Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Unfortunately our fanbase is shit. Just love to mock our players. Maguire is worth every penny.
We would have won the EL final if he was available.

You can see how clearly poor defensively we became when he got injured.

Marwood

Such a good player. Another yard of pace and we'd be talking about him like we do Stam and Rio.

Walters_19_MuFc

that’s utter hyperbole.
He was good in one game. Think it was against Germany or Portugal and thats it. Ran ragged against Hungary and was awful yesterday against Switzerland.

Its obviously not something you want to hear because he could potentially be a United player but his tournament was very underwhelming.

GueRed

The usual from Captain.

Very good, solid, consistent centre-back .

If he wasnt English he'd be rated much higher.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was good in one game. Think it was against Germany or Portugal and thats it. Ran ragged against Hungary and was awful yesterday against Switzerland.

Its obviously not something you want to hear because he could potentially be a United player but his tournament was very underwhelming.
again nonsense

Abraxas

Has been faultless, pretty much. Well protected, but still.

He is absolutely United's key man in defence, without him we are nowhere near the same side. In fact we are a bit of a shambles.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Twice done by players with pace. It's obvious Maguire needs a pacey partner. But then overall he's excellent again.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Unbelievable. And to think some of our fans don’t rate him :lol:

2nd MOTM performance in 2 games for me

Sylar

Missed him badly in the final run in especially the Europa final

On top of the defensive performance he makes a difference to the attack with how he can carry the ball and his passing especially to Shaw

A-man

Yes,but Lindelöf doesnt complement him ,we need a CB of certain profile,it's no coincidence that he is better with Stones.
You mean his complimentary partner should have the same profile as Stones?! I don’t agree.

Andersons Dietician

He was bossing it tonight which is kinda weird as I often find him the one being led by Lindelof. It was good to see. Long may it continue. Thought he played really well. Did he even get back at a player in Muller :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Missed him badly in the final run in especially the Europa final

On top of the defensive performance he makes a difference to the attack with how he can carry the ball and his passing especially to Shaw
I lost my shit watching Lindelof and Bailly play their own personal game in that final

We'd of won had Maguire played

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Have a look at both again, both times the player was ahead of Maguire, Muller was about 5 yards ahead of him.
Wasn’t done for pace at all.
Muller was ahead because he was faster. He accelerated and left Maguire in dust. I couldn't find that Kimmich's clip.

Hackman2210

Maguire was a monster tonight - reminded me of a prime Gary Pallister. He wouldve headed a cannonball if they crossed one in! He was a rock with a head like a slab of rock.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Muller was ahead because he was faster. He accelerated and left Maguire in dust. I couldn't find that Kimmich's clip.
This is surely a troll post. Watch that clip again and tell me that Muller didn't have a 5 yard head start when he actually started sprinting.

United in sin

We would have won the EL final if he was available.

You can see how clearly poor defensively we became when he got injured.
Based on what? Our shortcomings in the final itself were not exclusively defensive. Lindelof was at fault for their goal through weak defending but there's nothing Maguire could've done about that had he been on the pitch. We faced 7 corners from them and non of them came to anything despite being poor at set pieces throughout the season with Maguire being the mainstay at the back. Overrated

Last edited:

RkkMan

And what's that?
The fact that he offers calmness and composure
The fact that he's our best CB on the ball and would have been of huge use in the final when the Chuckle Brothers 2.0 looked like Bambi on ice on the ball
The fact that he has a commanding presence that could probably have prevented the goal
If after 2 years you can't see how important Maguire is to our defence then this sport isn't for you
I'm genuinely even seeing rival fans appreciating Maguire's importance for both Utd and England

The fact that he offers calmness and composure
The fact that he's our best CB on the ball and would have been of huge use in the final when the Chuckle Brothers 2.0 looked like Bambi on ice on the ball
The fact that he has a commanding presence that could probably have prevented the goal
If after 2 years you can't see how important Maguire is to our defence then this sport isn't for you
I'm genuinely even seeing rival fans appreciating Maguire's importance for both Utd and England
Aye, he’s not as good as VVD obviously but his presence in a football team, just like VVD changes the entire dynamic of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.