Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Taking the general top 4 and the 2 London clubs away, would be incredibly interesting for the rest of the league, however it would kill the league. In the short term yes it would be competitive. Leeds would become a darling most likely. West Ham and Everton likely powerhouses behind Leicester...but long term?

The money would nosedive quickly and clubs would struggle to pay their players. Those 6 teams have a ridiculous following worldwide and sponsors would follow them. The TV right alone would plummet. Attendances aren't always 100% capacity until the big teams roll into town (bar the likes of Newcastle)

I think it could be an interesting "reset," but it could well be a bloody mess.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think it could be an interesting "reset," but it could well be a bloody mess.
Almost certainly as most clubs have medium and long term debt obligations (including player contracts) that run beyond the current sky TV deal (2022)
A collapse in TV revenue and probably accompanying sponsorship would see most of them struggle to remain solvent I think

The next phase of premier league TV rights are due to be auctioned in a few weeks I believe ... that will probably bring a lot of things into sparp focus as if its not resolved by then surely the likes of Sky / Amazon ? Bt etc are going to insist in a clause saying that if the big 6 are banned they will pay a certain % less for the rights (eg 75%?)

Redcy

I would guess that without the top 6 involved the TV rights go down by 50-75% at least. If you think its a coincidence with the timing of this it clearly isn't. Its bang before the Cl and TV rights deal.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I would guess that without the top 6 involved the TV rights go down by 50-75% at least. If you think its a coincidence with the timing of this it clearly isn't. Its bang before the Cl and TV rights deal.
yup... likley outcome is a tv deal gets negotiaged with a clause saying that if they ban the top 6 the revenues go down 75%

then the other 14 clubs get to vote on allowing the big 6 to stay in (and remain solvent) ... or kick them out and go bankrupt and have the directors barred from being directors... Im pretty confident which way that vote will go if it comes to it

Lee565

Am I the only one that would prefer son over kane as son will cost a lot less and fits our style of play more

SATA

He’s quite a loyal bloke isn’t he? Still backing up Jose until his final moments at the club where as everyone else at that club has by then alienated him

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Am I the only one that would prefer son over kane as son will cost a lot less and fits our style of play more
Son is a good player. Kane is world-class.

Can't see how Son suits us more tbh

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s quite a loyal bloke isn’t he? Still backing up Jose until his final moments at the club where as everyone else at that club has by then alienated him
A great trait indeed.
But you wonder if it's that same trait that will see him not maximise his football career.

I think he should stay there to be honest. Do it the Shearer way, and forever be a legend to those fans.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A great trait indeed.
But you wonder if it's that same trait that will see him not maximise his football career.

I think he should stay there to be honest. Do it the Shearer way, and forever be a legend to those fans.
Shearer won the league though. When you haven’t win it, you will have different emotion obviously.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another big game that completely passes him by. The guy has zero ambition if he doesn't move in the summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shearer won the league though. When you haven’t win it, you will have different emotion obviously.
Also a bit different, as he had what looked like a 50-50 choice between who would possibly win the next league, and one of them was his home team.
At the time as a kid I didn't even realise he was a Geordie, and couldn't believe he chose them over us. But it doesn't look an insane choice, just with massive hindsight.

Kane won't move, no-one is putting 100m in for him

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another big game that completely passes him by. The guy has zero ambition if he doesn't move in the summer.
People keep talking about his "all round game", but I hate i when he spends so much time hanging around the centre of the pitch.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Signing that contract is the biggest mistake of his career. He's not being sold now. No team will put up the money Spurs will want.

He's going to retire without winning anything most likely.

Samid

People keep talking about his "all round game", but I hate i when he spends so much time hanging around the centre of the pitch.
Tbf I can sort of understand why he does that. He wants to influence the game. The alternative is staying at CF and never receiving the ball anyway because the rest of the team is wank.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was also quite poor in it. It was another final he’d been rushed back for and played poorly in it as a result.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had that been a league game he'd not have even played. Clearly still injured but didn't want to miss a final which you can kind of understand.

Similar to the CL final. He started that one despite not being fit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He was also quite poor in it. It was another final he’d been rushed back for and played poorly in it as a result.
Yep, this shouldn't be forgotten.
He was a big doubt, and did pretty well to last 90.

Samid

Who would or could afford to buy him this summer?
If he puts in a transfer request and tries to force a move then several clubs will be interested (United, City, PSG, maybe a couple of Spanish teams). Without a transfer request there is no pressure on Levy to sell and they'll demand silly money. This is the time pressurise the club if he has any real ambition.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Even with a transfer request and whatever loyalty bonus he misses out on, Spurs would still be sure to ask for a bloody fortune. Covid has pretty much ensured he stays at Spurs. Shame too as I genuinely feel he will end up being a worldie without any medals....which begs the question. Can he be considered a world class player if he never won anything?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Obvious statement of the day: he's way too good for Spurs

croadyman

If he puts in a transfer request and tries to force a move then several clubs will be interested (United, City, PSG, maybe a couple of Spanish teams). Without a transfer request there is no pressure on Levy to sell and they'll demand silly money. This is the time pressurise the club if he has any real ambition.
Just cannot see him putting in a transfer request because he has too much loyalty to Spurs

Chairman Steve

I feel that this summer is a crossroads moment for him. He either leaves to go somewhere and win stuff or he stays at Spurs and repeats the Shearer/Newcastle story.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Imagine him plodding along slowing down every counter attack like he did today, this place would be fuming :lol:
Shouldn’t have played - clearly injured

kidbob

Yep, this shouldn't be forgotten.
He was a big doubt, and did pretty well to last 90.
Rooney never gets this allowance for the multiple international tournaments that he wasn't fit for but played anyway. Kane is incredible but for example I've never felt threatened when he plays us.

lilcurt

Yeah that's another thing though isn't it, another injury is never too far away for him these days. I just think the moment to get him is gone for the money Levy would want.
This, one too many injuries now to be worth the big money. Would rather get Ings and fix more important positions.

cyberman

Shouldn’t have played - clearly injured
Happens everytime he gets an injury yet his over eagerness to play lets fans say oh he only missed x amount of games. In reality its a higher number because he plays so often when he isnt fit