Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroStu

I can't stand that dickhead Levy, feck him and feck Spurs. I wouldn't buy a player off them even if they were as good as Messi, never mind Harry fecking Kane.

m1y2

this reminds me of Andy Carroll.

Hopefully is just the media being fed by his agent to get a new contract.
Andy Caroll's attitude is on different level to Kane, I 'm almost certain he will be 150+ goals striker in the league just because of his character..

for the people mentioning the dodgy end of the season, the whole spurs team play some poor football, probably they are burnt, especially Kane and Erricksen who played almost all games, including Europa league, I'd swap him for rooney any day,who's having quite average season and even poorer end to the season just because he played too much and as we all know he's declining for some years..

Is it too soon to take him? One never knows but if we don't take him than I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Poch's spurs next season.. fantastic talent..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I can't stand that dickhead Levy, feck him and feck Spurs. I wouldn't buy a player off them even if they were as good as Messi, never mind Harry fecking Kane.
The very thought of that wankers name does my head in. Dont buy anything off that arsehole - not even Lloris. Hopefully that prick Levy had a shitload of stuff robbed at the Hatton Garden heist too..

FujiVice

£45 million for Kane is both to much from our end and not enough on Spurs end, as odd as that sounds. Spurs valuation for players is shockingly high for mediocre players, let alone their only shining light.

Super talented player, mind. Wouldnt be crying into my pillow if we take the gamble.

Devil may care

He'd be a typical United buy and seems to tick the boxes LvG wants in a #9, and there are so few options he is probably one of the best of the crop that have their peak ahead but who offer a lot now.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I like him too but he's not proven over over 2 seasons yet, and we have James Wilson coming through as well.
Where has this story originated from? if its from the daily star I'm going to laugh myself to sleep.

Devil may care

I like him too but he's not proven over over 2 seasons yet, and we have James Wilson coming through as well.
Where has this story originated from? if its from the daily star I'm going to laugh myself to sleep.
The Times and the Mail both running with it.

Mister Ed

If we can get him than take him but I doubt Tottenham is willing to sell even at £45m.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
You don't buy him after one season. You wait for another season under his belt.
If he has another blinder season. A £50m price tag could end up a world record fee.

He is extremely young, very talented, and Premiership born 'n' raised. These factors are very expensive.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
The way to do it would be a series of sizeable performance add-ons.

They are gonna want insane money.

Only happens if the player demands it - which you think he would, given that he would double his wages for a start.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Kane is much more than a finisher. He holds the ball up well, has good technique/good first touch and can pick a pass. He reminds me of a young Teddy Sheringham and would offer us something very different up front. A target man with more to his game. I think him and Wilson could possibly be the future of English football. They'd work brilliantly together in a big man/quick man partnership and it would be great to have them both here.

In all likelihood, though, there's probably more chance of Kane and Wilson linking up at Spurs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Would love him here but I doubt they would sell, even at £45m.
If we can get him than take him but I doubt Tottenham is willing to sell even at £45m.
Are you the same person and forgot you posted on your other account?

Kane is a big risk. Then again, so is anybody, particularly strikers, for various reasons.
Would make me feel a bit sick spending a shitload because of hype though. Talented he may be, the way people have gone on about him will have put his price up. This guy could drop in value by 20m in one more season.

JUPITER

So... if we sign Kane, or indeed any 'must start' striker, where does Rooney play...?

Surely not a season-long 'Rooney in midfield project'!?

*read in gruff, movie trailer voice*

From the men who brought you 'The Falcao Project', comes a new nightmare...

On screens everywhere from September, 'The Cross Field Pass - A Striker In Midfield'.

*gulp*

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Are you the same person and forgot you posted on your other account?

Kane is a big risk. Then again, so is anybody, particularly strikers, for various reasons.
Would make me feel a bit sick spending a shitload because of hype though. Talented he may be, the way people have gone on about him will have put his price up. This guy could drop in value by 20m in one more season.
Kane for a decent fee would be awesome. Dybala's type of deal... but more than that, its just too much a gamble.

Up to us (english clubs) to be smart. Threre is no other market for Kane, but plenty of good attackers around. We should hold the cards, not Levy. if he wants to sell, good, for a decent price. if not, then keep him and pray for him not to be shit his next season.

Distracted Steward

Rooney was 18, had been one of the best players at Euro 2004 -- Kane is 21, his goalscoring this season has been impressive, but, imo, his ceiling is nowhere near what Rooney's was, and it's only one season. Rooney had been impressing since the age of 16, when he scored against Arsenal on his debut.

No way I buy that Kane is as good as Rooney was, don't care about goalscoring stats either. You can judge players' potential on more than that.

When Rooney was 21 he scored 18 goals and assisted 14. Kane has 30 + 6. But, as I said, can't judge it all on goalscoring stats. General play is important.
Well put.

Devil may care

So... if we sign Kane, or indeed any 'must start' striker, where does Rooney play...?

Surely not a season-long 'Rooney in midfield project'!?

*read in gruff, movie trailer voice*

From the men who brought you 'The Falcao Project', comes a new nightmare...

On screens everywhere from September, 'The Cross Field Pass - A Striker In Midfield'.

*gulp*
:lol:

AkaAkuma

The Sheringham comparison is quite a good one, he looks to be playing two steps ahead of those around him. He might not get the same number of goals consistently as this season, but he looks to have more to his game than just a lucky poacher.

If we can afford it, why not.

Nozzy

Kane at £45m or Lewandowski at, £? Or even a cheeky bid for LVG's best mate, Muller, why not?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hunting for Tottenham player, how United of us... even if he was made of glass Fergie would splash that cash.

Rake

Levy will skin us... He is a tough nut to crack by default but when it comes to us he really enters another level of c*ntness.

We better look elsewhere.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We need to stay away from this one but spending so much on a player after 1 good season would not be ideal.

hp88

Won't go down well with the Spurs fans but an offer of £40m will probably be enough to make the board happy, building a new stadium as well so they're in the need of the cash.

Spark

He'd be one of those signings that would have to score a hat trick a game in order for every cnut and his dog not to call him a flop.

Can't be arsed to have endless conversations trying to convince them that he hasn't had a shit season.

"But for £50 mil you'd expect..."

"Compared to last year..."

Hope we don't get him just yet, too soon to say he'll consistently smash it.

Kag

I tend to agree with this. They're typically difficult to deal with and we'd be far better served looking elsewhere for a more viable alternative.

As for Kane, I like him, but I'm not alone in saying that I genuinely have no idea how good he is, or how good he can eventually be. As with most of the players we are linked to buying this summer, I'm somewhat ambivalent either way.

legball

I think he's the real deal, but its better we don't go for him now, let's see how he does for another season before we make that decision. I'm tired of English players getting overhyped and overpriced to the heavens, this time last season, Barkley was going to go for £50, madness.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's just doing now what he did in the youth teams. He's not fully developed of course but if he 'did' it next season what would his value be? Priceless to Spurs. Some just don't want us to spend any fecking money lol. The Glazers are clearly posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.