Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
£90m/6yrs/52wks = £288k a week.

Edit: Just read the article and it mentions £200k/week but £15m/year. £15m/52wks = £288k/week :houllier:
I thought that, £288k a week is definitely not £200k a week lol. Fair play to Kane, but surely the other players will be knocking on Levy’s door soon enough.

Boycott

£90m/6yrs/52wks = £288k a week.

Edit: Just read the article and it mentions £200k/week but £15m/year. £15m/52wks = £288k/week :houllier:
You need to take into account how much of a % comes through bonuses rather than salary.

Kane despite not being on 100k a week salary before this extension was very obviously taking home more than 100k regularly because of bonuses. That is how Levy operates and why Tottenham players renew their deals very frequently despite there being years left to run. Because if they're hitting their bonuses fairly regularly then agents will rightly want it reflected in wage. I'm pretty sure this must be Kane's third renewal and he's been a first team player for about five years.

CA1

Spurs have done well here but they need to add to what they've got. They need to do what Liverpool are doing.

Jack Grealish isn't going to do it.

SPURSY85

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane could very easily go to another club and win loads of trophies, but fair play to him for sticking with Spurs. I respect that.

to be fair, He probably believes he can win trophies at Totteham. We're not that far off. Although I know a lot of you on here believe we belong in 10th place.

Ciddy

Fair play to both him and Spurs..... They're not a million miles away from really challenging and this along with the Poch deal I imagine will help secure a few other signings. At least they know they're due a good fee should anyone want to take either away now. A new stadium next year. Things looking do for them to be honest. I'd love to have seen him here at some point but I guess that's not going to happen now.

SPURSY85

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No ambition

I never expected him to leave. Think he will pull a Shearer and I actually respect that.
Sigh.......

Or, you know he's playing for one of the best clubs in the country having come up through the youth system and believes he can win trophies with us.

edcunited1878

Well done to Kane for committing himself to Spurs and understanding that he belongs. With that said, is Tottenham's wage structure now obsolete because if I'm Eriksen's agent, I immediately phone up Levy to make my client the second highest earner to Kane in the £150K to £175K bracket. Then comes Alli, Lloris, Vertongen, etc.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Kane could very easily go to another club and win loads of trophies, but fair play to him for sticking with Spurs. I respect that.
You respect a player for showing low ambition?
Are you serious?
This is the very definition of a loser mentality.

If my son had the chance to go to Oxford or Cambridge University, but instead chose to go to a less prestigious uni, because it was closer to where he lives, I'd kick him out and tell him that the only way he gets back in, is if he accepts the offer from Oxbridge.

Perhaps Alex Ferguson should've stayed at Aberdeen for the rest of his life. I mean, why come to manage MUFC, when you can play safe and stay with Aberdeen?

Some people have such low ambition, it actually begs belief.

Boycott

Are you serious?

If my son had the chance to go to Oxford or Cambridge University, but instead chose to go to a less prestigious uni, because it was closer to where he lives, I'd kick him out and tell him that the only way he gets back in, is if he accepts the offer from Oxbridge.

Perhaps Alex Ferguson should've stayed at Aberdeen for the rest of his life. I mean, why come to manage MUFC, when you can play safe and stay with Aberdeen?

To have the chance to go to Oxford or Cambridge you have to get an offer

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Well played Spurs. My first reaction was to feel that Kane is slightly lacking in ambition here, as he can play for basically any club in the world. He'd win trophies elsewhere, while Spurs probably won't win much. But I suppose there's nothing wrong with staying loyal to Spurs either...

Nadger

Supports
Spurs
Until they sign high value players and have a huge wage bill, I would hold fire on the "powerhouse" label
White text
Are you serious?

Well, I got an offer from Oxford University but didn’t want to go (I wanted to go to music college instead) but everyone told me I should go to Oxford so I did, didn’t enjoy the course at all and was “invited to leave” after two years.

So if you force your son to go somewhere he doesn’t want to, that says more about you than him.

Zoo

There are comments from him today saying that he wants to win a trophy next season. No pressure Poch.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No ambition

I never expected him to leave. Think he will pull a Shearer and I actually respect that.
Didn't Shearer at one point hold the world record transfer fee? :lol:

Fair play on Kane - he's at the perfect club for him right now, and his progression each season is largely thanks to this. It'll be interesting to see if this contract sets a precedence amongst the Spurs squad - will other key players start demanding something similar, and will Levy be willing to offer more sizeable contracts?

Trizy

It’s reportedly £200k per week (ie ~10m/year), which could rise to 15m/yr with bonuses
Is that just papers doing a United? (Let's make it sound more expensive to sell papers). An extra 88k a weeks seems excessive, unless they're counting that IF he scores every week the maximum he will earn is that figure in bonuses.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Fair fecking play to Spurs. Acting like an ambitious club right now. Apart from that obvious person, I don't think they are a unlikable club at all.
That obvious person excels at making them unlikable though. :lol:

Spirit of Solskjaer

There are comments from him today saying that he wants to win a trophy next season. No pressure Poch.
Well he should've considered that before signing a long term contract with Spurs. Crazy move if he really wants trophies, especially if Madrid's reported interest is true.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Jesus. 6 years. If he ever goes it’ll be for at least £250m

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
This was reported months ago that Kane would be getting a 200k contract, most of Spurs squad will be getting wage boosts now the new stadium is about to be finished you would imagine. Well those players staying at the club that commit to 'the project'.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Jesus. 6 years. If he ever goes it’ll be for at least £250m
At this point, I don't see him leaving for another 3 years. He doesn't seem the type to kick up a fuss and while he's there I can see Spurs generally making top 4.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pochettino and then Kane had to be the first two for symbolic reasons as much as anything else, but I assume we will see 3-4 more Spurs players signing big new deals this summer. The consistent Champions League football and playing in big stadiums with corporate boxes, etc ... has really boosted Spurs revenue the past couple of years. The wage gap between Spurs and the very tip top of the league should be closing someway (will not be the same level, but much closer than it has been).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wonder if he has a release clause or something.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
At this point, I don't see him leaving for another 3 years. He doesn't seem the type to kick up a fuss and while he's there I can see Spurs generally making top 4.
Maybe so, but at some point in the near future clubs like City, Madrid, Barca and us will be able to offer £250m+ for him, and absurd wages that he might not be able to turn down.

Knowing Levy, this contract is a business decision so he can get a shit load of money for him!

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
Are you serious?

Moving to a club that regularly wins trophies to enjoy a piece of the cake is not ambition. It's called glory hunting.

A better analogy would be your son is a teacher and decides to teach and Oxford or Cambridge because the students are smarter, rather than use his skills to help struggling students in an underachieving school pass their exams.

Guy Incognito

Contract doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If Spurs don't win anything for another two seasons and/or miss out on CL football, there is every possibility someone like Pochettino will be agitating for a move.

Kane doesn't seem the type to get out of his comfort zone either. If he was going to leave it'll be one of the Manchester clubs, not Real.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
This made me very happy. I was expecting new deals to be offered to Poch and Kane (and others), but to see it happening and signed does feel good, Eriksen, Son, Verthongen etc next please! :)

Matspur

Supports
Tottenham
To those wondering if Kane's new contract will get our other players on the phone to their agents, demanding new contracts. They needn't worry. The club will offer new contracts to pretty much all of the squad offering increased wages to represent the increase in income the club now has.

robbie81

Supports
Chelsea
inflation and brexit will make this deal a bargain, 200k in 6 years will be like 100k now.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyJ1985

Spurs fans will obviously celebrate, but it makes no difference whether Kane stays or goes, they'll never win trophies either way.

Varun

Staff
Contract doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If Spurs don't win anything for another two seasons and/or miss out on CL football, there is every possibility someone like Pochettino will be agitating for a move.

Kane doesn't seem the type to get out of his comfort zone either. If he was going to leave it'll be one of the Manchester clubs, not Real.
A 6yr contract means a lot especially when it's coupled with the amount of money in the PL. He's essentially pricing himself out of a move which is weird given some really big clubs are going to go shopping for a striker soon. Guess his loyalty to Spurs is that strong.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not really a surprise. He's the one that's most likely to stay since he's local.