Harry Kane MBE | Performances

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
The fact you are using players such as those to make a comparison with Kane proves that he is absolutely top class.
I knew it was a big shout when I posted but your point stands up.
I've seen Kane score with ridiculous diving headers. He just seems to get exactly the right amount of "glance" on so many occasions. It's instinctive. He gets himself into impossible positions and places the header just where it needs to go. Its hard to argue definitively.

cyberman

That's only one of them

Yeah but at the same time your qualifiers have been joke groups for a while now. If anything your friendlies have been more competitive than Slovakia at home etc.
Goes for all of your strikers over the last decade and a half

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Yeah but at the same time your qualifiers have been joke groups for a while now. If anything your friendlies have been more competitive than Slovakia at home etc.
Goes for all of your strikers over the last decade and a half
Weird clutch...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That's only one of them

Obviously Kane has a great record. But clearly it has become easier to boost your international goals tallies since (a) tournaments have been expanded to let in more cannon fodder and (b) Europe broke up into lots of small countries (the number almost doubling since 1990). Someone like Lineker who had to routinely play in tougher qualifying groups and tougher tournaments (8-team Euros, 24-team World Cups) would surely have shifted up their international haul by another 10-20 goals in the current environment.

Tom Cato

That's only one of them

Kane has 7 goals against teams that aren't group qualifier fodder.

I don't get why the twitter guy had to make a comment on Lineker when it was Alan Shearer he was referring to. Cheap way to score a "gotcha" I guess.

cyberman

Weird clutch...
Not really. Your games v France, Germany, Spain etc are a lot harder than the dross you get in group games so I cant see why qualifiers v friendlies really matters here.
Evem then Rooney only has 16 out of 52 in friendlies, your lot do take advantage of those groups!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He has now become the fastest player in Champion's League history to reach 20 CL goals.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
24 in 24 this season apparently for Club & Country

kidbob

Just awesome, I’m just glad he is one of our own.
Incredible player. Do you reckon that his loyalty will ever wane if you can't offer him the trophies he deserves? Or is he a one club man like Le Tissier, won't include Maldini, Giggs etc because much easier staying at a club winning every trophy available.

InLevyITrust

Supports
Tottenham
Incredible player. Do you reckon that his loyalty will ever wane if you can't offer him the trophies he deserves? Or is he a one club man like Le Tissier, won't include Maldini, Giggs etc because much easier staying at a club winning every trophy available.
I think Teddy, he will go at 28 or 29, if he does go. Just look at his reactions after the goal tonight.

kidbob

I think Teddy, he will go at 28 or 29, if he does go. Just look at his reactions after the goal tonight.
I always like seeing loyal players like that but obviously achievements come into it too. I mean the guy might go on to be England's best ever striker (Rooney was a 9.5 or whatever ;)) so it would be weird for him to not have the titles to show for it. Obviously Spurs could, potentially, provide that but do you reckon it'd be abroad if he had to leave or could you see the likes of City or Chelsea as a possibility too? If I had to guess I'd think one of Bayern, Barca or Madrid (it's always bloody Madrid!).

InLevyITrust

Supports
Tottenham
I always like seeing loyal players like that but obviously achievements come into it too. I mean the guy might go on to be England's best ever striker (Rooney was a 9.5 or whatever ;)) so it would be weird for him to not have the titles to show for it. Obviously Spurs could, potentially, provide that but do you reckon it'd be abroad if he had to leave or could you see the likes of City or Chelsea as a possibility too? If I had to guess I'd think one of Bayern, Barca or Madrid (it's always bloody Madrid!).
He wouldn’t join Chelsea, City is probably the best shout. I can’t see him going abroad, i think Shearers record is important to him, also England honours.

BrownRecluse

He’s very talented but goes down much too easily. If he were a Dio song he would be Holy Diver. That said, I think he’s do well at City or Chelsea.

Redplane

Wish we woulda moved heaven and earth for this guy when we probably were better positioned to do so. With Mou there now it seems unlikely he ll go anywhere for a while. Though Mou will probably get pissed off with Spurs' pay limitations.

Scroto Baggins

Fastest player to 20 in CL competition. In a good but not great Spurs team is a great effort. Wasnt it last season he scored over 40% of Spurs goals? He is pretty much putting that team on his back and carrying them. I dont buy into the 'without Eriksen he isnt that great' argument. Provided he gets some service he smashes them in for the national team which i think puts that argument to bed.

26 and coming into his prime, be interesting to see if he stays at Spurs or like Eriksen, looks for a move for trophies.

InLevyITrust

Supports
Tottenham
Fastest player to 20 in CL competition. In a good but not great Spurs team is a great effort. Wasnt it last season he scored over 40% of Spurs goals? He is pretty much putting that team on his back and carrying them. I dont buy into the 'without Eriksen he isnt that great' argument. Provided he gets some service he smashes them in for the national team which i think puts that argument to bed.

26 and coming into his prime, be interesting to see if he stays at Spurs or like Eriksen, looks for a move for trophies.
He will stay in the short term anyway. 28-29, for a striker of his ability and his ability to score and supply it’s amazing there has never been any team to make a solid bid for him. I think Jose’s recent comments backed that up.