Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Thread bumped after a month where he'd done next to nothing. We should be looking at younger more mobile striker than him. Pretty sure he won't be going anywhere in the summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane has all the hold up play wout offers with the best strike output we'd have had since Ruud.

The perfect player for this team.
Except he'd be hanging about exactly where Bruno does, with no-one stretching the play up front. Unless we think Rashy has to be left wing and go that?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
After disappearing in another important game hes back to being R9 reincarnated for the meaningless matches.

He hasn't got the mentality to handle the pressure of those big games, and its likely he would struggle equally with the pressure of a big club.
Honestly, the idea of him and Fernandes as our undroppable players in big matches fills me with dread.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He isn’t going to leave Tottenham. What’s the point? He’d actually have to graft and occasionally sit on the bench.
Smart money has to be on him signing a huge new long term deal, accompanied by a big PR piece about how he "loves the club", and wants to go down as an "all time legend". That trophies are still the big aim, but they'd be worth way more at Tottingham then anywhere else.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly, the idea of him and Fernandes as our undroppable players in big matches fills me with dread.
We already have started squeezing in Bruno out wide in big games, would we have to do the same with Kane?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We already have started squeezing in Bruno out wide in big games, would we have to do the same with Kane?
Bruno out wide, Kane no.10, and then Rashford would take the default no.9 role to run in behind. :nervous:

We would never take the step up as a club and take the game to bigger teams and win the middle areas of the pitch with that sort of lineup

crossy1686

career ending
Smart money has to be on him signing a huge new long term deal, accompanied by a big PR piece about how he "loves the club", and wants to go down as an "all time legend". That trophies are still the big aim, but they'd be worth way more at Tottingham then anywhere else.
Yep, that’s what’s going to happen, and that way he can go down a PL legend like Shearer without ever having to actually prove himself at the top level.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When Spurs get CL and he signs a new contract :lol: :drool:
They've got a tricky run coming in late April, of Newcastle away, us home and Liverpool away.
They'll need to be pretty perfect until that for a buffer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I fully expect Liverpool will trip over the line and nab it to be honest, even though they are woeful. Spurs are dirt.
It's mostly hope yes, but games like today show there's a chance.
If Brighton had seen a win off today they'd be right in the mixer themselves.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He should sign a new contract, Spurs seem like they're on the up.

But mainly so we don't sign this loser

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Ok mate! Clearly then he's shite! You win! His entire career is two matches then, one of which when he was injured.
If you're a Spurs fan then you should be aware that he's played in more than 2 finals for club and country.

He's not shite, just overrated. Probably because he's the best that England have got.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If you're a Spurs fan then you should be aware that he's played in more than 2 finals for club and country.

He's not shite, just overrated. Probably because he's the best that England have got.
Euros final with England and Champions League final with Spurs and.....?

Mcking

One of the Premier League's best ever is overrated.

el3mel

Ok mate! Clearly then he's shite! You win! His entire career is two matches then, one of which when he was injured.
It's true though. Harry Kane had been very disappointing in any critical match he has played. Great player to have throughout the season, but if I'm playing a final or a match that will determine a trophy or a season, there're other strikers I'll prefer to have.

I remember a thread on Reddit about who is better from him and Drogba, and my response was the same : Kane scores more goals, but if I'm playing a final I'll take Drogba 100%

TheReligion

Abusive
It's true though. Harry Kane had been very disappointing in any critical match he has played. Great player to have throughout the season, but if I'm playing a final or a match that will determine a trophy or a season, there're other strikers I'll prefer to have.

I remember a thread on Reddit about who is better from him and Drogba, and my response was the same : Kane scores more goals, but if I'm playing a final I'll take Drogba 100%
Kane does have a poor big game record. Never realised.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He's got every single attribute we need in a striker. Pretty much perfect.

I do agree with those who worry whether he has the mentality to play at a club like United

acnumber9

Thank you

Again, he's one of the best strikers around right now but there is a lot of evidence that he's not a guy that can be relied on in massive games when you really need him to do something.

Couple that with his age and I don't think he's the guy. Just my thoughts as Jay-Z would say.
Lucky we have Rashford who is good in big games. We need somebody who will score against the rest.

jm99

Talking about finals and semis etc

Read the convo and you’ll see
That's quite a narrow definition of big games though, I'd say a league game against city is a bigger game than a carabao cup semi final, its not as if spurs are regularly in the champions league latter stages and he's underperforming there

Blood Mage

Ten Hag wants his 9 to link up the play, Kane is the best in the biz at it. You can see why he's our top target.

Lecland07

20 goals in 27 PL and people on here don't want him and think he is overrated. The opinions of Kane on here are some of the worst I have ever seen.

TheReligion

Abusive
That's quite a narrow definition of big games though, I'd say a league game against city is a bigger game than a carabao cup semi final, its not as if spurs are regularly in the champions league latter stages and he's underperforming there
Maybe in your opinion but it’s not

jm99

Maybe in your opinion but it’s not
Maybe in your opinion, teams are far more likely to play a second string line up in the later stages of the domestic cups, than against top 4 rivals, so to my mind that makes it a bigger game

TheReligion

Abusive
Maybe in your opinion, teams are far more likely to play a second string line up in the later stages of the domestic cups, than against top 4 rivals, so to my mind that makes it a bigger game
We are talking about semi finals and finals.

No one plays second string teams in those.

Lecland07

Kane stats G+A per season:

SeasonGamesGoalsAssistsG+A
22/23
38​
22​
4​
26​
21/22
50​
27​
10​
37​
20/21
49​
33​
17​
50​
19/20
34​
24​
2​
26​
18/19
40​
24​
6​
30​
17/18
48​
41​
5​
46​
16/17
38​
35​
7​
42​

There is only one season where he failed to end with 30 goals+assists in 18/19. It is likely he is going to break 30 again this season, and that was because he played less games than any other season. He is pretty much guaranteed to get over 30 goals and assists.

Appletonred

Not sure Kane has the mental strength to leave his beloved Spurs, especially if Poch returns.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
20 goals in 27 PL and people on here don't want him and think he is overrated. The opinions of Kane on here are some of the worst I have ever seen.
Or maybe you don't agree with them. Which is fine.