Harry Kane MBE | Performances

marktan

Our best player by far.

Golden media darling Foden should've tried turning up.

BorisManUtd

Always thought he'd miss that 2nd penalty, especially against his Spurs teammate. Very good tournament for him though.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Two penalties against your club team mate in a match of that magnitude is an easy thing to choke over. Messi misses his fair share.

sirAlexsglasses

Don’t let the same guy take a penalty twice. Especially against a goalie he sees every day.

Awful stuff.
100% this, I just knew he would miss, not because he’s shot because he isn’t, someone else should have taken that penalty.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He will be absolutely distraught after that. If he decides to stay at Spurs, this could have been his big chance to win something meaningful.

He is well on his way to retiring as the best ever footballing to have zero trophies at his career’s end. He is quality and it’s hard not to have sympathy. He has made some stupid decisions and been ill advised.

Canagel

I have to say I feel sorry for him. He displayed a masterclass in centre forward play but nobody will remember it.

Forever a nearly man.

hp88

Would have him at United if it wasn’t for thee stupid price tag Spurs have put on him.

Lecland07

I really hope he does go to a team that can challenge for titles. Would be a shame if he finishes at Tottenham with nothing.

El Zoido

Penalties are scored and missed, it’s a shame but it happens. Takes nothing away from him, England should have won this game.

cyberman

It’s always a mind game as to if he goes the same way so why not stick it down the middle?

cyberman

Our best player by far.

Golden media darling Foden should've tried turning up.
Kane was better in the first half when France didn’t allow him to drop deep. Rolling defenders in the box, should have got a pen as a 9 would. Soon as France gave that up he became non existent.
It’s a problem Kane has brought for years now and tonight it caught up on them

mikeyt

He turned up tonight and was superb as our number 9 but the very best take a breath and pop that pen away. That's the difference between being great and being nearly great.

Gutting as England played well tonight but the subs from Southgate were shocking! Sterling for Saka was a shocker!

PoTMS

England need a striker up front, not whatever Kane has become. If he is doing this, then at least play someone alongside him. Give me a proper #9 than one who drops deep all the time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Foden yet again failing miserably in a big game. Should never have been near the team in a big game.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
England need a striker up front, not whatever Kane has become. If he is doing this, then at least play someone alongside him. Give me a proper #9 than one who drops deep all the time.
He scored two and created three goals in 5 games. What are you on about.

Zoo

Just got to wonder what was going through his mind. It’s not easy taking two pens in a game so maybe he should have let someone else have a go.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why didn't he go down the middle?

I really thought he would... His 2nd pen vs his own keeper... Lloris was always diving right.

cyberman

Why didn't he go down the middle?

I really thought he would... His 2nd pen vs his own keeper... Lloris was always diving right.
The worst bit is he knew Lloris was going right so he put power and height on the shot. It doesn’t make sense

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just got to wonder what was going through his mind. It’s not easy taking two pens in a game so maybe he should have let someone else have a go.
My mum is saying this and I can't agree... Kane has to take it, he's generally a penalty monster, and if someone else misses you would wonder why Kane didn't take it.

Lu Tze

Needs to throw his toys out the pram, let's go get him when we get some decent new owners.