Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another Zaha situation, was dumb to sign that 5 year deal. He has absolutely zero leverage to get out of Spurs for a reasonable price. Not to mention now Spurs need a new manager. Who would come to spurs if they sell their best player or at least not get close to a World record fee to reinvest in the sqaud.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah that's another thing though isn't it, another injury is never too far away for him these days. I just think the moment to get him is gone for the money Levy would want.
Yeah he gets injured at least once a season but is still good for 25-30 goals. Maybe a bigger club where's it's not all on him would be beneficial.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Shearer only played in 1 final didn't he
1991 toulon tournament... 1-0 England against France... he scored the winner?
The Toulon Tournament?? No wonder we won it.....we can only win make believe tournaments :rolleyes:

dbs235

Yeah he gets injured at least once a season but is still good for 25-30 goals. Maybe a bigger club where's it's not all on him would be beneficial.
At City or United he'd get a lot more rest. Especially at City when the amount of times they'd be 4-0 up by 60 minutes and can sub him off for Jesus, compared to at Spurs where they need him on for 90 minutes every game to push for a late equaliser against Burnley.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rooney never gets this allowance for the multiple international tournaments that he wasn't fit for but played anyway. Kane is incredible but for example I've never felt threatened when he plays us.
I often think he resembles an absolute carthorse. Yet he scores loads constantly.
Very odd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shearer only played in 1 final didn't he
1991 toulon tournament... 1-0 England against France... he scored the winner?
He lost in at least two FA cup finals.
Can you not remember him wistfully looking up to the box as the presentation was made? Clapping professionally.

croadyman

At City or United he'd get a lot more rest. Especially at City when the amount of times they'd be 4-0 up by 60 minutes and can sub him off for Jesus, compared to at Spurs where they need him on for 90 minutes every game to push for a late equaliser against Burnley.
Well City he would but at United would probably play through injuries too much like Marcus

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think those who are saying he's locked in at Spurs who won't sell him are probably not looking at how Spurs have been impacted by a) pandemic and subsequent lack of stadium income, which they had just finished building b) failure to qualify for CL (all but assured) c) payoff to Jose d) Super League bandaid being ripped off.

So not only will they have serious cashflow issues, they'll also fail to appease their best players by making the team more competitive in the short term.

Much like Barca should have done, I think they need to look at the long term and start building for that. Wouldn't be unwise to hire a progressive manager who moulds a team.

lex talionis

Let’s be serious. Levy won’t consider any offers for Kane for less than far more than we’re willing to consider putting on the table.

beingshe7don

With the whole Super league backfiring and having to pay Jose a sh** tonne of money, would Levy consider selling his most valuable asset? Chelsea and City are the only ones who could spend that sort of money since both teams lack that striker as the missing jigsaw.

MattofManchester

70 to 80 what? ...if you’re talking £million, do you honestly think Levy is going to let him go for that :lol:
Depends on if he's banging on Levy's door, which is what I'm expecting to happen.
Frankly, nobody is going to pay the money he'll want, and you don't want to keep a player who wants out.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I can see us or City having a go at him for 70 to 80 odd. He's bound to want to leave now.
He would slow our attack down. The United Way is fast, muscular, inter-changing front line/attacks.

Kane ain't it. More Berba-like.

In fact I am concerned about splurging over £100m of Kane or Haaland who I see as a better first-touch Lukaku. (But he does offer us someone/target in the pen/box.) Not sure how they benefit the current team. We will need to change the way we play to suit them.

Eternitiy

He would slow our attack down. The United Way is fast, muscular, inter-changing front line/attacks.

In fact I am concerned about splurging over £100m of Kane or Haaland who I see as a better first-touch Lukaku. (But he does offer us someone/target in the pen/box.) Not sure how they benefit the current team. We will need to change the way we play to suit them.
Kane has much more to his game than Berbatov. Kane is deceptively quick, very strong, and with exceptional vision and link up play.

sglowrider

Kane has much more to his game than Berbatov. Kane is deceptively quick, very strong, and with exceptional vision and link up play.
I rather we get the Son out of Spurs -- less a sicknote and will be more dynamic and adds more flexibility to our front line. Probably easier for Levy to sell than a Kane if he needed to raise some cash.

I rather we get the Son out of Spurs -- less a sicknote and will be more dynamic and adds more flexibility to our front line. Probably easier for Levy to sell than a Kane if he needed to raise some cash.
Absolutely not. Kane is an elite striker, top 3 in the world currently. Strong, amazing link up play and clinical finisher. Spurs’ best player by far and way better/consistent than Son.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

I agree with this.

It's why even though Kane is England's best striker - there is a part of me that thinks the attack will be better trying to find a balance between players like Sancho, Sterling, Greenwood, Saka, Rashford, Grealish, Foden etc -

Kane seems to be kind of like the odd one out sometimes.

Polar

In fact I am concerned about splurging over £100m of Kane or Haaland who I see as a better first-touch Lukaku.
Serious...Kane to slow for United?

Don’t know why you talk about Lukaku? Like the first-touch is the only difference between Haaland/Kane and Lukaku:lol: What about link-play or technique in general, work capacity and moral? Comparing Haaland/Kane with Lukaku is like comparing Range Rover with Ford.

FattyFooty

So you would like to add another inconsistent winger to our squad. Which might one day be better than Rashford, then the next day after that Rashford will be better than him.

Yeah Kane is sometimes injured, yet he has just done he's 5th season in a row with 20+ goals. Uniteds biggest problem since RVP left (or lost form) is a consistent goal scorer. So it's kinda hard to understand why you want another 50-70 million inconsistent player.

Last edited:

Jev

I'm convinced Levy won't sell him because of the PR backlash. I do, however, think Spurs would do wise to sell him.

With him turning 28 this summer and with years left of his contract, this is their best chance to get the maximum fee from a player they've already gotten plenty of good years from. That would give them the chance to start a much-needed rebuild, just like the Bale sale eventually became the foundation for the great team Pochettino built.

The notion that he wouldn't suit our team because we play fast counter-attacks is nonsense in my opinion. Nearly half of Tottenham's goals this season came from Kane picking out Son with a genius pass on the counter. He'd be the perfect playmaker for us, while still scoring a ton of goals.

sglowrider

Serious...Kane to slow for United?

Don’t know why you talk about Lukaku? Like the first-touch is the only difference between Haaland/Kane and Lukaku:lol: What about link-play or technique in general, work capacity and moral? Comparing Haaland/Kane with Lukaku is like comparing Range Rover with Ford.
I suggest you go back and re-read what I wrote.

btw Range Rover used to be owned by Ford.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

You are massively underrating Kane here. He’s an absolutely elite striker with very few weaknesses and he’s not even slow. More than that his passing is world class relative to his position so he’d get loads of assists from Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood.

sglowrider

You are massively underrating Kane here. He’s an absolutely elite striker with very few weaknesses and he’s not even slow. More than that his passing is world class relative to his position so he’d get loads of assists from Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood.
I think he is a fantastic striker -- but probably fits City much more than at United. He seems to drop deeper nowadays too -- which is the problem at united where we don't hv a mobile presence in the box. The problem also is that he is also 28, and seems to be injured a lot -- an issue when we have to spend in excess of 100M quid.

Carvani would be my choice for the next couple of years until Mason grows into that role.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he is a fantastic striker -- but probably fits City much more than at United. The problem also is that he is also 28, and seems to be injured a lot.
To be fair most players fit City more than Utd because they are just a better team and it’s likely easier to slot into their system. That being said, Kane has always had the look at a Utd player to me and I think he would absolutely flourish here too.

sglowrider

To be fair most players fit City more than Utd because they are just a better team and it’s likely easier to slot into their system. That being said, Kane has always had the look at a Utd player to me and I think he would absolutely flourish here too.
I think considering that we are in a Covid period, and so with limited transfer funds, we need to throw some decent dosh at Carvani and keep him here for a couple of seasons.
Then see whether Mason will grow into the role or/and see if the likes of Hugill or McNeil in the pipeline can step up like Mason did a couple of years ago.

I rather see our limited funds -- and that's not taking into account what penalties UEFA will slap on United -- on either a fast, physical CB or a top-class Matic replacement --- and a creative midfielder so we have a double pivot at the top rather than a double pivot defensive midfielders.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I forget, Kane will be paid in peanuts. Might be plain peanuts, so we may not need to pay as much if they they're salted peanuts.
:lol:

I always laugh when people say ”he wasn’t free” about any free transfer, erm, yes he fecking was. The biggest transfers like Pogba, Neymar, Bale to Madrid etc tend to be the biggest earners, not working for peanuts because they feel sorry that the club had to pay so much to secure their services.
Take away transfer fee = free.

Craig Ward

I think he is a fantastic striker -- but probably fits City much more than at United. He seems to drop deeper nowadays too -- which is the problem at united where we don't hv a mobile presence in the box. The problem also is that he is also 28, and seems to be injured a lot -- an issue when we have to spend in excess of 100M quid.

Carvani would be my choice for the next couple of years until Mason grows into that role.
Kane is by far the best striker in the league. His record speaks for itself.

He's a goal machine, in sometimes a very poor Spurs team. He's world class.

He's dropped deeper to accommodate the lack of creativity in the spurs team - they have no no.10. And he's also done it fantastically well - showing again that he isn't just a box striker - he's a damn good player too.

He's made tons of chances for Son and still banged them in himself.

Kane would be an amazing signing for utd - end of. He's elite level and we currently have Greenwood, Martial and Cavani. Great on paper, but not in reality. Martial is not a natural no.9 and will never be consistent enough to lead the line, Cavani is 34 and heading to Argentina, while Greenwood is an amazing prospect with insane finishing ability - he's nowhere near Kane's level and can also play off the right hand side.

We need a CF this summer. Kane's the best in the business in the league

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think Spurs will sell him a new project in the summer and he will easily commit to it. He doesn't come across as someone who will throw a fit to get his move.

sglowrider

Kane is by far the best striker in the league. His record speaks for itself.

He's a goal machine, in sometimes a very poor Spurs team. He's world class.

He's dropped deeper to accommodate the lack of creativity in the spurs team - they have no no.10. And he's also done it fantastically well - showing again that he isn't just a box striker - he's a damn good player too.

He's made tons of chances for Son and still banged them in himself.

Kane would be an amazing signing for utd - end of. He's elite level and we currently have Greenwood, Martial and Cavani. Great on paper, but not in reality. Martial is not a natural no.9 and will never be consistent enough to lead the line, Cavani is 34 and heading to Argentina, while Greenwood is an amazing prospect with insane finishing ability - he's nowhere near Kane's level and can also play off the right hand side.

We need a CF this summer. Kane's the best in the business in the league
Worth blowing our entire summer budget on? 100+M? I think our priorities are elsewhere.

redshaw

He can wait to see the next manager of Spurs and things can change for the better. Perhaps in 2023 he can then see if it's worth pushing for a move or leaving for free in 2024. I just can't see any big move happening from either the buying club or Levy. He can be a great supporting striker for a big club later, I think he'll be class well into his 30s.

Hughes35

The thought of Rashford, Kane & Greenwood with Bruno and Pogba behind is such a brilliant thought. We would instantly be contenders IMO.

red thru&thru

:lol:

I always laugh when people say ”he wasn’t free” about any free transfer, erm, yes he fecking was. The biggest transfers like Pogba, Neymar, Bale to Madrid etc tend to be the biggest earners, not working for peanuts because they feel sorry that the club had to pay so much to secure their services.
Take away transfer fee = free.
Hahaha, exactly!

Wilt

Depends on if he's banging on Levy's door, which is what I'm expecting to happen.
Frankly, nobody is going to pay the money he'll want, and you don't want to keep a player who wants out.
Realistically I can’t see Kane being let go for less than £120m. Main problem for Levy is he wouldn’t want Kane going to a Prem club plus bringing in a new Spurs manager having sold their best player.

Guess Levy will offer Kane a new contract but probably less than the £300k per week Kane could get at another club.

Worth blowing our entire summer budget on? 100+M? I think our priorities are elsewhere.
I know this makes sense logically, but bringing in a top striker can do wonders to a team with other flaws. It's not like we had the perfect team when RvP came in, but it immediately lifted us.

I'm more in the mood for a prolific striker than a slow build :lol:

Red Royal

I just camt see Kane coming here. If he is going to another team in England I only see it being City for him to assume he will get trophies.

I hope he goes abroad, as dealing with Levy and the injuries he has had may as well go all out for Haaland instead.

MattofManchester

Realistically I can’t see Kane being let go for less than £120m. Main problem for Levy is he wouldn’t want Kane going to a Prem club plus bringing in a new Spurs manager having sold their best player.

Guess Levy will offer Kane a new contract but probably less than the £300k per week Kane could get at another club.
The problem is options are slim when Madrid is broke and PSG have their front line sorted.
That leaves us and City. City refuse to pay fees over 80m and we tend to pay around that amount.

I could be wrong, but ffs, I hope I'm right.

Despite the weird notion that Kane has flaws, I think he's the perfect forward for us. Right age, right time. He'd link and lead the line perfectly. We thrived on these kinds of signings once. Now it seems we're more afraid of every player coming here to flop.

I also don't think a new contract will do it. Spurs are a dead club atm. They're getting worse and will attract worse. There's nothing left there for him.
He banked on Jose delivering and that failed.