Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That is nonsense. He signed a contract and nobody has bid an amount that Spurs value him at. It absolutely is a scummy thing to do to your club, especially your boyhood club where you're supposed to show loyalty
Boyhood club?

Kane’s an Arsenal fan and spent many years as a youth team player (all be it at junior level) at Arsenal before moving to Spurs

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If this is true, he should be stripped of his England captaincy.

He has been unsportmanlike on the pitch very frequent, this would just be continuing it off the pitch. He signed that contract himself. I wouldnt be surprised if the media doesn't give him any stick though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The idea 100m is a fair price for Kane is bollocks. He’s the best player in the league, 3 years on his deal and has only just turned 28. Ben White just cost 50m, Rice is valued at 80m…if City want him they can pay up.
I agree that he's worth a lot more given the context of other transfers. And Spurs should definitely not be accepting that City have a set a price (like Barca and Real like to do). I still think a deal is likely.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
believing all the bullshit about him loving the club and he will have been shown up as a bit of a fraud all round.
This is the mistake fans make. He probably does love the club but his priority will always be his career. This is a profession for him. Fans should always look at it both ways.

youmeletsfly

Gotta say - if this all turns out to be true and Harry has decided not to turn up for training then I'm massively disappointed in him - I will also feel like an idiot for believing all the bullshit about him loving the club and he will have been shown up as a bit of a fraud all round. Not sure who is advising him to act like this but it's not good - just look at the difference between how Grealish is acting vs Kane - it's pretty damning.
C'mon man, are you taking the piss? It's quite obvious that he went on strike because Levy refused to consider his transfer, otherwise, why would he?
Spurs should also consider he carried them on his back for quite a while and allow him to move on as he has been a loyal and valuable player for them.

The guy's almost 29 and, as Pogba, he might want one final big contract until he retires. Staying at Spurs doesn't get him sporting achievements or a great a mount of money, amount that, let's be honest, he should earn, considering he's constantly scoring 25 - 30 a season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I may be totally wrong here, but isn't a buyout clause illegal in England? Thought I had read something along those lines. Though I can't understand it myself, so I am probably wrong.
Let me rephrase, a release clause. The two are different(just found out a few weeks ago).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
C'mon man, are you taking the piss? It's quite obvious that he went on strike because Levy refused to consider his transfer, otherwise, why would he?
Spurs should also consider he carried them on his back for quite a while and allow him to move on as he has been a loyal and valuable player for them.

The guy's almost 29 and, as Pogba, he might want one final big contract until he retires. Staying at Spurs doesn't get him sporting achievements or a great a mount of money, amount that, let's be honest, he should earn, considering he's constantly scoring 25 - 30 a season.
That's just not true - Levy has set a price that he will sell Kane - City havent met it yet. If they meet the asking price Levy will sell him. Also he only JUST turned 28.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn't expect it. Truly unprofessional from him and Spurs fans have the right to be furious but I guess that's the only way to force Levy to sell.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I agree that he's worth a lot more given the context of other transfers. And Spurs should definitely not be accepting that City have a set a price (like Barca and Real like to do). I still think a deal is likely.
I think a deal will be done but on Spurs’ terms. Kane mentioned a price in the Neville interview no doubt informed by City what they’d pay. So City decide the price, Kane goes on strike and Spurs give in? Who the feck do these cnuts think they are? They don’t own English football. Milk them dry.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

They reward him for being loyal and valuable by a contract, and giving him the opportunity to leave if a fair bid comes round. They can also keep him for the remaining tenure of his contract.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Levy: "Sign this new contract Harry, if you want to leave at some point we'll accept a reasonable fee and won't stand in your way, I promise!"

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not bullshit and you know it can’t be holding onto unhappy players does nothing for anyone.

Signed 3 years but doesn’t want to be there anymore got to let him leave.
Levy wont sell him for less than he thinks the player is worth. If Kane doesn't leave this window it's because City didn't pay up not because Spurs refused to sell.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They reward him for being loyal and valuable by a contract, and giving him the opportunity to leave if a fair bid comes round. They can also keep him for the remaining tenure of his contract.
We haven't received a 'fair bid' yet

NK86

That's just not true - Levy has set a price that he will sell Kane - City havent met it yet. If they meet the asking price Levy will sell him. Also he only JUST turned 28.
Fleece City. Not that it will even make a dent in their state filled coffers but make them sweat till the last day.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not bullshit and you know it can’t be holding onto unhappy players does nothing for anyone.

Signed 3 years but doesn’t want to be there anymore got to let him leave.
Do you really think that has any effect on other players, Son literally signed a new contract a week or so ago.? Il happily let him leave for his value.

Infestissumam

what's the endgame here? He has zero leverage with a contract that runs until 2024. All this will do is worsen his reputation.

buchansleftleg

It's in Levy's plan to drag this out as long as possible. If he can drive up the price tag then that's good for him. It also means..."oh no we don't have time to spend any of the money on a replacement!"

Given how Spurs behaved on the whole super league thing, and the fact they probably have spiralling debts from a new stadium I suspect they are actually incredibly close to going under.

The impact of covid hit them at the worst possible moment when they were at maximum exposure of the costs of building the new stadium. The lack of crowds and matchday revenue will have hit them harder than anyone else in the premier league. I can see City will come back in with another late offer and but Levy will delay until the last minute, hoping for another last gasp bid, but mainly for the handy excuse to have the money keep them afloat, rather than invest it in players.

If the season progresses as normal Spurs will probably ride out the storm, but if we get any further crowd restrictions as Autumn progresses then Spurs may struggle and best case scenario will be a fire sale of players in January, but they may not even get that far.

I'm thinking of putting in a little wager that Spurs get relegated, not because of on pitch activity, but because of going into administration. Watch this Space!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's in Levy's plan to drag this out as long as possible. If he can drive up the price tag then that's good for him. It also means..."oh no we don't have time to spend any of the money on a replacement!"

Given how Spurs behaved on the whole super league thing, and the fact they probably have spiralling debts from a new stadium I suspect they are actually incredibly close to going under.

The impact of covid hit them at the worst possible moment when they were at maximum exposure of the costs of building the new stadium. The lack of crowds and matchday revenue will have hit them harder than anyone else in the premier league. I can see City will come back in with another late offer and but Levy will delay until the last minute, hoping for another last gasp bid, but mainly for the handy excuse to have the money keep them afloat, rather than invest it in players.

If the season progresses as normal Spurs will probably ride out the storm, but if we get any further crowd restrictions as Autumn progresses then Spurs may struggle and best case scenario will be a fire sale of players in January, but they may not even get that far.

I'm thinking of putting in a little wager that Spurs get relegated, not because of on pitch activity, but because of going into administration. Watch this Space!
None of our debt is short term, while we have a lot of debt we are in no immediate trouble.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
If this is true, he should be stripped of his England captaincy.

He has been unsportmanlike on the pitch very frequent, this would just be continuing it off the pitch. He signed that contract himself. I wouldnt be surprised if the media doesn't give him any stick though.
I'm not sure he will lose any sleep, but what's that got to do with his Spurs issues?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
180m is not a fair price for Harry Kane because no one will pay it.
There is only one club in the world who would/could pay it and that happens to be the one club trying to buy him. If you were Levy would you not be trying to get as much cash as possible for him? Im honestly surprised at how many in here seem totally fine with City being able to just buy whoever they want but not only that, seem to want the selling clubs to lower their valuations of players to make it easier for them? Very odd.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Sancho says hello... dreadful most of last season for Dortmund, especially the start.

Kane already on strike.

Need to look at the context of his career. He's lost the league Cup and Euro 2020 final this year alone. This is a guy who is supposedly a top striker, is 28 and has won absolutely nothing in his entire career :eek:!

Pretty convinced he'll do whatever it takes to get out given those facts.
There is nothing he can do and there's certainly nothing he can do but play football once the window has closed.

Sancho didn't play bad on purpose, and different situation since (at least that's what I remember) he said he was always gonna be respectful of Dortmund's decision. Just a bad spell for a young player imo.

Kane knew he was signing a SIX YEAR EXTENSION at fecking Tottenham. What did he expect to win there exactly, a League Cup here and there? It was a braindead decision on his part if he wasn't dead set on being a one-club man. He also knew very well how difficult his chairman can be during transfer discussions, so it's not like something changed on that part either in the meantime. He made a mistake and is paying for it now, but staying away from pre-season training is just childish behaviour. Make your stance know and be a professional about it, it's not in your hands. Not sure what he's trying to achieve with this, Levy knows he won't hold out once the season starts / window closes, and he's not exactly gaining goodwill from Levy either with this decision.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Boyhood club?

Kane’s an Arsenal fan and spent many years as a youth team player (all be it at junior level) at Arsenal before moving to Spurs
Why do you feel the need to lie?
Did you read the latter part of that & not understand it or did you just choose to ignore it?

Ok, it may have been 1 year and not “many years” - but he was a part of their academy.

devilo

I think City can pay it - they have unlimited funds - Levy is 100% entitled to demand that type of figure.
Fixed it for you. Levy can ask for whatever he likes, but that doesn't mean it's a fair price. Nobody is worth £180m in the current climate in my opinion.

Classical Mechanic

You don't think City can afford it?
Probably not within the FFP rules but it's more about what is a realistic price and £180m is way over that. No club would pay it so Levy is being disingenuous at the least.

I don’t know why you and others in here are so desperate for Spurs to bow down at the teet to their City overlords and let them be bullied into selling the England captain, with three years on his contract for 40% less than his value?
I'm not desperate for anything. No one really thinks that Kane is worth £180m.

MiceOnMeth

You don't think City can afford it?
Grealish is the first time City are willing to break the 50-60 million barrier for a single player. I think it is a stretch to think theyd then spend Neymar money on a 28 year old Kane

CM

Gotta say - if this all turns out to be true and Harry has decided not to turn up for training then I'm massively disappointed in him - I will also feel like an idiot for believing all the bullshit about him loving the club and he will have been shown up as a bit of a fraud all round. Not sure who is advising him to act like this but it's not good - just look at the difference between how Grealish is acting vs Kane - it's pretty damning.
Bit of a different situation. Grealish knows City are already in for him and there's a good chance Villa will let him leave.

Kane's made his position pretty clear and his chances of a move are dwindling. If Kane doesn't take action he will be stuck at Spurs for another year.

His fault for signing the deal he did but that's the situation now. I don't think he was fully sold on the year with Mourinho last year but gave it a go contingent on being allowed to leave if it didn't work out.

BarstoolProphet

There is only one club in the world who would/could pay it and that happens to be the one club trying to buy him. If you were Levy would you not be trying to get as much cash as possible for him? Im honestly surprised at how many in here seem totally fine with City being able to just buy whoever they want but not only that, seem to want the selling clubs to lower their valuations of players to make it easier for them? Very odd.

Because that will give us a "free" run at Haaland next summer :wenger:

Best regards,
Muppets

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Spurs would do well to take any bid over 100m and commit to a full rebuild, what use is Kane to a full rebuild squad where they are going to be well off the top 4 for the next couple of years anyway (the last few years of Kane's prime). It's no longer a top 6, it's back to being a top 4 and considering their squad, it's really time for a rebuild IMO as I just don't see them getting all too close to 4th.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Did you read the latter part of that & not understand it or did you just choose to ignore it?

Ok, it may have been 1 year and not “many years” - but he was a part of their academy.
Harry Kane is not an Arsenal fan - it's ridiculous that people still say this.