Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Craig Ward

Worth blowing our entire summer budget on? 100+M? I think our priorities are elsewhere.
We would be genuine title contenders with him - no doubt.

We need a CF - why not try and sign the best around?

We have a bunch of players who are no longer needed so there will be money coming in as well.

There wont be a Sancho drama this year.

Realistically we need a CB, a CF and a DM. All achievable within budget, as long as we can sell some players.

if we sign a CF, Martial can be sold. Lingard is well and truly in the shop window. De Gea could be available as it appears Henderson has the jersey.

If we want to get back to where we should be - we need better players. Simple

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I rather we get the Son out of Spurs -- less a sicknote and will be more dynamic and adds more flexibility to our front line. Probably easier for Levy to sell than a Kane if he needed to raise some cash.
I like Son but his best position also seems to be on the left. Money would be much better spent elsewhere.

Marwood

Would love him here but he'd be mad not to go City. City would also be mad not to get him. Perfect for each other.

At some point City will have to spend big to replace that spine.

I know its kind of worked this season but if they go into next season banking on the midfielders providing goals they'll come unstuck.

RUCK4444

Worth blowing our entire summer budget on? 100+M? I think our priorities are elsewhere.

We have a bunch of players who are no longer needed so there will be money coming in as well.

Realistically we need a CB, a CF and a DM. All achievable within budget, as long as we can sell some players.

if we sign a CF, Martial can be sold. Lingard is well and truly in the shop window. De Gea could be available as it appears Henderson has the jersey.

We have gaps in the squad but no signing would improve our season more than Kane or Haaland at no 9

Just look at a montage of sitters we’ve missed all season long. The amount of silly points we’ve also dropped in those games.

Mo doubt in my mind when you look at our forwards this season that this signing would yield the biggest return.

If we could be shrewd and get a couple of the gaps filled without breaking the bank as well then that would be a brilliant summer and really set us up to challenge next season.

RUCK4444

I like Son but his best position also seems to be on the left. Money would be much better spent elsewhere.
Also his output is rarely better than Rashfords as far as I’m aware. Good player but Kane is the one to get from Spurs, no doubt.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Harry Kane would be an RVP signing for you. You had problems in your squad then when you signed him but he just elevated you up because he as so good.

RUCK4444

Harry Kane would be an RVP signing for you. You had problems in your squad then when you signed him but he just elevated you up because he as so good.
Yeah this would be exactly that type of signing. The best striker in the league currently, same as Robin was.

If we had him in the team this season I honestly think we would have either won the league or pushed City damn close.

When you consider we’ve basically played without Martial the entire season, becuase he’s been injured and absolutely woeful when on the pitch. Replace him with Kane all season and it would have made a huge difference.

SATA

He seems the type that will stay in his comfort zone and not agitate for a move. Unlike the likes of Suarez, RvP etc

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Signing him is a no brainer. We'd be such an enigma of a team, frustrating, but absolutely packed with goals. Add a competent RW and we can dream bigly.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Didnt know Lewa was for sale?

littleman

Harry Kane is definitely one of the best in the world.

That 5 year contract was brainless though. Unfortunately, players in their 20s don't usually make great decisions.

manuchamp88

He seems the type that will stay in his comfort zone and not agitate for a move. Unlike the likes of Suarez, RvP etc
As per Shearer and incidentally, the only achievement of note in Harry's career will be outscoring Shearer.

FattyFooty

Is it possible anyone? Can we really get him?

I'm so tired of good players. We bought so many good 30-60 million players that is just good. If we are talking about winning the league again we need a Kane.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

As per Shearer and incidentally, the only achievement of note in Harry's career will be outscoring Shearer.
Shearer at least won the Prem with Blackburn before trying to make his boyhood club into something. Kane looking more likely comparable to Matt Le Tiss. Commendable for loyalty

manuchamp88

Shearer at least won the Prem with Blackburn before trying to make his boyhood club into something. Kane looking more likely comparable to Matt Le Tiss. Commendable for loyalty
Except Le Tissier is more of a d**k.

As an aside, I think Harry's boyhood club was Arsenal, wasn't it? Can't say he'd have been much better off there, though.

croadyman

Is it possible anyone? Can we really get him?

I'm so tired of good players. We bought so many good 30-60 million players that is just good. If we are talking about winning the league again we need a Kane.
If Spurs didn't have a notoriously tough negotiator and Kane was willing to put in a request then maybe

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Kane
Sancho
Haaland or any strikers

All in order. Haaland doesn't suit to work with Greenwood & Rashford but Kane does. He can score lot of assists and goals. However, lets be realistic, no one can afford Kane except probably Man City. I expect minimum 150m.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Except Le Tissier is more of a d**k.

As an aside, I think Harry's boyhood club was Arsenal, wasn't it? Can't say he'd have been much better off there, though.
He was in their Arsenal academy for a year and the Watford one but apparently hes a life long Spurs fan. I know he was born near the stadium. Not that it matters as I'm sure if he signs for A.N.other he will suddenly say he's that fan.

432JuanMata

I dont think he will if he stays at Spurs.
I think he will even if he stays at Spurs. Harry Kane is actually the human equivalent of the argument win stuff or play for the team you love setting records and win nothing.

Wilt

The problem is options are slim when Madrid is broke and PSG have their front line sorted.
That leaves us and City. City refuse to pay fees over 80m and we tend to pay around that amount.

I could be wrong, but ffs, I hope I'm right.

Despite the weird notion that Kane has flaws, I think he's the perfect forward for us. Right age, right time. He'd link and lead the line perfectly. We thrived on these kinds of signings once. Now it seems we're more afraid of every player coming here to flop.

I also don't think a new contract will do it. Spurs are a dead club atm. They're getting worse and will attract worse. There's nothing left there for him.
He banked on Jose delivering and that failed.
Hope you’re right about City not wanting to pay more than £80m, that would blow them out of signing Kane and probably Haaland.

Think Kane would want to stay in the Prem and can‘t see Spurs selling to Chelsea. Levy is the main stumbling block, but a Utd record bid might do it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Last week was where the report said we had discussion with Cavani about his future. Out of nowhere, instead of hearing Cavani agrees to stay another year, we got Bailly‘s new contract. Was the reason Bailly‘s new contract because we want to fully focus on just one signing Harry Kane, going all in on him because Cavani has confirmed that he’s leaving?

I’m not sure the idea of going all in on Kane alone in the summer will solve our problem but our XI with Kane, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, and Pogba actually look sick and will excite me for sure.

lysglimt

Scout
Harry Kane is 28 years old in the summer - if Spurs will let him go, he will cost more than £100 million. Add to that agent fees and at least £300.000 a year - probably more. So the cost of having Harry Kane for 5 years will roughly be £200 million. After those 5 years his marketvalue will be close to zero as he is 33 years old - even if we renew his contract.

As much as I agree that he is the best striker available short-term, it's impossible to defend spending £200 million on a player who is 28 years, especially after a pandemic which has drained our reserves.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Harry Kane is 28 years old in the summer - if Spurs will let him go, he will cost more than £100 million. Add to that agent fees and at least £300.000 a year - probably more. So the cost of having Harry Kane for 5 years will roughly be £200 million. After those 5 years his marketvalue will be close to zero as he is 33 years old - even if we renew his contract.

As much as I agree that he is the best striker available short-term, it's impossible to defend spending £200 million on a player who is 28 years, especially after a pandemic which has drained our reserves.
I think it will take £150m to convince Levy. I doubt there will be massive agent fee, the guy is desperate to leave and he will be foolish not to tell his agent not to make it complicated. It will be like Bruno type of signing, a player who just wanted to leave and that’s why Bruno’s wages is relatively small compare to others. He’s 28 this year, so I expect him to perform until 32 or 33, it will be 5 years worth of investment.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Last week was where the report said we had discussion with Cavani about his future. Out of nowhere, instead of hearing Cavani agrees to stay another year, we got Bailly‘s new contract. Was the reason Bailly‘s new contract because we want to fully focus on just one signing Harry Kane, going all in on him because Cavani has confirmed that he’s leaving?

I’m not sure the idea of going all in on Kane alone in the summer will solve our problem but our XI with Kane, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, and Pogba actually look sick and will excite me for sure.
Cavani made it clear to Ole that he won't stay unless Eric signs a contract extension according to some reports.

Varun

Staff
Would 100% take Kane/Haaland as our only signing if it came to that. Nothing transforms a side as a genuinely top class #9 and I think we'd have been right up there with City, if not ahead this season with either of these 2 instead of Martial leading the line.

Agree we have other issues as well but an incremental improvement on lindelof or Fred can wait if the option is Harry Kane.

Mind you, I'm also sure it won't happen. Kane fecked it up when he signed that massive contract. He'll either go abroad or stay at Spurs, Levy won't sell to a PL club.

sglowrider

Would 100% take Kane/Haaland as our only signing if it came to that. Nothing transforms a side as a genuinely top class #9 and I think we'd have been right up there with City, if not ahead this season with either of these 2 instead of Martial leading the line.

Agree we have other issues as well but an incremental improvement on lindelof or Fred can wait if the option is Harry Kane.

Mind you, I'm also sure it won't happen. Kane fecked it up when he signed that massive contract. He'll either go abroad or stay at Spurs, Levy won't sell to a PL club.
I agree with the sentiments but £100+million for a 28y.o like Kane who may be able to offer us 3-4years at best? I rather spend the money elsewhere -- CB or Matic replacement and build up squad depth to compete for the long haul.

I said it a year ago, it looked like Ole's strategic plan was to 'time it' to compete with Liverpool (as their maturing squad burns itself out) in the near/medium run.
Then build squad depth for the medium term to compete with City -- either with grooming the academy players or buy for the gaps there will pop up along the way plus to give us tactical flexibility.

City's depth is just ridiculous -- very little drop-off with injuries or subs. We are improving but quite a few of the players (like Bruno, MacGuire, AWB with no respective backup) are clocking up some serious mileage.

Pagh Wraith

The only English clubs stupid enough to buy him would be United and Chelsea I think. But there are signs at United that they're becoming smarter with transfers.

Varun

Staff
I agree with the sentiments but £100+million for a 28y.o like Kane who may be able to offer us 3-4years at best? I rather spend the money elsewhere -- CB or Matic replacement and build up squad depth to compete for the long haul.

I said it a year ago, it looked like Ole's strategic plan was to 'time it' to compete with Liverpool (as their maturing squad burns itself out) in the near/medium run.
Then build squad depth for the medium term to compete with City -- either with grooming the academy players or buy for the gaps there will pop up along the way plus to give us tactical flexibility.

City's depth is just ridiculous -- very little drop-off with injuries or subs. We are improving but quite a few of the players (like Bruno, MacGuire, AWB with no respective backup) are clocking up some serious mileage.
I was talking in general about a top striker tbf, that's why I said Kane/Haaland. Don't see the point in discussing Kane's pros and cons in detail because it's a no goer due to his contract + levy.

Pep's Suit

He would transform you. Ok, he can offer only 3, maybe 4 seasons but I'd rather spend 120M on Kane than on Sancho+Kounde. Also, this City team is good but not some all-time great and with Kane as your CF you can finish with 90 points which could be enough to win PL next season.

sglowrider

He would transform you. Ok, he can offer only 3, maybe 4 seasons but I'd rather spend 120M on Kane than on Sancho+Kounde. Also, this City team is good but not some all-time great and with Kane as your CF you can finish with 90 points which could be enough to win PL next season.
I was talking in general about a top striker tbf, that's why I said Kane/Haaland. Don't see the point in discussing Kane's pros and cons in detail because it's a no goer due to his contract + levy.
Yeap. Getting Kane out of Levy's hands would make the Sancho saga like a walk in the park.

manuchamp88

He was in their Arsenal academy for a year and the Watford one but apparently hes a life long Spurs fan. I know he was born near the stadium. Not that it matters as I'm sure if he signs for A.N.other he will suddenly say he's that fan.
Fair enough.

lysglimt

Scout
I think it will take £150m to convince Levy. I doubt there will be massive agent fee, the guy is desperate to leave and he will be foolish not to tell his agent not to make it complicated. It will be like Bruno type of signing, a player who just wanted to leave and that’s why Bruno’s wages is relatively small compare to others. He’s 28 this year, so I expect him to perform until 32 or 33, it will be 5 years worth of investment.
No it wouldn't. First of all, there is no guarantee that he will perform until he is 33. Most strikers don't. He has also missed almost 20 matches over the last 2 seasons through injury. And if you are right and it will cost £150 million - and a minimum of £15 mil in wages - probably Close to £20 mil - that means the total cost will be £225-250 million for 5 years of service.

He could win us a title - granted, but so could Haaland - and he is 8 years younger.

matt10000

Realistically it would take at least 120m...unless there’s some clause in his contract that gets triggered by Spurs not winning trophies. I just can’t see it happening.
I would just pay 120m, as better Kane for 120m who will have huge impact than wasting 60 million on two players who make small impact

lsd

The Oracle
I would just pay 120m, as better Kane for 120m who will have huge impact than wasting 60 million on two players who make small impact

Well he will be company for Phil Jones in the medical room I suppose

GoldanoGraham

Kane won’t end up at Utd - can’t see him going anywhere to be fair - Levy has him on another 3 years and in the current economic climate nobody will pay what Levy would want - don’t see Kane throwing his toys out of his Pram for a move so don’t think he is going anywhere.....