea of this "super league"?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They can and should, across forums around 80% of fans are against this. I support my local team (not Spurs) and its shit, i still attend and i still enjoy it. This talk that the PL will somehow dissolve is nonsense, do u like the idea of this "super league"?
You missed the word "globally". The legacy fans might boycott but if a manchester Derby is held at Abhu Dhabi, do you think they will care ? They are just waiting for something like this to happen.

Trex

They can and should, across forums around 80% of fans are against this. I support my local team and its shit, i still attend and i still enjoy it. This talk that the PL will somehow dissolve is nonsense, do u like the idea of this "super league"?
I don't! But I don't run MUFC or Barca, all am saying is banning this clubs only weakens the leagues and that's no good for Uefa, coming to a resolution regarding the Ucl would be the only way forward. This clubs know how powerful they are and won't back down.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You missed the word "globally". The legacy fans might boycott but if a manchester Derby is held at Abhu Dhabi, do you think they will care ? They are just waiting for something like this to happen.
I agree, but how many of those fans will switch sides depending on the results. Look I am not saying this wont be popular, but I don't want be part of it, no heart, no soul, just money.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't! But I don't run MUFC or Barca, all am saying is banning this clubs only weakens the leagues and that's no good for Uefa, coming to a resolution regarding the Ucl would be the only way forward. This clubs know how powerful they are and won't back down.
The UCL should be for the top 2 clubs in the league, and they should promote the UEFA cup, that's the way forward. HOw in the world can a team play midweek for 9 months and still compete in a domestic league and 2 domestic cups?

Trex

The UCL should be for the top 2 clubs in the league, and they should promote the UEFA cup, that's the way forward. HOw in the world can a team play midweek for 9 months and still compete in a domestic league and 2 domestic cups?
Never would this club accept such format, they want to play each other more because thats gets greater attention, they want more tv money, its greedy but they have the power, they can achieve this without Uefa, were as Uefa and the Epl need them to make their competition attractive globally, its not right but it is what it is.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Never would this club accept such format, they want to play each other more because thats gets greater attention, they want more tv money, its greedy but they have the power, they can achieve this without Uefa, were as Uefa and the Epl need them to make their competition attractive globally, its not right but it is what it is.
Not denying that, but the clubs should not run the league, if you had to be top 2 to get ECL they will need to invest to get it.

Trex

I agree, but how many of those fans will switch sides depending on the results. Look I am not saying this wont be popular, but I don't want be part of it, no heart, no soul, just money.
Money has corrupted football for a long time now the Epl, Uefa and Sky are trying to protect their interest, they actually are all hypocrites pretending to be the good guys. We fans are just caught in between.

acnumber9

This is what football should be about, Everton fans, West Ham fans, Fulham fans, Newcastle fans etc care as much about their clubs as the "bigger clubs", the TV deal will be yes, but there will still be one. Fans are what football is about and always will be. The PL will just become a level between the Championship and the old PL, are you a fan of the ESL? I have no interest in it, and wont be paying any money towards it.
No, I’m not a fan, but I also don’t believe it will happen. Most of the complaining is about people protecting their own interests. The same crime these 6 are committing.

SwedishFish

Ironic name then :lol:

acnumber9

No it's not.
A league with 3 winners in four years isn’t more competitive? Ok then, I didn’t realise I was discussing this with somebody incapable of distinguishing facts. Replace for a more competitive league if you like. Nobody cares.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
A league with 3 winners in four years isn’t more competitive? Ok then, I didn’t realise I was discussing this with somebody incapable of distinguishing facts. Replace for a more competitive league if you like. Nobody cares.
Take the top 6 out the PL and there is about 6 teams that could win it.

acnumber9

Take the top 6 out the PL and there is about 6 teams that could win it.
Maybe. What would separate it from Serie A then when their big three are gone? Or La Liga? Nobody outside of those teams fans will care.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
No. Fcuk the greedy clubs. They can go elsewhere. The league doesn’t need them. They’re poisonous.