Harry Kane | Real willing to prepare world-record £200m bid [The Times]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

How can you possibly, in anyway shape or form, compare a keeper to a striker, or a creative midfielder to a winger? Also tell me what league exactly is stronger, who has the strength the PL has in the top 6-7 clubs? So Harry is scoring more this season than any other, you don't make any sense at all.
easily. Harry Kane is the most valuable player in the premier league, irrespective of position. Any side could downgrade their best player, sign harry and would be fine. If City sold Silva, started to play Bernado and had Kane up top instead, they would be better in my opinion.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
easily. Harry Kane is the most valuable player in the premier league, irrespective of position. Any side could downgrade their best player, sign harry and would be fine. If City sold Silva, started to play Bernado and had Kane up top instead, they would be better in my opinion.
Yeah i get that, but how do u equally equate individual abilty of differing positions?

engulfing

Correction: Spurs have been (for many years) financially tight because of the stadium. But next season we'll get a huge boost to our income from that new stadium: ticket sales, naming rights, corporate boxes, merchandising, foot & drink sales, NFL football, entertainment events and more.

It's pure wishful thinking to imagine that Spurs might be forced to sell Kane - or even attracted to the idea of selling Kane - because of finances.
Dude the new stadium may double your stadium derived revenue by that is only about 15 to 20 more and the top number is extremely optimistic and includes all the non football revenues. You also have to service stadium debt now which is likely to be 15 to 20 too. Net effect is no difference for the next decade probably.

engulfing

And yet they got a good player this Jan on the cheap whom we desperately needed since we are crying out for a RW.
Dude they got him cheap because no body else wanted him. That's says everything doesn't it. Levy loves a bargain but sometimes there's a reason why somethings cheap. Look at sissoko.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Dude they got him cheap because no body else wanted him. That's says everything doesn't it. Levy loves a bargain but sometimes there's a reason why somethings cheap. Look at sissoko.
Sissoko was cheap?? Your having a laugh mate, £30M in 2016 was a pretty big whack. Jury is out on Lucas, but there was definitely reported other interest in him.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Dude the new stadium may double your stadium derived revenue by that is only about 15 to 20 more and the top number is extremely optimistic and includes all the non football revenues. You also have to service stadium debt now which is likely to be 15 to 20 too. Net effect is no difference for the next decade probably.
Lol ... you need to engage your brain if you imagine that Spurs have invested £750m in the stadium to get an annual income increase of just £20m.

Spurs have already said that that expect to get an extra £30m (approx.) per year combined from (a) stadium and cornerstone naming rights; and (b) income from increased merchandising and conference events.

And the club have also already said that they expect to get an extra £23m per year just from the premium seats and corporate boxes ... and even that figure was based on 2015 prices.

So now we're already at a figure of an extra £53m per year before we even get to increased income from general ticket sales, advertising, other stadium-linked sponsorship deals (besides the two cited above), NFL games, entertainment events, food and drink sales and several other income-generating items.

You really are hopelessly out of touch with reality on this.

engulfing

Lol ... you need to engage your brain if you imagine that Spurs have invested £750m in the stadium to get an annual income increase of just £20m.

Spurs have already said that that expect to get an extra £30m (approx.) per year combined from (a) stadium and cornerstone naming rights; and (b) income from increased merchandising and conference events.

And the club have also already said that they expect to get an extra £23m per year just from the premium seats and corporate boxes ... and even that figure was based on 2015 prices.

So now we're already at a figure of an extra £53m per year before we even get to increased income from general ticket sales, advertising, other stadium-linked sponsorship deals (besides the two cited above), NFL games, entertainment events, food and drink sales and several other income-generating items.

That first 30 is assuming you actually get 10 million a season for the naming rights lol. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

And the premium boxes numbers are just well optimistic. You actually think you can get more stadium derived revenue than arsenal? Levy is in dream land here but hey the bet has been laid in 3 years we will see. If you get even a 30 million net increase you should be very happy.

By the way interest rates are rising and your financing is pegged to libor.

P.S. Boosting stadium revenue isn't as attractive as it seems, its why united has failed to pull the trigger on the old Trafford expansion for years in spite of there being plenty of demand for the tickets. There are easier, cheaper, lower risk ways to boost revenue by 30 to 40 million a season.

engulfing

Sissoko was cheap?? Your having a laugh mate, £30M in 2016 was a pretty big whack. Jury is out on Lucas, but there was definitely reported other interest in him.

By the way the 30 net number assumes no cost overrun, and you pay 15 or so in interest. If the overrun from 750 to 1 yard is true, you'll be lucky if you get a net increase of 20. Of course you can always finance that by selling dele alli and/or kane.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That first 30 is assuming you actually get 10 million a season for the naming rights lol. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

And the premium boxes numbers are just well optimistic. You actually think you can get more stadium derived revenue than arsenal? Levy is in dream land here but hey the bet has been laid in 3 years we will see. If you get even a 30 million net increase you should be very happy.

P.S. Boosting stadium revenue isn't as attractive as it seems, its why united has failed to pull the trigger on the old Trafford expansion for years in spite of there being plenty of demand for the tickets. There are easier, cheaper, lower risk ways to boost revenue by 30 to 40 million a season.
Mate we're moving from a capacity of just over 30K to a capacity of over 60K. It's a Lon needed more for us, trying to play it down as some sort of problem isn't going to wash. Just take a look at the last accounting years figures and see how much we need to revenue boost both at match day and comercial ends.

Plus if the worst does happen Uncle Joe has a penny or two.

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

The figures all come from official Spurs documents and likely, if anything, to err on the side of caution. I rather think that Levy has a better grasp of finances than you do.

PS. Building a new stadium - one that's multi-purpose - is very different from expanding an existing, single-purpose one. And the financial calculation is very different also. If you're trying to argue that Spurs have a made a mistake by building a new stadium, the financial facts and figures show that you'd be barking up the wrong tree. We're now have 11th largest global club income - the new stadium will catapult us into the top 10 and then higher still.

El Pasillo

I used to think like that as well but a player is worth what ever a club is willing to pay for them

Secondly Kane is no doubt the best striker in the world, he was the top scorer of 2017 playing in a team that is overall not as strong as other teams and his overall play is very good in most departments so it's not like he's limited to just scoring he's able to bring other's into play and hold the ball up

He is the complete package and will put up numbers like Ronaldo no problem at all so he's definitely a perfect replacement for Benzema at RM as that will allow Ronaldo to play on the wing giving him more space

So they fix 2 problems if Kane comes in, Benzema doesn't start anymore and Ronaldo moves back to his favoured position where they can get the best out of him again
The only plug-and-play replacement for Benzema, is more or less Firmino.

Just because Harry Kane is the best out-and-out striker in the world, doesn't mean we will be a good fit without changing the set-up as CR7 still being the focal point.

Or have you forgotten the last time when Morata looked shite because he stayed on the wing while CR7 occupied the central spaces (which he does very often during a game)?

Kane would undoubtedly ended up as a flop unless if he doesn't become the main man at RM right away.

I think they'll get Hazard and a striker to compete with Benzema, not outright replace him. Someone like Icardi for example.
You don't pay Icardi's release clause (around over €110m) to let him become a rotational player...

If Benzama can be a star and Madrid I am pretty sure Kane could cope.
Kane would become a RM-star immediately since he will be a Galactico-signing (if that happens).

But you're talking about Benzema as if he's some kind of a scrub.

The guy is Madrid's 7th highest goalscorer ever and has better goal/ratio than likes of Raul.

Never mind that Benzema is 5th best UCL topscorer ever.

Last edited:

engulfing

The figures all come from official Spurs documents and likely, if anything, to err on the side of caution. I rather think that Levy has a better grasp of finances than you do.

PS. Building a new stadium - one that's multi-purpose - is very different from expanding an existing, single-purpose one. And the financial calculation is very different also. If you're trying to argue that Spurs have a made a mistake by building a new stadium, the financial facts and figures show that you'd be barking up the wrong tree. We're now have 11th largest global club income - the new stadium will catapult us into the top 10 and then higher still.
Hahaha spurs are trying to raise debt, the numbers being touted are to paint a strong picture so as to secure lower interest rates. Use your brain! But no use arguing about it, in 3 years we will see and you better pray that the over run rumor is false and that credit markets remain benign in the face of rising rates.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
The thing is: why should he. If he indeed intends to leave at some point, staying for two more years makes limited sense.
Because he's Spurs through and through and loves the club. Been there since he was what? 10? After Arsenal ditched him and Spurs picked him up? I can understand wanting to give back to a club that gave you an opportunity when others didnt.

How does it make limited sense? Ushering in a new state of the art stadium, probably one of the biggest steps for the club in the last century, an 800mil investment or more now the costs have escalated. Sure I think there are those mercenary players out there just looking for the dollars, Adebayor for instance, I dont think Kane is one of those players.

And time is on his side, at 24 he is still rounding out his game, 2 years down the track at 26-27 he should be hitting his peak years. If he is still posting numbers like he is currently(or better) there wouldnt be a club in world football who wouldnt want him if he made himself available. And with a new contract of what was it 200k a week? It's in the ball park so enough to keep him happy. I think Spurs could miss out on the CL for a year and it wouldnt bother him too much. I would concede that his stay is not totally unconditional, if Spurs missed out consecutive seasons of CL and Pochettino moved on Kane might look to take his goal scoring talents elsewhere.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The only plug-and-play replacement for Benzema, is more or less Firmino.

Just because Harry Kane is the best out-and-out striker in the world, doesn't mean we will be a good fit without changing the set-up as CR7 still being the focal point.

Or have you forgotten the last time when Morata looked shite because he stayed on the wing while CR7 occupied the central spaces (which he does very often during a game)?

Kane would undoubtedly ended up as a flop unless if he doesn't become the main man at RM right away.

You don't pay Icardi's release clause (around over €110m) to let him become a rotational player...

Kane would become a RM-star immediately since he will be a Galactico-signing (if that happens).

But you're talking about Benzema as if he's some kind of a scrub.

The guy is Madrid's 7th highest goalscorer ever and has better goal/ratio than likes of Raul.

Never mind that Benzema is 5th best UCL topscorer ever.
I'm not doubting what Benzema used to be at all, but the he has never put up numbers like Kane has. Benzema has more pace but IMO Kane is a much better all round striker and I see no reason why he wouldn't score the same goals in Spain.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/harry-kane-tottenham-zero-to-100/

Thank you to Mauricio Pochettino for getting the most out of me as a striker.

And thank you, of course, to the Tottenham fans. I dreamed of playing for Spurs since I was a boy. For a long time my motivation was simply to close my eyes and picture myself scoring against Arsenal in the Premier League. Done that a few times now, and it never gets old. But now, my motivation is a bit different. Now, I close my eyes and I picture myself lifting the Premier League trophy at our new stadium with my mates. I’d trade the next 100 goals for that feeling.

We’ve been close the past few seasons, but there’s only one way to close the gap — and I’m afraid it’s quite a boring answer. As my dad would say, we’ve gotta keep working, keep doin’. Keep getting on with it.

Doesn't sound like someone who is thinking about leaving Spurs anytime soon. :drool:

NK86

And thank you, of course, to the Tottenham fans. I dreamed of playing for Spurs since I was a boy. For a long time my motivation was simply to close my eyes and picture myself scoring against Arsenal in the Premier League. Done that a few times now, and it never gets old. But now, my motivation is a bit different. Now, I close my eyes and I picture myself lifting the Premier League trophy at our new stadium with my mates. I’d trade the next 100 goals for that feeling.

We’ve been close the past few seasons, but there’s only one way to close the gap — and I’m afraid it’s quite a boring answer. As my dad would say, we’ve gotta keep working, keep doin’. Keep getting on with it.

Doesn't sound like someone who is thinking about leaving Spurs anytime soon. :drool:
Yeah, players never say one thing and do exactly the opposite, ever.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I can't think of many more signings for United that are as unrealistic as Kane.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will

He's saying he wants to win trophies and would trade goals for it?

Nothing new really, if Spurs don't start winning things he is not hanging around.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham

Nothing new really, if Spurs don't start winning things he is not hanging around.
He's not going anywhere. He loves the club and spurs are lucky to have him. What a player and what a man.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

So much for the pipe dreams of the fantasists who see Kane being sold this summer ...

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

Actually he said he want to win trophies for Spurs, in our new stadium, with his mates. That's three key differences from your mistranslation.

theyneverlearn

Actually he said he want to win trophies for Spurs, in our new stadium, with his mates. That's three key differences from your mistranslation.
In an ideal world of course, but he's mentioned winning trophies in other interviews too, it's what top footballers want.

If he can do both for Spurs then win-win.

El Zoido

He’ll be like Shearer and stay. He won’t win anything at Spurs but will take all their records.

theyneverlearn

He’ll be like Shearer and stay. He won’t win anything at Spurs but will take all their records.
I said the same previously, he'll stay where he is comfortable being a big fish in a (relatively) small pond.

Can't ever see him being sold to any club in England and cannot see him moving abroad.

poleglass red

I think it suits him being the main man. I've said previously he takes so much more shots that any other striker in the league and that works for him at Spurs. His actual conversion rate isn't that high in comparison with other top strikers but that's just because he takes so many shots than them. At a Real Madrid that could be an issue esp if they have a neymar or whomever they buy in a better placed position when you miss. I think he stays for the foreseeable

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So much for the pipe dreams of the fantasists who see Kane being sold this summer ...
He's not going anywhere. He loves the club and spurs are lucky to have him. What a player and what a man.
Sorry but you are deluding yourselves if you believe this article has an relevance to his future aspirations. If Real come in with a bid in the region of £150 million or above, Levy will accept and Kane will leave. It's refreshing to read an article that isn't your typically generic PR rubbish, as it clearly shows he has genuine affection for the club - but if he has an ounce of ambition in his body - winning CL, or domestic honours or simply being recognized as one of the worlds top strikers, then he will need to leave spurs for a bigger club for one that can grant those wishes. Just like the vast majority of professional footballers the world over.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Sorry but you are deluding yourselves if you believe this article has an relevance to his future aspirations. If Real come in with a bid in the region of £150 million or above, Levy will accept and Kane will leave. It's refreshing to read an article that isn't your typically generic PR rubbish, as it clearly shows he has genuine affection for the club - but if he has an ounce of ambition in his body - winning CL, or domestic honours or simply being recognized as one of the worlds top strikers, then he will need to leave spurs for a bigger club for one that can grant those wishes. Just like the vast majority of professional footballers the world over.
The article has relevance to this summer - not that it wasn't already crystal clear that Kane wouldn't be leaving before next season. Never mind £150m, RM can offer £200m if they want to waste their time.

PS. Kane is already recognised "as one of the worlds top strikers" - if not as the best striker in the world.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The article has relevance to this summer - not that it wasn't already crystal clear that Kane wouldn't be leaving before next season. Never mind £150m, RM can offer £200m if they want to waste their time.

PS. Kane is already recognised "as one of the worlds top strikers" - if not as the best striker in the world.
I agree, for me Kane is the worlds best striker, but as to whether he is recognized as such is not without question. If he were playing for Real no such debate would exist, his elite status within the game would be absolute.

Turning down a bid of £200 million would be an unprecedented move and an extremely bold one at that given the stadium costs far exceeding inital expectations. Sure it would send a resounding "Levy takes no shit" message to the footballing world, but at the same time it's informing Kane that his feelings on the matter will not be taken in to consideration. Given the option of staying at Spurs rather than joining Real, Kane may very well choose to stay, but limiting his options to the point where he has none whatsoever is a surefire to unsettle him somewhat. He is only human after all. Also how would the remaining board members and shareholders feel about Levy turning down such a gargantuan bid, again, with the stadium costs in mind?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Hanging onto Kane won't be a problem for spurs, hanging on to Alli, Eriksen and Pochettino will.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I agree, for me Kane is the worlds best striker, but as to whether he is recognized as such is not without question. If he were playing for Real no such debate would exist, his elite status within the game would be absolute.

Turning down a bid of £200 million would be an unprecedented move and an extremely bold one at that given the stadium costs far exceeding inital expectations. Sure it would send a resounding "Levy takes no shit" message to the footballing world, but at the same time it's informing Kane that his feelings on the matter will not be taken in to consideration. Given the option of staying at Spurs rather than joining Real, Kane may very well choose to stay, but limiting his options to the point where he has none whatsoever is a surefire to unsettle him somewhat. He is only human after all. Also how would the remaining board members and shareholders feel about Levy turning down such a gargantuan bid, again, with the stadium costs in mind?
I don't get this whole idea of the stadium costs being a problem, ENIC are an invrstnmment company built in finances and headed by a guy worth over £5B, I'm sure considering the amount of time and money he has already spent on the club he would dip his hand in his pocket.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Hanging onto Kane won't be a problem for spurs, hanging on to Alli, Eriksen and Pochettino will.
Why according to some on here Alli is nothing but a inskilled thug, Eriksen goes missing too often and Pochittini hasn't won anything. The club will not lose any key players this summer or the manager this summer. If Real or Barca would consider moving for Kane or Eriksen we would have heard rumbles by now. So far there has been diddly.

The Bloody-Nine

Why according to some on here Alli is nothing but a inskilled thug, Eriksen goes missing too often and Pochittini hasn't won anything. The club will not lose any key players this summer or the manager this summer. If Real or Barca would consider moving for Kane or Eriksen we would have heard rumbles by now. So far there has been diddly.
Did you miss the thread title?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Did you miss the thread title?
lol I did, did you. Real "willing" to "prepare", there has been no bit even prepared, nevermind lodged. Perez hasn't started flapping his chops yet, trying to turn heads. With this being a World Cup summer, transfers are going to be hard enough to do.

Cloud7

I actually hope that Kane stays at Spurs.

A) I much prefer the best players in the league stay in the league and keep the quality high.

B) In football today, where the disparity is more than ever, with the vast majority of the resources and players being concentrated at a very few top clubs, it is a pleasant change from the mundane to a player who values something more than money or having an easier route to trophies. A player that can see he has been at an institution for his entire career and actually feels some loyalty towards it would be something to be applauded.

Status
Not open for further replies.