Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looks very slow nowadays. Still a good player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That’s just ridiculous. I am a United fan but not fit to lace his boots but is hilarious
Peak Rooney was different gravy. Don't forget his impact on that first Euro he played. You really felt we'd beat everyone with him at that stage.
Has never been anything like that with Kane, as steady a goalscorer as he's been.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Felt really sorry for him with that penalty, as I did for Rashford, Sancho and particularly Saka in the last Euros.

He completely bottled it. Poor fecker looked like a ghost as he was walking off the pitch. It’ll sit with him his whole career that miss.

Still, better to do it in a quarters than a semi of a fecking final!

Lecland07

100% true. Rooney at his peak was twice the player Kane is. Better goalscorer, sure.
Confusing better player for being in a better team.

Rooney was a fantastic player but so is Kane. Kane just made a stupid decision in signing a long term contract with Tottenham. But I think he would be great for a team like Bayern Munich.

Kane has fulfilled the role of number 9 & 10 for Tottenham ever since Eriksen left. I can't think of many players who have the ability to do that.

243 goals and assists in 297 PL games is insane.

Flexdegea

He scored two and created three goals in 5 games. What are you on about.

Fanbosim never ends. You aren't English either so you don't need to defend him to the grave.

Hes not much of a goal threat this world cup to be honest. His best skillz this worlds been his ability to be "smart" and draw fouls, and his ability to nail penalties which seemed to desert him at the end tonight.

Flexdegea

He was magnificent in the group games. If you can't see that then maybe football isn't for you.

Sorry for double post but missed this.

Magnificent :lol: :lol:

Here I'm a big Kane fan, but he wasn't even fit, and this wasn't the normal goal threat he normally is.

Your defence is really strange just because you support spurs.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It feels as if Harry Kane will have had a pretty unprecedented career if he never wins anything. I’m struggling to think of any comparable, arguably world class, high profile player who won absolutely no senior, major trophies for England or a European club during his career.

The only England players with over 50 caps or 20 goals to essentially win feck all are Tom Finney (who won a 2nd division title), Kane, Johnny Haynes (who actually won the South African league), Maguire, Pickford and Steve Bloomer (who also won a 2nd division title).

RORY65

Peak Rooney was different gravy. Don't forget his impact on that first Euro he played. You really felt we'd beat everyone with him at that stage.
Has never been anything like that with Kane, as steady a goalscorer as he's been.
In fairness it never felt like that again with Rooney, he only scored 2 more goals at major tournaments after Euro 2004. At his best he was the better player but Kane has been a much more consistent goal scorer, I'm not sure the gulf between the 2 isn't anywhere near as wide as you're suggesting.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Thought he was decent today apart from the pen miss.

Thought he looked sluggish at the start of the tournament and expected him to score more tbh.

He got one from open play right?

Also there's no way (even in his prime) he's a patch on Peak Rooney.

I'm not even a United fan but Rooney in his prime was absolutely irresistible so it's not like its a slight on Kane either.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s one more penalty away from being England’s record goalscorer.

Hulme91

Can't feel sorry for him for him for missing the target from a penalty but tonight was a missed opportunity for him to really confirm his place as a truly elite level striker (which he still is btw) He was practically bullying Upamecano every time he went up against him but didn't really take advantage. Shame

Josep Dowling

Kane needs to move away from Spurs next summer otherwise it’s the waste of his career. A signing Ferguson would have made in the 90s.

cyberman

Can't feel sorry for him for him for missing the target from a penalty but tonight was a missed opportunity for him to really confirm his place as a truly elite level striker (which he still is btw) He was practically bullying Upamecano every time he went up against him but didn't really take advantage. Shame
Because he backed off him in the second half. It doesn’t make any sense

IceManFtw

He bottled it. What a disastrous penalty that was.

I’d take Rooney over Kane all day everyday

Dominos

Don’t let the same guy take a penalty twice. Especially against a goalie he sees every day.

Awful stuff.
Easy to say in hindsight but it's a pretty damn good point. I think smarter managers make the decision not to let him take it
100% this, I just knew he would miss, not because he’s shot because he isn’t, someone else should have taken that penalty.
Who would you have had take the pen instead?

If someone else takes it and misses it, would you be on here saying it was the correct decision to take it off Kane?

It would have been absolutely absurd to not let Kane take it. If Kane wanted to take it and Southgate insisted someone else it would have gone down as one of the stupidest managerial decisions ever made.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

If someone else takes it and misses it, would you be on here saying it was the correct decision to take it off Kane?

It would have been absolutely absurd to not let Kane take it. If Kane wanted to take it and Southgate insisted someone else it would have gone down as one of the stupidest managerial decisions ever made.
Nah I'd probably be saying Kane should have taken it but that's a different timeline altogether. Foden or Sterling though

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Ah yeah. Cause Southgate has a great track record as manager regarding penalty kicks…

Foden, Henderson, Bellingham, I don’t know. Just not Kane twice against his own keeper. Call it hindsight, fair enough, but it was true.

Dominos

Ah yeah. Cause Southgate has a great track record as manager regarding penalty kicks…

Foden, Henderson, Bellingham, I don’t know. Just not Kane twice against his own keeper. Call it hindsight, fair enough, but it was true.
If you can genuinely say with a straight face that if Henderson took it and missed, you would come on here and say it was the correct decision to take it off Kane, then fair enough. I don't believe that for a second though, you'd be saying it was a monumentally stupid decision.

Everyone fears the worst when someone is taking a pen. The amount of times I've had a feeling someone was going to miss and they scored, but by the law of averages I've also predicted plenty of pens that were missed simply because so often I have a feeling there's going to be a miss.

I had a bad feeling when Kane stepped up for the 2nd one because it's an unusual scenario to take 2 pens in a game (although there's plenty of examples of a player converting twice in a game), and it was so late in a game that the pressure was much higher than the 1st. However if we'd have switched takers I'd also have been convinced they were going to miss because the pressure would be even higher for them than it was on Kane, because everyone would be asking why they were anywhere near the pen when Kane was still on the pitch.

BerryBerryShrew

Can't understand people claiming that Kane "bottled" the pen. It takes bottle to try and stick a pen in the top corners like Kane does because you know there is always a risk of it getting a bit too airborne (as it did). He mishit it but I think it showed a strong mentality and confidence to try and take the keeper out of the equation (if you fire a pen into the top bins no keeper is saving it whereas a well struck pen down low gets saved if the keeper guesses right).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
interesting fact that.

I was shocked he didn’t just blast it down the middle. Lloris knows full well he loves to smash it in the same corner he always puts it. He was always going to dive that side again.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he decided he has to hit it even harder this time.

No doubt it’ll be a decision that will haunt him for a long time.

Flexdegea

Can't understand people claiming that Kane "bottled" the pen. It takes bottle to try and stick a pen in the top corners like Kane does because you know there is always a risk of it getting a bit too airborne (as it did). He mishit it but I think it showed a strong mentality and confidence to try and take the keeper out of the equation (if you fire a pen into the top bins no keeper is saving it whereas a well struck pen down low gets saved if the keeper guesses right).

Really disappointed their is no white text.......

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He bottled it. What a disastrous penalty that was.

I’d take Rooney over Kane all day everyday
I think Rooney before the age of 27 sure. I don't think he would have put the pen out of the stadium either.

Jericho

Agreed. The guy clearly has bottle, his record on penalties is great. He's a human being, he's going to miss from time to time.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Great comfort to Roberto Baggio