Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
H

How does that prove it?
You said he doesn't read the game and then are trying to claim that a guy who has more interceptions than both Lindelof and AWB combined doesn't prove that he does read the game? What's next, are you going to try and claim you don't have an agenda??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think he's quietly having a really good season. After his sending off for England it looks like he had an epiphany.
Like the entire team tbf. Twitter and mainstream media would have you think we're only a game away from crisis. This is the best I've felt about United since Fergie.

Oranges038

Because passing to a teammate who has enough time to pass it on, is never your fault.

In Sunday league you have a point, but he’s not playing with Pete the plasterer in nets is he?

Hendo has a triangle with Matic & Maguire, a triangle keepers and defenders train literally hundreds of times a week.

I genuinely can’t get my head around the sheer stupidity of anyone thinking it’s anything other than an embarrassing almighty feck up from a professional goalkeeper in 2020.
I've already said Henderson's body position is wrong and his touch is poor, and yes he is to blame but not totally.

With Maguire, it's all about having some awareness about what's around you and where your teammates and opposition are. One thing that bugs me a lot about this Utd team is the quality and choice of passing.

But seeing as you think it's all about the guy who receives the pass no matter how poor the decision of the passer is to actually give him the ball.

Let me ask you this, you receive the ball anywhere on the pitch. Do you

a) Turn back into the middle and give it to the player who just gave it to you and is being closed down by two players. Let him deal with your pass while you stand there like a statue.

b) Turn outside and give it to the guy who is loads of space on the wing, then drop off into space in a position to recieve the ball back if needed.

You’re talking out of your backside mate.

Did Henderson have time to take a touch and move the ball on? If the answer is ”yes” and it clearly is, yes it is totally his fault 100%.
It was shite from Hendo, the situation happens every weekend without even getting noticed, that only happens when a keeper fecks up, get over it.

a) Turn back into the middle and give it to the player who just gave it to you and is being closed down by two players. Let him deal with your pass while you stand there like a statue.

b) Turn outside and give it to the guy who is loads of space on the wing, then drop off into space in a position to recieve the ball back if needed.
Honestly mate you’re trying to be clever and getting it all wrong, Hendo and Maguire have an opportunity there that doesn’t exist with Telles. To play a triangle around the striker and take him out of the game.

If all our centre halves ever do is go out to full backs, they’ll much easier get closed out of the pitch. What Maguire was doing is something all top clubs do dozens of times every game, they purposely invite pressure in those situations because quite frankly, I’ve only ever played in the conference and to lose the ball where Hendo did there would have been the most embarrassing mistake of my career. It’s utterly shite from the keeper, stop acting like he’s a non league goaly ffs.

Had a brilliant block today in the second half, also really enjoyed him rampaging into Leeds half. Played a give and go with Martial at one point! Don't know if he'll ever get consistent at putting those attacking headers on target, if he had Zouma's accuracy we'd be such a threat on set pieces. Still, quietly improving a lot since his rough start bar a few off performances here and there.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is in good form at the moment. Really shows us something now and contributes heavily but he needs a more pacy partner that can be the aggressor at times so he doesn't have to play two roles at once. He is finally playing out from the back properly. Only needs to score a couple of headers from corners.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I've already said Henderson's body position is wrong and his touch is poor, and yes he is to blame but not totally.

With Maguire, it's all about having some awareness about what's around you and where your teammates and opposition are. One thing that bugs me a lot about this Utd team is the quality and choice of passing.

But seeing as you think it's all about the guy who receives the pass no matter how poor the decision of the passer is to actually give him the ball.

If it's a good pass and he has options when he receives it and isn't played into trouble, then yes, it's all about hte guy who received the pass. Had Maguire gave him a poor pass and he was under pressure with nowhere to go then it would be on Maguire. That wasn't the case. Stop trying to scapegoat maguire

Oranges038

Honestly mate you’re trying to be clever and getting it all wrong, Hendo and Maguire have an opportunity there that doesn’t exist with Telles. To play a triangle around the striker and take him out of the game.

If all our centre halves ever do is go out to full backs, they’ll much easier get closed out of the pitch. What Maguire was doing is something all top clubs do dozens of times every game, they purposely invite pressure in those situations because quite frankly, I’ve only ever played in the conference and to lose the ball where Hendo did there would have been the most embarrassing mistake of my career. It’s utterly shite from the keeper, stop acting like he’s a non league goaly ffs.
If it's a good pass and he has options when he receives it and isn't played into trouble, then yes, it's all about hte guy who received the pass. Had Maguire gave him a poor pass and he was under pressure with nowhere to go then it would be on Maguire. That wasn't the case. Stop trying to scapegoat maguire

Nah, I'm just talking about that one instance and what should have happened in that moment. I think he's wrong to play the ball inside and the reason he does it is because he's closed his body off when receiving the ball and left himself only that one option. That is why I think he should share a portion of the blame.

But it's a new week, he had a good game yesterday. So let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really good game from Harry.

when he’s in a confident mood he really helps us drive the ball forwards. There was a period in the 2nd half where he charged forward with it, played a few nice 1-2s and then carries it towards the box and laid it off.

That’s exactly what we need in home games to break the deeper lines.

TrustInOle

Glad he has put that bad form behind him and playing very well recently. Always thought his summer was a big reason for that, understandably so. Said it before and will say it again, by far the best centre back we have had since Rio and Vidic were on fire.

Hammondo

You said he doesn't read the game and then are trying to claim that a guy who has more interceptions than both Lindelof and AWB combined doesn't prove that he does read the game? What's next, are you going to try and claim you don't have an agenda??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are just showing a very common poor understanding of statistics.

Jonno

He had a good first season, very bad summer & start of season. Recovered very well. He was an essential piece of our jigsaw to finishing 3rd. If we finish 3rd this season, he'll once again be a huge part of it.

Haters will hate, because he cost £80m, slow and English.

meamth

He had a good first season, very bad summer & start of season. Recovered very well. He was an essential piece of our jigsaw to finishing 3rd. If we finish 3rd this season, he'll once again be a huge part of it.

Haters will hate, because he cost £80m, slow and English.
Not many CB can dribble like he can, and some posters here still say he is a shit Ball playing CB.

Jonno

Not many CB can dribble like he can, and some posters here still say he is a shit Ball playing CB.
Agreed! Imagine if he stayed at Leicester, and last season he inevitably guided them to 3rd place at our expense, many haters would actually be suggesting we sign him.

youmeletsfly

He's decent with the ball but he still wastes so much fecking time until he decides where to pass it. Him and DDG slow our "play it from the back" quite a lot.

I still think he and Lindelof won't ever be a good partnership, mainly because Lindelof is shit in the air and Maguire's positioning is average to say the least, especially when he's baited by another player to get out of his position.

meamth

He's decent with the ball but he still wastes so much fecking time until he decides where to pass it. Him and DDG slow our "play it from the back" quite a lot.

I still think he and Lindelof won't ever be a good partnership, mainly because Lindelof is shit in the air and Maguire's positioning is average to say the least, especially when he's baited by another player to get out of his position.
I think we've discussed this in this thread and the other thread.

You can't expect 90% of the time CB play the pass with urgency. Follow the flow of the game, if we're chasing, defending, controlling or attacking, then you can see the differences.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Nah, I'm just talking about that one instance and what should have happened in that moment. I think he's wrong to play the ball inside and the reason he does it is because he's closed his body off when receiving the ball and left himself only that one option. That is why I think he should share a portion of the blame.

But it's a new week, he had a good game yesterday. So let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Sorry, but i'm not "agreeing to disagree" with someone who is wrong and scapegoating players

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You are just showing a very common poor understanding of statistics.
Amazing. So you just like to make random statements with nothing to back it up and when someone uses stats to show that you are wrong, that person has a poor understanding of stats. But go on...explain it to me. If I were to say that Maguire is very good at reading the game, which stat should I use to back up that claim if not interceptions (you know, the stat you rubbished when you said he doesn't read the game well)? Or do we just make random statements and just expect everyone to take our word for it?

Hammondo

Amazing. So you just like to make random statements with nothing to back it up and when someone uses stats to show that you are wrong, that person has a poor understanding of stats. But go on...explain it to me. If I were to say that Maguire is very good at reading the game, which stat should I use to back up that claim if not interceptions (you know, the stat you rubbished when you said he doesn't read the game well)? Or do we just make random statements and just expect everyone to take our word for it?
Well that's the problem proving or disproving something like this is basically impossible.

I will add though that using statistics like this and thinking it constitutes as proof just feeds ignorance.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Well that's the problem proving or disproving something like this is basically impossible.

I will add though that using statistics like this and thinking it constitutes as proof just feeds ignorance.
So you don't like the stat because you know it shows that you're just talking out of your @$$

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't like the stat because it's being used by someone who doesn't understand statistics.
What's there to understand? Maguire has had more interceptions than Lindelof and AWB combined yet you think he doesn't read the game well. If making more interceptions than two of your partners combined doesn't show that he does in fact read the game well (interceptions are all about reading the play) then I don't know what does. You just don't like the stat because it doesn't coincide with your agenda...

Superunknown

Good for him to have another defensive clean sheet to his name and I thought he played well, bar one or two moments.

Immense today bar one giveaway. Was getting fouled constantly by DCL when going up for headers in the end without the ref calling it. Nice pass into Martial for the first goal. Looked easy enough but his constant looking to break lines was a stark contrast to Matic who slowed the game down every time he received the ball.

GMoore23

If it wasn't for Greece Gate derailing his early season form we'd be top of the League.
Thank God he's put that behind him now. Top CB when on form.

Bojan11

Played a great pass to Martial before the goal. We need more of that.

DickDastardly

Uses his body smart.

Vintage CB stuff, he could probably go on and play 60 games per season playing like this.

We need a Rio-Vidić partnership to form for seasons to go.
If only Eric could stay fit...

Status
Not open for further replies.