Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Took his goal really well, and generally had a decent performance. The Ronaldo celebration is ridiculous though :lol:

Kag

He is a proper captain. A bit slow in the turn, but every player has weaknesses.

This guy plays game in game out and is a proper leader. I love him.
Agreed. I think it’s taken for granted just how reliable an option he is for us. Always fit and generally solid in his defending. We wait for the team sheet each week and just expect Maguire to be in there and do a good job. I expect some retort to the tune of 80 million but we haven’t had the luxury of fit, reliable defenders all too often in recent years and Maguire is exactly that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Great again. It's so good to have a player you know will give 7 or 8 out of 10 every week.

Andersons Dietician

He was much improved today. Only a couple of moments of bad positioning but other than that he was very solid.
great recovery to get that block in and some of the play when under preasure was decent. Couple of misplaced passes but yeah he was good.

criticalanalysis

Although Romero should have done better obviously, I thought Maguire should have blocked Cantwell's goal. I'll have to see it again but that was poor as he turned his body.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Superman, not Ronaldo.
My bad. It's usually really hard for me to distinguish between those guys without the glasses. Harry though, doesn't need any glasses to tell him apart. If he gets in a phone booth it's to call some accountant or something don't worry about it.

RedIan

Many under-estimate this guys headed clearances from opposition crosses/corners free kicks... 100% headIng duels won today. He does it week in week out.
Also great blocking of a definite goal today. I rate him and we have looked terrible in defence on the occasional game he hasn’t played.

El Zoido

He’s quietly got really good. I know a lot of fans complained about him after the first few months but he’s really looking the part now.

Zoo

That was a fantastic header that allowed us to counter superbly for Bruno’s second goal.

Big Maguire fan but I didn't think he was at his best today. Some commanding headers won (set up that brilliant counter), but he lost a lot of 50/50 challenges from behind which he usually wins. With his playstyle if he loses those he's massively behind the play and Lindelof and Shaw had to cover for him several times. Was also messy on the clearance which led to some dangerous situations. Still, good calm play and was great playing out of the back. Even not at his best he's a great presence and leader to have.

Coops73

I think he’s brilliant, attacks and defends, always looking forward and committed with every challenge. Great captain.

Adamsk7

Gets unfair criticism literally just because he’s slower than many absolutely rapid strikers.

His ability in the air, either to defend crosses/corners or from opposition goal kicks literally saves us goals every game. His distribution is some of the best from any defender in the league and his calmness in possession is exemplary.

He’s there when we need him and he’s turning in to a really good ambassador and captain for the club. We should really jump off his back when he makes the odd mistake, like all players do.

MDFC Manager

Lindelof does well enough but imagine if we can pair Maguire with someone having a bit more prowess than the Swede...

RkkMan

Some of the passes he made from defence were brilliant. Slowly looking like the defender we saw Pre-COVID.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Among some of the more eye-catching performances, he had another very good game tonight. He's really stepping up.

Tony247

As the team is conceding less and improving GD, I would say money well spent.

Great game in the end but he had me worried early on after those couple of hospital passes to Lindelof and Shaw. I think minus a crowd he needs a bit of time to get into a game, he was the same v. Spurs.

TheReligion

Abusive
@Fracture90

Your list of players in the same bracket or ahead of Maguire is looking more lopsided every week. Rudiger, Sanchez, Sokratis all full or errors. The Spurs back line looks like a cheese grater.

Status
Not open for further replies.