Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Reading back in this now; enjoyable but mildly confusing thread. Think it means HK to Chelski. They win CL final, ticker tape and balloons. Cue tearful slowmo pensioners, pan to herself as wot manages the women’s team, Roman in bad disguise in the stand; more red eyed sniffles, cue drama music, camera starts going up, up on a crane as ‘Arry in blue flies on a heading from north to west, flightpath being tracked from The Shed...

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Reading back in this now; enjoyable but mildly confusing thread. Think it means HK to Chelski. They win CL final, ticker tape and balloons. Cue tearful slowmo pensioners, pan to herself as wot manages the women’s team, Roman in bad disguise in the stand; more red eyed sniffles, cue drama music, camera starts going up, up on a crane as ‘Arry in blue flies on a heading from north to west, flightpath being tracked from The Shed...
Death, taxes and Levy selling no one to Chelsea are guarantees in life.

We could offer double what you guys would offer and he would reject it instantly. It’s not about the money in this instance, we are a London rival and he doesn’t want his best players making another London team stronger.

I’m not even sure Kane would join us. He sees Aguero is leaving this summer and conveniently starts pushing harder to leave. Read between the lines.

Suedesi

Sky running with the story that he’s told Spurs he wants to leave.

United, City and Chelsea in talks with his people
I bet he goes to whichever team loses the CL final, + for silly money. Either the Sheikh or Roman will see him as the missing piece to the greatest club trophy on earth and will pay the Levy tax.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I feel like Kane leaving would kill Spurs in terms of them competing and being part of the ‘top six’. I know they haven’t won anything but they’ve been in the conversation in recent years, and Kane has been so important to that.

If he goes I don’t really see what they have. They don’t look any different to Villa without Kane.

Tarrou

If he has to let him go Levy will do everything he can to shift him to a foreign club

But not sure who has the cash to spare?

City looks the most likely destination to me

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he has to let him go Levy will do everything he can to shift him to a foreign club

But not sure who has the cash to spare?

City looks the most likely destination to me
I don't see any foreign club spending a near record fee on him. Heck I don't see a PL doing it but City still would have some chance. In the end I think Kane has gotten himself stuck and the best he can hope for is Spurs themselves committing to greater ambitions and maybe really spending this summer

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
why?

its fairly obvious, even ignoring today’s reports (which say he wants to stay in the PL) that he would prefer to stay in the PL.

Who can afford him? City, Chelsea and us.

Even if he wanted to go to Spain, neither Real or Barca have the money.

PSG are one of the few teams who have 2 top strikers. obviously Juventus can’t afford him. Bayern have Lewandowski, he’s of on age he could be replaced, but more likely to go for Haaland next year.

so how many clubs do you think are ahead of United?
Can we afford him though? Not to mention we have Cavani, Rashford, Martial and more importantly Greenwood on the books. I dont see us financing a deal for him after extending Cavani for another year.

Fridge chutney

I think everyone's missing the mark. He'll be a starting #9 for Liverpool next season, unfortunately.

Liverpool will win the league again as VVD comes back to fitness and Kane working with Salah and Mane up top.

Suedesi

Wait, are people seriously suggesting we will spunk 120-130m on Kane when Haaland who's 7 years younger is available for 70m next year? Ain't happening.

amolbhatia50k

Wait, are people seriously suggesting we will spunk 120-130m on Kane when Haaland who's 7 years younger is available for 70m next year? Ain't happening.
You're assuming both players want to come to United. But I agree that United aren't spending the amount needed to sign Kane. I'm skeptical that anyone is.

amolbhatia50k

I think everyone's missing the mark. He'll be a starting #9 for Liverpool next season, unfortunately.

Liverpool will win the league again as VVD comes back to fitness and Kane working with Salah and Mane up top.
No chance Liverpool sign Kane.

They can win the league next season but it definitely won't be with Kane.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I bet he goes to whichever team loses the CL final, + for silly money. Either the Sheikh or Roman will see him as the missing piece to the greatest club trophy on earth and will pay the Levy tax.
Chelsea are not buying Kane. Less than 0% chance. It's not how the club do business and hasn't been for a long time, anybody paying any attention knows this.

Suedesi

You're assuming both players want to come to United. But I agree that United aren't spending the amount needed to sign Kane. I'm skeptical that anyone is.
Correct, no one is. This story seems to suit both parties, HK and Spurs - their last chance to cash in on their prized asset.

Fridge chutney

No chance Liverpool sign Kane.

They can win the league next season but it definitely won't be with Kane.
Of course there's a chance. Bookies put Liverpool as 6th favourite, which I think will immediately skyrocket when they qualify for CL as it unfortunately looks like they will now. Gonna put 100 on it, so at least I can benefit from him joining that lot.

Champagne Football

I feel like Kane leaving would kill Spurs in terms of them competing and being part of the ‘top six’. I know they haven’t won anything but they’ve been in the conversation in recent years, and Kane has been so important to that.

If he goes I don’t really see what they have. They don’t look any different to Villa without Kane.
If they have a good window and land someone like Patson Daka, then they could rebuild and not feel too much pain. Anthony Martial could do very well there.

My feeling is that Kane will end up at City, as they haven't had a recognized world class striker since Aguerro started to wane as a force.

Eternitiy

Money FSG coughs up as a result of the Super League fiasco.
If Liverpool sign Kane, then United have personally delivered him to Anfield.

The only way he considers Liverpool is if they finish in the top four, and the postponed fixture fiasco and our subsequent woeful performance and loss against Liverpool has given them that opportunity.

Fridge chutney

If Liverpool sign Kane, then United have personally delivered him to Anfield.

The only way he considers Liverpool is if they finish in the top four, and the postponed fixture fiasco and our subsequent woeful performance and loss against Liverpool has given them that opportunity.
Also insane amounts of jamminess and luck vs West Brom.

amolbhatia50k

Correct, no one is. This story seems to suit both parties, HK and Spurs - their last chance to cash in on their prized asset.
It's an odd position for Spurs. They would have to lower their demands to sell him. If they keep him surely they have to start spending an showing greater ambition.

Of course there's a chance. Bookies put Liverpool as 6th favourite, which I think will immediately skyrocket when they qualify for CL as it unfortunately looks like they will now. Gonna put 100 on it, so at least I can benefit from him joining that lot.
They have to put someone as 6rhe favourite. Go for it. You'll definitely be losing money.

They're already signing Konate for 20/30 million and haven't got into sign Kane for another 100 plus.

ti vu

If they have a good window and land someone like Patson Daka, then they could rebuild and not feel too much pain. Anthony Martial could do very well there.

My feeling is that Kane will end up at City, as they haven't had a recognized world class striker since Aguerro started to wane as a force.
Not that simple. Kane is both scorer and playmaker for Tottenham for this season. He also fulfills defensive task when being called upon. He's not their captain but, he's one of the leader at the club, and well respected for being a role model.

A good goal scorer may replace Kane goal scoring (big task as is), but there are other aspects to also require to fill. We as United supporter knowing Martial better. Unless we pay silly fee on top of Martial for Kane, Spurs would be silly to poach him for Kane replacement plan, they would have to spend silly to change almost the whole team to support Martial. Something like leadership however, may not be able to be replaced easily even with spending.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We’re not in this race. Agents talk to clubs constantly and this won’t have been a snap decision. If we had any intention whatsoever of going in for Kane and he was interested in coming to us, we wouldn’t have renewed Cavani for another year.

It’s going to be City and terms will already be agreed between club and player.
You’re a good poster so I don’t mean to dismiss your post out of hand, and I agree that he could already have terms agreed with someone. But…… I think it’s nonsense to suggest that Cavani’s extension has anything to do with this. Martial is just as likely to be our back up LW, and Greenwood our starting RW, so that leaves us with Cavani and ummmm Cavani as true centre forwards. There’s no way you go into the season with a 34 year old, who has had injury problems this season, as your only true CF. There will be 60 plus competitive games next season, and with Kane’s ankle issues, managing him game time will be as essential as managing Cavani’s at his age. Kane can even play as a 10, to provide rotation for Bruno, and we can change the system to play 2 up front. Cavani’s extension has no issue with this. Period. His sign on was one to get in the bank, and to then explore if we can add to our CF options. We’ve been rumoured to be in the market for a striker long before he signed the extension, at a time when it was assumed he would.

Pretty sure ffp is dead..
PL ffp is different to uefa. They don’t have a time barred restriction for one. Which was the impediment to the uefa investigation. It still has some tee

If you can get Kane, you get him in.

Haaland strikes me as someone similar to Ibra who wants to play a bit in every league. We'd probably have Kane for longer.
This every day of the week. If you can get Kane, you get him. Plain and simple. You have to try.

Cavani's new contract completely rules us out. The club would have known about Kane wanting to leave before Cavani signed his contract.

Also, can't see Kane taking a risk with this move, City makes far too much for him and City.

Not upset with missing out on this, gives City the league, but we need to think a bit more long term and build a stronger team.
Cavani’s extension is irrelevant to this. I’ve highlighted why above. But just consider the absurdity of not signing Kane because you’ve signed a 34yr old for lne

For all the rumors hanging I dont think Levy will sell him, he's on a long contract, he's the captain and their most important player by a mile. Spurs really have a thin squad selling Kane would mean they'll have to buy 2-3 players just to sustain the quality. Even if someone is willing to pay 120M+ for him Levy would need to invest the same money in the squad and probably would end up with a weaker side.
Normally I’d agree with you. But I think Spurs are in dire straits financially. Two years without CL. COVID. Massive payout to Mourinho. Substantial signings the year before. Huge stadium debts coming due. No additional revenue from other sports in new stadium. I think the bigger question is, when they sell him, how much will they actually be able to reinvest

Why would Kane want to move to us than City ?

They are selling Aguero and making room for a striker.

They are the best team in England. While we are getting better, we are still some way off City.

Pep is a better manager and play better brand of game. He will likely score more goals with them than us, atleast as things stand.

Ours is a project which can be easily sold to an young player like Sancho than a 29 year old Kane.

If it does happen, I will be over the moon but just don't see it happening . If City isn't competing, I do think we have a chance
Kane strikes me as a real football man. He’s stayed at Spurs his whole career, when he could’ve done much more elsewhere. I get that he wants trophies, but I think any trophy will probably do tbh. City with him, guaranteed PL, but not much kudos. Us with him, instant title challengers, and a legacy to be proud of if we win. Then consider we’ve been to 5 semis in two years, so we are right on the cusp of trophies, and are in the EL final this season.

Nikelesh Reddy

Honestly I would prioritise signing Jadon Sancho this summer,rather than wasting precious time by chasing the shadow of Harry Kane.Levy will make it practically impossible for us to sign him,so let’s not waste time by prioritising a deal thats too complicated to pull off.

Just imagine a front 3 of Rashford,Greenwood and Sancho...Greenwood will be our number 9 within the next 2-3 seasons,and until then signing players with the profile of Cavani makes perfect sense.A young,dynamic front 3 of Rashford,Greenwood and Sancho could set the league on fire...

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Kane is going to cost obscene money, so if we buy him that means no Sancho this summer, it also means no or little money spent on a DM or CB as well. Getting Kane also means we wont be getting Haaland

Sure, Kane might be a RVP-esque signing, but is it really a smart move if you look at it from a long term perspective?

Nickelodeon

Kane is going to cost obscene money, so if we buy him that means no Sancho this summer, it also means no or little money spent on a DM or CB as well. Getting Kane also means we wont be getting Haaland

Sure, Kane might be a RVP-esque signing, but is it really a smart move if you look at it from a long term perspective?
There is a big difference though. Even during that time, the fact which enabled us to sign RVP was that he was in the last year of his contract. Hence, he was quite cheap relative to his quality. But for Kane, we would have to pay the full price of a 40 goal a season striker and I genuinely feel that its a setup for failure.

Rustyspider13

I think if United had landed Sancho last summer, we'd be going all in for Kane. But our squad has too many holes and I don't see us spending anywhere near the amount it'd take to get both. Sancho+defensive reinforcements is the smart, long term play.

Having said all that, I'd still like to see United try to sign Kane. He is fantastic and would take our attack from potentially world class to actually world class.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He didnt last beyond 18 months so not a great example
We did switch between all time greatest manager and a midtable average one totally out of his depth in between.
Every player dropped a few gears.

Thiagoal

I personally hope we steer well clear of this saga and rule ourselves out early. Kane is clearly - as of today- world class but does have a history of injuries and may be one kick to his dodgy ankle away from a fast decline.

Much rather keep signing players of the Cavani ilk until a Haaland becomes available or Greenwood steps up to become world class on his own. We also have too many holes in our team to splurge over 100 million on a striker. Central defence and central midfield are much bigger priorities in my eye!

RkkMan

The prospect of Kane at Utd is beyond mouthwatering but we need to stick to the plan which is Sancho plus Cavani for another year with his quality and experience having Greenwood(our Future No9) under his arm with one or two defensive reinforcements

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
No chance we are even in for Kane.
Ole has repeatedly said that we have changed our transfer policy and are looking for younger hungry players.
Kane doesn't fit that bill, and we really don't need another striker, as good as he is.

ti vu

No chance we are even in for Kane.
Ole has repeatedly said that we have changed our transfer policy and are looking for younger hungry players.
Kane doesn't fit that bill, and we really don't need another striker, as good as he is.
Ole has got Ighalo and Cavani. Not exactly rigid policy by the look of it. Flexibility is a good thing in these cases.

Havak

Pokemon master
I really think Kane screams 'Man Utd Striker'. Just has that presence, would own the shirt IMO. However, I'm just not sure the timing is right and this might be another 'what if?'.

Due to last Summer, we have far too many gaps to fill... I can't see us doing it all at once and with Cavani extending, I think it would be a better solution to get the CB, CDM and Winger. We can probably do all of that for the price it would cost to sign Kane once we factor in player sales as well such as Lingard and maybe de Gea.

If we sign Kane, we should improve massively, but we'd still have the same issue of needing to play McFred & Lindelof all the time. That just isn't going to get us to the next level.

I really don't see him fitting at Man City, nor do I think he'd be allowed to go to Chelsea. I think we might end up in a shootout with Liverpool for Kane & Sancho, but I don't expect either team to be able to afford both. It's one or the other.

Lee565

Why haven't liverpool been linked? I could imagine levy wouldn't mind so much selling him to them compared the London clubs or united, We have seen pool splash big money over the years, maybe they could do firmino + cash or sell either mane who is out of sorts or salah who keeps being linked with a move away.

Maybe even Barca could get him but only if they sell messi who was already trying to force himself out of the club last summer and it's not like barca have done anything this season to convince him stay.

It would be great though if he came to united and we would have an all English front 3 of rash, kane, Greenwood