Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlikely lad

They don't even need to figure him out, he's just not that good. He's got some ability, he can score goals but that's what strikers do. Elite strikers do more than that. I was saying the same thing all last season too.
He does more than just score goals to be fair...

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
This season 2 out of 3. He did play quite good against us but was totally anonymous against Leicester. Heard he was not much better last week.
Basing your judgement on 2 games is ridiculous ... has last season vanished without trace?

In any case, he wasn't totally anonymous against Leicester. For example, as I recall, he played in Mason with a delicious ball from which the player really should have scored.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Could be the dreaded 2nd season syndrome. I really do think we should wait until next summer and monitor him again this year. For the massive money he would cost it might not be worth it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
How does his non-scoring streak compare with Rooney's at the moment? Hasn't been any better in the 3 matches this season either.

Hopefully the Kane-train is over. He can stay at Spurs and have a good career, but he's not a superstar and never will be.

Born2Lose

He might be a great player in future or might not but to write him off at 22 is bordering on ridiculous.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He could genuinely have a poor season, but it seems a bit hypocritical of people to write him off completely when everyone is being urged to give Rooney plenty of time despite his poor performances.

Kane still has plenty of time to improve and end up having a good season, even if he struggles to do just as well as in his first.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How does his non-scoring streak compare with Rooney's at the moment? Hasn't been any better in the 3 matches this season either.

Hopefully the Kane-train is over. He can stay at Spurs and have a good career, but he's not a superstar and never will be.
he's on the same amount of league goals as he was after 3 rounds of league games too...

you might want to consider that before writing him off just yet

I expect you're a leader of the "Rooney is finished" march, and think we should sign Mahrez and Callum Wilson

starman

The fickleness in this thread is ridiculous. Any judgement if we should get him should be done at the end of this season.

But to see the doubt creep after 3 games is hilarious after reading weeks ago how we should pay excess of 60m...

99% of Kane's goals last season came in a 6 month period between Oct - April

Tosicsleftpeg

He's a great finisher and hasn't really has anything to finish so far he's not a pacey player who beats people and makes his own chances he gets on the end of things, when spurs find form so will he.

Robbie Boy

He's a great finisher and hasn't really has anything to finish so far he's not a pacey player who beats people and makes his own chances he gets on the end of things, when spurs find form so will he.
You haven't really described him well at all there. He scored more than a few goals last season directly due to his pace and ability to beat players.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Spurs look like they have that leverkusen guy lined up for 20m and it seems 25m would get them berahino... I say put £60m on the table and see what levy does - it would be hard to turn down and if we are going to rush around just trying to spend a load on unobtainable stars why not put kane in the mix as although the deal would be difficult it would probably carry half the cost of a muller or neymar and they seem impossible.

£60m cash up font and see what they do... its getting close to the window so do it quick and give spurs a few days to finalise berahino or whoever else they want - hell for that much money they could bring in zlatan for a couple of seasons or even bring in nobody but pay off a big cunk of stadium development costs

Riz

Spurs look like they have that leverkusen guy lined up for 20m and it seems 25m would get them berahino... I say put £60m on the table and see what levy does - it would be hard to turn down and if we are going to rush around just trying to spend a load on unobtainable stars why not put kane in the mix as although the deal would be difficult it would probably carry half the cost of a muller or neymar and they seem impossible.

£60m cash up font and see what they do... its getting close to the window so do it quick and give spurs a few days to finalise berahino or whoever else they want - hell for that much money they could bring in zlatan for a couple of seasons or even bring in nobody but pay off a big cunk of stadium development costs
Fecking hell £60m?

R'hllor

60 mil. pounds cash up front you say and see what they do...Today i heard somewhere how they mentioned 45 mil. for Stones,some would test Spurs with 60 mil for Kane,Barkley next i guess...wonder after clubs get cleaned up for 150 mil. plus for those 3,who is next to go in that hype machine,maybe that kid from West Ham.

Riz

cant work out worse than di maria
Not reaaaaally the best barometer to use when going about spending that much money is it "oh he can't be any worse than the last time we fecked up".

saivet

Not reaaaaally the best barometer to use when going about spending that much money is it "oh he can't be any worse than the last time we fecked up".
Even with AdM we recouped £45m for him. Kane doesn't doesn't perform and then what?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only reason we recouped our money in Di Maria's case was because he's prove himself as a top player over a number of years. If Harry Kane doesn't work out we won't get 20 million let alone 45.

Riz

Even with AdM we recouped £45m for him. Kane doesn't doesn't perform and then what?
Well exactly at least with someone like Di Maria we had his reputation as a selling factor if not his potential. For what it'd worth I really rate Kane and I do hope we move for him in the future but £60m this window is a step too far, if he has another season of scoring 30 odd goals or even "just" 25 plus then I'd understand us making the investment.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Let's offer £170m for him and see what Spurs do.

saivet

Well exactly at least with someone like Di Maria we had his reputation as a selling factor if not his potential. For what it'd worth I really rate Kane and I do hope we move for him in the future but £60m this window is a step too far, if he has another season of scoring 30 odd goals or even "just" 25 plus then I'd understand us making the investment.
Pretty much. Splashing that sort of cash on Kane would be wa too risky imo

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If it was 30 million I'd go for it. He'd provide us with the necessary physicality Rooney doesn't. But 50-60 million is absurd money. I'd expect us to get someone with Luis Suarez's level of ability for that. Plus the pressure on him would be such a giant burden.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
60 mil. pounds cash up front you say and see what they do...Today i heard somewhere how they mentioned 45 mil. for Stones,some would test Spurs with 60 mil for Kane,Barkley next i guess...wonder after clubs get cleaned up for 150 mil. plus for those 3,who is next to go in that hype machine,maybe that kid from West Ham.
I know its crazy... but of stirling costs £50m and stones is going to cost £40m+ we just have to accept thats the price of buiness these days
25 years ago bagio went for around £8m,
20 years ago the record was £13m for lentini (and collymore was going for more than bagio cost 5 years before)
15 years ago crespo went for £35m (and whiltord went to arsenal for 13m)
10 years ago zidane was the record holder at £46m (and schevckenko was going to chelsea at £30m)
5 years ago Ronaldo was the record at £80m (and chelsea were paying £50m for torres)

Yes £60m seems high - but I imagine in five to ten years it wont seem so as within a decade I think £100m wont actually be that unusual

Riz

I know its crazy... but of stirling costs £50m and stones is going to cost £40m+ we just have to accept thats the price of buiness these days
20 years ago the record was £13m for lentini (and collymore was going for more than bagio cost 5 years before)
10 years ago zidane was the record holder at £46m (and schevckenko was going to chelsea at £30m)
5 years ago Ronaldo was the record at £80m (and chelsea were paying £50m for torres)

Yes £60m seems high - but I imagine in five to ten years it wont seem so as within a decade I think £100m wont actually be that unusual
Inflation + Football inflation

Riz

£30m up front - then £5m extra every time he scores 20+ goals a season over a period of 4 years . So max £50m only if he scores at least 80 goals in the next 4 years, simples.
They'd never accept that. I think we'll monitor him this season and if he does have another good year we'll be all over him next summer like a scouser on hitting the woodwork statistics.

R'hllor

Yea well check names you mentioned and then look what amounts those clubs asking for their players,maybe i am wrong but believe that if you spunk 60 mil on Kane,at least 40 mil is for him being English. WBA rejects 22 mil. for Berahino,Everton rejects 30 mil for Stones,Levy might reject 50 mil for Kane,Barkley wouldnt go for less then 50 mil one day etc. Not saying those clubs rejecting offers are in wrong,hell no,they should ask even more.

Just saying,i rather get our HG players from our own ranks(for more then that reason alone) and pay ( if we have to) top money for really some top players/talents and not for some desperately over hyped players.Thing will get even worse at some point,they know that them being domestic have more weight vs their qualities,Sterling act like a cnut with 2 years left on his contract,transfer requests flying around by Stones and Berahino. After cleaning list of those 3 mentioned,media needs new names like Ibe,that WH kid etc.

Dont want to sound like i have something against potentially talented English players,just there is so much over price,so much over hype in my view,that i rather we take our own and build him when ever is possible.

m1y2

Could we not just buy Griezmann for that kind of money? He release clause is around 55M and is a far better player.
he's nto a far better player, its like saying Vidic is a far better player than Erricksen, nonsense, different players, yeah and I highly doubt that people see Griezmanna play every week, YT scouting is it?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
They'd never accept that. I think we'll monitor him this season and if he does have another good year we'll be all over him next summer like a scouser on hitting the woodwork statistics.
Why shouldn't they accept it? If they think he really is worth £50m then they should be confident he would score at least 20 goals a season. if they don't accept it then they are saying they are not confident he will do it and thus he is not worth £50m. Maybe these are the discussions Ed is having at this moment with Levy;)

Status
Not open for further replies.