Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Enlighten me.
Sure, if you could just go ahead and list everything you have read about Kane and everything you have read about Pogba, I’ll be happy to go through it with you.

RedDevilzFox

Sure, if you could just go ahead and list everything you have read about Kane and everything you have read about Pogba, I’ll be happy to go through it with you.
Well I know what Pogba's mouthpiece says about man utd on a regular basis. I have rarely heard anything from Kane or his mouthpiece. When Kane has been 5x the player for spurs than PP for us.

Judas

Open to offers
Kane’s an idiot for signing that contract and he’s a bigger idiot for acting like he is now. That and that daft interview with Neville, he’s made himself look a total plum.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How else do you suggest he’s supposed to make people take him seriously?
Do you think Levy suddenly takes him more seriously because he decided not to fulfill his contractual obligations anymore? If anything it'll anger him and only harden his stance imo.

If you want people to take you seriously, act like a professional and quietly go about your business with the people who have an influence in that decision, i.e. Levy. If he hands in an official transfer request and he doesn't get sold, there is literally nothing he can do against that.

RedDevilzFox

The problem with you lot is you see Raiola different from PP, I don't.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No they’re not ….the rational Spurs fans could see this happening.

He’s given his football career to Spurs and England. He told the club in May he wanted to leave, seemingly already having a gentleman’s agreement with Levy. How can any genuine Spurs fan be “disgusted“ with him?

His leaving is a result of years of lack of investment in quality players, which had it been done Spurs would have secured some silverware and Kane would not be in this situation.

If Spurs fans want to blame anyone, then blame Levy.
Was the gentleman's agreement for a specific fee? Becuase it's important that any buying club meets Spurs' valuation of the player. If Kane didn't care about that, he shouldn't have extended. Spurs don't need to sell him for a lower fee.

acnumber9

He’ll get his move. It’s not in Spurs interests to keep him at all costs. For once he’s done the smart thing. Even if it does expose him as every bit the cnut his on field actions have suggested for years.

The Purley King

Levy has agreed to sell him if City meet the clubs valuation - that's the agreement. The ball is in City's court. Who do you think should set a players valuation - the player or a club chairman?
Is that definitely the agreement though? Not sure I've seen it confirmed.
If it was as you say and Kane is dependent on Levy setting a reasonable price rather than having a figure mutually agreed on, well then he's screwed. Shouldn't have dealt with Rumplestiltskin in the first place.

amolbhatia50k

Kane’s an idiot for signing that contract and he’s a bigger idiot for acting like he is now. That and that daft interview with Neville, he’s made himself look a total plum.
I like how he causally threw in Messi and Ronaldo as the players he wants to emulate or something to that effect.

Seriously, though, I don't know why people act as if Spurs owe him a debt.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Well I know what Pogba's mouthpiece says about man utd on a regular basis. I have rarely heard anything from Kane or his mouthpiece. When Kane has been 5x the player for spurs than PP for us.
Kane did an hour long interview 2 months ago saying he wanted to leave and Levy should sell him for 100m. Seemed disrespectful to me but I guess an agent saying their player wants to leave for Madrid is much worse.

Pickle85

Without trying to kill you both with diplomacy, I think there's some truth both sides here. Pogba definitely gets a rougher deal than most from the media and fans - agreed - but it's also true that there are a lot of reasons why Kane would be given an easier ride, beyond media bias: he's 'one of their own', has been their best player for the last five years or whatever, has stuck around through tough times when he could have moved on to bigger things, and hasn't ever really been involved in a 'will he/won't he' saga. As I say, I definitely agree that Pogba gets a raw deal from press and fans but I also think that Kane has done more to earn goodwill, certainly from Spurs fans.

RedDevilzFox

Kane did an hour long interview 2 months ago saying he wanted to leave and Levy should sell him for 100m. Seemed disrespectful to me but I guess an agent saying their player wants to leave for Madrid is much worse.
Far more respectful IMO than what PP's lapdog does on a regular basis. Hell I will have more respect for PP if he came out and just said he wants man utd to sell him for 100m.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Is that definitely the agreement though? Not sure I've seen it confirmed.
If it was as you say and Kane is dependent on Levy setting a reasonable price rather than having a figure mutually agreed on, well then he's screwed. Shouldn't have dealt with Rumplestiltskin in the first place.
Hell would have to freeze over before Levy agrees on a set transfer fee a year in advance for his captain and best player.

theklr

Apparantly City hasnt used the 45m from Sane sale, and that is boosted by another 50m for Angelino, Jack Harrison, Lukas Nmecha and the 15% from Sancho.

With the potential sale of Ilic, Herrera, Porro and Rodgers + some loan fees they have another 40m, and a total of around 135m.

So thats before they even possibly sell Bernardo Silva .

(James Ducker Q&A)

RedDevilzFox

And then doesn’t turn up for training when we refuse? Yeah. Sure you would.
If he did for Man Utd for Kane's done for spurs (when Kane could have gone anywhere in his prime), yes I would. PP on the other hands just half arses it for majority of the season only to turn up for a purple patch and all is good. Then his agent tells us how lucky we are to have him. Its hilarious.

amolbhatia50k

If Grealish is worth 100 million, Spurs should expect no less than 150 million for Kane. They're not exactly equals as footballers.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Grealish is 100m and 2 years younger. You either ridiculously overrate Grealish or seriously underestimate how in short supply a player like Kane with his scoring and assist numbers is in world football. He’s worth 150m easily and everyone would have said that would be the fee back in May if you were told Kane was being sold this summer before him and City colluded into getting 100m out there. They’re trying to bully Spurs into accepting a fee way below his value and they can go feck themselves. That would be my response if I was Levy anyway.
That said spurs do owe the bank about a billion quid ... probably need several new players themselves, dont have anybody else willing to pay over a hundred million to them and kane wants out - so yeah cant blame city for low balling them... could see a deal somewhere in the middle with some addons being agreed though ... say 125 million - plus 5 million if city win the league, 5 million if they win the champions league, 5 million if kane plays a hundred times, 5 million if he scores 100 goals 5 million if he finishes top scorer in the premier league with kane handing in a transfer request and getting a bigger signing on bonus

RedDevilzFox

Absolute bobbins. If Pogba was acting like Kane is you’d be tears and raging like a big old baby.
I am already on record to suggest PP should leave. The drama just has never been worth it. Kane on the other hand, has been worth every penny for spurs.

InfiniteBoredom

I don't think so - we will have a huge amount of cash to spend on refreshing the squad which is badly needed.
That’s assuming you get it right. The Bale money was spunked ineffectively on multiple punts, with Eriksen the only hit. Were it not for Kane’s emergence as manna from heaven, you would’ve most likely been in your current position since then.

Zen86

Personally I think Kane's best years are behind him. Spurs would do well to cash in on him now as I can see his value falling quite drastically over the next two years.

It's an interesting shift in transfer policy from City. They've generally avoided big headline signings such as Kane and Grealish in recent years, and neither of these players would I peg as being particularly good signings for them.

flappyjay

Why do players keep falling for Levy's gentlemen's agreements?
The average redcafe member will tell you not to fall for it, so I don't get how these players fall for it. Does levy grease their agents palms? I guess this is why Raiola is important to his players.

ghagua

I just wish United got rid of the trash and made room to sign Kane. If we can raise 100 million from selling all the excess in the squad, we should be able to go for him and can afford the signing fee and his wages.

flappyjay

Levy is going to drag this out until 22:59 on 31st August. We know how this is going to end.

In some way I don’t blame him though. The Spurs squad is going to look really fecking ordinary if he leaves. It’s basically Son carrying them all.

Levy needs to bite the bullet and get it done then spend it on adequate replacements, which will be hard considering the entire world now knows youve got at least £100m to blow and desparately need a centre forward.
This is the summer for buying . Teams are accepting lower than normal bids because of Corona. If they can get a 100m and a decent player from city that would be a very good deal.

flappyjay

If he had doubts about winning things at Spurs, or had doubts about his long-term future back then, either sign a shorter contract (6 years at 25 years old ffs) or don't sign a contract at all. No one forced him to.
He and his agent are not the sharpest tools in the shed for agreeing to that deal if staying at Spurs for his entire career wasn't the goal. Throw Zaha and his agent into this group.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He and his agent are not the sharpest tools in the shed for agreeing to that deal if staying at Spurs for his entire career wasn't the goal. Throw Zaha and his agent into this group.
That would also be his brother. :lol:

Wilt

Do you think Levy suddenly takes him more seriously because he decided not to fulfill his contractual obligations anymore? If anything it'll anger him and only harden his stance imo.

If you want people to take you seriously, act like a professional and quietly go about your business with the people who have an influence in that decision, i.e. Levy. If he hands in an official transfer request and he doesn't get sold, there is literally nothing he can do against that.
In an ideal world then yes Kane should quietly go about his business, but I think it’s gone past that point now and more drastic actions need to be taken. (Besides, it also makes more interesting viewing)

Do agree he needs to hand in an official transfer request.

SuperiorXI

Can players not be fined if they breach their contracts? They do seem to take the piss often. Ultimately in life you should never sign something you're not 100% on, especially long term deals. Remember feeling when he signed his extension it was a very foolish move, should have negotiated down the contract length to 2 or 3 years.

Us with Moyes was another example of a catastrophic deal but the other way around!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What is a transfer request supposed to change? It doesn't trigger anything legally outside of the player potentialy losing money.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Can players not be fined if they breach their contracts? They do seem to take the piss often. Ultimately in life you should never sign something you're not 100% on, especially long term deals. Remember feeling when he signed his extension it was a very foolish move, should have negotiated down the contract length to 2 or 3 years.

Us with Moyes was another example of a catastrophic deal but the other way around!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jul/22/luka-modric-fined-spurs-tour

Classical Mechanic

Ah same sort of thing as Kane then, didn't know Modric also signed a 6-year deal with them... I suppose those deals provide security in case of injury etc but it seems over the top and open to being kept against your will.
I'm not convinced on the injury protection idea. I think Levy is just a brilliant salesman. He used to have his squad on contracts well below their market worth and managed to get them to extend every couple of years, they were basically perpetually locked in on poor contracts.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Let's hope city fork out that crazy dough, he goes to city and flops a la Shevchenko and we run away with the league sprining a half decade of dominance.