Harry Kane Work Stoppage

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Since Kane rejoined Spurs, he hasn't scored in the league. I sure seems like a slight to Daniel Levy for refusing to let him leave, going against their verbal agreement.

Today, sure seems like the test to this feeling that Harry isn't the ultimate professional that the media paints him to be. Honestly , couldn't blame him if this is what's going on.

The only wins from Arsenal this season have been vs Burnley and Norwich both 1-0
Maybe the footy media will change their tone if Kane fails to turnout something in the league anytime soon

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...on-for-muted-harry-kane-to-turn-up-the-volume

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Ghost on the pitch, doesn't look like he wants to be there.

el3mel

He's so embarrassing. He deserves to get booed for playing like this all honestly. No respect to his team at all.

L1nk

Genuinely shocked at him today, he was walking around like he didn't care in the slightest, downing tools but getting away with it because he's English, if that was Pogba out there he'd get absolutely slaughtered.

mu4c_20le

He isn't the first to lose form and confidence after having a big move fall through. I don't think it's completely intentional.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think he goes in January. Spurs can’t keep him at this rate

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think he goes in January. Spurs can’t keep him at this rate
God knows what he’s worth now though. City won’t pay £100m+ for him in January.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
God knows what he’s worth now though. City won’t pay £100m+ for him in January.
Doubt they are that interested anymore, Pep kind wanted him, but he's been perfectly fine playing without a star striker at City for a while.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gary Neville didn’t say a word. Probably got another golf game booked in

lilcurt

At this point he is basically on strike. Needs to be dropped, ironically it would probably help Nuno get the fans on side at this point.

acnumber9

He might get a cut price move abroad in the summer but beyond that he’s stuck at Spurs.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Spicy take but I think he's done at the top, top, top level. He clearly doesn't want to be at Spurs but he also doesn't seem the type to down tools on purpose.

I really hope we're nowhere near him when he does eventually move on.

AFC NimbleThumb

At this point just tell him training is in the middle of the m25 between 8-9 & to wear a hi-vis. He looks glued to the ground currently anyway.

el3mel

If he is like this then surely another player has to be tried. Don't Spurs have backup options ?
At this point it'll be better for everyone there to play Son as striker and bench Kane. It's ridiculous to keep playing him when he's giving zero respect to the team.

I don't think their manager has the balls for such decision though.

Rex Banner

He was woeful today, the fans clearly aren't happy either.

Tbf to Kane, if he was told by Levy that he'd be able to leave then I can't blame him for not being happy.

I don't think Nuno being the manager helps either. Such an uninspiring style of play.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spicy take but I think he's done at the top, top, top level. He clearly doesn't want to be at Spurs but he also doesn't seem the type to down tools on purpose.

I really hope we're nowhere near him when he does eventually move on.
With Ronaldo for 2 years there's no chance we'll be going for Kane.
If Haaland became interested in coming here maybe, but not Kane.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Harry 'The Invisible Man' Kane.

You love to see it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Someone on the fighting cock was asking if they would get £50m.
It wouldn't be that shocking to see City pay 40/50M for him, betting he would come back to form. Would be great so they rule themselves out of Haaland.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Newcastle will make a cheeky bid for him in January and then get him in summer.

Be very funny if he contnues not to find the net for Spurs but I suspect Nuno will be gone before that can stay a thing.

Redfrog

Doubt they are that interested anymore, Pep kind wanted him, but he's been perfectly fine playing without a star striker at City for a while.
He would be perfect then. He is a midfielder :wenger:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If he was foreign he would be getting absolutely slated by the media.

BerryBerryShrew

If he has downed tools to force a January/Summer move then he's taking a big risk - potential suitors may think he's a busted flush and avoid like the plague.

It is possible that he actually is finished though. I know he was class personified at the start of last season as a playmaking goalscorer but he was poor for the second half of the season, mostly invisible for England at the Euros and now abject this season. That's the thing about talent- sometimes it just deserts you overnight. Look at the Rolling Stones. Or if you wish to keep it strictly football, look at Torres and Shevchenko. One day you have "it" and the next you don't.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that this was a pointless waste of one of my 5 daily posts.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
He has been poor for too long for it to only be caused by Levy not allowing him to leave.

It is an eeringly similar situation to Torres 11 years ago. Poor second half of a season, poor international tournament, poor in the first half of the next season but everyone assuming that it was caused by him wanting a move.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think he may be done. He’s been poor for England too. It’s actually similar to Sanchez - his form nosedived when he didn’t get his move to city and everyone thought it was due to downing tools then we jumped in January and it turned out he had just become a bit shit. Hopefully we don’t get involved this summer.

Someone

Something
People still underestimate the psychological impact of missing out on his last shot at a top club. A part of him will always hate that Levy denied him the move, and in general he won't be as happy as he was in the past because this will keep playing on his mind. I'm convinced that to be at you best you have to be mentally in the right place as well.

Nogbadthebad

He hasn't had a good game for spurs or England since last January.

Its nto downing tools, hes just lost his edge.

This is what kane is now. He was like it for spurs, he was the same throughout the euros, and hes been the same this season.

Deery

Dreary
Don’t know what’s wrong with him he’s just fallen off a cliff, maybe needs to just hang around the box for a few tap in’s to get a bit of confidence back.